“Stunning Location”

Ranked #6 of 102 Hotels in Fethiye
Leicester, United Kingdom
“Stunning Location”
Reviewed 29 April 2014

Myself and my partner and our 6 year old daughter have just spent a week at The Letoonia resort during the easter break...The location of this resort is simply stunning and the grounds and gardens are immaculately maintained with a huge variety of trees and flowers. The beaches are superb with plenty of sun-loungers and hammocks dotted around..Our room was within the main hotel and was very clean and nicely decorated. The beds were very comfy and the shower was good.As a previous trip-advisor has mentioned the rooms in the main hotel are a little noisy though and that is really down to other guests thinking it is acceptable to allow their children to run riot in the corridors - could be an issue in high season I think. The entertainment team were excellent and always looked so happy!! The Michael Jackson show that they performed was really good. Our daughter enjoyed the Mini Disco each night and really looked forward to that.
As far as the food goes it was plentiful and I particularly enjoyed the puddings! However for our personal taste we found the food a little bland at times and not spicy enough - but that's just our preference and I guess the hotel has to cater for the majority. A trip into Fethiye and a visit to The Fish market is a must...Choose your fish and have it cooked in one of the restaurants there..Simply delicious and very reasonably priced..

Only negative comment is that the service in the main restaurant could be better - almost finished meals before drinks arrived...and the staff within the restaurants at times looked disinterested and not particularly smart.

For an Easter week away it was very enjoyable - too hot for me in High Season though!!

1 Thank Katrina B
LetooniaLife, Guest Relations Manager at Letoonia Club & Hotel, responded to this review, 30 April 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to review your holiday on Trip advisor. We are grateful that you commented both the positive and negative sides. This gives us the chance to improve our service.
With kind regards

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (432)
  • Arabic first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Doncaster, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 April 2014

After a 10-day stay at this hotel I was blown away! I booked the hotel because I was impressed with the peninsular setting, however had some concerns after reading reviews. I can now honestly say that this is one of the best hotels I have stayed at and I have stayed at many AI resorts!

We stayed during the Easter holidays, so it was the beginning of season, a few things were closed however seen as though the hotel was around 25% occupied this did not affect our holiday, and we instantly fell in love with the peaceful nature of the hotel. We had 8 sunny days during our stay, reaching highs of 32 degrees in the afternoon, the two cloudy days and evenings were significantly cooler, so it’s a good idea to take warmer clothes at this time of year.

Another bonus of visiting in low season was that we were upgraded to a hotel room rather than the bungalow that we had booked. The hotel rooms have been recently renovated so were very modern and had a great view of the pool and sea. There were complimentary robes and slippers, as well as toiletries that were re-stocked when needed. The mini bar was restocked with large bottles of water, however the 1 can of coke, 2 cartons of juice and 2 soda waters that were there on arrival were never restocked. My only complaint was that the room was very noisy due to people talking and laughing loudly down the corridor and slamming doors. Luckily I always travel with earplugs.

There were 3 pools, which are not heated so are quite cold, however there is also an indoor pool that is heated, this does become quite busy with unsupervised children at times, but it is nice when it is empty! We also used the free sauna and steam room in the Spa, another area that seems to have been recently renovated; they were very nice and hardly used!

We mainly used the beaches; the resort is so big there are many to choose from, all with fantastic views and many sun loungers, parasols were being put out on our last day. Dolphin beach was our favourite as we spent at least 2 hours many mornings on our own until it started to get busier in the afternoon. The beach has 3 slides into the sea (2 were in use at this time) and there was a choice of non-motorised water sports further up the beach. Motorised water sports are available, but those come at a cost. The seawater was quite clear, however not clear enough for snorkelling, which is a shame as there are quite a lot of fish that are very close to the beach. We also saw crabs and octopuses, the staff caught one to show beach goers and then took it home for dinner! There are many ducks that live on the sea and beach, they look friendly, but looks can be deceiving, one came over and bit my toe while I was sunbathing! I was paranoid for the rest of the day that I was going quackers (haha).

Food was great, not a fantastic choice of hot foods at breakfast, however the variety for the other 2 meals was fantastic and very good quality, probably the best we have experienced in terms of AI. The evening meal at the Lykia restaurant was a treat with excellent panoramic views and was very modern. Drinks service could have been better, as you often had to ask staff for drinks rather than them approaching you.

We did not bother with evening entertainment as at did not appeal to us after seeing the entertainers practising outside in cheesy outfits. We found the Agora bar to be great in the evening watching the lights over the bay; it was very quiet as it was outside and cool in the evening. The two gentlemen who worked there were really friendly and gave excellent service remembering our drinks and having them made for us before even reaching the bar! The choice of drinks is quite good, serving local spirits as well a local version of Baileys, a popular choice! The wine and beers are quite palatable.

The hotel is pretty much in the middle of nowhere, quite far out of town, but there is a return boat service for 14TL and also a shuttle bus that runs in high season. For those, like us, who are very determined you can walk through the countryside, shipyards, marinas, town suburbs and get to the rock tombs which are visible from the hotel. It’s a 9 mile round trip but it was a great way to see the countryside as well as the wildlife such as birds, tortoises, lizards, and pet chickens, rabbits, dogs etc.

Overall we had a fantastic holiday and got to do exactly what we went to do, relax! I highly recommend this hotel, and would happily go back in a heartbeat.

Room Tip: We had a room in the main building, found it quite noisy but had great views and was very modern.
2 Thank jsprks
liverpool
Reviewed 26 April 2014

Location was superb - could not get over just how large an area Club Letoonia covers. Bars dotted around the beach walk perimeter were great. If you choose not to leave the resort there is just so much to do for every age. Superb childrens play areas, boating area included free use of kayaks (sit on top types,) so very stable - rowing boats, pedaloes, wind surfers, all at no extra cost. For the first 3 days we spent nothing as you just can't! Only charge is for the shuttle boat to Fethiye which works out at £3 return. Day trips booked locally only cost around £18 including lunch such as a jeep safari or boat trip for the day and you get picked up from the hotel. Can't recommend Club Letoonia highly enough. You only need to mention something & they sort it out fast, such as the air conditioning being too cold. Got back to the room and it was toasty warm! All this was when the resort was not fully open. Whether you want peace & quiet, simply relax, or more an activities holiday Letoonia has everything. Staff were amazing and so friendly can't wait to return there!

Room Tip: request one with a sunny balcony overlooking the sea
2 Thank freedom2roam
warwickshire
Reviewed 24 April 2014

My husband and I have recently returned from our holiday to Letoonia. Being the beginning of the season, the staff were super attentive-greeting us with champagne and flowers on arrival (a great start!) We had booked a bungalow but as the resort was so quiet we ended up staying in the main hotel; the rooms were clean and comfortable, great shower and comfy beds and maid service was faultless. On walking around the resort we couldn't get over how big it was and were very impressed with the leisure facilities and comfortable hammocks. Our previous experiences of food and drink at other all inclusive resorts has been a bit hit and miss but both were brilliant at Letoonia.We only drank the wine and beer and were impressed with both of these. The variety and quality of food was also great at every sitting with breakfast served in the Marina restaurant and evening meals at the Lykia restaurant which boasts a superb view. Food choices included various soups, fish and meat dishes with the best salad and bread selections. Unless all you're willing to eat is chips and pizza whilst your abroad then the food is varied and tasty. The animation team were very entertaining and friendly and especially helpful when I misplaced my Phone (thanks Ricardo!) The aim of our holiday was pure R&R after our wedding in December and before our baby is born in October and it was just that. We are looking to book next year with the kids at Easter time again as they will love it. I marked quality of sleep as 4/5 because on a couple of nights I was woken by other guests who allowed their young children to run around late at night which makes me think that in peak season this may be an issue due to how the sound carries within the main hotel (although I was being boring and pregnant and had a few early nights). I guess this might not be an issue with the bungalows though. My only other suggestion would be the availability of fresh juice and waiter service around the pool and beach which I have experienced at other 5 star resorts. It's also worth noting that if you go early in the season then various parts aren't open due to the sheer size of the place but this didn't detract from our overall enjoyment of the holiday.

Room Tip: Bungalows might be better if you want early nights?!
2 Thank Lu6ille
Durham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 April 2014

lovely place gorgeous surroundings and a lot to do although got the impression staff were not allowed to talk to guests especially girls as they were rude to us and had to banter.... rooms dated but good and clean...... would reccomend drinks were rubbish

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Laurenben2014
liverpool
Reviewed 20 April 2014

We returned from an early 7 night Easter break, my husband, myself and 2 children aged 12 and 9. The food, entertainment and complex were amazing, so much so that we probably didn't make enough effort to check out the history of the area, but as our holiday was short and relaxing as a family our priority, I can wait to do the culture on another occasion.

Unlike previous reviewers, I found the staff to be friendly and accommodating. The free use of the non-motorised water sports was a bonus, and the resort really was a haven, with lots of different areas to explore, depending on mood, energy and the weather.

I would recommend without hesitation and we hope to return. Criticisms? The wi-fi is dreadful, which didn't bother us as people desperate to get away from it all, but Im sure would be very inconvenient if staying in touch beyond Letoonia was a priority. There also seemed to be more activities geared up for boys than girls, so my son was busy and made lots of friends, whilst my younger daughter who prefers being creative to sport had less to do.

Everyone we met, of all ages and backgrounds, was having a great time, if this is a measure of the resort, then Letoonia is a must.

3 Thank sazLiverpool
Hove, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 April 2014

My family and I have just returned from a magical week at the Letoonia Club Hotel. We had originally booked a bungalow but on arrival were allocated a hotel room, the staff explained that as the resort was very quiet we had been upgraded. At first I was disappointed as I had been advised by my sister to stay in a bungalow but once we were shown our room we were pleasantly surprised. The hotel had recently undergone a refurbishment and the room was spacious, contemporary with beautiful sea views. I think we probably had one of the best positioned rooms at the front of the hotel on the third floor. The resort is large and beautiful with several stunning beaches to enjoy and explore. We stayed very early in the season in April and most of the action/activities during the day centred around the main hotel pool, it was easy to escape from the noise due to the size of the resort and after a quick wander along the peninsula you can find plenty of stunning areas to chill and relax. My active 11 year old son made the most of all the activities on offer including football, darts, volleyball, silly games, boules and swimming competitions. The animation staff were good fun and enthusiastic and the two shows we watched were a high standard. The children also enjoyed the waterslides into the sea. The watersports are all included in the all inclusive package and we made use of the pedalos, kayaks and sailing boats. For an additional cost you can catch a boat to Fethiye which is worth a visit particularly on market day. The heated indoor pool was great for the time of year we went as the sea and outdoor pools were a bit chilly.The food was varied and on the whole very yummy. Unusually there were no sign of ice creams available for the children although the Turkish cookies served every afternoon made up for this. Due to the time of year some of the bars/restaurants were closed and certain areas were a little ghost town like but on the other hand we had the pick of the sun beds and very quick service. The weather was lovely, mainly hot and sunny with only one cloudy day. The big selling point for this resort however is its unique location and breathtaking views.

3 Thank HoveFamily
With kind regards
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fethiye
Yacht Classic Hotel
Hillside Beach Club
Hillside Beach Club
#2 of 102 in Fethiye
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,121 reviews

Been to Letoonia Club & Hotel? Share your experiences!