“Great holiday, would go back!”

Letoonia Club & Hotel
Ranked #6 of 101 Hotels in Fethiye
Berkshire, United Kingdom
“Great holiday, would go back!”
Reviewed 31 July 2014

We got back from Letoonia on th 25th July, we were only there a week, but could hve easily stayed longer! There was 6 of us in our party, myself and my husband and our two children 5 and 16 and my parents. We stayed in the main hotel - the hotel had been recommended and so was staying in the main hotel as the bungalows can be a bit of a walk, however, they are beautiful and moe spacecious if your children are ok walking a little.
The food was fantastic so much choice - even for children! The evening entertainment does start a little late (especially the mini disco) but it is good entertainment for all ages.
The hotel and entire resort is kept very clean. We weren't there at the height of the season, however, we never struggled to find a sun bed, I certainly didn't need to get up at 6am to put my towels out!! The ferry to fethiye runs hourly and takes about 15 mins and it is quite a lovely little boat trip for 14tl return! The Tuesday market is hard work, be prepared you can't make eye contact with anyone you need to be strong.
I would recommend this hotel to families with any age children, there is something for everyone....I would also recommend it to couples as you can take or leave the lively bits if you are in the main hotel it is very quitet. We stayed in room 1330 - our maid was the best we have ever had, she always had a smile and our room was spotless!
A great holiday!!

Room Tip: Main hotel if you want guaranteed quiet and less walking or a bungalow near the main hotel
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank Emma C
LetooniaLife, Guest Relations Manager at Letoonia Club & Hotel, responded to this review, 1 August 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review your holiday on Trip Advisor.
We thank you once again, and we hope to see you in the near future.
Guest Relations

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (434)
  • Arabic first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Exeter, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 July 2014

I booked this 'holiday' at the last minute. Upon arrival a Dalaman, First Choice did not have me on their list and the coach transfer went without me the airport staff were dismissive and I had to pay for a taxi to Club Letoonia. The reception staff said I could not have any food at my late arrival and had not organised a room for me. I had to pay for a taxi to the hospital on the following day as I had a foot injury which had worsened, 8 metal staples later and £700 lighter I returned to my hotel room which was up steps, no view and no balcony which had paid for when booking. At least my taxi driver went into the pharmacy for me...he was the only person I met who realised I was in pain and could NOT walk. My travel rep had her day off and didnot contact me on the follwing morning, when she was in the hotel.
I rang reception for food and drinks but they said they did not do room service!
I rang guest relations who said I would be charged for requesting orange juice ! I had paid over £1000 for an all inclusive holiday.
After being confined to my room for 2 days, I rang First Choice in England and requested a wheelchair so that I could actually move from my bed, a change of room s that I could actually see out, food service WITHOUT charges. Now I had some response as Kimberley contacted the First Choice Rep ad 'Guest Relations.'
Finally 2 Guest Relations (young ladies) came and I had to stagger down steps to a wheelchair. I was very distressed and in pain. The Russian young lady said I was the rep's responsibility !
I was made to feel a burden throughout this distressing experience. I was positioned by the pool and experienced my first bowl of icecream ! Sarah from Guest Relations appeared and did giveme some orange juice and fruit ! She did take me to the doctors, note...no rail to heave yourself up the steps to the surgery..and I was extremely vulnerable in pain.The Doctor did prescribe anti biotics and checked that I reached a new ground floor room where I could see the world go by.
I felt helpless as the rep said; the hotel staff could not move me anywhere in a wheelchair due to health and safety reasons, the wheelchair was not welcome in the reception or in the restaurants.
The hotel did not have the staff to bring food to me !!! they have loads of staff. From my little balcony I was 60m away from the restaurant where I could see waiters taking drinks and food to guests !! BUT they were not permitted to bring anything to me.
The rep kept saying I needed a 'fit to fly' certificate from the Doctors...somewhat difficult when I was immobile and confined to barracks...YES this did seem like a prison sentence...not that I have ever experienced one (or plan to)
On the final day I wa able to stand (in pain) and was told that as I was now 'mobile!!' ha ha..I would not qualify for any help at the airport !! I had 8 staples in my foot and they expect me to get through the airport departure. The rep stated that Dalaman airport disallows any wheelchairs to be provided when your transfer coach arrives !!
Reception rang saying had to vacate my room at midday for 4.30 departure...bit difficult with serious foot injury (4 cm laceration and the rep suggested that I 'hop!'
Final day (thank God and I did not sleep...the Dr came with permission to fly...Rep said I must not show any emotions as the airport would not allow me to fly home !!
uckily akind English family witnessed all of this and were horrified by the lack of care
The hotel is a wonderful location; the rules and regulations are inflexible
If I had brought my partner I 'may' have been treated with at least a little respect
I abhor people who ignore the plight of a single female guest who had a foot injury and was confined to a dingy hotel room
The Turks will cover up all these issues with their platitudes of hotel rules and regulations. This was uncaring behaviour. From all my travelling I have received better treatment in Italy, Spain, France and also with my work in Third World Countries such as India.,
Just imagine if our Para-Olympiads rocked up for this glorious holiday with such dismissive, unkind staff !?!?

Room Tip: Insist on getting the details before you sign your holiday money away!
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank 745gilly
Newton Abbot, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 July 2014

Stayed at Letoonia in May / June. We had a room in the main hotel block which has been recently modernised, as is typical of hotels...door slamming a problem, but eventually it passed. We had problems with our air conditioning for the first few days, which was eventually sorted but it did do the occasional blip. The pool at the main hotel block is a lot quieter and access to a nice quiet stretch of beach with lots of loungers , hammocks and swing chairs, the towel cards made getting fresh towels easy and a nice touch. We stayed in this area the most, but to be fair the complex is so big you are spoilt for choice for somewhere to sunbathe, swim or go for a wander. A walkway goes all round the head land and is lit up at night so you could walk off your ample dinner. If you want some more action, then the main pool is the place to go, lots going on here and also this area is the centre of the evening entertainment as it's also the area where there is a outdoor arena..the entertainment was very good and enjoyable...a bit late for little ones though as it starts at 9.30. Over at dolphin beach there are water slides and watersports..we tried the kayaking etc and loved it. The grounds are lovely but I'm sure you could feel a little cut off in some of the villas in the grounds, although they do all have lift access to them, it's a fair trek. We loved the moonlight restaurant ...it overlooks the sea and is open air...really nice. The food was good, but did get a little same old at the end of our hols. The staff....we found most of them rather cold and unwilling to try and interact ...I'm sure they see lots of holiday makers but the odd smile would be nice. Do make sure you go to the market in Fethiye on the Tuesday....great experience, but don't forget to check out the town. Would we go back....yes probably, but wouldn't do 2 weeks again as cabin fever set in after a while as you are a fair way outside of fethiye , so either you take the water taxi or normal taxi...not really walkable, unless you like to hike! Attention to detail lets this hotel down, the location and ease of transfer do make it better. Word of warning.....as a Brit we do like to form an orderly queue, unfortunately this trait is not shared by all nationalities .....get your elbows ready and stand your ground...you have been warned!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Jason T
LetooniaLife, Halkla İlişkiler Müdürü at Letoonia Club & Hotel, responded to this review, 30 July 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review your holiday on Trip Advisor.
We are very delighted to read a positive review and honored to hear that you were satisfied with our hotel.How Ever we are not happy to here that one of our memeber of staff made you feel unwelcome. ıf you could please contact Guest Relatıons we wıll do out best to try and resolve thıs matter,
Reviewed 28 July 2014 via mobile

Rooms very dated, definitely not 5*, had an infestation of insects in to our wardrobe the day after the maids did an insecticide treatment!
Resort is lovely and never seemed too busy although we went early July for 2 weeks.
Public areas and beaches are immaculate and great credit to the staff for this.
Food and drink is good for an all inclusive resort with plenty of choice at each sitting.
Problem with odour from drains frequently.
Problem with room key card working ( 5 times in 2 weeks ) which didn't seem to be an issue with staff in reception!
Live singers each night at the main bar/pool area consisted of 2 female vocalists taking it in turn with backing musicians, one was bearable, the other was absolutely terrible, same songs each night over and over ( Amy winehouse )
All in all I would recommend this resort but still think it is overpriced based on the accommodation, avoid rooms near the main bar/pool area as can be noisy in to the early hours.

• Stayed July 2014
2 Thank Kennymac65
LetooniaLife, Halkla İlişkiler Müdürü at Letoonia Club & Hotel, responded to this review, 31 July 2014
Reviewed 26 July 2014

The pool games are brillIant and the games room is good also the pool's beaches and views are very nice. But the rooms are shabby quite small and the food is quite good but the special restaurants are very poor only two choices of food but apart from that I would definitely recommend letoonia

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Adamsmart_00
Reviewed 25 July 2014

Letoonia is a fabulous family holiday venue. This was our third summer their in a row with our two teenage children, who begged us to go back and are already planning next year. The resort is so huge it always feels quiet, even when operating at capacity, and there are so many different beaches, pools and restaurants that there is something for everyone - small children, teenagers, couples and quieter areas for those who want peace. I always feel at home there and the staff always welcome us back as old friends. This really feels like a big extended family and my favourite feature of this resort is that everyone from the hotel management to guest services and the animations team all eat and socialise together in the restaurants and bars. It's not perfect - they do have an intermittent problem with smelly drains and the public toilets aren't always kept as fresh as they could be, but these points are more than made up for by great, friendly service, good food and great facilities.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a bay view, on the 'Hotel Centre' side.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
5 Thank Nick N
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 July 2014

The grounds of Letoonia are beautiful and very picturesque, you have to witness the sunrise in the main bar area it is truly spectacular, The restaurants are all equally good we did enjoy eating in the Moonlight the views across the bay are great, as you expect with an All inclusive resort the food is very same-same after a while but that is not to say there is not enough variety to cater for all tastes with a mixture of traditional and european dishes.

The room we stayed in was clean and tidy but it I would say it was dated and in need of some new decor we stayed with two kids and the room wasnt big enough for 4 people but since it was only for a week and you dont spend all your holiday in your rooom we just got on with it. I would say anyone with walking difficulties ask for a room on the ground floor as everything appeared to be climbing steps. There was a mini bar in the room which was topped up with water each day.

This was a realxing holiday therefore we didnt partake in any excursions but the entertainment in the complex was good they did their best to entertain a broad spectrum of holiday makers it was varied and they even had a show on the beachone night but take a flashlight or phone with a light as it is very dark whilst walking in around the complex.

The pools were great you have a lively pool with water slides into the sea where the entertainment team were most days and then a smaller pool that also catered for younger kids, you are given towel cards which you exchange for towels each day so no need to pack beach towels.

All in all we loved Letoonia and will return the staff were friendly the place was clean and since we have been home we have received Xmas cards and Easter cards from them which is lovely touch.

There is Free wifi in the main bar area but no where else in the resort.

Room Tip: If you have diffulty walking ask for a ground floor room or one situated near reception
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
4 Thank GeordieLes
LetooniaLife, Halkla İlişkiler Müdürü at Letoonia Club & Hotel, responded to this review, 25 July 2014
Dear Guest
Thank you for taking the time to review your holiday on trip advisor. As a hotel we are very happy to hear that you had a fantastic holiday. we hope that you and your Family return to Letoonia in the near Future.
Guest Relations.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fethiye
Club Tuana Fethiye
Club Belcekiz Beach Hotel
Jiva Beach Resort
Jiva Beach Resort
#4 of 101 in Fethiye

Been to Letoonia Club & Hotel? Share your experiences!