“Trunky..babu & Harrys holiday”
Review of Flora Palm Resort

Flora Palm Resort
Ranked #14 of 101 Hotels in Fethiye
Kingswinford, United Kingdom
“Trunky..babu & Harrys holiday”
Reviewed 14 November 2013

A very nice clean hotel well priced. Location is great.
AI - If I returned I would go self catering as the food in the town was lovely and cheap...some of the best we have had. Food was nice at times 75% of which was the same but we never went hungry when we eat at the hotel ;-)
Room was nice and clean with good maid service but I can never understand why hotels have to charge for security boxes!
Staff were generally happy but at times it was a struggle to make eye contact and get a smile
Both the childs and large pool were cold..not get when you have a baby to entertain.
Would I go again..would have to consider it ;-)

3 Thank wayneharry
AhmetARICAK, General Manager at Flora Palm Resort, responded to this review, 10 December 2013
Dear Wayne,
Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience on Tripadvisor. We are excited to read that you entirely enjoyed your holiday with us once again. Your feedback is very much appreciated as well as your loyalty and willingness to return to the Flora Palm Resort. It will be our pleasure to be your hosts again in the very near future.

Ahmet ARICAK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (155)
  • Turkish first
Aldershot, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 November 2013

Firstly I would like to say to ignore the reviews literally pulling this hotel apart - it is really not bad!

We found the hotel very clean and the rooms, pool, restaurant and communal areas were all continually being cleaned and tidied throughout our week there. The beds weren't changed daily (who changes there bed everyday at home?!) but they were made everyday and the rest of the room including the bathroom were swept and mopped. Towels were replaced daily.

Our room was really big (on the ground floor) and we had plenty of space even with 3 beds and other furniture in there. The beds are very comfortable. I do agree that some lamps for softer lighting would be beneficial in the rooms - we travelled with our 7 year old and so when she needed to go to bed we had to have the bathroom light on to be able to read etc.

The pool and communal areas are very clean and the water slide for the children (and adults let's face it!) is excellent - it was only switched on for an hour in the morning and an hour in the afternoon meaning there was also plenty of time to relax without people going down the slide. We saw a man cleaning the pool every morning at 8.00am and the cleaning ladies wiped down all the sun beds and swept the area every morning too.

The food... ok so it won't win any awards but it is really not as bad as many reviews are saying. To be honest most of the guests complaining about the food when we were there would have been happier if they served pizza and chips every night but if you travel to another country you should expect to eat their cuisine!! The food wasn't as hot as we would have liked the first 2 nights however something was said and from then on it was always steaming hot. It was always very traditional Turkish cuisine - and by that I don't mean kebabs and koftas - lots of rice, stews, Turkish moussaka, grilled fish. Anyone travelling to Turkey needs to understand that they do not import food like we do in the UK - you will be eating food reared, grown or produced in Turkey so of course it won't be exactly what you're used to. I was very happy with the food (I am very open minded and willing to try just about anything) however I do understand that for some perhaps fussier guests the choices were a bit limited. There was always plenty of fresh bread, soup, and salads galore. The things which my partner found off-putting were the cold meats and cheeses at breakfast however they were traditional Turkish meats and cheeses (including the sausages, don't expect sausages like you have in the UK) and I personally enjoy meat, cheese, cucumber etc for breakfast. There was always toast, cereal and eggs available at breakfast every day.

Drinks were good and there was a lot of choice available as an all-inclusive guest (all local wines, spirits, lagers etc). Tea, coffee, squashes and water were available 24-7 on a self-service basis. You have to try Turkish apple tea - it's delicious!

We always found the staff very friendly and helpful and they were so wonderful (and popular!) with the children. Charlie who runs the bar was especially good.

A couple of negatives...
1. They need to offer better snacks in the morning and the afternoon. I personally don't think chips are really the best thing to feed your children at 3pm however many people there (usually the people whose children only ate chips at every mealtime too...) did enjoy having chips at snack times. I would have liked to have fruit etc in between meals. Saying that we took a piece of fruit with us when we left the restaurant after every meal and had this for our snacks. The staff were perfectly happy with us taking fruit from the restaurant.
2. The walls are VERY thin in the hotel and you do hear a lot of noise between rooms, especially toilets flushing and children crying. We even had an early wake up call one day from the couple in the room above... need I say more?! We went right at the end of the season so the hotel wasn't very busy and the majority of guests also had children but I don't know if I would want to stay at the Flora Palm in peak season because of the amount of noise you hear in the room.

All in all I think the Flora Palm is a good hotel with room for a few improvements. If you're looking for 5* luxury it won't be for you, however if you want a good all-inclusive holiday on a budget you should consider the Flora Palm.

Room Tip: The ground floor rooms open directly onto the sun terrace and pool but they are much bigger than the...
4 Thank The3Wests
Dear Tom and Beccy,
Thank you very much for taking the time to share your hotel experience. Our goal is to provide a comfortable, relaxing and enjoyable stay to all our guests and we are sorry that we failed you. We have taken note of your valuable comments on the quality and variety of food, the service and room interior. Please know that our hotel will undergo a significant renovation by the end of the year, so that most areas will be refurbished as well as the hotel concept will be revised. Thank you again for your feedback because this helps us make the necessary changes to our hotel and improve our services. We would love another opportunity to provide a great stay for you and your family and hope you will consider us again in the future.
LONDON
Reviewed 5 November 2013

I will start with the positives - great location, no fighting for sunbeds, friendly, free shuttle to lovely beach

The negatives - Food, served at least an hour before meal times so staff can eat first. Always cold by the time guests are permitted. Repetative & not much choice. I had read a comment by the manager that they had put a microwave in the dining area for guests to use. It is not there now. We were "all inclusive" but ate out 4 times in 5 days. Really recommend The Olive Tree (no children) next door & Dominoes up the road. On our last night almost all the guests from Flora Palm were at Dominoes due to the main course at the hotel being fish heads!

The accomodation is split between 3 blocks, A, B & C. Block A is right behind the bar, the lower floors have no view & it is very noisey until late. Although, when I called to complain at 1.30am Charlie immediately turned the music down.

I read previous complaints about the noise from the cockerel. The manager had responded that the owner had found it a new home. Well it is back, and in full voice. From 5am it was making a right racket!

All in all we would return if the food was improved. However you get what you pay for. The hotel element of our holiday worked out at £20 per head, per day, inc accomodation, food & drink!

Room Tip: Ask for block B or C to avoid the noise & get a guaranteed view!
Dear Michelin-Star,
Thank you for taking the time to post a review of our hotel. We are disappointed to learn that your recent stay was less than expected and please accept our sincere apologies for not meeting up to your expectations.
Your feedback is deeply appreciated. We have taken note of your helpful comments and will address these to improve the quality and services we offer.
We hope that you would give us another opportunity to welcome you again to our hotel.
Lincolnshire, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 November 2013

I'll start this review by stating that I won this holiday through a competition so I had no choice over where I stayed (if I had, it certainly would not be here).

Fairly well travelled (for my age) but never been to Turkey but always heard good things. Arrived at the airport and jumped on our transfer bus. Bus driver squirts our hands with this hand sanitizer and offers us all some mini Turkish Delights and a bottle of ice-cold water. All free. I start to think I'm gonna like this holiday.

WRONG!

Arrived at the hotel, there were 2 young (ish) reception staff on, we were the only ones arriving that night so the reception was empty. Could they have looked any more pleased to see us? Barely any eye contact, no welcome, no smiles, no nothing. No information was given except a few odd things pointed out to us as one of them led us to our room. Considering this was an all inclusive holiday, I would have been expecting him to at least tell us what time dinner is, but no, I had to ask, and then was directed to a laminate on our dressing table. And he left.
The room - ok now I'm used to a little luxury, I will admit, so this was a bit of a come down for me. Ignore the 3* or 4* hotel quotes (I saw it state different stars on different sites). Turkey's star rating is obviously a little behind ours because I would class this as a 2-3*. The room itself was ok in terms of size, plenty of storage. However we were put in a room with 3 single beds (there was only 2 of us and we are a couple). I could cope with that though, I just pushed 2 beds together. The 3rd bed was a little random, didn't match the others and was looking a little worse for wear, and looked a bit of an eye-saw to be honest. The sheets had small yellow stains on them and were probably washed/changed once during the full week. No effort seemed to be put into the daily clean - she did the bare minimum (i.e. straighten bed sheets out, sweep and gave us a new toilet roll).

The walls are very thin - you can hear the people yawning next door. If they drop something, you can hear it, if they flush the toilet, it sounds like its in your room.

The lighting I found to be an issue in our room - our view outside was the side of a brick building (which was the main complex building that had everything in it). Because of this, natural light couldn't get in properly, so it was always very dull in our room. We had the choice of opening the nets, but then that meant lack of privacy with people being able to see right in (we were on ground floor) so I didn't like that. I remember at one point, it was a stormy day, so darker than usual, and at 2pm I couldn't even read my book it was that dark! There were no lamps, only the main light - so again, putting this on in the day created the problem of people being able to see in. My boyfriend was sick one night also, and really wanted the light turning out - however it was only early (around 7ish) and I was obviously still wide awake pottering around, so that would have left me in darkness - so 1 or 2 bedside lamps would be really beneficial!

The bathroom - where do I start? It looks quite nice on the photographs, but we must have got the groggiest bathroom I've ever seen in a hotel. Firstly, the shower door rubber seal was hanging off. Second, there was a faint red stain on the white toilet seat and lid (which I dread to think what it was). I tried cleaning it several times but it wouldn't shift. This le me having to paper the seat every time I wanted the toilet.. really not ideal! How much would it cost to change the toilet seat? (See photos for this). There were cobwebs in the corners of the bathroom with a few small spiders dotted here and there. The bathroom shelf was tiny and hung really awkwardly over the sink, so when you went to wash your face, you had to be careful when lifting your head up in fear of hitting the shelf. The grouting in the shower was half yellow, and the drain wouldn't fit in the ground properly and looked like it needed a good clean (see photo). Towards the end of the holiday, my boyfriend turned the shower on and it must have been the pressure from the water, but the shower head flew off and nearly hit him in the face... really not good!

The internet connection was poor. For half the holiday I went with intermittent connection. It would last about 5 mins then cut out for a long time. A day later I sat outside our room and it worked fine. I then figured if I moved to near the window (on the opposite side to where I was sat outside) it may work, and it did - but this was annoying as I couldn't just lay in bed and go on it. Very temperamental.

The staff - I was quite surprised with because I'd read so many reviews of how 'friendly' the staff were. Are you kidding me? There was only one that stood out and was chirpy/friendly, and I think his name was Charlie - he worked at the bar anyway. All the others made me feel uncomfortable like they didn't want us to be there - as soon as they saw us they looked away. We are a quiet couple and do keep ourselves to ourselves, but not to the point that we are rude! They did seem to take more with children, but either way, please make your guests feel welcome!!

The pool, even though we didn't use it, did always look spotless.
There were a few rowdy groups whilst we were there, that made you aware of them from all ranges. Fully grown adults acting like children in the pool and topless sun bathers. Reminded me of a tacky Benidorm resort. Bleurgh.

The food - I was dreading this because of the reviews I read, however I will give them their due - the food they *did* lay out tasted ok. Nothing outstanding, but not revolting either. They did stick to the same things everyday though, with maybe one item that had changed from the day before. Breakfast was a nightmare for me, thank god for the bread basket - I've never had so much bread and butter as I did that week! Expect olives, cheeses' and hams for breakfast with the occasional scrambled egg. Lunch was v.much the same but with something extra added. I never caught snack time but could tell tea time food were sometimes the leftovers from the snack time (chips). The serving area was not the best in terms of hygiene - a large percentage of the food was not covered over, so god knows how many times the flies landed on the food. That goes for the dessert as well (which by the way, the Turks don't do very good, so I would avoid the sponge if I were you!). If you have a sweet tooth (like me) you wont be able to satisfy it here I'm afraid. We often had dessert out, or bought snacks from the local shop.

In terms of location - this was good - at the end of the strip but only a 2-3min walk before you're back on it. Lots of shops and restaurants to choose from. A 5 min walk from the bus stop as well were you can catch a bus into Olu-Deniz or babadag.

All in all, nice for a change of scenery but definitely wouldn't recommend this place for people that have the slightest bit of standard.

Had a few bad experiences outside of the hotel too, so all I can say is nice visiting you Turkey, but never again. Still, another country crossed off the list.

1 Thank KateLouise85
Dear Guest,
Thank you for sharing your experience with the Tripadvisor community. We are sincerely sorry to read your report regarding your unsatisfactory experience at the Flora Palm Resort. Our goal is to provide our guests, who come from all over the world, with a comfortable and relaxing stay and it's obvious we let you down.
Your feedback is highly appreciated. Therefore, we have since addressed your valuable comments regarding the variety of food, the entertainment team attitude and the lack of English language proficiency by several layers of hotel staff with the relevant departments for taking measures to ensure future guests do not have the same experience.
We would really appreciate if we could welcome you at our hotel again in the future so you can fully experience our exceptional service and characteristic hospitality.
Southampton
Reviewed 2 November 2013

We've just returned from a week's bed and breakfast stay at Flora Palm and were more than happy with what was on offer. We had an attic room in Block B which was big enough for two and it contained an additional single bed. The room was cleaned every day and the breakfast was the best we've had in the Hisaronu area when booking a budget holiday. We knew the quality of food we could get from the many restaurants in the area so didn't consider booking half board or all inclusive as we like the flexibility eating elsewhere offers.

Clothes storage may be an issue if you are staying for longer than one week or if there are more than two in the room. However, this would not stop us staying here again.

Room Tip: A Block overlooks the bar so probably best avoided unless you like staying up late
1 Thank Dizzyspins
Dear Dizzyspins,
Thank you for staying with us and taking time to post a review of our hotel. We are delighted to read that your family enjoyed the Flora Palm Resort experience and we appreciate your positive review in relation to our service and facilities. We would be more than happy to welcome you again in the future.
Kind regards,
Kingston-upon-Hull, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 November 2013

Great location ,from the start our holiday was fantastic we were greeted from the bus by charlie who is always smiling and were taken to reception and cases carried and shown to our room which was the best room I've had while travelling abroad with tasteful decor and very clean and spacious.
after reading the reviews and it not being our first time in turkey we opted for the bed and breakfast option as we know how nice the food is when eating out and doesnt break the bank.
the breakfast was lovely comprising of your traditional Turkish breakfast with salads ,meats and cheeses and hot options like boiled eggs and sausages. all of which were always warm there were juices and tea and coffee making facilities and you could eat out on the balcony or inside.
we got up for breakfast every morning as it was from 8am till 10am very reasonable times so if you have had a few too many the night before you can have a little lie in.

i never saw the other options of food but i would safely say i'm sure they were OK and sometimes people complain over minuscule things and forget how much they paid for there holiday in the first place which most properly doesn't cover half the costs of the staff or the food we paid £90 for an 8 day stay with breakfast you can get a hotel at home for that PER night unbelievable value .
all the staff are friendly and are always happy to help you and ask how your day has been
this was the first time i took my 5 year old daughter abroad and i couldn't have wished for a better hotel we went just at the right time as the children have been off for a week the pool is brill for the kids with a wicked slide (only went down it once after being forced to not be boring by my partner) the water in the pool was blumming freezing to say the least while your catching the rays its the highlight of the day specially when watching the grown ups lowering them self into the pool and gracefully giving them a round of applause when this has been achieved to watch them get swiftly out after 5 mins lol.

the weather was lovely and hot during the day but never too hot just nice but the nights were sometimes a little nippy if your going in oct maybe just a cardigan or i bought a pashmina for 4 pound from the shops which kept me warm
charlie lights the fire on a night so that will keep you warm

theirs a free shuttle bus down to billys beach at 11am everyday where theirs a sandy beech with calm seas you have to pay 7.5 lira for your sun beds but well worth it

charlie was fantastic though out the whole holiday he works very hard and my little one has made a true friend there he has got some moves as shown in the brill entertainment with Turkish night and the wedding that was great to watch and thank you to the lovely couple for letting everyone join in.

the cleaning staff are excellent and our room was cleaned everyday and clean towels put out and they made lovely love hearts with flowers for us very pretty.
i would recommend this hotel to anyone couples or families

overall a fantastic holiday and will be returning next year! cant wait lots of love Lynsey,col,chloe

Room Tip: we has a first floor room in A block
Dear Lynsey,
Thank you very much for your detailed feedback about your visit to the Flora Palm Resort. We are delighted to read that you were satisfied with your lovely stay and were able to enjoy all our hotel has to offer! We are pleased to receive inspiring words which have further encouraged our entire team to provide enhanced services to all our esteemed guests. We truly appreciate your comments and your loyalty to the Flora Palm Resort and look forward to welcoming you back next year.

Kind regards,
York, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 October 2013

Just returned as a young couple from an 11 night stay. There are no problems with the hotel itself, the rooms and facilities are good and kept clean. However, what is offered in terms of all inclusive is very disappointing. We have stayed at many all inclusives and appreciate what you can expect from a budget hotel, Flora Palms fell very short of what we expected. There are 4 options each mealtime for "hot food" however this includes, chips, rice, vegetables etc. So realistically there are 2 options at best. The food appeared to come 30-60 minutes before the restaurant opening times so the staff and their friends could eat first, consequently the food was always cold and was not regularly changed, On one occasion a staff member was asked whether any hot chips would be put out and replied "no, cold chips!" I have seen on reviews below that when a microwave has been recommended, the hotel has replied to state a microwave has been installed, this is a lie. There are a few small things the hotel could do that would make a big difference, for example, tables should be set for meals (the cutlery was located by the food so you set your own table), bottled water and tea-making facilities in rooms, when staff are not busy (which was often the case) they could offer to get customers drinks from the bar to go with their meals (as we have experienced at every other hotel). The location of the hotel was great, on the end of the main strip so it was relatively quiet but a huge variety of bars and restaurants are 2 minutes away. We ate out many times and food the food was of top quality and was very cheap; we would recommend a self-catering stay.

1 Thank Carter-Page
Dear Carter-Page,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience with the Tripadvisor community. Your feedback is very much appreciated.
Our guests come to the Flora Palm Resort from all over the world and expect to have a comfortable and relaxing stay and this is our goal to provide. We are disappointed that you are one of those few guests who did not experience this.
Please know that we do take these comments very seriously and your feedback will help us improve in the future. Therefore, we will forward your concerns about the food and the staff to the responsible departments.
We hope that you enjoyed your stay despite the negative points you are mentioning and you will give us another opportunity to welcome you to our hotel again.