“Lovely Location Very Pleasant Hotel” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Flora Palm Resort

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Flora Palm Resort
Ranked #15 of 102 Hotels in Fethiye
Chelmsford, United Kingdom
“Lovely Location Very Pleasant Hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2014

Room C401 2nd june to 16th
We arrived in the evening and were given the above room (the hobbit room). It was in the attic and I am 6 feet 6 inches tall! I went to the toilet with my head tilted at an angle as well as going to bed the same way. the baloncy was accessed thru a door about 5 feet 6 inches high so again I had to duck but I had a lovely view out across the hotel pool and the town. My partner is only 5 feet tall so she struggled with the high wall on the patio but the view was worth it. Despite the slanted ceiling it was a room we enjoyed because the room was so big and spacious. The pool area was good and although it's not on the photos there is a little pool round the back that was quiet and that suited us. The large pool area was also acceptable but poolside toilets not the best but what can you expect. The all inclusive package suited us well. We're not grea drinkers but do like to have drink available and although Bacardi wasn't available they did us a cross between vodka/gin which gave a decent taste and the bar staff all very pleasant and cheerful. The food the first week was ok - let's face it we all know the price we paid so to feed and give us drink all day for about 8 pounds a day we do not expect al la carte but the second week they seemed to step up their game and we had more meat, and even roast Beef which we've never had in Turkey before so cannot fault the food (labelling would help but it was all very nice and it's worth trying everything) and we found the catering team lovely. Red and Spark and all the staff kept the tables constantly cleared and the twin girls were also very good and always smiling. There wasn't entertainment every night but when there was, it was enjoyable for a small hotel and very varied which was a surprise. The hotel is only a 5 minute walk up the road to the town centre with plenty of resturants, bars and clubs to keep you going to the early hours unfortunately following England in the bars was a let down because the owners were always cheering us on to buy drinks. On our experience during our stay i would recommend this hotel, but would it be the same in July and August, well that's up to you.

On our last day my partner had severe vomiting and diarrhoea and I went to reception and within 10 minutes the doctor was there he then said she had to go to hospital and again within 5 minutes the abulance was there, and we were taken to Fethiye hospital.

All the staff in the hospital were marvellous and very helpful and yes our insurance certificate was checked before any work undertaken. Once this was sorted she was on a drip straight away she spent 4 hours in there also being given antibiotics thru a drip. She was given the ok to leave about 6 pm, we then raced to the airport in a taxi which was not the most enjoyable as both of us did not feel at our best now taking into account that I had to return to the hotel to collect our luggage then go back to hospital then onto airport price of taxi £130 pounds as we just wanted to get home by then. We just about made check in by 5 minutes - I was not going to argue with the taxi price but did think we were taken advantage of. (Must confirm that the above experience had nothing to do with the hotel we believe the food down the beach was suspect)

I also went paragliding which i must say was a brilliant experience if you've got the balls to do it. It's something you will treasure for the rest of your life and the views were fantastic.

Room Tip: Don't get a room above the bar - C block was quieter and the top floor rooms were better still.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
AhmetARICAK, General Manager at Flora Palm Resort, responded to this review, 27 June 2014
Dear Phil, Fantastic you are !! Understanding and true Review.
Thank you verymuch to taking your valuable time to share your perfect holiday experience at flora palm resort.

Downstairs toiletshas been changed and decorated, We would love to see you again at our resort flora palm.

Ahmet Arıcak

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (154)
  • Turkish first
Warrington, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2014

I have been asked to rewrite my review as I referred to other people previously so I shall write this from my own personal point of view i believe the other seven people may review themselves.

The hotel is clean, the maids nice, the staff helpful, we had no problems with any of these things. The pool area however is very slippy and I saw a lot of people slipping about on the wet floor, there will be a serious accident at some point if it is not taken care of. I almost did the splits a couple of times myself. The pool area is kept clean and tidy and there are plenty of sun beds. Theres a water slide in the pool for kids. This is a good hotel for B and B as they dont do room only, the rooms are bright, clean but could do with a few more places to hang your clothes, the room we were in was small but nicely decorated.

My group had been delayed by 24 hours because of the flight, so we had already lost a day when we arrived, we got checked in quickly which was good as we were tired. The next day my daughter and I went to the bar, it was one minute to ten, we were told we could not have a coke, as the bar times were 10.00am till 11.00pm, the hotel had already had a day free from us, however they were very strict, the spirits were not nice and we all found them hard to drink so paid mainly for Effes when there, they write down when you buy a beer so they will have our slips to prove this, the beer was flat too and not one of the six of us could drink it. We hardly ate or drank at the hotel as the food was very poor, we had slimy spearmint pasta as an offering one evening and everything was stone cold, most things were hard to identify, and the staff didn't even know what they were when we asked them, my husband and myself watched the staff putting cold food into the warming station to heat it, we explained to the staff food needed to be hot before putting into the warmer, nothing was covered and flies buzzed all over the food, I and five others in my group could not venture far from a loo and our room for several days, I spoke to the hotel about the food and was advised the chef had been sacked and things would improve, we stopped taking ice in our drinks and stopped eating there. I did notice a bit of improvement in the food in the last couple of days, there was kebabs being cooked fresh during dinner one evening, and the salad bar improved, there was a bit of heat coming from the warming stations, we still chose to eat in town and stay away as it remained uncovered.

I had a room above the reception which was nice as it had the sun later on in the welt evening, the only downside was it was back to back with a Turkish woman and man who yelled at each other through the wall, it disturbed us in three rooms and in the early hours we were all stood out on the balcony to get away from it, we were told it was a child with a cold but unless she had a woman's voice and could change it to a mans to argue with herself they were mistaken. we had to get reception to intervene which they did, things improved until the night before we left, this night myself and daughter attended reception and asked to keep our room on, we were assured we did not need to as we had an evening flight, I was assured by the reception and and another staff member that this was correct, the next day the phone rang in my daughters room and the rude and aggressive manager shouted that we were to come to reception now and get out of our rooms, it seems the receptionist made a mistake, we were all made to pack up quickly as they needed the rooms for new guests, with some persuading we were allowed to keep one room on whilst seven of us got showered, it was pandemonium as we hadn't fully packed.

I wrote a previous review and because I told the truth about the food the manager came here called my family thieves, racists and accused us of rebottling drinks and selling them, he also stated we were uneducated, being a lawyer I can say I do have a modicum of intelligence, and am perfectly within my rights to write a review of this hotel as I found it, it is not four star, I dont come on holiday to watch TV so the extra channels were irrelevant, I paid for All Inclusive and although I wasn't expecting much, I thought we might be able to take an odd breakfast lunch or dinner there, I have read other reviews and the food seems to have been a problem for a long time, other people seem to be easily pleased with cold food and dont mind it being uncovered to flies, I personally could not stomach it. Its a real shame as if the food was sorted this really could be a good hotel, the staff work hard to keep it clean and tidy and to keep the guests happy

Room Tip: The rooms above the reception have the sun on the balcony later in the day, but its above the karaok...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Patricia W
AhmetARICAK, General Manager at Flora Palm Resort, responded to this review, 30 June 2014
Dear Jeffery, Fantastic you are !!
Thank you very much for taking time to share your real holiday experience during your stay at Flora palm Resort.

We are so glad you see how hard our staff work to rich everywhere to sort anyone is problem out. Charlie,Chocolate, Ozzy, Red, Spark, Smurf girls always being helpfull to make all guests is holiday unfırgetable.

We would Like to see you again thıs year at our resort flora palm. Lookıng forward to seeing you.

Easington, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2014

i was more than happy with this hotel, i stayed for 5 nites in a ground floor room (a block), there was more than enough room for my self and the 2 girls i stayed with for all our clothes and straightners etc which was perfect, and the rooms were clean.
the staff were friendly and i have had no issues with the food, i could always find something to eat.
the hotel was in a fab loctation with only a few mins walk to find lots of resturants shops and clubs without being in the think of it. I will be returning when i can in the future.
*only point to make i feel there could have beem more sun brolly's as gone early in the day*

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Stephanie R
Dear Stephanie, Wanderfull you are !!

Thank you for your taking the time to share your true holiday experience on Trip Advisor and we are so happy to hear that you enjoyed durıng yourstay with us.

We have more parasoles around the pool now, We would like to entertain you again at our resort again in future.

Liverpool, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2014

My husband & I have just returned from the flora palm. On arrival all seem great, we had a attick room which was fine apart from the balcony, I am 5ft 7 & could just see above it. Pool area nice but tiles around the pool very slippery accident waiting to happen I myself had a bad fall getting out of the pool. PLEASE be careful. Pool side toilets are a dissgrace, no showers available if you can't keep your room. Food we'll what can I say! I can't believe other reviews some people must be easly pleased, I will give anything a try, nothing is labled so you have no idea what you are eating & the fly's that was enough to put me off. Kept running out of English teabags & cups not good enough, I was told to drink coffee I don't drink coffee. The restaurant staff not very pleasant but all other staff very nice. Drinks are all local which we're fine but I had to pay for carton orange juice which is a soft drink, soft drinks are advertised as free not in this case. Would I recommrned this hotel NOT AS ALL INCLUSIVE. It is so cheap to eat & drink in the town. I would like to thank Charlie, Lerell, Eileen & Eddie for making this a great holiday. If I can be of any help to new customers please get intouch.

Room Tip: Attick room small but fine, all other rooms customers seemed happy with them.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
5 Thank eileen1186337
Dear Eileen, Thank you very much for spending time to share your travel experience on this page durring your stay at our hotel flora palm.

Pool area tiles are not very slipper if people dont put sun cream on their footpad and run on the wet floor. We have pool and water slide rules signs every where but some people dont look and sending invitation to accidents, We got your report about pool tiles and just incase we have ordered pool area carpets to cover all over the pool area.

Pool area toilets been rebuilt and decorated by Our Turkish bath ages ago, We did not want to put 4 or 5 shower cabins aound the pool same as 2-3 star hotels it does not looks nice in thıs modern resort, İf our guests ask us somewhere to have shower we offer them our 5 star spa center ( Turkish bath ) to have a shower thıs is a part of our 4 star hotel service.

Our food consept is dailly freshly cooked traditional Turkish food, Turkish kitchen is massive we have planty of hot and cold mezes on our buffet as a starter when some people have cold mezes to taste they thınk food is cold. Cold mezes been served cold since 800 years if Turkish people serve you any cold meze as a hot all world will laugh at us wont they !

This complex is located in a green forest which is surrounded by pine trees ofcourse Honey bees, Butterflys,dragonflys will fly around thıs is the natural life if butter flys fly pass fron of you we can not blame on buffet as flies on the food. There is no way for flies to touch to food all food been coverd with light lids plus if you seen there are 4 different type of black light fly stopper at the restaurant. We are all eating from our buffet aswell even Big boss included would you thınk we aet that food if there are flies all over the food !!

There is no chance to belive that tea bags or cups runs out all the time, There is a massive bar you should ask to one of the helpfull staff. İf you are tea drinker no one can push you to have a coffe, There are too many choices whıch is not other all inclusive hotels.

İf you had a chance to look at other reviews on trip advisor You can see how helpfull and how friendly staff they are . Taz the hotel owner, Charlie, Chocolate,Ozzy,Red, Spark can not do enough to keep everyone happy.

We would like to see you again at our resort flora palm in future.

Best Regard

Ahmet Aricak
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2014 via mobile

Arrived at hotel late at night to be told we couldn't get a drink because the all inclusive finished at11 (it was 11.30) we were a bit disappointed because we'd been travelling for the past 8 hours so we ended up putting our luggage in our room and heading into town. The location is great about a 10 minute walk into centre. We were put in a room above the bar and restaurant which was ok but after spending the first night there we found the room hadn't been cleaned and there were lots of wires and old plug sockets left on the floor. We reported it to the manager and within 15 minutes he sent housekeeping to clean our room and apologized to us (great service). We found the food good and ate there most days. All the staff were brilliant especially taz he listened to everything we had to say and was always asking us if were ok. Really enjoyed our holiday and would recommend flora palm to anyone.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Debra B
AhmetARICAK, General Manager at Flora Palm Resort, responded to this review, 25 June 2014
Dear Debra,
Thank you so much to spending your estimable time to share your Holiday experience on thıs page during your stay at the Flora palm resort.

All inclusive bar service start at 10:00 am till 23:00 pm for our all all inclusive guests. Thıs is the one of the rule of all inclusive accomidation consept.

We apologize about the housekeeping is missing, That was a small missing as any human could do. Generally our house keeping service is brilliant as you see on other comments.

Thank you so much to share your positive and real holiday experience on trip advisor. We would like to see you again at our cute resort Flora palm resort in future.

Wilberfoss, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014 via mobile

We stayed 10 nights from 7th June, we were given a ground floor room in C block which had a lovely pool view.
We only ate out twice while we were here, we had no problem with the food here we always found something we liked.
Most of the staff are really friendly with the exception of the waiting staff in the dining area they would try have your plate off the table before you had finished eating.
The only problem we had was some inconsiderate idiots that enjoyed waking us up at 4am we were relieved when they went however 2 days before we left we had a group arrive of more of them. In fairness to the staff when you complained they did try to get them to be quiet.
However i would come back to this hotel anyday and we hope to come back next year

• Stayed June 2014
2 Thank Gemma C
AhmetARICAK, General Manager at Flora Palm Resort, responded to this review, 20 June 2014
Dear Gemma,
We are so glad you have taken the time to share your true holiday experience review on This page During your staying at the Flora Palm Resort.

We have changed our food consept on your next holiday at flora palm resort you wont wanna go out for dinner, Our A la car'te restaurand will be open in a few weeks to gıve you more options.

We are sorry about that group waken you up early hours in the mornıng as you know sometımes people pass their alcohol limit on their holiday and they can not quess how loud they are . Our reception is open 24 hours for your any needs we are sure when you reported that noice to reception they have done somethıng to keep them quiet but you can not help it sometımes. Next day when they sober they apoligise.

We are so glad to hear you are enjoyed at flora palm resort. Hope to see you soon again.

Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014

well I was wairy to stay here because I didn't no the hotel, im so glad I did, great hotel I loved it so did all my friends and family, great location, great rooms great hotel lovley friendly staff, nothink at all to moan about, like a little family village everone talks to everyone, loved every minuite, Charlie chocolate and ozzy are lovley, taz is ok lol, x (mates rates) his family are lovley, I loved it, and will return, year after year with my ever growing family xxx

Room Tip: any room, x
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank lisalowndes123
Dear Lİsa, Fantastic you are !
Thanks a lot to sharing your true Holiday experience during your staying at flora palm resort. As we say visit us as a guest leave us as a friend. On your first day you werent sure about hotel because you didnt know anythıng about us now you are in our familly like other familly members.

We are so glad to meeting you , We are not saying hope to see you again besause we will def. see you as You already book your holıday thıs year at flora palm resort. Our team members, Taz, charlie,ozzy,Chocolate and others looking forward to seeing you again.