Oykun Hotel
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Delta Hotel(Fethiye)(Great Value!)
US$83
US$68
US$93
Orbitz.com
All reviewsturkish bathold blockcalis beachnext yearturkeynothing is too much troubleevery other daywater taxibars and restaurantsgreat holidayair cona family run hotelbed and breakfastvery clean hotelkept spotlessly cleanbedding and towelslovely hotel
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 6 May 2013

We have just got back from our 5th visit to Oykun and it was as brilliant as ever! the staff were every bit as helpful and welcoming as ever.
I would recomend this hotel to any family or couple looking for a relaxed stay in a Hotel you will be made to feel at home and if you have never been to Calis it is a stunning resort.
If you were considering trying the Oykun, do it, if you are like the rest of us you will want to come back every year.....Absolute gem!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank johnny h
Reviewed 12 March 2013

I've previously written a review of this hotel. We go there every year, and we do love it. But when I read the review from Tony in the Midlands, I had to agree with his comments about the bingo nights and the Sunday roast with Bisto gravy (mmmmm). I know it's actually a lovely thing that the staff at the hotel think they're embracing British culture by providing British food, and British traditions etc, but not everyone goes abroad to eat English food! Everywhere you go in Calis it's chips with everything, it's fish and chips or egg and chips or whatever, and then, at the hotel, it's Sunday roast with Bisto gravy. No thanks! I'd like to try traditional, local food. Evenings at the hotel could incorporate some local live music, for instance. Just something a bit different from the usual routine. I suppose, when you've visited a place on many occasions, you do notice these routines, and we don't spend our evenings in the hotel for this reason. The prices for the evening meals are very good, but we never stay for them, because it's fish and chips or steak and chips, or Sunday roast. We go out in search of more interesting options. I think this is the only thing I could criticise this hotel for (well, apart from the breakfast buffet which I've mentioned previously, also gets a little boring after a while). Aside from this, the hotel is brilliant, the staff are friendly and can't do enough for you, and it's a home from home for us now. The evening entertainment just needs a bit of a revamp. We're lucky that we can go out in the evening, but if we had mobility problems, and had to stay there, I think I'd be sat in my room watching films on a tablet rather than sitting at the bar playing bingo.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank CarolMurphy2308
Reviewed 31 January 2013

If you have ever been in doubt about going to Turkey, then book the Oykun Hotel.
You will experience Turkish hospitality at its best. This family run hotel is a hit, from the time you pull up (by the way they will even arrange Airport pick-up, so you don't waste time dropping into a number of hotels on the way.
You will be greeted by some of the family and staff, who are immaculate. A warm welcome and transfer of your luggage makes a smooth arrival.
The friendliness of the staff gives a great atmosphere and you will find you will soon be talking with other guests.
If you need any help or have any queries then Goldie at reception will always be on hand to assist.
The rooms bedding and towels are clean, restaurant gives a multitude of choices for meals. Two pools and two kiddies pools, which are kept spotless.
The area has lots to offer day and night, walking around at night has never been a problem.
The area is flat so anyone a bit unsteady will find it easy.
There are six of us returning for our fourth time, so we highly recommend Oykun to you.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with friends
6  Thank TCSChandlery
Reviewed 31 January 2013

Stayed at the Oykun Hotel which is just off the main 'front area' of Calis Beach last June (2012) Booked a two week stay through Thomsons after reading glowing reviews on here. I have to agree with most of them, the room was spotless, and the staff on the cleaning side work very hard indeed. Goldie - on reception is excellent to everyone, ant little problem reported to her was sorted straight away. She is very efficient and was so friendly. Met you on the steps off the coach and was there to give you a hug and kiss on departure.

Breakfast was the best I have had in Turkey...everything you can think of from meats, cheeses, fresh fruit, Nescafe coffee, cereals, eggs, omelets, cakes, biscuits etc etc) The fresh bread is superb too!

Fully recommend the hotel but want to make a few points which could be sorted by management, that are:

1. Towels on Sun loungers before Breakfast! We Brits are getting like the Germans used to be like at 'bagging' our sun loungers before 6.30am! This is just not fair. The main culprits are the over 55's (and yes we are in the same age range!) It was always a standing joke about the Germans, but we are worse at it now! STOP IT it is nothing more than selfish and downright ignorant.

2. The bar in the evening had about as much atmosphere as on the moon! It was dark, no music (and no I didn't want disco type loudness, but a little background would have been nice)

3 Some of the staff especially at Breakfast looked like they hated everything and everyone! A smile would not hurt really, come on look happy!

4. Price of the cocktails served in shot glasses at 12TL each is a little much! 8 to 10TL elsewhere was the norm and larger cocktails too!

5. Stop the Bingo nights and Sunday Roast with Bisto gravy! If I wanted that I would go to a Blackpool guest house. We come to Turkey for the excellent tasting food you serve, we can get Fish and Chips and Beef with gravy anywhere over in the UK..!

The average age of client here is 60, so I suppose the hotel think that is what 'we' want. It would be worth asking as most people we spoke to were in the same thinking of us.

Calis (or Chalish as it is pronounced) is a great place to stay, many bars and restaurants both on the seafront and on the main street running away from the front. You could stay there for two months and eat somewhere different each night. Prices too are generally very good. There is so much to do in and around Calis and Fethiye. There are some good boat trips to go on too. Gocek is a lovely place with a market on Sunday, smaller that the Fethiye market on Tuesdays.

Cinar (Sycamore) Bar on the front near (turn right from the main street and keep walking a fair way - it's next to Hotel Ceren and just before the road goes off the front to the right) It is the best bar you will find. It is run by a newly married couple Lee and Micka (Lee is Turkish and Micka is from Albania) They are superb and will make you feel special, you will have a fab night there - promise!

Thanks for a lovely holiday, just needs some changes to make it EXCEPTIONAL!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank TonyMidlandsUK
Reviewed 24 November 2012 via mobile

Obviously you have to take into account this is a 3 star Thompson holiday hotel. So I am not giving it a 5 star review because it is the best hotel in the world. But the reasons I am giving its 5star review is because everything the hotel promise, they deliver! Hotel facilities are brilliant, rooms are clean, service is excellent and friendly,it's overall a really nice place to stay and without doubt will be coming back again! See you soon! :-)

• Stayed: July 2012