“Didn't want to leave!”

and 1 more site!
Oykun Hotel
Ranked #9 of 102 Hotels in Fethiye
Reviewed 20 August 2010

This was the first time to Turkey for both me and my boyfriend...and we absolutely loved it! We both agreed that it was the Oykun Hotel that made the holiday special. All the staff are really friendly and will always help you if they can. Its a small hotel which is so nice as you get to know both the staff and the people staying at the hotel. Everywhere is spotless and well looked after. The rooms are basic but as I said they are very very clean. The food is also really nice although we were half board when we went but ate out quite a lot so I would probably just get breakfast next time. There is a turkish night every Friday which is great fun as there are some brilliant dancers...who then get you up dancing aswell which is very amusing! They also have a quiz night which is difficult but fun. The hotel is in the perfect location as its a minutes walk from the main strip and the beach but is far enough away that you can't hear a thing. All in all I could not fault the hotel and there is no doubt we will be booking very soon to go again next year! Thanks Oykun for such an unforgettable holiday!

2  Thank bobbieelane

Reviewed 19 August 2010

My husband and I have just returned from staying at the Oykun Hotel in Calis Beach. It was recommended by friends. For the price we paid it was fantastic. The staff are very friendly and there is nothing too much trouble. The pool was spotless, plenty of sun beds and umberella's. The room was cleaned daily and the linen changed every other day. The air conditioning was a god send as it was very hot while we were there. The reception desk was covered 24/7, Goldie the receptionist during the stay was lovely, very helpful and always had a smile on her face. The bar on an evening was good, Freddie and Veli very friendly. 5 mins walk to a shingle beach, which I suppose was the only down side but we are not beach lovers so it did not make any difference to our holiday. We were spoilt for choice eating wise as there are lot of very good quality restaurants on the front. Did not find the Turkish restaurant owners a hassle like we had read on some reports, no different from anywhere else, asking if you want to eat in their restaurant. A must for a trip is the Mud Baths, very good value for money, full day trip which costs us £14 each which included lunch. We booked this on the front beside the beach. A very lovely Holiday and we will definately go back. Lorraine & Malcolm, Wakefield

Reviewed 16 August 2010

just come back from two wks of sheer enjoyment.i can only repeat what others have said in their reports.Hotel and the staff were excellent,everywhere was clean and tidy.My only gripe would be that the towels have seen better days!Only did b-b because we like eating out and trying things.There are plenty of places to eat within 5 mins walk,we never had a bad meal at all.you must visit the fish/meat market in Fethiye,its so bazaar!!!!.Had a great time picking our stuff then taking it to a restaurant to cook it for us for 5lire pp.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 August 2010

You know when you are strolling around on holiday and you pass a hotel that you say to your partner 'you know, I wouldn't mind staying there!' Well it finally happened. I have been reading the comments about Oykun Hotel since I booked the holiday in December 2009. I certainly wasn't disappointed!
First I feel all credit goes to the standard and performance of the room service as it was second to none, the girl was friendly charming and very efficient. Second goes to the hard working staff behind the scenes, the maintenance, the groundsman and the staff that seem to appear when you need a sunbed or something else has happened that gives you the impression that nothing is too much trouble. The front of house staff like Goldie, Freddie and co get enough praise on this forum for the good work they do so it is good to praise the 'backroom staff'.
I was looking forward to a Turkish bath upon arrival and boy was it good! Felt like royalty after-wards. I agree on the previous comments about the quality of the breakfasts; they were very good and filling. I never dined at night as I believe in visiting various restaurants to gauge the standards but the occasional lunch was of a good standard.
The bar service was good although I felt, at risk of being pilloried, that Freddie and Veli could blow hot and cold and prone to moods but aren't we all! The location of the hotel was another exceptional plus. 5 mins walk to all the shops and the Prom and there you had a choice of dozens of restaurants.
I read with interest the views that some visitors have as regards the age groups but although the first week it was mainly couples in the late forties upwards the second week saw the appearance of many families with small children and this was reflected that on week one there was no need to place a towel on your bed but on week two you had to.
Would I go back? Yes, but not every year!

2  Thank swintonblue
Reviewed 31 July 2010

My wife and I spent 4 fantastic weeks at the Oykun Hotel. We had 4 extra rooms for friends and family and everyone was delighted with the high standards on offer at this hotel.
The buffet breakfast on offer is suitable for all tastes.
Every member of staff is committed to ensuring each guest has a wonderful experience of their hotel. Attention to detail, from laying out of towels in a decorative fashion to keeping in touch via email, is the norm.
I came down from my room in the early hours and saw the night staff giving the poolside areas a complete clean with hosepipe and squeegee. They reflect the desire to make your stay an enjoyable one.
It is obvious, from seeing the same staff members present each year and the same guests returning to enjoy the Oykun Hotel's hospitality, that this is a very special hotel from which to enjoy the remarkable resort of Calis.
We are a little biased regarding Calis as this is our 28th year of holidaying in Fethiye and Calis,---Enjoy.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank brianbern33
Reviewed 31 July 2010

Just had to write a review, this is my second time to Hotel and this year i booked independently which was made very easy by communication by hotel who also arranged collection from Airport in there own Mercedes people carrier (air-conditioned). Hotel is excellent with 2 pools, with plenty of sunbeds and shades. Even beds available at 10 in the morning. Pool area washed down every night (which amazed us) Food at breakfast plenty to choose from with good variety. Rooms cleaned daily and change of bedding and towel every other day. We had a problem in our room which we mention to Goldine on reception and it was sorted very quickly. We arranged a boat trip through the Hotel via Goldie and all i can say is 'its a must trip to do on your holiday' it cost us £18 each with drinks and food for all day from 9.30-5.30 excellent day, will not say to much what we done as it will spoil it for you.
Staff in hotel are lovely and make you feel very welcome. Freddy and Veli in bar... you never know what is going to happen with them two. Murat, Veysel,Tolga, Mehmet in the restaurant. Faruk and Ferhat Night reception.
Places to eat in Calis, which are excellent value. Eating out most night for £40 for 4 of us with drinks. Geoges, Bella Mamas, Orient Express, Lily's Bar, all on the front Mangles, in the main high street. All of these are excellent value and very welcoming.
Just a lovely area to stay and will certainly be back again next year.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank Loopy912
Reviewed 31 July 2010

had a great week at the oyken very nice hotel staff great nothings a problem to them.
very central for everything .booked for next year

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple