Golden Moon Hotel
US$318
US$206
HotelsClick
  • Breakfast included
All reviewscalis beachnext yearturkeyyear after yeargreat holidayrooms cleaned dailyair conother hotelslovely little hotelthe ground floormet some great peopletwo week holidayloved this hotelbar stafffamily runturkish breakfastrestaurants and shops
Reviewed 8 November 2011

Short and sweet, an average, clean and simple hotel, that ticks most of the basic boxes.

Only a few minutes walk from the sea front with its plethora of cafes, bars and restaurants, and everyone seems friendly enough.

Give the water-taxi a try on market day to bag a bargain or two, but be ready for the onslaught of traders all wanting to sell you there wares in an enthusiastic, and jovial manner!

Room Tip: Pool view rooms are a little quieter with a much nicer view!
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends
3  Thank pecanedy
Reviewed 2 September 2011

superb hotel,staff all very helpful,food very good,pool excellent .stayed in a promo room good size,but at top of hotel and no lift so beware if elderly,no prob for us though.had a great holiday and would defo go back

4  Thank ste1875
Reviewed 29 August 2011

My first holiday in Turkey, but not my last.

Golden Moon Hotel is small, but beautifully presented and maintained. I booked through Travel Republic and avoided the promo room following comments on here.

Large twin bedroom with free air conditioning was a blessing. Bedroom cleaned every day, with fresh towels and bedding. The TV had plenty of english channels (Fox Movies & Cartoon Network kept my 13yo happy).

The gardens are well laid out with plenty of sun beds and a lovely pool.

I found the bar staff very warm and genuinely friendly, and never had any problems paying for drinks as I went.

My son dislocated his knee at the begining of our second week and the hotel staff were superb - visiting us at the hospital, then helping to carry him up to our room. They provided a DVD player and disks free of charge to keep my son entertained, offered to change our room to a ground floor one, and set up barricades and foot rests for my son when he eventually managed to get out for a meal.

We had no problems taking food and drinks to our room - my son wanted chinese food while he was bedridden so I asked the manager if I could bring a takeaway to his room "No problem" - they even gave me plates and cutlery.

4 days of room service only came to 125TL (£50) - the bills were in a wallet when I asked to settle my account on the last day, including the bar bills and snacks etc.

This hotel is ideally located, 2 minutes from the beach, bars restaurants etc. Boat ferry 5TL to Fethiye, Dolmus every few minutes 1.5TL.

I'll be back...

5  Thank yorksAl
Reviewed 22 August 2011

Everything is all ready written in other good reviews. One note if you are a large group with kids. Check with the hotel the day you are traveling. Ask them what they have set aside for you. We had a family of 6 in one room and could not be moved. The staff went out of there way to make sure we were all looked after. I must say Hamza and his brother lead the way. Hope to see them again next year. Missed the staff getting in the swimming pool and setting up pool games in the afternoon. We went as a group of 11. Hoping to take more of us next year.

Reviewed 17 August 2011

Very clean and tidy little hotel, pool clean, staff fantastic, rooms a little basic but clean and tidy. 2 minutes from beach and 1 minute from main street. Calis is a small but friendly resort. i would have no problem in recommending this hotel.

1  Thank seand81