“I cannot praise this hotel enough!”
Review of Golden Moon Hotel

Golden Moon Hotel
Ranked #7 of 96 Fethiye B&B and Inns
Reviewed 30 January 2013

I have been visiting this hotel on different occasions over the last 6 years and I can honestly say i am never diappointed. The hotel and staff are fantastic and make you feel most welcome. The rooms are a little basic but they are perfectly suitable and the majority I have stayed in have a lovely view, even if not the sea, the river is a nice view to wake up to. The breakfast is standard Turkish breakfast (meat, bread and eggs) but it is all fresh and nice for a little morning snack. The food that is served in both the bar and restaurant of the Golden Moon is outstanding (Specifically the chicken kiev) I have tasted many of the evening dishes and they are all wonderful and there is plenty of it. As i said, I cannot praise it enough! Cant wait to visit again this summer.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank Mands88

Reviewed 10 November 2012

We stayed at this hotel on 15th june 2012 for my sisters 50th birthday, prior to arriving i rung the hotel and asked them if they could order me a cake for my sister, we were arriving at midnight so my expectations were...i hope they understood what i wanted ? On our arrival at midnight we were given a lovely welcome, the lovely young girl on reception had done a banner over the bar with happy birthay on and balloons!!!! they then brought the cake out with candles and we all sang to my sister....they made it so special, i would never have got that in spain ! The hotel is one st bk from the beach so it was lovely to have the choice. the pool at the hotel was very clean and the gardener works very hard every day to keep standards high...the rooms are basic but very clean and no extra charge for air con, which we needed in june. The breakfast is turkish buffet, lots of fresh bread cheeses, cereals, hams, fruit, eggs, omelette, cakes, a real change from usual english crap, you can buy lunch or dinner at the hotel which we thought was very reasonable price the cook made wonderfull food..Because it is a small hotel 30 rooms, we got to know nearly everyone there making some lovely friends that were retired and choose this hotel 3 times a year !!! because it is such a friendly hotel all round...lots of shops and cafes literaly 200yards away on the main st, but quiet enough to not hear noise,,Please go to the boats and book with them on the bridge as they own a co-operative on the boats and it means everyone who works the boats get a share of the takings that day, ask if you can book on boraks boat !! we went with him and his wife fatima and son, we went out with them twice and went on a lovely boat trip where boraks wife made turkish food for 11 of us, it was out of this world food, she was amazing, hence we went twice as it was so hot, the boat journey gave us a great tan ! as it was too hot to lay in it, the second boat trip we had sea bream barbequed on boat, to die for..we had so much fun on boraks boat, we cant wait to return,..they are the loveliest friendliest people are the turkish, Dont leave without visiting the fethiye market, bargains galore and a must to see how big it is, go on taxi boat its about 3pound english accross the bay welcome breeze lol,,you will def love this hotel if you like small but good company and not rowdy,,well done golden moon you made our holiday wonderfull.

Room Tip: all rooms are quiet, if u want a pool view you need to bk
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank RYTONCANDJ
Reviewed 22 October 2012 via mobile

We stayed here with friends for 2 weeks. The rooms were cleaned every day with fresh bedding n towels, the maids were always smiling and cheerful!
The rest of the staff were very helpful and nothing was too much trouble for them, always happy to help. We really enjoyed our stay there and decided to re book to stay there again next year. Then the real test of the hotel staff came......... On our last day my fiancé was rushed into hospital with what became a life threatening illness. I can not praise the staff and owners enough for all their care, support and help. The rest of our party returned to the UK which left me alone to travel to and from the hospital on a daily basis, the staff were wonderful and assured me I could stay thee as long as I needed. The owners even said that if the hotel became full I could stay at their home, what a caring gesture!
When my fiancé was discharged after major surgery, he had to recoup at the hotel for a week before being transfers to a UK hospital. Everyone was so caring and went out of their way to make everything perfect for us. Alkham even brought a shawl to make sure he was warm whilst having his evening meal.
We are returning to Calis next year to get married and will defiantly be staying at The Golden Moon Hotel.
What a wonderful place to stay!!!!!!

• Stayed: September 2012
5  Thank Marie M
Reviewed 17 October 2012

we loved our stay at the golden moon rooms cleaned daily breakfast was plentiful right near the beach and shops restaurants and bars weather was lovely and warm in october we stayed at the hotel with our friends who married in turkey which was magical i would stay here again but would bring a travel kettle missed my cups of coffee ,

Room Tip: pool and sea view room with a balcony
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank karen w
Reviewed 9 October 2012

This hotel has basic rooms and breakfast, with the occasional hot item such as pancakes,omlette,boil egg etc. Lovely staff and pool area. Apart from losing my passport for an hour on the last day and his laid back attitude to it, like i had lost it!!! I would recommend this hotel for a no frills value hotel. Only minus was our loft room had a carpet which was had some stains on it, I would have preferred a tiled room, maybe a update is needed to some of the rooms

Room Tip: If in a promo room you have no balcony so if you want one make sure its not this type of room
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank Andrewuk_7
Reviewed 3 October 2012

We have just come back from Turkey had a fab holiday the hotel was excellent food brill location just right, staff very helpful and lovely couldn't of asked for more, liked it that much would go back.
Just 3- 4 mins from beach getting the dolmich ie bus service 2 mins away, boat taxi across to Fethiye town 3 mins nice relaxing boat ride across enjoyable so much more to see and do

Room Tip: if you happen to get the top floor there is no lift and no balcony or window so not good for anyone...
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 October 2012

stayed here end of August, the location is excellent 2 minutes away from beach, rooms are very clean and a good size ! cleaned everyday. good choice at breakfast , omelets, pancakes, toast boiled eggs, melon tea coffee fruit juice etc. bar prices reasonable too! nice garden and play area for children, and pool area very clean! communications with reception staff quite difficult but overall excellent value!!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple