“Great value for money”

Ranked #49 of 92 Fethiye B&B and Inns
Lymm, United Kingdom
“Great value for money”
Reviewed 29 May 2013

Just got back from a 17 day holiday, wish we were still there. Room on ground floor very big so was bathroom,basic but it did have a tv and phone. Staff very helpful especially Levent who went above and beyond to make our stay pleasent and memorable nothing was too much trouble. Maids were lovely cleaned room everyday. Ideally situated very close to town but quiet, food excellent .

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank susan c

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
  • Turkish first
United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 May 2013 via mobile

I have stayed in this hotel twice now. They also allow Turks to stay unlike some other hotels which is a bonus. First time in 2008 I was there I was b&b room very basic but clean. Only needed it as a base really. The breakfast was a Turkish breakfast with meats, cheese etc but you can buy an English breakfast for extra cost. 2nd time I stayed there I booked SC apartment as I had a baby with me. Wish I hadn't as they are all 2nd floor. Not good trying to get pushchair up them. I asked to be moved and was moved to a ground floor family room next door to reception. It was a large room and again clean as always. The cleaners and reception staff are very friendly. Only thing I would not do it eat there again unless included in price as there is no price on menu and was shocked at the price of a bread kebab-20tl when they are only 6tl in resort. After that I always ate out in one of the resort restaurants as much cheaper. Would stay here again though buy maybe when my child is older so that won't need pushchair to get up steps to apartment/rooms.

• Stayed September 2012
2 Thank Sam00180
Isle of Man, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 April 2013

When we landed in Dalaman we were told our hotel was closed for refurbishment and they had placed us in one with excatly the same star rating just a bit further down the strip.

Both young and intended as a girly holiday we knew how to respect rooms, and levels of noise so we didn't disturb or hinder anyone else's stay.

The hotel definitely needs a refurb urgently, rooms are very basic and need a bit of decor. No mirrors and one wardrobe between two. But we just seen it as a place to kip and was hoping not to spend much time here.

Shower was a joke, we had come back from a day out to see water seeping from under the bathroom door, when our neigbours used their shower it caused water to rise in ours, and the same when we used ours.

Jengar the guy on reception passed his email onto myself and asked me to email him my wherabouts later, which I obviously didn't do. That evening and early morning we recieved calls on our phone in the room, and when we answered they cut it off. At 3am I went to the reception and asked what was going on, to be told they were having some issues with their local provider and it wasn't just happening to us. The next day by the pool I went around and ask people if they had experienced the same, and funny enough it was just us. I was absolutely tamping.

We were treated very differently because we didn't spend much money in the hotel we chose to eat out and at different restaurants and we are glad we did. Because we were not spending money there, we were just frowned upon and not welcomed or appreciated at all.

We spent a few days by the pool, where water was continuously chucked over myself and my friend and ice, which for the first time is funny but it becomes too much. I was fully clothed for a night out, when I was pushed into the pool, with my bag ruining my iphone camera and lira. I was told I would be refunded and given money for the damage. they offered me 40 lira at the end of my stay which wouldn't fix or replace any. By this time I was ready for home.

When leaving the hotel we were asked to leave our keys at reception until our return but we trusted no one and kept our keys with us at all times.

Hisoranu is a lovely place, and we have returned at stayed at Pine Hills, which has the same rating as the Carmina, but it is literally no cfomparison...

I would avoid at all costs

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends
4 Thank Abbie P

Travellers are raving about these Fethiye hotels

Nottingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 April 2013

The Carmina Hotel has good family rooms. The swimming pool is large and plenty of sundbeds for everyone. Great friendly staff and good food. The location of this hotel is ideal
for the bars and restaurants of Hisaronu.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
doncaster
Reviewed 15 March 2013 via mobile

I've stayed at the carmina on 4 separate holidays and just love it cheap cheerful and clean its central for the village so no dolmas or taxi rides to and from being close to the village but without all the noise the rooms are clean but basic the staff are friendly and helpful my only complaint was last year we arrived to find the hotel was full so they gave us the cellar rooms not nice but they did move us at lunch time to another room which was much better they have wifi but doesn't work in the far blocks so you need to be near the reception to use it overall I will be staying here again it is what it is a cheap central hotel but well worth the stay

Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank trotteruk
Nottingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 January 2013

Excellent value for money, stayed last july and going back to same hotel again!! Staff great, no hassling like some hotels. Rooms basic but with everything you need and very clean. Central location. Bar menu very reasonably priced. Room had tv with a few channels on which not many hotels have.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank Gill S
essex
Reviewed 20 October 2012 via mobile

Here now by the pool. This hotel is great value but dont be fooled. Its deffo not for all you four star all inclusive people. Its so cheap to stay here but would have a cheek to moan about it. Cause we are talking totally basic. A bed. A shower clean towels and rooms. Poolside service if wanted . This is our second time here and deffo will be back next year. On a really tight budget then this is the place :-D...... Yvette and dean Southend on sea x

• Stayed October 2012
3 Thank yvettebaines
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fethiye
Tolay Hotel
#77 of 102 in Oludeniz
Royal Park Artemisia Club
Royal Park Artemisia Club
#96 of 102 in Oludeniz

Been to Carmina Hotel? Share your experiences!