“Worst play to stay ”
Review of Carmina Hotel

Carmina Hotel
Ranked #58 of 97 Fethiye B&B and Inns
Reviewed 31 May 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for a week in April and have to say yes it was cheap and totally awful!!! Annoying staff who don't leave you alone, the one in particular......if you was to take your daughter along with you to this hotel, put it this way I wouldn't take my eyes off her!! Room was meant to be self catering with kettle ect but all we had was a fridge no plates no cutlery no glasses. Food is the same every night more or less and you always have company along with your dinner as they let all the stray cats in, I myself don't mind cats but not whilst I'm eating dinner, who knows what they are carrying! All this hotel is interested in is your money. Wouldn't recommend this hotel to my worst nightmare.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Imogenw78

Reviewed 27 May 2014

I was travelling with four other girls aged 19-22 and wouldn't recommend this hotel to my worst enemy. Unsafe is a very appropriate way to describe the hotel, the reception man invited himself into both of our rooms across 3 occasions upon arrival; reason being the door didn't lock and anyone could have entered. Upon arrival the name of the hotel was written on a chalkboard outside and the place seemed very eerie and unsafe on first glance. Inside the rooms one shower didn't work, there was mould on the floors of the bedroom, the fridge stunk like a dead animal! We immediately phoned our provider from huddling in one room together to feel the slightest bit safer! Additionally the "safe box" we requested was located in the reception of the hotel in which the dodgy reception man held one key and we held the other! We thought we would give breakfast a chance to find a few baskets of food (cucumber tomatoes and bread) absolutely covered in flies! We immediately collected our suitcases and found a better hotel. On top of this the hotel (Carmina) - although we stayed there for no more than 4-5 hours refused to refund us and we had to use spending money to accommodate ourselves for the rest of the week in the Pine Valley Hotel (which I would like to add was perfect and I couldn't fault it for anything). DO NOT STAY AT THIS HOTEL!

Room Tip: Do not go.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
7  Thank Zhib2014
Reviewed 23 May 2014

We stayed at Carmina from 15 April 2014 for 2 weeks. We arrived quite late at night in the hotel. It was back at the bottom of a small road. At first sight, we thought we come to a dead end hotel. Reception man, Mr.Jenghis Khan checked us in pretty quick and showed us to 2 large family rooms. As I was with my 3 kids aged 14, 18 and 21, I felt we really didn't require 2 rooms. The rooms were in good need of refurbishment especially the kitchen and the bathroom area. Next day, After traditional Turkish breakfast, I was greeted well and made welcome by hotel manager Ferhat. I told him that we wasn't requiring 2 rooms and we were going to be out and about, it was a waste really. He told us "tomorrow, you can move downstairs in a brand new fitted out family room". This was very large indeed and very nice. Plenty of sleeping area, large walk in shower/bathroom and modern kitchen. At night it was cold and we couldn't warm up, so we paid for air con, which again, was given to us at a bargain rate. All staff were very welcoming, they couldn't do enough for you. The meals were good enough, in fact plentiful and served in larger proportions, which we really struggled to finish off each time, so we asked if they could make smaller portions. The area was beautiful and all shops, bars, pubs and 2 supermarkets were only 5 min walk away. We booked some excursions through the hotel and they were very cheap, including paragliding which my kids had done, and thoroughly recommend this most amazing experience of a lifetime. Shops were round corner and we weren't given any hassle at all.
Fethiye was very nice, everything pretty much at Turkish prices and not aimed at tourist prices. Eating out was very cheap also. As the kids wouldn't wake up to Turkish breakfast, (egg, cucumber, salami, feta and cheddar cheese, and tomatoes with crusty baton/bread) they would eat out every afternoon a large freshly made Turkish Donner with a huge choice of fillings which was like 3 lira (£1.50) who couldn't resist this and it was very filling indeed!
The staff treated all working staff so well and they all ate same as we ate. The cleaning ladies did a good job too and worked long hard hours and were ever so nice and friendly.
As we were the first guests there, the hotel only opened the day we got there, so we were seen to without any hesitation. They couldn't do enough for ya!
The swimming pool was petty good sized and very clean, although water was cold, but day temp reached a good 30c whilst we were there.
Jimmy, was very chatty and the sort of person who would ask "where is your husband" and couldn't get away from you. We found him to be quite intimidating, right in your face and his comments became quite offensive, as he thought he was joking, but we found his behavior inappropriate, on many occasions. People who come on a holiday work extra hard, long hours and save for a long time before they could venture out on a holiday. The last thing you want is someone so nosy in your affairs, or as we witnessed it all times, him going up to female customers while they were sunbathing quietly, unaware that he would hide behind a chair and stick a twig at back of your ear to tickle you. None of us found it funny, in fact you couldn't relax thinking he could be hiding while you were having a snooze.
All in all, we made it clear, we were here for a break, and if he don't mind, to leave us alone, as my daughters thought he was a very pervy sort of man who would chat all women up! I would recommend this hotel as it was our first time in Hisaronu and we very central to all local shops etc. It is safe out an about too.
The exchange shop is around the corner too and take English money with you as the rate is much better there than taking money from UK.
JD up road was fabulous and we got so many things at discounted prices as well as having a laugh with the lad called "Hakaan" who runs this shop. He was ever so polite as were other shop/business keepers there, they were all so helpful. This is the most beautiful of places I've visited as was Oludeniz beach, which was almost deserted and the most heavenly white clear sand and blue sky and not forgetting the scenery was just to die for. Going back in over four weeks time with hubby same place!
Thank to all at Carmina for making our stay very welcome as they all played pool with my son and involved him all time never having time to get bored!
I find people have own opinions, but if they could politely ask they will get seen to straight away, but then, you do get some people that want all round perfections and not to forget a very cheap hotel package, you get what you pay for, if you are looking at luxurious, then look at ones where you would pay £40, £70+ a night in a Ritz or Hilton top nosh then you would have nowt to moan about. We didn't go round looking for faults, moulds, but on a holiday. Ignore other peoples moans as some tend to be like this generally, who can't be satisfied regardless of how well it actually is.

Room Tip: Ground floor rooms are family rooms, but still very quiet and not too noisy. If you cant go upstairs...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
5  Thank yazz39
Reviewed 16 May 2014

We stayed from 4th May for 11 nights, very impressed, staff are lovely, just love the place.
The hotel was very friendly, staff & customers, loads of people had been there before, we rate it,
would definitely go back. Loved the Turkish breakfast every day, cant beat fresh salad, don't get it at home. Overall excellent.

Room Tip: There are quite a few room options to choose from, all depends what you want, a good selection. We h...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank chooosy2014
Reviewed 6 May 2014

I went there and was gutted to be honest as always had a nice hotel but I thought this hotel was disgusting. The room was full of mould you see in the room and bathroom I felt sick. It just felt grotty. We immediately complained and was moved to another room which was better as no visual mould but you could still smell mould very strong. Also the ceiling was crumbling paint over one of the beds. We found a slug In the shower one day too. The outside area had a nice pool but I didn't use it as outside there was also a strong stench of mould. Unless it was cat urine as there were cats running around. The breakfast area was not at all clean around the plates. the machines used for drinks. It was dirty. The staff was okay but seemed really rough people. This is the first hotel in Turkey I was unhappy with and would never go back. The only good thing was the location as it was around the back of the shops and bars but I wouldn't recommend this place

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank laura g
Reviewed 23 March 2014

Great hotel lovely staff great bar near to all bars and restaurants well worth your money late night bar too staff are very helpful too can't wait to see them all again it will be are third time this year

• Stayed: October 2013
4  Thank Rachel M
Reviewed 27 October 2013 via mobile

We stayed for one week.Have stayed in the hisaronu and ovacik area many times.We always stay 2 star and are aware you get what you pay for.we can honestly say, have never stayed in such an awful place.We arrived 4.30 am.Stayed self catering we only had a sheet on the bed which was torn and thread bare.We were freezing.The next morning tried to make a cuppa ,no mugs no glassess no kettle.At reception we asked for glasses ,mugs and blankets.Eventualy after asking all day we were given an old raggy blanket.The cleaner was seen cleaning room next door,she then knocked on our door with two filthy glasses from the next doors room.I refused them and we did finally get two glassess and mugs from the bar.We had to use a saucepan to boil water.We were unable to stand on the tiny balcony let alone get a chair out there.On our second night a large party arrived.One bloke in particular used foul language all week even in front of his small children.One night the music went on at the bar until 06.30am several people complained.I cant understand why people come back here year after year.The hotel is in a good location,there are some great places to eat.I would go back to hisaronu but not this hotel.One day we were so fed up with the noise and language at the pool we went to the Native hotel and used there pool, it was so much quieter and cleaner.We still think HIsaronu is good value,there are some lovely places to see.Next time we'll be more careful in where we book.

• Stayed: October 2013