“total wipeout” 1 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #47 of 94 Fethiye B&B and Inns
Northwich, United Kingdom
“total wipeout”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 December 2010

we stayed at the carmina in sept,wot can i say,we had top floor appartment up 31 steps,dirty floors,no cot for baby no beddin no towels no plates,BAD,got move to family room on ground floor,light stuck on wall with cellotape,we got flooded with the shower being blocked,the lad came took plug out and handed it to son in law to CLEAN,area around pool filthy never cleaned in 2 weeks,one staff per day went for a dip in the pool,to me that is not right,wot do you think??the staff were ok,but bit lazy,the cleaners were well over worked it was a shame,all in all i wouldnt go bk to the hotel,kids play area full of weeds n broken rides,and nasty cats

• Stayed September 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank jackpatinnorthwich

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
  • Turkish first
Ovacik, Turkey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 November 2010

Stayed here for 11 nights in October with my friend, parents and Aunty and Uncle. We paid £44pp for a 1 bedroom apartment for 11 nights, cannot fault the hotel/aparts at all and 1 road back from the main street, so not much noise at night.
The apartment was very spacious and great for what we paid. We had 1 double bed and 1 sofa bed in bedroom. A seperate kitchen with a sofa bed in the other room.
The balconies in the apartments all overlook the road behind the hotel and view of the mountains. As we went in October it wasn't very busy, which was great, nice and peaceful. The staff were absolutly brilliant, really polite, friendly and helpful. People complained that they played music full blast, they did play music but not full blast,or anywhere near full blast, we kept asking them to change the CD and they would do so straight away, so would have thought if you asked to turn music down, they wouldn't have a problem doing this.
Stayed in lots of different hotels/aparts in Hisaronu and this was definatly the best IMO.
Any questions just pm me

• Stayed October 2010, travelled with family
South Devon, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 November 2010

It would be easy to find fault but when you consider the difference between flight only price and flight plus B&B the difference is about £5 anight for 2 people. The room was cleaned nicely every day except Sunday with linen and towels changed more frequently than expected. It was the last fortnight of the season but the pool was cleaned daily and staff were available and helpful despite there being very few guests towards the end. We ate in the hotel on four occasions and the food was excellent and prices compared with those in the restaurants. We can recommend El Ninos and the Dragonaro which were the two restarants we visited most. The weather was the worst we have ever known it in Hisaronu with four or five wet days out of 14. We have never had more than one wet day in 14 on the six or seven times we have been to Hisaronu/Olu Deniz in previous years. It was still a good holiday and we had absolutely no problems with any illness. We stumbled upon the Red Lion (about 200m towards Kaya) and were unable to resist several return visits to sample the Tuborg at 2.5 TL for half a litre. Excellent welcome and service plus a few interesting characters. It was good to see Cengiz again (he had Daisy May bar when we last went in 2005) to get to his bar you go up the main street towards the post office roundabout and turn off left on the road that goes along the top sde of the go kart track and the bar is about 200 m from the main street. The Carmina is shown in the wrong place on the Tripadvisor map but I don't know how to correct it or get El Ninos and the Dragonaro added.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
Doncaster, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 October 2010

Having returned from my holiday only 40hours ago and having the hotel fresh in my mind, i feel as though I should warn others to avoid it!!

I booked and paid £1700 for 2 weeks Bed & Breakfast for myself and my partner, and as a present for my parents' wedding anniversary, and wish I'd chosen a different hotel.

When we arrived at the hotel we were met at reception by a scruffy unshaven member of staff, we completed the usual registration forms and then informed that the ground floor rooms which we had booked were "unavailable" and we were in 3rd and 4th floor rooms!!!! I had paid extra for ground floor rooms due to my mum being disabled and me having recently recovered from damaged knee ligaments. Following a lengthing 'discussion' where i was repeatedly told that it would be 3 days before rooms where available for us and me saying it was unacceptable, i pointed out 3 keys which when i asked were for ground floor rooms, i was told (after he checked on the computer) 1 was available. So we took the 3rd floor room and allowed my parents the ground floor room, but insisted that when another ground floor room was avaialable we move to it, which was reluctantly agreed to.

The rooms themselves were basic, bed, tv, shower toilet and sink plus 1 wardrobe and 2 small drawers. Mildew and the tiles in the bath rooms, evidence of previously swatted mosquitoes, despite the windows having mosquito nets over them, on the walls and ceilings. None of the windows and doors closed or fit into the frames properly which allowed mosquitoes and other insects in easily. Plug sockets and light switches which moved and exposed wires, a shower that took 5 days to fix to the wall, need i go on?

Well, ok i will. Breakfast - mmm great if you like bread, salami, old cheese, tomato, cucumber, olives and eggs boiled to within an inch of their lives. Tea and coffee that were incredibly strong that a spoon would stand up in and only luke warm!!

We ate food there twice and on both occasions it made everyine ill. One day we ordered a pizza and 2 portions of chips at lunch between us, when the member of staff took the order and walked away, he was heard to say "f'ing hell its not even worth switching the oven on" The bar staff were only happy if you were constantly drinking.

The pool was only cleaned 4 times in 2 weeks!! Not one of them worn anysort on uniform or smart clothing. One evening I booked an early morning wake up call for a boat trip we had booked, fortunately my father woke up 15 minutes beforemy call, and woke us. When I quizzed reception they said they had phoned and i had not answered, but i was awake and in the room, i was told that he had been asleep in a sofa in reception at the time of my booked call!!!

Staff spent more time in the bar drinking and smoking or playing pool and music as loud it would go until at least 2-3am!!!

With 5 days left in the holiday we had some rain, which as we're british we're used to!!
My partner had gone to our room to get some stuff for a evening in while my father and me had gone to the supermarket for something to eat. The marble steps were wet and slippery and my partner slipped and them and fell, injuring her back and wrist. The hotel staff seemed uninterested and the receptionist shrugged his shoulders and said "if you want an ambulance let me know". Nothing was recorded anywhere on site.
Other guest have told us that following her accident the hotel staff mopped the steps and put up a slippery floor sign

Having returned to the UK, we went to our local hospital and have her wrist checked and we found that it was so badly broken that she required surgery to repair properly.

In short a poor hotel, with bad and lazy staff, serving poor and overpriced food and drinks in a unclean environment.

On a plus the resort of Hisaronu is superb especially Alex's Cocktail Bar and the Honeymoon Restaurant

• Stayed October 2010, travelled with family
4 Thank Stuart681982

Travellers are raving about these Fethiye hotels

North Wales, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 October 2010

my best friend an I stayed in the carmina in july 2010 and although when we we arrived we thought the hotel was basic, food was barely average, music by the pool was that loud our conversation to each other was hard to hear we thought' to hell wth it' enjoy yoursleves and so we did, i hated having ice randomly thrown on me whilst bathin, along with being dragged off my sunbed into the pool when i clearly didnt want to be in the pool and also hated that when we sun bathed topless the bar men chose to come and ask us for drink and make comments about our exposure. However there was something that made us go back again the same year in september, but when we arrived it made us question why. We had pleaseant service for 2 days, the when a group of 3 young girls arived at the hotel other guests were ignored, the hotel staff were seen canoodling with the girls in the soft furnishing areas ( we're 30 and not prudish but we didnt need to see this). the girls along with the staff made other guest feel self conscious and weary. I myself suffered illness very badly one night and had to be brought back the appartements where i felt violently ill, shaking , sweating, and found it hard to breath but having seen the hotel staf wth the girls felt i could ring for help, the next morning my throat had swollen so much i couldnt breath and an emergency servcie was called out to inject me, iremained ill on and off for the remainder of the holiday.

One morning over breakfast the bar manager sat down at my table as i was eating alone and asked how my holliday was going, i simply said that i had look forward to coming back and was disapponted and therefore wouldnt come back. well.... before i knew it i was being shouted at be reception staff infront of friends by the pool, bought to tears, quizzed over and over again about the commemt i had said.............and felt like i could have happily got on a plane there and then to come home. they let us run up a bar bill and aded what they wanted to it, we watched them pour local vodka into smirnoff bottles etc. but then before we left they created a big show about sacking those who'd been rude to us, however as soon as they knew we were gone the other staff came back out. We have since heard that as they are contracted by thomas cook and get so many complaints they are doing all they can to save the contract.

don't go to tis hotel, if you have the chance to rearrange then do so. will never go ther again

• Stayed September 2010, travelled with friends
3 Thank juce10
scunthorpe
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 October 2010

had a fantastic holiday thanks to all the staff especially jimmy who weve been in contact with since arriving home a big thankyou from us all. the carmina is basic but very clean thanks to the hard work of the cleaners who always had a ready smile for you. if there is a problem just report it there is always someone there more than happy to put it right however small. we ate there on a few occasions and was made to feel really special with excellent food and service and reasonable prices thanks again jimmy. the pool area was always clean and we never had that much of a problem getting a sunbed. we enjoyed it that much that we have rebooked for the same time next year taking my two older sons,partners and families cant wait. the only negative thing i could comment on is the childrens play area which could do with sprucing up. just like to say hello to win who taught me to check my flight tickets before flying home ha ha. we booked our trips with alibaba travel and seaside travel both were very good and would reccomend them. we ate at the honey moon restaurant cafe and bar great food and did a fantastic breakfast. was sad to leave the carmina and cant wait to get back there next year.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank lelly56
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 September 2010

we stayed at this hotel in august.we got there at about 1 in the morning and were put in wrong room.we had booked self catering and we were put in one room with our 14yr old son.we had to stay in that room for 2 nights until a room became availble. nightmare!. the cleaner betham was great . clean towels and bedding every day. memet who was in charge was very rude. calling some guests names and spitting at poeple,never seen this in turkey before! sometimes cudnt get a sunbed round the pool.we spent our last couple days across the road at the native hotel.wish we had been there for our whole fortnight.if you didnt stay and eat at the carmina at night time the didint want to know you through the day.there is a great little cafe just outside hotel called bettys.fantasic poeple carnt do enough for you had some fantastic nights there with other poeple we met. lovely resort been in past. would go again but never stay at the carmina ever again

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family
3 Thank wendy_thompson65
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fethiye
Tolay Hotel
#15 of 101 in Fethiye
Ramos Hotel
Ramos Hotel
#55 of 102 in Oludeniz

Been to Carmina Hotel? Share your experiences!