We stayed at Majesty Tuana from 16th to 26th October 2013. Our check in was fairly smooth, we and our luggage were taken by golf cart to our block of rooms in Park 2 which is a long way from reception or any of the amenities, however it has it’s own bar and pool (all pools are cold, normally one is heated in 5* hotels). The room was quite spacious and clean, however the bathroom was in need of renovation (dirty, mouldy or missing grouting), a blocked shower head (2 visits to guest relations, finally taking it to them!) got it repaired and a very loose toilet seat. The beds were obviously intended for the likes of Fred Flintstone. We asked for softer mattresses and got a folded blanket under the bottom sheet. Wow! To add insult to injury, the resident cockerels crowed from 4.30am every single morning!!!!!!
The first experience of the main restaurant was of chaos, hot food that was cold, plates in the warmers were cold and the restaurant closed early each evening without warning. So If you hoped to escape the main crush between 6pm and 8pm you had to be there by 8.15 so you could just finish your meal by 9pm when it closed!
We pre-booked the A La Carte Fish restaurant one evening, oh dear! The A la Carte is a misnomer, because it is a set menu. The garlic prawns starter were so swamped with chili they were inedible. The grilled Sea Bream main course was apparently marinated in BBQ lighting fluid and was disgusting, there was no-one to complain to as the Manager had already gone home for the day (this was 7.45pm, not late) so we walked out. We had to try to find what was left in the main restaurant. Guest relations were informed but did nothing.
Food hygiene was appalling. We reported to Guest relations that food was being cooked at various stations and then put into chafing dishes to keep warm without anyone thinking to light the meth burners beneath the food, hence cold food if you weren’t 1st in the queue. Hot food brought from the kitchens was placed into very cool Bain-marie' and plate warmers were not switched on. On the cold selection, there was a very large bowl of mussels to help yourself to but only if you were foolhardy enough to do so as 90% were not open as they should be if cooked correctly. How the executive Chef could have allowed them to leave the kitchen is beyond negligence, it was plain criminal and did he poison anyone?
Nothing was done to remedy the reported faults and so we again went to Guest relations and were met by the Guest Relations Manager who listened but we had to labour the food hygiene issues repeatedly before we felt he was going to bring them to the attention of the powers that be.
This hotel is marketed as a 5 star resort but on balance it really is only pushing toward 3 stars. In the 5 star hotels that we have stayed in before, there has been a dress code for dinner, not too formal but gentlemen are required to wear a shirt with long trousers and the ladies not to wear shorts or swimwear. We appreciated the duo playing music but don’t like sharing an evening meal with people wearing beach gear also people can smoke freely in the restaurant. The amenities are really good and the drinks are UK standard but 5 star? That’s a joke!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- LOCATION: Majesty Club Tuana & Park serves with ultra all inclusive system and offers beautiful nature with orange gardens, frankincense trees, very well kept landscape in a 128.000 Sqm land just by the beach. It's 5* Holiday Village with a distance of : to Fethiye city center is 17 km, to Dalaman airport 42 km. GENERAL HOTEL INFORMATION: Tuana built on 23 nicely placed accommodation blocks. Lobby, Reception, Exchange Safe Box, self service, Indoor and outdoor restaurants, Ethnic & Specialized Restaurants of Ivriz Fish Restaurant, Sultan Restaurant, Ristorante Roma italian cousine, Bars, Open air Disco, Internet service, Shopping Center, Hair dresser, Photo Shop, Turkish Bath, Sauna , Rent a Car, Laundry service, Ironing service, Game Room, TV Room, Conference Hall. There is a extra large swimming pool, kids pool and sliding pool with 3 runways in a beautiful garden. Kids favorite mini zoo, large sunbathing area, Lobby Bar, Pool Bar, Majesty bar, Poseidon bar, Disco bar and Amphitheater with 600 pax capacity. The Park side in Tuana Park- 1 offers; Adults pool and children pool, snack bar. Distance to the beach 250 mt. Club guests can use Park facilities, Park guests can use Club facilities as well. Mobile telephone chargers are available at Guest Relations Office. Health service is available with an extra charge and in service 24 hours. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Onthebeach, Hotels.com, LoveHolidays, Expedia, Booking.com, Odigeo, Priceline, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Club Tuana Fethiye reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Majesty Club Tuana Park Hotel Fethiye
- Majesty Hotel Fethiye
- Majesty Hotel Tuana Park
- Club Tuana Fethiye Turkey
- Majesty Tuana Club Fethiye