“Amazing holiday”

Club Tuana Fethiye
Ranked #8 of 102 Hotels in Fethiye
“Amazing holiday”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 August 2014 via mobile

Me and my family stayed at this hotel and it was amazing! Amazing pools and slides food was brilliant room was a little bit small but was ok just for a week only let down was you could not go any where you had to go on a bus would reccomend this hotel!

Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Nurkaya G, General Manager at Club Tuana Fethiye, responded to this review, 5 September 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you very much for choosing Majesy Club Tuana Park and we are delighted to hear that your stay here with us was a pleasent one. We hope to welcome you again in the near future and please contact us directly for any questions

Best Regards

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (756)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Kent, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 August 2014

Not quite the holiday we were expecting just dreadful . The pool area was dangerous very slippery also drinks are often given in glass then glasses get broken and then people tread on it just awful . The dining experience is lots of queuing and unfortunately lots of pushing to get to buffet . The evening we arrived we went to dining room / school hall, that is what it looks like, and when we asked a member of staff 'what do we do ?/ was there a table?' he threw his arms in the air and walked the other way . We were left to find a table which was difficult as there was six of us , also to understand the running of the dining hall ourselves . One positive I can say is the complex is very clean . The culture of this complex is not to care and that goes from management to front of house of staff. Every now and again you meet a member of staff who is helpful and charming which is such a shock .

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

5 Thank Julie H
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking time to write the review and we appreciate your honest thoughts, Your comments on our staff will be looking into with the each department managers and will be taking nessary action for the improvement. We hope to welcome you again in the enar future and if you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact us directly.

london
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 August 2014

We had a great holidays at Tuana, escorted to our room on a golf buggy, The room was cleaned daily, beds made and towels replaced.
Food in main restaurant, is ok, you should find something to eat, but it can get like a cattle market at times.

The a la carte Turkish meal was nice, set menu so you get what you are given! (You need to book this at guest relations a day before).
We did the quad bike safari excursion, great fun and a very fun filled day out!
We went to the Turtle beach in DAlyan, very good day trip. We saw the enormous turtle when we got off the boat on the river side. I later realised that we can swim there with mask to watch the turtles. An amazing feeling!
A trip to Fethiye is recommended, a Dolmus from the hotel costs 5 lira each into Fethiye, we went to the market on the Tuesday well worth it for "genuine fakes" haggling is a must!! We went later on in the afternoon as it wasn't as busy.
The weather was extremely hot which is to be expected, there are fridges dotted around the bar areas with water, soft drinks and ice cream between 11 to 5pm .
The Animation team work hard and some are talented dancers, a few additions to entertainment in the Majesty Bar at night were appreciated,

Food, Go early to avoid big queues, there is always plenty of choice it's not 5 star but this is a big hotel complex. The restaurant needs to have a manager present to ensure the smooth running at meal times, We did see one family being asked to be moved from their table during dinner as the waiters were telling them that the table was reserved. It has no sign on it,but being one of the favoured tables on the outer ring popular with diners I suspect forgot to put a reserved sign on and then expected the family to move. I know that holidaymakers tipped waiters to save tables.

Overall we had a great holiday here, met some new friends although a big hotel. Would recommend this hotel.

east sussex
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 August 2014

I have visited this hotel Last year and returned again this year i felt the need to right a review as it seems to be given negative review we have become friends with some of the staff at the hotel but my review will still be fact as we see it we fell in love with the hotel Last year it's stunning there are rooms which have been updated which are lovely i believe the rest are also being done . The staff on the reception last year were friendly but not as so this year not rude but very busy when we arrived but there were under pressure any other time they were great so understandable . The food here is always amazing in the dinning hall never tried the others as we loved the food in the buffet one . Drinks all good pool amazing clean shop run by a lovely guy who does charge average prices you expect to find in ahotel same price as back home yes you can walk along the end to the main road where it's cheaper if you can be bothered or you can chat in the air con shop to a friendly guy and save your legs some reviews i think are laughable i go in may so it's quiet and i know i can get a sun bed and don't que for anything i think if you go in august you have to expect it to be busy in any hotel as for comments about glasses around the pool I'd say that was holiday makers not putting there glasses in the basket tables around the pool when they have finished it's not a waiters service around the pool as for the pool being closed coz someone's used the pool for a toilet well that's not the hotels fault is it ? Sorry guys but some reviews really are unfair it's down to holiday makers behaviour if you want a quite holiday like I do don't go anywhere in august some staff have been there years they are great animation team last year were great but they all moved to another hotel so new team this year which changed in our two week stay and we're not so good but we amused ourselves kids always love to he shows as they do nightclub great I think it should open earlier as everyone likes a dance I think the snack bar needs more variety food a bit too light we were told they are making more improvements to rooms for next year and the prices will go up we looked for next year and the price has shot up for us which is a shame as there is 22 of us so we have booked the sister hotel to majesty in bodrum which has great review the child age is only up to 12 here which made a big difference to our family budget other hotels are 17 so the hotel may want to think about that as that's the reason we didn't book again which is a shame i just hope this lovely hotel isn't pricing itself out of the market it's a beautiful setting and many return year after year and I'm sure we will again I think you need to be opened minded on reviews on what is actually holiday makers fault and the hotels the staff are only human keep it realistic the hotel does not deserve negative comments on others lack of respect there are plastic cups for around the pool which you help yourself too and there are toilets so you don't have to do it in the pool hope this helps anyone keep up the good work hotel staff x

• Stayed May 2014
5 Thank daftdaphers
Dear Guest

Thank you for choosing Majesty Club Tuana Park and we are delighted to hear your recent stay here with us was a pleasent one. We hope to welcome you again in the near future and if you have any questions please contact us directly and we are more than happy to help you.

3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 August 2014 via mobile

I visited Tuana for the second time this year with two boys aged 17 & 14. I returned to Tuana as we had had a good holiday the year before and this hotel feels safe for teenagers. As I always rely on tripadvisor before booking hotels this is my honest opinion.
Pool area
The sun bed issue needs addressing, I was having to set my alarm on holiday to be able to get a sunbed near the main pool. A friend we met on holiday was down at 3.30am and every bed was taken by the main pool. We found out from a group of holidaymakers that they were paying the pool staff £10 a day, if this is the case the management must take action, the holiday costs enough as it is. The issue with glass and coke bottles needs immediate attention. We saw on several occasions bottles and glass being broken around the pool and no one rushing to clear up with proper cleaning equipment, the pool man picking up with his fingers is not sufficient. A couple of times the pool was closed due to faeces in the water, I'm not sure how the management can address this issue but I am convinced that this is what caused my sons sickness this holiday. The towel lady was always pleasant to me and pool bar staff always served me fine, I don't think it's fair the amount of criticism they've received, long hours and excessive heat can't be fun to work in.
Animation team
They work hard and some are talented dancers, a few additions to entertainment in the Majesty Bar at night were appreciated, I just didn't feel that the team had the same enthusiasm as last year.
Go early to avoid big queues, there is always plenty of choice it's not 5 star but this is a big hotel complex. The restaurant needs to have a manager present to ensure the smooth running at meal times, I didn't see any management once in the restaurant during our holiday. We did see one family being asked to be moved from their table during dinner as the waiters were telling them that the table was reserved. It has no sign on it,but being one of the favoured tables on the outer ring popular with diners I suspect forgot to put a reserved sign on and then expected the family to move. I know that holidaymakers tipped waiters to save tables.
Club rooms
We stayed on club both times, some rooms have been updated and looked nice. Ours was dated and the balcony was far too small,I knew the hotel was full to the brim so there would be no chance of moving rooms. I met two large families both who had arrived only to be told that they didn't have enough rooms for them and they had to be put in management accommodation until rooms could be found.
Boat trip
We did an excursion from Fethyie with families we met at our holiday, it was fabulous. All day trip with lunch, pick up and return to hotel 70tl and half price for children, Hanadan, new boat this year. Really good value, I would have done it twice if I'd been there longer.
Overall we enjoyed our holiday having met some great people and made new friends. Twice was enough though and I would return to Turkey but not to this hotel again.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Reesfamil
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking time to share your holiday experience with us. We value your honest feedback. Our hotel has enough sun beds for all the guests, although during the high season the sunbeds might be difficult to find especially if the guests prefer particular place. Although our pool staff are always there to help the guests. The concern you have mentioned on the main restaurant has been looked into and will be taking action for the improvement. We hope to welcome you again in the near future and if you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact us directly.

3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 August 2014

all i can say i if you liek queing - then this is the place to be - queues everywhere for food for drinks for tables - had to get up at 5.30 just top get a sunbed secured otherwise none were left come 8 am when we usually got up!! had to wait at snack bar for food to be ready once people had finished the tray - by the time the next tray of pizza had ben cooked (around 5-10 mins of waiting - we got to the chips and they'd then run out - then had to wait again whilst they were cooked and by the time we sat down it was all cold!!!! Pool Bar staff - well to say the were all rude and grumpy is a massive compliment comapared to how they actually were!! waitied ages and ages and they didn't even acknowledge our presence - served other people who pushed in and shouted what they wanted before the more polite amongst us who had been patiently waiting. I was with another lady who understood and spoke Turkish and she told me they were all talking about the customers in very uncomplimentary terms!!!! The towel lady - i'm sure she was there to make the pool bar staff seem excstatic - she was dire to say the least - rude, never a smile, always snatched the towels from you and threw them at you. Reception staff - again no 1 ever smiled!!! What's wrong with your staff Tuana?!! The animation team, Sonny, Tanya and Ennis made it a happier place to dwell for 2 weeks and they for me made the holiday a 3 star - no way am i going back to this place - the setting was lovely but the lack of provision of sunbeds for all their guests - the lack of any smiling from the staff - the rudeness of the staff - the animation team saved the day - what a pity they weren't running the hotel!!! You should all watch and learn Tuana Management!!!

5 Thank claire m
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking time to write the review and we appreciate your honest thoughts, We will share your kind comments with the entertainment team. Your comments on our staff from the other department will be looking into and will be taking nessary action for the improvement. We hope to welcome you again in the enar future and if you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact us directly.

London, England, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 August 2014

This was my 4th visit to Majesty Club Tuana Park. I have been twice with by 2 boys and twice with them, my partner and hetr2 boys. The positives are the boys love it as there is lots for them to do. They Love the pool, the water slides, the pier, swimming in the sea, football, table tennis, darts and especially Boccia that we play just once a year but love it. They are happy, so I can relax!

They also went on a very reaosnably priced boat trip, and the ringos, and banana are great fun, but they are separate so have to be paid for. There are kayaks and pedalos that can be used for free in the mornings, which was a nice way to start the day. One of the boys is less active so he spent more time using the wi-fi which at 3 euros for a day I thought was very reasonable. Our boys spent very little on the arcade games (in fact two of them spent nothing).

They also like the entertainment, but I believe the quality could be improved. The choice of food is immense but somehow you do get bored of it over 2 weeks. Odd in that you couldn't get more choice and a lot is freshly cooked in front of you. This was the only year in 4 that a few of us got an upset tummy, I think it was the higher temperatures more than food related.

It is isolated, but trips to Fethiye are good fun, the market is amazing and go to the Yacht Hotel to eat if you get the chance.

There is an issue with the sun beds, but you get that everywhere. I can't think of a system that will work, and if you hit the restaurant at the wrong time it can be busy and warm, but what do you expect when the temperature is 40 degrees in the day?

If you have teen and pre-teen children they can be given a little independence in a very safe environment.

I thought the animation team were very friendly especially Alyona who did Boccia. They certainly bonded with the children, and my almost 15 year old spent more time in the night club this year than he has before, but mostly the behaviour was sensible but fun.

For the money in high season, I don;t think I oculd find something for less money that suits my children and allows me to relax whilst they have fun. Finally, if you budget for a few treatments before you go and haggle for a good price the spa is fantastic and get good quality treetments for from as little as £20, and the kids love a chcolate foam turkish bath!

Room Tip: Iv prefer club to park, to me it is worth the small amount extra. Also if you want to buy incidental...