3,582 results
All reviewsclub roomanimation teammain poolmain restaurantpark roommr bondrifle shootingnext yearpool gamesturkeymini zoodiving boardgreat holidayguinea pigsbar staffthomas cook repkids club
Reviewed 5 September 2010

I've just returned from a week here with my hubby, 14 year old son and 12 year old daughter and we all thought it was fab.
My kids asked me to title my review as above once they saw it had been previously used as they loved hearing this tune being played during our stay, I also loved the holiday song that was played and danced to daily around the pool and at night but never did get round to finding out the name of it.
We were in a club room in block 1600 which was ample in size with two additional beds. It had plenty of storage for all the four of us and as has been previously said was spotlessly clean with refreshed bedding and towels daily.
I honestly fail to see what would give anyone cause for complaint in respect of the food. Yes there was bizarre dishes ie cauliflower or brussels at breakfast but I saw these being eaten on nearby tables so they are obviously a breakfast item in their respective country. My favourite food items were the breakfast omelettes, pizza and salad in the snack bar at lunchtime and the enormous salad bar and vast selections of fresh bread in the main restaurant. Yes the food can get repetitive but this is the same in any all inclusive hotel because you are eating three meals a day in the same place.
I didn't try any of the al carte restaurants due to the reviews of them on here and for the fact that my kids are fussy eaters.
Every bar was adaquately staffed and I found all of the staff pleasant. The animation team often approached to try and get you involved in daytime activities but again they were very pleasant and never pushy.
The complex is vast and I did find park 2 and spent a couple of days round that pool but the rest of the time was spent on the grassed areas near the main pool looking out to sea as this area got a gentle breeze in the afternoon. I agree that the beach wasn't great but the jetty is a fantastic idea and approaching the sea via this more than makes up for the poor beach. We all loved the water slides and the fact you could take lilos in the pools having holidayed in Spain for the past few years where this is never allowed. Yes towels were on beds every morning on our way to breakfast but we always managed to find a couple of beds around 10.30am but not in the shaded areas.
I didn't bother watching any of the shows but could see from the majesty bar where we spent most of the evenings that they were very well attended, our other time at night was spent in the arcade playing pool with the kids at 12TL per hour which I thought was pretty reasonable.
I only ventured into Fethiye a couple of times due to the heat and this was by dolmus at 4TL each way. I have to say that Fethiye itself did not impress me that much.
My only complaint about the place would be about keeping the room on departure day. I had enquired midway through the holiday and asked the price and was told to come back to check availability the day before departure. On this day I was told to come back on departure day which I did and lo and behold the price had doubled to keep it until 6pm from £25 to £50. When I challenged this I was told I had been given misinformation and could only keep it until 4pm for £25. Needless to say I didnt bother I checked out at 11am when I had finished packing, left my cases in the luggage room and took a shower in the spa at the end of the day.

1  Thank me881
Reviewed 5 September 2010

We (2 adults, 2 children) were here the last two weeks of August and and stayed in a Club room which was fine apart from having a small balcony.

The weather was very hot (high 30s) but it was a dry heat and comfortable with the good breeze. The only place we felt uncomfortable was Fethiye where there is no breeze.

As many have said the grounds are lovely and well maintained, just have to find a way around the sprinklers at night. We used both the main swimming pool and also Park 2 pool. The park pools (1 & 2) are the only ones where you will get ice creams from the adjacent snack bars. The water slides by the main pool are open at specified times and are well supervised. The beach is mainly pebble as is the case for most of the nearby coastline apart from nearby small Katrinci bay which is well worth a visit having great sand and good water facilities (canoes etc). The huge jetty at the hotel is excellent for accessing a good swim in the sea or for lounging on one of the sun beds. The complex also has a 1150 meter running course marked by red arrows around the paths which I used a couple of times early in the morning. There is also a gym but a lot of the equipment there needs to be upgraded and some I found to be in a dangerous condition.

The food at the main restaurant and also Turkish restaurant (near Park 2) was excellent with plenty of variety. At peak times though it was a little hectic. The service from the pool bars was very good. Particular thanks to Mehmet at the main pool bar for his excellent cheery service.

The entertainment was greatly enjoyed by the children not adults. The only show that was really good was 'Mamma Mia'. The entertainment crew though work really hard on both the shows and throughout the day on various poolside and beach activities. There are also plenty of tournaments to take part in during the day such as archery and air rifle shooting.

Some people have mentioned that they felt isolated but I didn't find this to be the case. It was easy to get dolmuses (every 10 minutes starting 8.00am from the main gate) to go virtually anywhere. Also we shared taxis with another family (total 7 people) for return trips to Fethiye and also Calis beach which worked almost as cost effective as the dolmus. My wife and friend had a great Turkish bath and massage at the Hotel Oykun at Calis on one of our trips. Fethiye old town and Fethiye tuesday market are great places to visit. There are good walks in the area provided you start early (7.00 am). One morning I walked to Calis beach (2 hours) and another morning to Katrinci bay (other direction and 1 ¼ hours)

We only did one organised trip and that was a fantastic day on jeep safari with Karacay who run the bigger safer jeeps. Just be prepared to get very wet. On the trip we visited Tlos, Yakapark (lovely shaded spot with lots of water and trout) and the great Saklikent gorge, finishing up with a wind down at a beach and bar area near Calis. I also hired a jeep for a long day visit a lovely mountain area near Gombe, Kas, Antalya region.

Our transfers from and to the airport were booked privately and were excellent and on time. Beware though of the extremely expensive prices at Dalaman airport for drinks and food.

All in all we had a great holiday and would highly recommend Club Majesty Tuana.

Reviewed 5 September 2010

For the second year in a row we have been amazed by this hotel. The staff and animations team are as wonderful as ever and many remembering us from the previous year.
The shows put on by the animations team this year were even better than last year and always funny.
The hotel has such a relaxed atmosphere but there is always plenty going on to keep everyone entertained and many an opportunity to try new things such as airgun shooting with Zaferiniho, which was always entertaining.
There is so much choice food wise with several places to eat during the day and snacks avaliable almost constant until dinner.
This year i was brave enough to try parasailing and was amazed by it, id say well worth a try and definately value for money!
All in all another excellent year leaving us with hopes of returning next year, or sooner!

Reviewed 5 September 2010

This is a lovely hotel set in beautiful grounds. The only problem we had was that we were travelling in a group of 10, one family of 4 with an 8 and 10 year old whose room was in the club area. Then my husband and I who have a 15 and 17 year old and my parents who are in their 70's, our rooms were in the park area, a good 8 minutes walk away from the amenities. We had asked for our rooms to be together and this was too far for my parents to keep walking backwards and forwards for dinner etc. We upgraded the next day at a cost of £125 each per room but this was well worth it as we were then right next to the pool. I do feel that it should have been made clearer when we booked of where the rooms were situated.

That out of the way, the rest of the holiday was perfect. The children loved the pools, water slides and beach area. They took part in the pool games organised by the animation team during the day and the different sporting activites on offer. You could also take advantage of turkish lessons and belly dancing. The animation team were enthusiastic and worked really hard and although some of the evening entertainment was slightly boring they put on some excellent shows too. One night there was a party on the beach which was different and the mama mia show was excellent.

The food wasn't the best we have had but we were in Turkey and there was so much to chose from and it was always hot. We went to all three of the themed restaurants, the food at which was lovely.

There are lots of water sports on offer off the jetty which seemed well orgainised and safe. This was also a lovely place to wander to in the evening as the sunsets were beautiful.

You must try a turkish bath and massage in the spa, well worth it.

We thoroughly enjoyed our holiday and would recommend it to our friends and are really sad to be home. We would also like to emphasise the cost of eating and drinking at the airport, avoid it if you can.

Reviewed 4 September 2010

As the majority have said regarding gardens, staff etc is correct and true. The entertainment team are really great and keep the place going, there is always something to do if you can muster the energy to do anything. We always took part in the darts at 4pm as part of our 4 o'clock club drinks ;) Hakan who done the darts is an absolute star, and such a lovely person. If anyone is going to the Tuana - if you remember could you say that "Jan & Mick Pyne said hi" please to Hakan? I would just go back to see the entertainment team, as they worked unbelievably hard.
Any down sides; being quite critical here; balconies could be bigger so you are able to sit out and enjoy a drink together. Food can get repetitive, but the quality is good. Location; very remote, so advise to consider in doing some trips to break the holiday up a bit. Beach is stoney so can only get into sea via pier ladders unless you have got rock hard feet, so suggest getting beach shoes before you go.

Oh yes one last thing - watch the spa manager, very rude man. The men that do the hamman scrubs, I feel, entertain themselves by slapping womens backsides etc, but this is just my experience. Spa is nice, but if you are a women I would suggest that you ask for a women, if you feel that you would not be comfortable with a man doing the above. The bracelet man also tried to rip me off.

Other than that fabulous holiday, and hope that you have just a good time as me.