“hotel as changed so much”
Review of Hotel Destan

Hotel Destan
Ranked #81 of 102 Hotels in Fethiye
manchester
“hotel as changed so much”
Reviewed 20 July 2011

when we arrived i was charged £70 for air-con for 2 weeks which was abit steep, hardly any of the staff could speak english especially the girls on reception, food was very basic. cleaners cleaned our rooms everyday which was good. on the day we was leaving we missed our transfer to the airport as the coach came 2 hours early asked reception if they could ring a taxi but they just stood and laughed, wont stay here again unless they get old staff back who was polite and couldnt do enough for you!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank steph2011Manchester

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 July 2011

ME and my bf stayed at hotel for 10 days. we had an amazıng tıme ıt was so fun accomadatıon ıs great food ıs amazıngç I LOVE DESTAN HOTEL XX LOCATION WAS Nıce. staff were really friendly.Ali bartender was the best.he was unbelieveable.I cant describe the hotel with words, just go and see there :)

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
4 Thank alexx2009
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 July 2011

The Destan hotel was a great famıly resort to stay ın. The staff are very frıendly and helpful and ıt has been a good holıday. The hotel ıs based 2 mınutes from Hısaronu whıch ıs very useful. The food at the hotel ıs of excellent standard and prepared fresh at request. I hıghly recommend thıs resort for a famıly holıday as ıt ıs kıd frıendly. There are 2 pools whıch ıs useful ıf you need to relax and want to come on a quıet break away. The maıd ıs the best servıce ın any hotel I have stayed ın, she made sure the room was spotless every day.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank karla_2011043
manhester
Reviewed 15 May 2011

went to the destan hotel in september 210 worst hotel ive ever been in and been to a lot
in turkey the breakfast was rubbish the plates were dirty room never cleaned in ten days
manager was very rude and to top it all the reception charged me £6 for a local call to arrange transfer pick up manger got attitude problem my advice is give it a wide berth

• Stayed September 2010, travelled solo
2 Thank roystreet44

Travellers are raving about these Fethiye hotels

Southampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 November 2010

We went to the Destan in July this year and the hotel was the worst part of the holiday. The staff was so rude and couldn’t even speak a word of English, the so called manager was a complete idiot and I don’t even think he even knew how to even run the hotel. The food was disgusting and if you are a vegetarian than there’s not a lot you can eat unless you want a plate of carbs or lettuce soup!!!
We arrived early in the morning and went to the reception to find one of the managers asleep in the reception and this is where the holiday started to go downhill. As there were three of us but only two booked through a travel agent and one booked independently, they apparently didn’t have her booking and there was only two booked in. When we booked the hotel we asked to have a room facing the pool if possible and obviously for three people but as they had messed the booking up and booked one of us in the day before and that was why they thought there was only two of us but as we started to talk to some of the other people around the pool we had found out that, it has happened to them as well. The rooms are basic and it’s what you pay for even though there was confusion first of all in the end we did get a nice room and it was okay.
There was two entertainers that were always around the pool and they were lovely a highlight of the holiday really but unfortunately half way through the second week they had left and that was the end of the fun and entertainment around the pool. One of the nights we got dragged into having dinner at the hotel we paid 10 lira for a buffet and wine which sounded like it was worth the money. We came down to dinner, the food was disgusting and all I ate was a bread roll and my friends ate the chips and some bread and that’s all we had for dinner and some cheap wine, which we ended up leaving. We spoke to people who were half board at the hotel and they said they were never offered a bottle of wine it was only for people who didn’t eat at the hotel which was unfair on all accounts. The breakfast was terrible, we only had it once in the two weeks we were there for and I’m sure that talks for its self. The night life is great in hisaronu especially grand boozey, one of the best bars along the strip around 11 oclock at night everything starts getting lively and before that there is families walking around with their children which in some cases was embarrassing. Apart from that the area its self is lovely but I wouldn’t ever go back to the Destan hotel ever as it is terrible.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with friends
6 Thank stephanie030
Nottingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 October 2010

I cannot believe the bad reviews this hotel keeps getting.I have just had two weeks there and I was surprised.Excellent Hotel. Nice room, very clean,[cleaners in every day].
Pool area well kept and clean.We found staff very friendly.
On the fifth day of our holiday I was taken ill and unable to leave my room for five days.
The service from the staff was brilliant. The Guest Relations lady, Nurhan. made herbal tea for my illness, a very nice and helpful young lady. Feret the waiter brought food to our room for my wife and I.
The cleaners, especially Gumden, were very friendly and always asking if I was well and
although she knew very little English and I can't speak Turkish we had a lot of laughs
together.
When I had recovered, Beckir, the chap running the poolside bar kept my spirits up
with large gin and tonics.
A very intelligent young man who spoke impeccable English.
Breakfast was alright but it would have been better if fruit had also been available.
The Hotel was excellent and I would happily recommend it to my family and friends.
Be prepared to make the effort to converse with the staff, they are friendly.
Small phrases, in Turkish, like good morning and please and thank you goes a long way.
Barry and Liz.. 3rdSeptember - 18th September 2010.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank duchess40
gloucester
Reviewed 12 October 2010

we stayed for 2 weeks and on the second week they closed bar and turned off filter for pool we paid for english breakfast and the sausages and bacon were gone off i had to fight to get my money back. Our toilet leeked all the time and we had to paddle to use loo in the end we had to keep turning the water on and off the only plus side to this hotel was location, i would not stay here again i just felt sorry for people who paid about £300 pound more than us through travel companys i booked all mine seperate so got a good deal i paid £65.05 for 2 of us for 2 weeks b&b so i got a batgain compared to most people if i had to pay what everyone else did i would of been complaining left right and centre but even the people that complained go no luck, this is not a nice hotel and thete are far better ones with just as good location, i would not even give this a hotel a 1 star

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
3 Thank jewelsholder
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fethiye
Telmessos Select
#13 of 102 in Oludeniz
St Nicholas Grove Hotel
St Nicholas Grove Hotel
#91 of 102 in Oludeniz

Been to Hotel Destan? Share your experiences!