“Excellent value hotel” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #77 of 102 Hotels in Fethiye
East Kilbride
“Excellent value hotel”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 September 2010

My partner and I cannot fault this hotel.
The staff were very courteous and worked hard and long days.
Room was clean and well presented.(thanks to the maid for her lovely towel and petal arrangements on the bed....a lovely greeting).Room 502 (27/08-11/09/2010)
Both pools were spotless and we were always able to get a sunbed.
Although we stayed on a B&B basis we did eat in the hotel on occasions and found the food of excellent standard.Also very competetitivley priced.
I find negative reviews on here about this hotel astounding and find it hard to believe that they are talking about the same hotel.
The person who described it is a "prisoner of war camp" is very disrespectful and rude and should take a leaf out of the Turkish peoples book,as they were nothing more than courteaous,respectful and very friendly.
I would without doubt recommend this hotel for its treatment of customers and for its location etc.Very good value.
If you want 5 star pay for 5 star...thats my opinion.
Good luck to the Hotel with all your future plans (manager bed us farewell and explained that they are expanding in the future)
Norie and Caroline

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ekphotographer

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
  • Turkish first
Ottawa, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 September 2010

Just came back from a week in Turkey where we stayed at the Hotel Destan in Hisaronu. We travelled to Turkey from Canada to attend a wedding of British friends of ours. Much of the planning was out of our control, so we didn't really know what to expect. All I can say is that our experience at the Destan was exceptional. The hotel grounds are immaculate, with two beautiful and clean pools (where we could always get a lounge chair) and two bars. The staff are friendly and would do anything they could to help us. The rooms are basic but very clean and airconditioning is available. It's a lovely and quiet spot, but only a 2 minute walk to the town centre. In terms of location and quality, I didn't see another hotel in the area that came close to the Destan.

Hisaronu is pretty quiet during the day, but comes alive at night with clubs, shops, kebap venders, and many tourists (mostly British) all having a great time. There are also some excellent restaurants, which we didn't really expect. It's an easy bus ride to the sea in Olu Deniz. A holiay in Hisaronu may not be the most "culturally authentic" of experiences, but you'll be hard pressed to find a more relaxed, cheerful or service-oriented atmosphere. You'll have fun, guaranteed.

I'm very sorry to see some of the negative reviews on this site. As far as I'm concerned, they are inaccurate. I highly recommend the Destan and wish them success in their operations.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Rhamburgers
istanbul
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 September 2010

Like a prisoner of war camp’.I'm a Turkish citizen and a traveler.I was just looking for hotels and reading reviews from your web site.When I read this review,I couldn't believe how you can put this to your web site.This is not a review ,it is a hate speech.All language is degrading,insulting and not respectfull.It must be written by rationalist or someone has got broken mind.Especially,the part of about our religion.He is teasing our praying and religion and very shamefull that he named Muslims pray call as ‘’songs 5 times a day'’.Turkish people will not take permission to pray from them.They must respect to Muslims and Turkish people.This is a subject even it causes crisis between countries.Awfull country,the most rude people,money grapping people other hate words.If they had grabbed their money,why didn't they go to police?We read this review as 10 persons and we are really very sorry and we ask you to delete this review from your web site and delete his membership too.We have a lot of English friends .We already talked to them too,they felt shame of him and they apologized instead of him and Trip Advisor.

We ‘re waiting for very urgently that,you delete this shamefull,ugly review.Regards.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled solo
3 Thank taner_kaya
Hertfordshire, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 September 2010

I really wanted to write again after another fantastic year at the Destan. We were sent there last year and had a fabulous time and this time was even better in our opinion.

There has been some changes (although not great) and all very positive. Unfortunately, Veysie and Oz were no longer working there but in place of those staff members were Bex the barman and Nerhan the customer relations rep.

I could not praise them enough for looking after us and they made our stay a million times better. Nerhan was always on hand for anything you needed and was very helpful in making recommendations for good places to eat and visit. She was always pleasant and friendly and was never unobtainable.

Bex was also a fantastic guy who was always up for a laugh and someone we now regard as a friend. Thank you Bex you are 1 in a million.

The hotel itself has undergone some changes including moving the upstairs restaurant and the reception is now at the other end of the building but apart from that the hotel is still as fantastic as it was the first time we went last year. We hear they will be going to an all-inclusive hotel and we would still visit if this were to happen.

The snacks are fab for when you're lounging around the pool and very good value for money and the drinks are also very well priced compared to the main strip.

The rooms were cleaned daily and the sheets and towels changed. The pool was also very clean and surrounding area was kept this way throughout the day.

I would recommend this hotel for anyone, be it for chilling out or partying all night long, families or couples, there is something for everyone. I will be asking the other visitors to rate this hotel also as I know they all had a fab time too and would be more than willing to give the same positive feedback.

Thank you for another fantastic year at the Destan....special thanks to Ahmed xx

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Vikki_ball
BugBug83
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 September 2010

I never normally write reviews but on this occasion I think it is only right to make an exception. If only to stop other innocent people suffering a stay at Hotel Destan. I have been to a few places, I always opt for cheaper hotels and apartments and it is true to say you get what you pay for. I have not got an issue with 'basic' accomodation but this place was just awful. We went in a group for a family wedding and occupied half a dozen rooms between us. One couple in our party had mould grrowing up the wall in their room, which had also grown on their suicase which they had left nearby. When they tried to complain the hotel manager (an awfully rude jumped-up bossy moo) told them it was their own doing and woul accept no responsibility. We also found in a room near to the pool, where the smelly toilets are, a huge pile of chopped peppers, on a sheet on the floor, some of them had rolled off the sheet and on to the floor and they were crawling with bugs and flies! When someone complained to that lovely manager again she told them it was english people, walking past, taking bites out of the raw peppers then throwing them on the floor! How utterly ridiculous! They were obviously for the buffet, which we all ate on our 2nd or 3rd night and we all had very upset stomachs for a few days after! I would also like to point out that the breakfast offered by the hotel is disgusting, the bread is the best bit but is often crawling with flies! Even their juice was disgusting!! The food and drink prices at the hotel were also a rip off - you could walk just around the corner and buy the same thing for half the price. In order to succeed in their money grabbing, the hotel will not allow you to take any food or drink in to the hotel that is purchased outside - even water. Have you ever known that it in hotel that isn't all inclusive and you can't actually drink the tap water?? If they caught you sneaking in supplies they would try and charge you again just so that they can make more money off you. The whole time I was in Turkey I really, really felt I was being squeezed for every penny, very very very few of the locals I met were intersted in being friendly or wanting you to genuinely enjoy yourself, they are only interested in your money. Anyway, back to hotel! The pool was also quite dirty, I saw the same sunken chip in there for at least three days not to mention dead bugs and other bits and bobs. There were a number of cracked and missing tiles and the water didn't smell at all of chemicals, which indicates to me it wasn't cleaned regularly and in the time we spent there, 11 nights, we never saw it cleaned. The room was also dirty. The cleaners do quite a job but they only sweep the floor with a brush made of twigs which as you can imagine is not very effective. I never saw them wash the floor and when the floor was wet in the bathroom, i wiped it with a towel and it was black! Other than that the room was ok, basic but ok. One of our party had a real problem with mosquitoes however, there must have been a nest in his room because he got something like 70 bites in the first two days. He couldnt have the windows or door open and was forced to by a fogger from the supermarket to kill them as the hotel refused to do anything. I would also like to warn anyone that the hotel like to charge you extra, lots extra, for anything they can. The air conditioning is something like £20 a day and a safety deposit box about £10 a day. I can kind of understand the air con being fairly dear, but a safety deposit box?? It's just a box! They also put their prices in pounds so they can work out their own exchange rate, favourable of course, and charge you extra lots of lira!
Also, we were woken up every night by the religious singing through a megaphone. I understan it is part of their religion/faith/culture and it is their country but I was annoyed by the super loud sing songs five times a day, including silly o'clock in the morning. Who needs to pray then?
I can honestly say, hand on heart, that it is the worst hotel i have ever ever ever stayed in and i would not send my pets there. Turkey is also the most awful country i have ever been to, the people the most rude, money grabbing people i have ever met, the poorest cuisine (unless you like chip butties and pizza everyday - they do make good pizza) but they're own cuisine is lacking and under represented. The place in which we stayed was too far from the beach for my liking (obviously the wedding party chose the hotel as i certainly wouldn't have picked it). There is little to do in Hisoranu. I think it is only suited to people who have no manners and are therefore not annoyed by the locals and are only interesting in getting a tan, buying fake designer goods and going out drinking fishbowls of cocktails under the buzzing neon lights. I.e. chavs paradise??

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank BugBug83

Travellers are raving about these Fethiye hotels

Southampton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 August 2010

I love this place. Its not too busy but still plenty close by to keep you Occupied.

Staff are great and can't do enough for you. It is clean and friendly, close to the village (without being to noisey) and the hotel food in the daytime is basic but great if you just need a snack by the pool.

The pool is a good size and well kept. The rooms basic but clean, with Tv.

Can't wait to get back there soon.x

• Stayed August 2010, travelled solo
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 August 2010

This is our first time staying at the Destan Hotel and we have really enjojed our stay.Everyone was so friendly and made us feel welcome.

The rooms are very clean and BBQ was yummy.Show was excellent.We did and learn some belly dance too.The Hotel is in a great location,just a few minutes walk from the main street.We spent most of our time at the Hotel.We played table tennis and billiard or just relaxing in the nice,big pool. We will miss nice evenings at the pool bar.We would definetely stay again and would recommend to friends.

Many thanks again,looking forward to coming back again.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fethiye
The Pine Hill Hotel & Suites
Ocean Blue High Class Hotel
Sea Breeze Apart Hotel
Sea Breeze Apart Hotel
#43 of 102 in Oludeniz

Been to Hotel Destan? Share your experiences!