“Super Hotel,super layout, roll on 2011.”
Review of Hotel Destan

Hotel Destan
Ranked #84 of 101 Hotels in Fethiye
Reviewed 12 October 2010

I cannot believe the bad reviews this hotel keeps getting.I have just had two weeks there and I was surprised.Excellent Hotel. Nice room, very clean,[cleaners in every day].
Pool area well kept and clean.We found staff very friendly.
On the fifth day of our holiday I was taken ill and unable to leave my room for five days.
The service from the staff was brilliant. The Guest Relations lady, Nurhan. made herbal tea for my illness, a very nice and helpful young lady. Feret the waiter brought food to our room for my wife and I.
The cleaners, especially Gumden, were very friendly and always asking if I was well and
although she knew very little English and I can't speak Turkish we had a lot of laughs
together.
When I had recovered, Beckir, the chap running the poolside bar kept my spirits up
with large gin and tonics.
A very intelligent young man who spoke impeccable English.
Breakfast was alright but it would have been better if fruit had also been available.
The Hotel was excellent and I would happily recommend it to my family and friends.
Be prepared to make the effort to converse with the staff, they are friendly.
Small phrases, in Turkish, like good morning and please and thank you goes a long way.
Barry and Liz.. 3rdSeptember - 18th September 2010.

2  Thank duchess40

Reviewed 12 October 2010

we stayed for 2 weeks and on the second week they closed bar and turned off filter for pool we paid for english breakfast and the sausages and bacon were gone off i had to fight to get my money back. Our toilet leeked all the time and we had to paddle to use loo in the end we had to keep turning the water on and off the only plus side to this hotel was location, i would not stay here again i just felt sorry for people who paid about £300 pound more than us through travel companys i booked all mine seperate so got a good deal i paid £65.05 for 2 of us for 2 weeks b&b so i got a batgain compared to most people if i had to pay what everyone else did i would of been complaining left right and centre but even the people that complained go no luck, this is not a nice hotel and thete are far better ones with just as good location, i would not even give this a hotel a 1 star

3  Thank jewelsholder
Reviewed 29 September 2010

we booked in at the destan hotel in september 2010, we checked in at 5am so were very tired after traveling all night! upon arival we checked in and were lead downto flighs of stairs into a very dark hall way to our room 105, we were disgusted with the room how the hell they can call this a 3* is beonde me? the shower was black with mould, the toilet had all black stripes down the pan, the shower head i dont think its ever been cleaned to be honest and the soap dish was hanging off the wall, the bathroom needed a good bucket full of bleach and a 1 hell of a cleaner to get this lot clean! by the side of my bed was damp climing up the wall, the curtains were hanging off the rails and to top it all the veiw was just rubbish looking at a banking.... lucky my 2 year old daughter couldnt come with us as she was ill as she would have ended up on a pull out chair bed... we got up at 8am in the morning after having only 2 hrs sleep to go and have breakfast which was terrible, runny jams, bread with rock hard butter that u could not spread and boiled eggs that take 10 mins to peel my husband went up for more bread to be greeted by a few ants on the table, this is no joke! the only thing this hotel has going for it is the pool. we were so disgusted we checked straight out and looked for another hotel which was st nicholas gardens appartments. well i must say wish i had booked this in the 1st place. the appartments were lovely and clean and the food was great! so my advice on the destan dont book it folks!!!

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled with family
3  Thank karenparfitt005
Reviewed 25 September 2010

The only problems that I have ever been aware of at The Destan Hotel, are those generated by disrespectful, ill mannered, disgustingly behaved, obnoxious and ignorant British tourists. My initial response to the "prisoner of war camp" review, was to request that it be removed from the site. However, anyone with a semblance of intellect would be able to work out that the author of the said review quite obviously fits in to the above catagory.
I have always found the Turkish to be extremely accomodating, often going out of their way to make us tourists feel welcome and have a good holiday. What I love about visiting their country is the fact that while at times, they have to compomise their beliefs in order to cater for our very different cultural needs, the Turkish culture remains paramount.
The Destan Hotel is a lovely place to stay in an equally lovely resort. I have met many friendly, nice people there -both British and Turkish!

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled solo
1  Thank weakwilledwendy
Reviewed 25 September 2010

we have just spent a week at DESTAN and it was a very nice hotel. We had a great room with a pool view and it was very clean. The maintenance staff cleaned the pool everynight and took samples of the pool water to test. The staff were very friendly and very helpful. The hotel is situated in a great place, (no hills to climb, like many of the other hotels in the area)We had a great holiday and would go to this hotel again...thank you

Reviewed 17 September 2010

Before i travelled to Turkey most people advised me not to go?! But loved it and will more than likely return next year! we stayed in the Destan Hotel in Hisaronu, this hotel caters for either Bed & Breakfast or Half Board. Please do not expect a full English for your Breakfast as ALL hotels in this area is tyipical turkish food, although i am a fussy eater and did not go hungry.. you can easy pick up a full english in the cafe's or restaurants for cheapest of 5.00TL = £2.50ish there are 2 pools to this hotel both a good size. The hotel is a 2 minute walk into the centre - so close - but although this is so close you cannot here the music from the town. All, the Staff are so friendly and welcoming to you. The rooms are basic but very clean... if your like me as long its a roof over your head but clean then perfect, its more about the sun and holiday than the room!! there are also dolmous buses that run every 5 mins into Olu Denize Beach which i would recommend a trip too for 2.50TL each person each way.. Overall i loved my holiday and was sad it came to an end. i will be going back next year without a doubt!

1  Thank SamStreet
Reviewed 15 September 2010

we had a great time at the destan. rooms were very cleane and very spacious. the pool was great, plenty of sunbeds and you didnt have to go down early to put your towel out.
the hotel is situated in a great position, right on the edge of the centre.
fantastic place and a super duper holiday. will be returning next year.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank sharonBolton
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fethiye
Telmessos Hotel
Telmessos Select
Telmessos Select
#95 of 102 in Oludeniz
The Pine Hill Hotel & Suites

Been to Hotel Destan? Share your experiences!