“wouldn't ever go back to destan in a million years.”
Review of Hotel Destan

Hotel Destan
Ranked #80 of 101 Hotels in Fethiye
Southampton, United Kingdom
“wouldn't ever go back to destan in a million years.”
Reviewed 15 November 2010

We went to the Destan in July this year and the hotel was the worst part of the holiday. The staff was so rude and couldn’t even speak a word of English, the so called manager was a complete idiot and I don’t even think he even knew how to even run the hotel. The food was disgusting and if you are a vegetarian than there’s not a lot you can eat unless you want a plate of carbs or lettuce soup!!!
We arrived early in the morning and went to the reception to find one of the managers asleep in the reception and this is where the holiday started to go downhill. As there were three of us but only two booked through a travel agent and one booked independently, they apparently didn’t have her booking and there was only two booked in. When we booked the hotel we asked to have a room facing the pool if possible and obviously for three people but as they had messed the booking up and booked one of us in the day before and that was why they thought there was only two of us but as we started to talk to some of the other people around the pool we had found out that, it has happened to them as well. The rooms are basic and it’s what you pay for even though there was confusion first of all in the end we did get a nice room and it was okay.
There was two entertainers that were always around the pool and they were lovely a highlight of the holiday really but unfortunately half way through the second week they had left and that was the end of the fun and entertainment around the pool. One of the nights we got dragged into having dinner at the hotel we paid 10 lira for a buffet and wine which sounded like it was worth the money. We came down to dinner, the food was disgusting and all I ate was a bread roll and my friends ate the chips and some bread and that’s all we had for dinner and some cheap wine, which we ended up leaving. We spoke to people who were half board at the hotel and they said they were never offered a bottle of wine it was only for people who didn’t eat at the hotel which was unfair on all accounts. The breakfast was terrible, we only had it once in the two weeks we were there for and I’m sure that talks for its self. The night life is great in hisaronu especially grand boozey, one of the best bars along the strip around 11 oclock at night everything starts getting lively and before that there is families walking around with their children which in some cases was embarrassing. Apart from that the area its self is lovely but I wouldn’t ever go back to the Destan hotel ever as it is terrible.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with friends
6 Thank stephanie030

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
  • Turkish first
Nottingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 October 2010

I cannot believe the bad reviews this hotel keeps getting.I have just had two weeks there and I was surprised.Excellent Hotel. Nice room, very clean,[cleaners in every day].
Pool area well kept and clean.We found staff very friendly.
On the fifth day of our holiday I was taken ill and unable to leave my room for five days.
The service from the staff was brilliant. The Guest Relations lady, Nurhan. made herbal tea for my illness, a very nice and helpful young lady. Feret the waiter brought food to our room for my wife and I.
The cleaners, especially Gumden, were very friendly and always asking if I was well and
although she knew very little English and I can't speak Turkish we had a lot of laughs
together.
When I had recovered, Beckir, the chap running the poolside bar kept my spirits up
with large gin and tonics.
A very intelligent young man who spoke impeccable English.
Breakfast was alright but it would have been better if fruit had also been available.
The Hotel was excellent and I would happily recommend it to my family and friends.
Be prepared to make the effort to converse with the staff, they are friendly.
Small phrases, in Turkish, like good morning and please and thank you goes a long way.
Barry and Liz.. 3rdSeptember - 18th September 2010.

2 Thank duchess40
gloucester
Reviewed 12 October 2010

we stayed for 2 weeks and on the second week they closed bar and turned off filter for pool we paid for english breakfast and the sausages and bacon were gone off i had to fight to get my money back. Our toilet leeked all the time and we had to paddle to use loo in the end we had to keep turning the water on and off the only plus side to this hotel was location, i would not stay here again i just felt sorry for people who paid about £300 pound more than us through travel companys i booked all mine seperate so got a good deal i paid £65.05 for 2 of us for 2 weeks b&b so i got a batgain compared to most people if i had to pay what everyone else did i would of been complaining left right and centre but even the people that complained go no luck, this is not a nice hotel and thete are far better ones with just as good location, i would not even give this a hotel a 1 star

3 Thank jewelsholder

Travellers are raving about these Fethiye hotels

Cardiff, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 September 2010

we booked in at the destan hotel in september 2010, we checked in at 5am so were very tired after traveling all night! upon arival we checked in and were lead downto flighs of stairs into a very dark hall way to our room 105, we were disgusted with the room how the hell they can call this a 3* is beonde me? the shower was black with mould, the toilet had all black stripes down the pan, the shower head i dont think its ever been cleaned to be honest and the soap dish was hanging off the wall, the bathroom needed a good bucket full of bleach and a 1 hell of a cleaner to get this lot clean! by the side of my bed was damp climing up the wall, the curtains were hanging off the rails and to top it all the veiw was just rubbish looking at a banking.... lucky my 2 year old daughter couldnt come with us as she was ill as she would have ended up on a pull out chair bed... we got up at 8am in the morning after having only 2 hrs sleep to go and have breakfast which was terrible, runny jams, bread with rock hard butter that u could not spread and boiled eggs that take 10 mins to peel my husband went up for more bread to be greeted by a few ants on the table, this is no joke! the only thing this hotel has going for it is the pool. we were so disgusted we checked straight out and looked for another hotel which was st nicholas gardens appartments. well i must say wish i had booked this in the 1st place. the appartments were lovely and clean and the food was great! so my advice on the destan dont book it folks!!!

• Stayed September 2010, travelled with family
3 Thank karenparfitt005
Plymouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 September 2010

The only problems that I have ever been aware of at The Destan Hotel, are those generated by disrespectful, ill mannered, disgustingly behaved, obnoxious and ignorant British tourists. My initial response to the "prisoner of war camp" review, was to request that it be removed from the site. However, anyone with a semblance of intellect would be able to work out that the author of the said review quite obviously fits in to the above catagory.
I have always found the Turkish to be extremely accomodating, often going out of their way to make us tourists feel welcome and have a good holiday. What I love about visiting their country is the fact that while at times, they have to compomise their beliefs in order to cater for our very different cultural needs, the Turkish culture remains paramount.
The Destan Hotel is a lovely place to stay in an equally lovely resort. I have met many friendly, nice people there -both British and Turkish!

• Stayed September 2010, travelled solo
1 Thank weakwilledwendy
Plymouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 September 2010

we have just spent a week at DESTAN and it was a very nice hotel. We had a great room with a pool view and it was very clean. The maintenance staff cleaned the pool everynight and took samples of the pool water to test. The staff were very friendly and very helpful. The hotel is situated in a great place, (no hills to climb, like many of the other hotels in the area)We had a great holiday and would go to this hotel again...thank you

Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 September 2010

Before i travelled to Turkey most people advised me not to go?! But loved it and will more than likely return next year! we stayed in the Destan Hotel in Hisaronu, this hotel caters for either Bed & Breakfast or Half Board. Please do not expect a full English for your Breakfast as ALL hotels in this area is tyipical turkish food, although i am a fussy eater and did not go hungry.. you can easy pick up a full english in the cafe's or restaurants for cheapest of 5.00TL = £2.50ish there are 2 pools to this hotel both a good size. The hotel is a 2 minute walk into the centre - so close - but although this is so close you cannot here the music from the town. All, the Staff are so friendly and welcoming to you. The rooms are basic but very clean... if your like me as long its a roof over your head but clean then perfect, its more about the sun and holiday than the room!! there are also dolmous buses that run every 5 mins into Olu Denize Beach which i would recommend a trip too for 2.50TL each person each way.. Overall i loved my holiday and was sad it came to an end. i will be going back next year without a doubt!

1 Thank SamStreet
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fethiye
Ocean Blue High Class Hotel
The Pine Hill Hotel & Suites
Tolay Hotel
Tolay Hotel
#56 of 103 in Oludeniz

Been to Hotel Destan? Share your experiences!