“Basic rooms with amazing service and location”
Review of Imparator Hotel

Imparator Hotel
Ranked #32 of 102 Hotels in Fethiye
Reviewed 20 September 2011

The Imparator hotel Oludeniz is a budget hotel, and should be reviewed as such. I don’t know how people can complain about £20-£25 a night, double room with breakfast hotels, which charge extra for air conditioning? I find this unreasonable and unfair.

I found my (basic) room and bathroom to be fully functional and very clean for the entire stay with the pool area was comfortable and well maintained. The (basic) breakfast was perfectly adequate to start the day before venturing out to the dedicated restaurants of Turkey for lunch. The hotel is in the heart of Oludeniz which gives great access to the beaches and surrounding coastal areas.

The area in which this budget hotel excels is the welcome that you receive on arrival, at the start of each day, and when you return from daily adventures. This respect seems to be given to each and every guest that stays in the hotel, by staff that care whether you are having a good time in their country. From the reception staff, bar staff and table clearers, everyone has smile and courteous word. I only wish I could get service like this from establishments that charge five times more than the Imparator.

Room Tip: The bar is can be pretty loud in the evenings for light sleepers. Try to stay in the back blocks aw...
1  Thank Chicky682

Reviewed 20 September 2011

Me and my boyfriend have just got back from staying in this hotel in olu deniz. it was absoloutly brilliant!. neither of us wanted to leave. The hotel staff are such a friendly family. Help you with all problems and concerns you may have. The rooms were a perfect size, just not much room for clothing space. the breackfast is amazing and the food dishes are also superb. Theres plenty of sun loungers around the pool so no need to be up at crack-of-dawn to reserve one. we would definately recomend this hotel to and one looking for a quiet break its not noisy at all, more of a coupples and family hotel. perfect little get away. its a 5 min walk to the main shopping street and at the end of that street is the main beach. beautiful clear waters, and 5 minuets left is the blue lagoon, brilliant scenery and activitys to enjoy, all for a small amount of money.

Emily & Paul - Preston.

Room Tip: The ground floor balconys dont get much sunlight, i'd recoment a secong or third floor room.
1  Thank Emily28071992
Reviewed 19 September 2011

I have just returned from a week at the Imparator and I can't believe the last two reviews - I can't say enough about the place. The staff are so friendly and hard-working, they will do anything for you, including making me a sucuk toastie which wasn't even on the menu, I can only assume they got it out their personal fridge. The room was smallish I suppose but big enough for a double or twin set up and we only used it to go to sleep in..! Plus the bathroom was clean and the shower had excellent water pressure and hot water, which is a massive plus in my book. A few people here are complaining about being near the bar at night but i'm sure they would move you no problem if you asked, we asked for a few things throughout the week - different pillows, some glasses, toilet roll etc, and they were delivered to our room in 5 minutes. Yes air con is extra but from what we gathered it is in most hotels, the grounds are absolutely beautiful, clean etc and you can tell the staff really care about it, they were telling us about all the improvements they had made last winter after guest comments. The pool area is very well kept, always plenty of sunbeds, and the food from the kitchen is fresh and abundant - the chicken salad will do 3 people for lunch!! We met some guests there that were returning for the second time and some for the 4th, I think that speaks for itself. This was our first "package holiday" and we really couldn't have been happier with it, i'm sure we'll go back to olu deniz at some point and if we did we would absolutely stay here. (I'm also not sure why it is listed as fethiye on trip advisor, it is two mins from the main strip in olu deniz, location is perfect for dolmus' to hisaronu / fethiye)

Reviewed 15 September 2011

stayed at hotel for two weeks. staff very good harry jake jimmy. cook done great meals. rooms cleaned every day.beach is close by.phillips restaraunt round corner from hotel a must.for small hotel was very good.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 September 2011

Not sure whether the hotel or resort were worse. We travelled with Tomson having asked for a week in a quiet small boutique hotel in a small cultural resort / area of Turkey. We arrived at 2am and got a double bed instead of a twin so were immediately on the move. Having unpacked in the new room and got into bed to discover we had no sheets just a bedspraed. I was so tired I slept under my beach towel!
The music was still going in the pool bar and despite being a block back I had to put the ear plugs in.
Breakfast was awful. Where is all the fresh fruit? If you like lots of cheese, salad and cake for breakfast then you will be fine and I am sure te orange juice was powered!
We only tried to stay at the pool on one day. the music was so loud I could not even concentrate on reading my book and relaxing. Myself, friend and 2 others complained and eventually we were told 'this is a pool bar not a hospital' 'try the beach'....how rude!!! we walked to the beach every day after that although I still could not sleep at night until the bar music went off even though we complained to the rep.
Also the AC and safety deposit costs are a rip off...£4 and £3 respectively...that was £49 for the week!! When they chucked us out the room on the last day I tried to get a day's money back as we had arrived at 2am and therefore had not had 7 days...apparently they charge 12 noon to midday - very convient.
If you like a man made British speaking and british food restaurants wit loud music and karoke ten tis will be for you....if not don't go as I tougt it a nigtmare!

Room Tip: away from te pool
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank WalesStar
Reviewed 1 September 2011

We booked our holiday through Thomson. We were open minded, expecting a low budget and very basic hotel B&B and to be honest, after reading some good reviews on here felt confident with our choice of hotel. Arriving at the hotel at 4am'ish, all exhausted and my feeling even more so being 6 months pregnant were looking forward to some much needed rest. Our 2 x twin rooms were awful. The bathrooms stank, and I mean really stank of urine. The bed sheets were filthy and also stank. The walls were heavily splash stained in something I dare not think to describe and were dark, dingy and just really smelly and dirty. We had no choice but to grab some sleep until daylight and then checked out. Having booked through Thompson, they were only to happy to book us into and nearby hotel but only after charging us 370.00 for accomodation all over again plus an extra 50.00 admin charge.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank sallybally1
Reviewed 25 August 2011

We've just returned from a week at the Imparator Hotel in Olu Deniz (not sure why it's classed as Fetiyhe on Trip Advisor as is defintiely in Olu Deniz and very close to everything)
The Hotel was great, clean basic rooms which were cleaned daily. There are several blocks of rooms, we were in one furthest from the Pool area on the top floor, so were really pleased with the lovely view we got and extended sunshine as we were south facing.
The only thing about the room that we would comment on is the bed was a little on the hard side - which is personal preference, not a fault of the hotel.
You pay extra at the hotel for using a safe deposit box and air conditioning - from memory the air con was £4 a night and Safe was £3 a night.
The pool area was always kept very clean and tidy and the pool was very nice for chilling out around with lovely views of the mountains - there's a couple of raised areas with carpets/cushions if you really feel like lounging around.
Hotel was quiet when we were there so there was always sunbeds available.
Breakfast was fine - I particularly liked the cold eggy bread - took me back to my school days :) but there was always lovely fresh bread, hard boiled eggs, cake and pastries plus cheeses & salad stuff which we didn't really try. I would take your own tea bags if you're a tea connoisseur - as they served it ready brewed out of an urn and was a bit too stewed!
We only ate once at the hotel at lunchtime for a snack - the menu seemed fairly fast food orientated, but it was very nice and tasty none the less and not too expensive.
The staff were always very friendly and the three lads that there were always around worked incredibly hard but always had a smile on their face and took the time to say hello, which was really nice.
It was my second visit to Olu Deniz and my Girlfriends (now Fiancee - as I proposed while we were there) 1st visit. I really enjoy the area - there's some lovely places to eat - Buzz Bar was our particular favourite, but also Antique Restaurant was nice. The scenery is fantastic and we found the locals very friendly.

Room Tip: If you're able to specify ask for one of the rooms in the back blocks as the balcony's are s...
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple