“Consistently high standards”

Ranked #22 of 102 Hotels in Fethiye
London, United Kingdom
“Consistently high standards”
Reviewed 30 August 2014

This is our third visit to this wonderful Hotel in the last nine years. Absolutely faultless from the outset. Very friendly polite staff and all areas were always clean and tidy. The rooms have been updated and have new bathrooms. Excellent value for money. This is one of the few hotels that does not have loud annoying music. However there are a couple nearby but on the whole this is still a very peaceful location but within a short walk of all the action and the glorious turquoise sea. Olu Deniz has had a few disco type bars that seem to have crept in, which before were only to be found in Hisaronu. Other than that this is a still a fabulous resort that has something for everyone. So the Imparator is a highly recommended Hotel and we would obviously stay again if we visit Olu Deniz again. Thank you to you all.

Room Tip: High rooms are most desirable.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
11 Thank whiteprince

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (96)
  • Turkish first
Wigan, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 August 2014

We've just returned from our 2 week break in Olu Deniz, it was the first time we've taken the family with us and they were all as impressed as we were. The holiday is lovely and clean and the family really helpful and friendly. The food was ok and as earlier posts mentioned, the food & drinks prices are higher than on the strip but then you pay for the convenience of being able to wander around in your swimwear.

Olu Deniz itself is beautiful, outstanding and awe inspiring. Head for the Blue Lagoon early in the day if you want to avoid the 'typical' british families (I'm sure you know the type), it's a stunning place - especially without screaming kids and shouty parents!

We've stayed at the Hotel Imparator before and would stay there again, it's a well run and well placed establishment

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
5 Thank Sarah R
Reviewed 20 August 2014 via mobile

Firstly I hadn't read any reviews prior to our holiday.
On arrival: we arrived late ish in the evening to find our 2 rooms were in separate blocks. We asked for rooms next to each other as there were 2 adults & 2 children & within a day they arranged this so we could then unpack & start our hols.

We paid in cash for Air Con x 2 rooms (£4per day each) & 1 safe(think it was £3 or £4 per day) (although this isn't cheap air con crucial to us with temps almost 50 some days). We asked for a receipt so there would be no confusion checking out.

Hotel:
We had rooms on the 3rd floor at the back(we wanted quiet) the balconies are small but had nice side views of the pool & sea in the distance.
Rooms were very clean & the bathrooms looked new. Great shower.
A refreshing change not having to get up at the crack of dawn for sun beds: they were always available.
Nice pool,poolside bar serving snacks & drinks.
**we paid for any food,drinks,ice creams etc as we go(as this is what we always do). Other guests did mention that guests checking out we're presented with bar bills that they hadn't had.
On checking out we were presented with a bar bill which my husband said wasn't ours,the lady accepted this but I did note an edge to her voice which wasn't very nice but as it was resolved & it was our last day I thought no more of it.
With this in mind my recommendation would be to pay as you go then if you are presented with bills you can say it's not yours(they do know which guests pay them as they serve you every day).

Breakfast:
Served 8-10a.m
Typical Turkish- bread,jam,hard-boiled eggs,olives,cheese,water melon etc. Bread is lovely & there is a toaster.
Tea & squash very strong. Would be nice if there was cereal especially for the children.
A suggestion for the eating area would be a Non Smoking area as at Breakfast many guests smoked which did prevent me going for breakfast most mornings. This happened a lot during the day & although I appreciate peoples rights to do that,there are those of us who don't want to eat their meals whilst people smoke on tables each side of them. I'm not blaming the hotel but it's just a suggestion.

An big positive for this hotel is the quiet background music playing instead of loud,blaring repetitive music whilst you try to relax by the pool(we've stayed at some hotels where the noise has spoilt our hol). So a big thank-you to the owners for keeping it relaxing :-)

Hotel location is central to the 'strip' where there are many restaurants,shops,bars etc but far enough away to not be affected by noise.
Not far to walk to the sea front(where the para gliders land) & further along to the beautiful lagoon(small entrance fee) but in my opinion well worth it-stunning views of the mountain,shallow clear water....

Around & About:
Phillips bar do nice breakfasts & have PG tips if you ask :-)
Up the hill in Hisaranu,we found it a bit cooler(as it's higher up there can be a bit of a breeze).
Lots of restaurants,shops,bars,a funfair,go carts etc so lots to see & do.
Lovely sunset from Shanghai Blue back terrace; delicious Indian food at the Curry Palace plus lots more very nice eateries( we love the 'blow up' bread with garlic butter)- I could eat it now ;-)
Wags Bags opposite 'Azda' so friendly & lots to chose from.
We found prices cheaper in Hisaranu than Olu.
Hisaranu's market is on a Monday- make sure you barter to at least half the price they start with lol
Fethiye's huge market is on a Tuesday (the dolmus buses run there & back) it's very very hot so I suggest bottles of cold water as we have seen people faint.
Fethiye harbour is lovely,huge turtles can be spotted if you're lucky. Fethiye has many places to eat & traditional shops/bazaars & a big shiny new shopping mall.

All in all we've stayed in Olu,Hisaranu/Ovacik on many occasions. We love it- generally he people are lovely,the weather is gorgeous & there is so much to see & do.
Boat trips & the jeep safari are always popular with us.

To conclude (sorry it's so long):
Overall we had a fabulous holiday staying at the Imparator hotel in Olu Deniz.

We would definitely stay here again,( the 2 young lads who work at the hotel morn til late at night were a credit to the hotel- they never stopped).
In our experience the family & staff were friendly,my children loved playing pool with the owners little lad. Thanks for a great hol
Long may this continue as ultimately all anyone wants is to be happy & feel looked after especially on their hols

Stayed August 2014
9 Thank Lad7
Bathford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 August 2014

It was first time going on holiday in Turkey and I'm so glad I chose to stay at Hotel Imparator. The hotel was so clean, good sized rooms, lovely friendly staff and a perfect pool area with 24 hour reception. All staff at the hotel were always happy to help, chatty and always smiling. Rooms were cleaned regularly and all other areas of the hotel were also very tidy. By the bar was a pool table and big flat screen TV's for entertainment. Breakfast was a traditional Turkish breakfast, which was always out ready for guests to come and help themselves in the morning. Pool side was lovely, plenty of sun loungers and parasols and the pool was lovely and clean! At the bar there were plenty of drinks to choose from and had entertainment some evenings, for example Turkish dancers. Bar staff were helpful and easy to talk too! Wifi was also available. I'd recommend this hotel to anyone, families, couples or just a group of friends! It wasn't far from the main strip, consisting of, bars, restaurants and shops and about 5 minute walk from the beach! Overall I had a brilliant stay and would defiantly come back again!

Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank Rebekah J
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 August 2014 via mobile

Stayed here with my boyfriend for a week. Was dreading staying after reading the bad reviews but can honestly say its a lovely hotel. We never had any problems with any of the staff.
Ben the bar man is great..very friendly and is up for a laugh.
The family members was always working hard and always smiled at us so dont see what people's problems are!!
Yes there was 2 little boys who was playing in the pool who was family but so what. If I had a hotel id let my children play too...kids will be kids. They never once mivered the guests. The eldest one played pool with my fella and was a happy little boy. Plus he beat him haha.
The breakfast in the morning is a typical turkish breakfast but just remember your in turkey not England so dont moan!!
We never had a tab..always paid for whatever we had straight away so never no confusion.
Got to praise the 2 young lads that work there. .wow!! They work so hard and are very friendly.
I would stay there again as it was very quiet and relaxing. However I wouldnt take kids. More of a hotel for couples.

The strip was a 5 min walk if that and there are many great shops and restaurants. Also the blue lagoon was only 5 minute walk away.

Anyway overall we had a perfect relaxed holiday and cant say a bad thing about this hotel! YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR!

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
7 Thank hayleyharvey
Paignton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 August 2014

Me and my boyfriend stayed here for 10 nights in July/August. Overall i'd really recommend staying here. It's in a fantastic location, it's about a 5 minute walk, if that, to "the strip" (town) where you can find lots of restaurants, shops and bars and at the bottom of it is Oludeniz beach which is really nice as you have a choice whether you'd like to go beach for the day of stay by the pool. We only went to the beach once in our whole trip but that's because it was so so hot during our stay that it was cooler to stay by the pool - I don't recommend staying at peak season because I found it was too hot to fully enjoy (nothing to do with the hotel), i'd just recommend going a little out of season to avoid it being too hot to enjoy your holiday to the fullest. Also if you do visit the beach I strongly recommend taking beach/surf shoes with you as the beach is pebbles and is incredibly hard/hot to walk on with nothing on your feet.

Ben the barman is a good laugh, an attribute to the hotel - although sometimes you can wait a little while to get your drink, he can get distracted at times. Also something else to note is that i've seen on previous reviews others have said to pay for your food/drinks as you go to avoid confusion, well i'd also recommend doing this as there was a little confusion as to whether we'd paid for drinks that we actually had already paid for, so we paid as we went from that point on to avoid any further confusion.

The pool is a good size, the food on offer at the hotel is good. We never tried any meals during the evening so I can't vouch for those, but the lunch menu is good, good choice on offer and the buffet breakfast is good too, it was included in our price. Typical turkish breakfast, I mainly opted for buttered toast and a boiled egg.

The rooms have everything you need, they're basic, but you don't need anything more when you're on holiday. Bathrooms are good, like others have said, they've been refurbished and they are nice. Nice power shower. The only niggle I had with the bathroom, petty, but still, the toilet brush was really old and dirty - just not nice. If it was in your own house, you definitely would've replaced it by then, petty i know but just a niggle. One other niggle was regards to the maids that clean the rooms. On the first clean of our room cleans I returned to the room to find my eyelash curler was broken, it was 100% working when i'd last used it (the night before) so my advise to those if you want your room cleaned, you have to put the sign on your door to have the room cleaned, but before you leave it to be cleaned I recommend hiding or putting valuables in the safe. I think they clean the room is twos so unfortunately they may have a little look through things that are around.

Good points:

- Great location (Next to beach/town)
- Friendly barman (Welcoming, he's an attribute to the hotel)
- Free pool table (Although air hockey isn't)
- Clean rooms
- Good choice of food/drink available
- Small and friendly hotel

Not so good points:

- Snoopy maids, who sometimes forget to replace basics, like towels (they give you new towels every 3 days, but when they take the old ones, they sometimes forget to replace them).
- Tabs can become confusing for staff (paid/unpaid)
- Other members of staff not as friendly as Ben the barman (I found the maids scowled at me)
- Air con/safe is expensive (comparatively to where i've previously stayed)... we paid £70 for 10 nights for the safe and air con.
- Not adults only, so if there are lots of kids there it can be really busy.. not relaxing

Overall i'd recommend staying here - for a 2* hotel and what you pay to stay there it's great. We paid around £500 each for 10 nights bed and breakfast, flights included, so it's a pretty good price. It's got all you need, give it a go! :)

Room Tip: Room 314 is a room on the bottom floor with a sunken balcony
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Gemma S
Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 August 2014 via mobile

Nice enough hotel, the only downside for me personally that there really are a lot of small children in the pool most of the time, which doesn't really make for a relaxing bathe.
Having said that, the room was clean, the breakfasts exactly what you'd expect and the place is fairly quiet at night

Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
6 Thank Phil C
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fethiye
Flora Palm Resort
#41 of 103 in Oludeniz
Mavi Belce
Mavi Belce
#72 of 103 in Oludeniz

Been to Imparator Hotel? Share your experiences!