“Bad Hotel Manager”

Ranked #32 of 101 Hotels in Fethiye
san francisco
“Bad Hotel Manager”
Reviewed 27 October 2012

I booked a private room at V-Go with 2 twin beds. The room itself was plain but it was comfortable enough for me as a single traveler. This is a perfect place to stay if you want to party and drink. If you are looking for a quiet place, this isn't it.
I am giving v-go a low rating because of the manager, sezar. This guy is the worst manager ever. How he ever got to manage this place is beyond me. He overbooked the hotel and had so many unhappy travelers who had no place to stay once they arrived at the hotel. Basically according to sezar, he booked another hotel (a 4 star hotel) and had to pay some money out of his own pocket in order to accommodate the travelers that didn't have a room. He didn't even show any sympathy to these travelers. He supposedly gets a discounted rate at other hotels because he has done business with them for years so he only pays little out of his own pocket. That's what he told me so I guess he just didn't care.
Sezar asked me to give up my private room in order to put some of these other travelers in my room because he screwed up by overbooking the hotel. I was stupid enough to agree to it. I ended up in a co-ed dorm room with 6 beds. In exchange for giving up my private room, I was offered lunch and dinner which amounted to 30 liras, around $16 USD. I didn't realize the dorm room was co-ed and was very uncomfortable with this living arrangement. I assumed it was an all female dorm room but it was co-ed with another couple that was displaying some questionable PDA. That really bothered me so I went to sezar and said I want to stay at another place. He offered to book me at a 4 star hotel that he booked other travelers at. However, he refused to pay. I did not pay 30 liras for a private room for 1 night. He got upset because he thought I was trying to get free lunch and dinner and free accommodation. A private room does not cost $16 USD at V-Go, ok? I mean seriously. In the end, I didn't pay for the 4 star hotel and neither did sezar. The tour company that I booked the hotel through paid for it.
Sezar is such a bad manager, it just made my whole experience at Fethiye go downhill. I really hope he gets fired. He should not be a manage period. All he wants to do is party with the travelers and he asked me to call him if I saw any guests arriving because he wasn't downstairs in the lobby. He was upstairs chatting it up with travelers by the bar. What a loser.
Also, please DO NOT book any tours (paragliding, horse riding, 12 island tours) at V-Go. Their rates are always higher. There are so many places to book these tours outside at a much better rate. That was my mistake. I won't be coming back to V-Go that's for sure!

• Stayed September 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank achoo88

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 19 October 2012

A solid accommodation option for the price, not too far from town, nice pool, clean rooms and high quality food, from the breakfast to the lunch and dinner options. The downsides, the staff can be surly, our room was never changed when we were there and we had to request toilet paper as it had run out. Our room was at the far end so the wifi didn't work in the room.

Room Tip: The furthest from the bar if you wish to sleep.
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Rob T
Ios, Greece
Reviewed 17 October 2012

nice place with pool to cool off in. close to town about a ten minute walk. clean rooms, with nice showers. good social place with a bbq and a down stairs club open on weekends. the people who work here are very nice and made my stay enjoyable.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled solo
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 October 2012

I stayed with the y guys in august. All of the staff offred excellent service and were very helpful except the silly ozzy girl?.
I had loads to eat for breakfast and felt safe and comfy all of the time.
Yes they have a few problems form time to time with maintenance but they all do a great job. A chap called Ahmed was alwasy very helpful and i cant wait to get back again next summer.
Cheers guys

• Stayed August 2012, travelled solo
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 8 October 2012 via mobile

Depending on the room you get it may be worth it but we ended up in a family suite on the top floor where the ceiling low and I hit my head several times (I'm only 6ft). The shower was so small you cannot bend down to wash your feet.

The staff was pleasant and willingly moved us to another room on the second night. They were courteous but not particularly service oriented and could have cared less if you were there or not. For the price of a double it was not worth it. Other friends stayed in a dorm room and for the price difference I would say that is a better value by far.

• Stayed September 2012
1 Thank mjdubb
Hastings
Reviewed 27 September 2012

Me and my partner stayed here for two week in September 2012 and we had a lovely time. The view of the harbour was amazing and the hotel and room had all your basic needs. The pool area was clean and the breakfast was nice too. It is a bit of a walk from the town (about 20 mins in the morning when it isn't too hot) or a short bus ride which is 2ytl each way.

The only downside is that the first four days we were there we did not have a maid clean our room, or even make the bed, but this didn't matter that much as it wasn't that dirty so it didn't really need it (that may have been why).

I would stay here again and recommend it to friends, but not to families. The ideal customers would be young couples or friends who like to relax and not hear loud music all night (except Friday's where they have a Turkish night which is quite loud). Other than that it is very quiet, there is a Mosque near, but isn't that loud.

Room Tip: 208 or 207 are the best as they have sea views, but may be more noisy as they are above the bar area...
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Ashbates91
Boston
Reviewed 26 September 2012

We went with another couple who stayed in a different building and had a horrible experience. This review is based on our room and our experience. Our room was modern, clean and spacious. We did not hear through our windows or doors. The shower was very comfortable and I loved the vanity area to do my hair and makeup.

The pool was nice and clean and there were plenty of sunbeds

The breakfast was typical Turkish cuisine but I loved the fried cheese pastries. They were delicious!

Some of the staff was friendlier than others. You were always encouraged to try their BBQ dinner.

We got a great deal on booking.com which pretty much was half off the regular rate.

The hotel was a bit of a walk to downtown area, some days we walked and somedays we paid the 2 liras to take the orange shuttle.

The view of the harbor from the patio was beautiful.

Room Tip: Choose a room in the new building by the top of the stairs
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple