“Caretta is the perfect place to make your holiday last forever!”

Caretta Apart Hotel
Ranked #14 of 101 Hotels in Fethiye
Reviewed 11 May 2011

Ever since I moved to Turkey in 2009 and then more permanently after I married in 2010 my family have been coming to see me twice a year. I needed to find a place for them to stay that was near to the beach and restaurants, dolmus stops (bus that runs everywhere) and that was comfortable, clean and friendly. I stumbled across Caretta, luckily! and my family have been coming to Caretta every time they visit me. I actually live in the centre of Fethiye by the harbour and Caretta is located in Calis (pronounced ch) which is only 5 minutes by dolmus and costs next to nothing. Caretta is such a homely, relaxed, friendly apart hotel and Dr Can and Mary and their son Cem have become good friends of not only myself but also my family. My husband and myself even invited them all to our wedding in 2010, to which Dr Can offered his car as a wedding car for us and even decorated it accordingly....something you would never expect in a million years from your average holiday rental place! Everyone we ever meet at Caretta returns year after year and has been going to see Jan and Mary for many many years. Caretta's location really is perfect! its by the dolmus stop, but is still quiet (it really is) and is 10 minutes walk to the beach and restaurants, through gardens, and is also only 5 odd minutes to the centre of Fethiye, so not only is Carretta perfectly situated, it is everything I believe a first timer to Turkey needs and I guarantee you will keep on coming back! Great place!

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JKobul

Reviewed 9 May 2011

we in fact stayed here in 2008 and have finally got around to re booking for this year. when going abroad we never got the same place twice as we dont get away enough. yet here we are like bees round a honeypot drawn back to this great friendly little hotel.
very difficult to write a review as cant put my finger on what the magic.
instantly arriving at the hotel i felt although i had arrived back at home again. the difference being i was in an amazing climate. 2 minute walk form the beach with its great views and sunset to die for, and surrounded by staff and other guests who it felt as though i had known them for years. owners cam 'doctor john' and mary are genuinely really nice people that just want you too enjoy yourself and relax.
the rooms are massive and were reasonably priced. we took two young girls with us and they loved it and so excited about our return. one example of the little bits of magic,of which there are many, was the cleaners they come in daily and clean and sort the beds, as you would expect, but they would dress the girls dolls up in different outfits, or hide one for fun, brilliant.
bar and resturant offer very good service with food from pizza up to the best turkish dishes. with small children we were concerned about food in turkey the first time, how wrong can you be, the hotel and nearby calis beach has food that is far better than most over here.
the surrounding area is great. loads to do. water park 1 minute away, beach, dolmus bus stops outside. to whisk you to fethiye, olu deniz and beyond.
the boat trips form fethiye are amazing and a must.
i have recommended this hotel to friends. they came back with the same opinion. its great. thanks john and mary for great memories. see you again very soon

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank alanlisa1969
Reviewed 28 April 2011

A home from home, 6 years ago i would not have drempt of going to Turkey, now i would not go anywhere else and i would not want to stop anywhere else but at the Caretta apartments.

The apartments are clean and spacious and well furnished. The pool is a good size with plenty of sunbeds, even your beach towels are provided. The food is excellent and the bar well stocked.

Then we come to the staff........................what can i say? I have never stopped anywhere were i have been made to feel more welcom Can, or as he is more commonly known Dr John is an absolute gentleman, nothing is to much of a problem for him, he will organise anything from a cup of tea to a trip to the beach. Mary his wife is equally as helpful. Jan Dr John and Marys son looks after the bar and is always good for laugh as he refills your glass....................many times.

Going back to the Caretta apartments is like going to an old friends house rather than going to a hotel, you will see many people returning year after year and sometimes making more than one visit per year and i think that speaks volumes for place.

Dr John once told me that around 75% of his customers, or as he calls then friends make a return visit.......................need i say more.

Keep up the good work Dr John, cant wait for our next visit.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 April 2011

We have just booked again this will be our 3rd visit to Caretta Apartments, the first time we had 10nts, the 2nd visit 10 nts and in August 2011 we are staying for 15nts. The Caretta Apartments are very well located for everything, the apartments are extremely clean and the housekeeper makes sure you have everything you require - you just need to ask. John and Mary make you so welcome and tell you to enjoy and relax because you are on holiday - what I like is they order my husband to carry the beach bag everyday.
We are very well looked after during our stay and if you want anything John and Mary will go out of their way to make it happen.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 April 2011

First time to this hotel me and my daughter 13 years old,arrived at daliman airport early hours and transfers spot on,had a lovely relaxing week in a clean friendly family run apart/hotel,lovely beach just a few mins away and good food and shops,liked so much have booked aug again and will be taken some friends as well.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 April 2011

I saw this hotel on the internet and enquired if they had rooms available, the owner, John, rang me in Ireland the following day and stated he could accomadate my wife and I. A few weeks later we duly arrived in Turkey and were collected by Cem, Johns' son. As soon as we arrived at the hotel we were made more than welcome by John and his wife Mary.

During our few weeks there we were well looked after and had an excellent holiday with John helping us with any queries that we had, the rooms were kept spotless and were cleaned every day, the bar facilities were excellent and they used a system that involved purchasing a voucher and everytime you got drinks the appropiate amout was deducted from the voucher, a great system which meant that you did not have to carry cash with you all the time.

The hotel is located close to the town and beaches and is adjacent to the local bus stop and it is also on the Dolmus route, therefore getting around the area was no problem. There was a large swimming pool along with an outdoor jacuzzi beside it, fresh towels were provided in the room for use on the numerous sun loungers around the pool.

The meals were of an excellent standard, the menu was extensive and the food was served within the pleseant surrounding of the hotel. Food was available all day from breakfast time to evening and bar snacks along with ice cream, soft drinks, beer etc were available throughout the day. The bar stayed open late in the evening and the atmosphere was relaxed and friendly.

We had a wonderful time at the Caretta and thoroughly enjoyed our stay there and would certainly highly recommend it to other travellers, we look forward to calling in at the Carreta shortly.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Alan-Ona
Reviewed 26 April 2011

The Caretta Apartments are for most people, a home from home, with everything necessary to make your holiday the experience that you want. Whether it be quiet, or by being part of the 'family' trips that are organised by Dr John, the choice is yours. Everything possible is done by John, his family and staff to make your holiday special. The rooms are spacious with balconies. They have a small kitchen area with two to four rings for cooking. There is a fridge, toaster and kettle and a selection of crockery and cutlery.supplied and if required the use of an iron and ironing board. The maids will do a washing for you for a small charge. The swimming pool is small and you can get splashed with water if the children are jumping into the pool. The apartments are situated a short walk away from the town centre which makes them very quiet although there is evening entertainment provided by Dr John from Bingo to Belly Dancing but not every night so you can have a quiet drink at the bar if that is what takes your fancy. I used to come to these apartments with my husband but now that I am on my own, I still find that a welcome awaits me from guests that I have met over the years. Dont hesitate to book your visit here, otherwise you wont get in....İt is so popular that people return year after year!!!!!

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled solo