“Nothing was to much trouble”

Caretta Apart Hotel
Ranked #13 of 102 Hotels in Fethiye
Reviewed 20 May 2011

First time at the Caretta, but already booked two more trips for later in the year. Can and Mary are lovely and all the staff are equally friendly and helpful. There are a lot of return visitors, "friends" as Dr Can calls us :) and this just added to the family feel of this lovely place.
The room had all you could basically need, including a surprise hair dryer in the bathroom that I didn't expect in a self catering apartment. My room was lovely and large so it could easily sleep 4, even 5 as the bedroom had space to spare. The view from the 3rd floor looked out across rooftops and trees to the sea towards Fethiye on one side and the street, with mountains in the background on the other. The cleanliness of the place was second to none, my towels and bedding were changed at least 3 times in the 6 days I was there and handy to have beach towels supplied which saved me packing them! The pool had just been filled so too cold for me to dip into, but it was a good size for a dip and the bar next door provided a nice area to sit and have a drink or chat with other guests. All in all, the friendliest place I've stayed in.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled solo
2  Thank Karolee021

Reviewed 17 May 2011

My partner and i stayed last june as recommended by a family member, we didnt have to wait around at the airport, the service was good. We had been very much looking forward to getting away and were taken aback by such warmth and friendliness. We were made to feel very welcome for the beginning and nothing was too much trouble and because of this we felt more relaxed throughout our stay. Everybody else that was staying there had been there time and time again, it has a friendly community feel about the place and because of this we will be returning again this july with our family and cannot wait.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 May 2011

Caretta apart hotel is a very lovely place to stay, it's minutes away from the beach, and market and near the water taxi station to go and visit Fethyie! It is in a very ideal location and has magnificent views of the coastline. The staff are like extended family, who make sure your comfortable and happy at all times and even arrange trips for you! The Hotel is very family oreintated however there are nightclubs and a water parks not 10 minutes away for the teenagers, and they always have the friendly hotel dog that welcomes you when you arrive, overall John and Mary make the holiday perfect and the memories last forever. It's the perfect place to stay

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 May 2011

Ever since I moved to Turkey in 2009 and then more permanently after I married in 2010 my family have been coming to see me twice a year. I needed to find a place for them to stay that was near to the beach and restaurants, dolmus stops (bus that runs everywhere) and that was comfortable, clean and friendly. I stumbled across Caretta, luckily! and my family have been coming to Caretta every time they visit me. I actually live in the centre of Fethiye by the harbour and Caretta is located in Calis (pronounced ch) which is only 5 minutes by dolmus and costs next to nothing. Caretta is such a homely, relaxed, friendly apart hotel and Dr Can and Mary and their son Cem have become good friends of not only myself but also my family. My husband and myself even invited them all to our wedding in 2010, to which Dr Can offered his car as a wedding car for us and even decorated it accordingly....something you would never expect in a million years from your average holiday rental place! Everyone we ever meet at Caretta returns year after year and has been going to see Jan and Mary for many many years. Caretta's location really is perfect! its by the dolmus stop, but is still quiet (it really is) and is 10 minutes walk to the beach and restaurants, through gardens, and is also only 5 odd minutes to the centre of Fethiye, so not only is Carretta perfectly situated, it is everything I believe a first timer to Turkey needs and I guarantee you will keep on coming back! Great place!

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JKobul
Reviewed 9 May 2011

we in fact stayed here in 2008 and have finally got around to re booking for this year. when going abroad we never got the same place twice as we dont get away enough. yet here we are like bees round a honeypot drawn back to this great friendly little hotel.
very difficult to write a review as cant put my finger on what the magic.
instantly arriving at the hotel i felt although i had arrived back at home again. the difference being i was in an amazing climate. 2 minute walk form the beach with its great views and sunset to die for, and surrounded by staff and other guests who it felt as though i had known them for years. owners cam 'doctor john' and mary are genuinely really nice people that just want you too enjoy yourself and relax.
the rooms are massive and were reasonably priced. we took two young girls with us and they loved it and so excited about our return. one example of the little bits of magic,of which there are many, was the cleaners they come in daily and clean and sort the beds, as you would expect, but they would dress the girls dolls up in different outfits, or hide one for fun, brilliant.
bar and resturant offer very good service with food from pizza up to the best turkish dishes. with small children we were concerned about food in turkey the first time, how wrong can you be, the hotel and nearby calis beach has food that is far better than most over here.
the surrounding area is great. loads to do. water park 1 minute away, beach, dolmus bus stops outside. to whisk you to fethiye, olu deniz and beyond.
the boat trips form fethiye are amazing and a must.
i have recommended this hotel to friends. they came back with the same opinion. its great. thanks john and mary for great memories. see you again very soon

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank alanlisa1969
Reviewed 28 April 2011

A home from home, 6 years ago i would not have drempt of going to Turkey, now i would not go anywhere else and i would not want to stop anywhere else but at the Caretta apartments.

The apartments are clean and spacious and well furnished. The pool is a good size with plenty of sunbeds, even your beach towels are provided. The food is excellent and the bar well stocked.

Then we come to the staff........................what can i say? I have never stopped anywhere were i have been made to feel more welcom Can, or as he is more commonly known Dr John is an absolute gentleman, nothing is to much of a problem for him, he will organise anything from a cup of tea to a trip to the beach. Mary his wife is equally as helpful. Jan Dr John and Marys son looks after the bar and is always good for laugh as he refills your glass....................many times.

Going back to the Caretta apartments is like going to an old friends house rather than going to a hotel, you will see many people returning year after year and sometimes making more than one visit per year and i think that speaks volumes for place.

Dr John once told me that around 75% of his customers, or as he calls then friends make a return visit.......................need i say more.

Keep up the good work Dr John, cant wait for our next visit.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 April 2011

We have just booked again this will be our 3rd visit to Caretta Apartments, the first time we had 10nts, the 2nd visit 10 nts and in August 2011 we are staying for 15nts. The Caretta Apartments are very well located for everything, the apartments are extremely clean and the housekeeper makes sure you have everything you require - you just need to ask. John and Mary make you so welcome and tell you to enjoy and relax because you are on holiday - what I like is they order my husband to carry the beach bag everyday.
We are very well looked after during our stay and if you want anything John and Mary will go out of their way to make it happen.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple