“The Best Kept Secret - Truly an ESCAPE!”
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available
Overview
Villa -
7 Bedrooms, 7 Bathrooms, Sleeps 14
Gocek, Mugla Province, Turkish Aegean Coast

Reviews from our community

Excellent - based on 125 reviews

Reviews from our community

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
  • Turkish first
Dutch first
French first
German first
Turkish first
Any
Loubie C
Bakewell, United Kingdom
“The Best Kept Secret - Truly an ESCAPE!”
Reviewed 21 December 2012 for a stay in September 2012
person found this review helpful

When my husband said Turkey I was disappointed I wanted Maldives.... BUT boy was I wrong!
We were treated fabulously before we even left this country by the marvelous hosts Chris and Susan Salmon.
No more attention to detail would have been possible. I'm ashamed to say I don't really want to share this place as I want to keep it all to myself, my own little secret hideaway.

After booking Susan was in contact with various details from flight time, car hire, local things to do and see.
When we arrived even though it was a graveyard shift flight she duly came to meet us so that we could find the hotel in the dark. A nice touch that was much appreciated.
The whole holiday nothing was too much trouble.. nothing! I felt like a celebrity.
Beautiful infinity pool, keep meticulously clean by Chris. This was important for me as I love swimming. Being a swim teacher however and having just completed the summer holidays with many children's crash course and 121 lessons I just wanted somewhere to unwind without kids. The Escape was so ideal, No Children but fabulous company when we wanted/needed it.
I REALLY WOULD NOT HAVE BEEN UNHAPPY TO HAVE STAYED IN THE HOTEL FOR THE WHOLE HOLIDAY AND WOULDN'T HAVE FELT LIKE I MISSED OUT ON ANYTHING!

The room was very private, clean, spacious and very nicely situated for the pool.
The honesty bar was lovely in the evenings. The patio area for breakfast was a great vantage point for watching the swallows coming in for a dip on the pool early evening. I was fascinated by the dragon flies sunning themselves by the pool.

The food was outstanding quality. Susan is an amazing cook. Breakfasts to brunch, Lunch to Dinner. Everything was fresh, tasty, homemade and superb quality v quantity. The prices for everything from the mini bar to table drinks where the best we've known.
I don't think I had an empty glass at any point and yet it didn't break the piggy bank!

Service was such a treat that really it felt like a home from home. In fact one night after we had ventured out to the local town I remarked how I wanted to go "home" meaning the Hotel! Because the atmosphere is so relaxed you can forget where you are! As I sat in the lounge watching a DVD with my feet up and a glass of wine.

The position of the hotel was a concern for me as I wanted a beach front holiday but when we arrived at this mountain top hideaway I felt that my husband had done it again.. he is "the finder" of all things great when it comes to getting away from it all. The views are so secluded you could forget the busy world and just concentrate on you.

I can't rave about this place and the people enough... and yet I still want it all to myself.
Wishing Chris and Susan Salmon all the very best with The Escape. Their attention to detail deserves a place in the top 10 of anyone's wish list. Get booking.. you won't be disappointed!

MY HUSBAND AND I WHERE TRULY SPOILT BY THE STAR QUALITY, VERY SPECIAL HOSTS AT THIS AMAZING HOTEL.

Oh suppose I should mention Turkey's great and the weather perfect but it's the hotel ...
WE SHALL BE RETURNING! :)
Mrs Loubie Challenor ( and Mr. David Challenor)

Your age range 35-49
michael h
Stafford, United Kingdom
“The Escape Revisited”
Reviewed 25 November 2012 for a stay in September 2012

We stayed at the Escape in September 2011 and were so impressed with the place that we had to return in September this year. Twelve months on we were not disappointed, in fact we were welcomed like old friends and immediately felt at home and totally relaxed which is what we want from a holiday. Susan treated us to wonderfull meals while Chris was the perfect host, attentive to our every need. The setting is quite beautifull and sitting on the terrace in the warm evenings was quite magical.

fredrrr
Horsham, United Kingdom
“a place to dream....of never going home”
Reviewed 6 November 2012 for a stay in October 2012

Tired after a long year, escape was sort and The Escape delivered. Chris and Susan are empathetic hosts, an over used word but if defined as putting yourself in the other person's shoes, it really does fit these two.They have an innate ability to understand what you want and when. With other guests, lot's of chat. With us at the start of our break, a happy silence as we started to chill.
So that's one of the really good things about this place...hassle free environment. The Escape itself is very new and the attention to detail is superb. The marble floors, the oh so comfortable beds, the fittings...you name it and you aren't going to fault it.
Sitting on the sun deck eating fresh figs and creamy yoghurt and looking down onto the pool, as the sun warms the air......bliss.
We spent our first two days intially around The Escape, enjoying the peace and the pool. Chris keeps a well stocked bar and Susan is a great cook....I recommend her squid!!
Then out to adventure and there are some great places to visit nearby, restaurants in Gocek ( as suggested by our hosts) and sites to see. And if the fancy takes you, just down the road is a fun go kart track..recommended.
It was a truly relaxing break in a modern, well equipped and guest friendly place.

Truant40
Plymouth, United Kingdom
“There is a problem with The Escape”
Reviewed 24 October 2012 for a stay in October 2012
people found this review helpful

Be warned: You will not want to leave this hidden gem. True, it is hard to find, but that is part of its magic and fear not, you will have help to find it sitting on the side of a mountain behind the coast near Gocek. The Escape makes a beautiful and tranquil base from which to explore this piece of paradise or just relax and - escape. Swim in the (proper sized) pool at sunset and watch the water turn pink. Hosts Susan and Chris have laboured meticulously to make the Escape a friendly, relaxed and comfortable hotel. They were more than accommodating to the vagaries of our sailing based holiday - and when we returned for the last night before flying home we felt we were coming home. Susan supplied not only superb food, but daily maps to aid our explorations. They are a very special couple - and with persuasion maybe will entertain you with a spontaneous evening of live music. Their motto "Arrive as guests and leave as friends" sums it up.

Your age range 50-64
DavidN_10
Chester, United Kingdom
“Exceptional.....”
Reviewed 16 October 2012 for a stay in October 2012
person found this review helpful

Just occasionally you come across a place where you feel totally at home and relaxed within minutes of arriving. Susan and Chris have created a haven of peace in an idyllic location and manage to provide exemplary service delivered with a degree of warmth and humour which is infectious. Add to this delicious and imaginative cuisine using local produce complimented by exceptional organic Turkish wines and you have a true recipe for a memorable holiday experience! Only a short drive from Gocek with its impressive marina and laid back bars and restaurants, Escape is also ideally situated for easy exploration of the stunning coastline from Dalyan to Fethiye and beyond. Highly recommended and we cannot imagine not returning to this magical place very soon!

gaz958
Margaret River, Australia
“Tranquil hillside oasis”
Reviewed 5 October 2012 for a stay in September 2012

After a long trip from Australia it was the perfect place to unwind and prepare for our adventure thru the rest of Turkey. A great to stay if you want to chill around the pool, with pampering by the friendly hosts Susan and Chris. A 10 minute drive to scenic Goecek with restaurants, shopping and marina to wander around and with many day trips to enjoy from this sophisticated establishment. The rooms are beautifully attired with the most modern facilities we have experienced in our travels in Turkey, with wonderful beds and pillows. The hosts cook an evening meal if desired, which is delicious with an English flavour, and the breakfast is extensive. We would love to return sometime to enjoy more of Chris and Susan's hospitality.

Pompeylad
Portsmouth,Hampshire
“Peace, tranquility and a good laugh”
Reviewed 16 September 2012 for a stay in September 2012

After being fortunate enough to have travelled extensively in the past, we now seek a much slower pace for our holidays. We certainly found it at The Escape. Susan and Christopher are the perfect hosts to match their perfect "home from home" hotel. It is set in a wonderful quiet location with no outside influences except nature in all its glory. They have both put their heart and soul into the conception of The Escape and it shows at every turn. Susan prides herself with her delicious dinners all cooked with fresh local produce which come at a very reasonable price. Christopher maintains the pool to a very high standard and we were lucky to have a room that opened straight onto the pool terrace, so it was onto the sunbed or into the pool with just a few steps. Everything at the hotel is impeccably clean and well cared for just as our hosts cared for us. We left our perfect week feeling that we had holidayed with friends, as Susan and Christopher couldn't have made it more comfortable for us. We found peace and quiet and wonderful harmony with our hosts.

Travelling group: Couples
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing