“My mind keeps wondering............”
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available
Overview
Villa -
7 Bedrooms, 7 Bathrooms, Sleeps 14
Gocek, Mugla Province, Turkish Aegean Coast

Reviews from our community

Excellent - based on 119 reviews

Reviews from our community

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
  • Turkish first
Dutch first
French first
German first
Turkish first
Any
Paul L
Stevenage, United Kingdom
“My mind keeps wondering............”
Reviewed 1 June 2013 for a stay in May 2013

We have been back home for a couple of weeks now....and my mind keeps wondering back to our wonderful stay the The Escape. We arrived late evening to a warm welcome from Chris and Susan, shown to our rooms and then met up with dear friends who had arrived earlier. A late supper, drinks and a catch up and off to our lovely poolside room and very comfy bed. Breakfast every morning was a treat, healthy and indulgent! Fresh breads and fruits, meats and cheeses, freshly squeezed orange juice, poached eggs (my favourite) and proper coffee. The infinity pool is wonderful, my husband spent a large part of every day floating around in it and i dipped in and out in between sunbathing and reading. Susan can cook thats for sure and Chris makes a very generous G&T, as well as a fantastic sort of Turkish Harvey Wallbanger. We went on a boat trip around the islands one day, it was beautiful, everyone enjoyed it On a trip to Fethiye market.we went from shy and nervous to bold haggling and got some great bargains, think ahead for upcoming birthdays as an excuse to buy more things! It takes vision,talent, hard work and determination to create a place like The Escape. Chris and Susan should be very proud of their creation. I could go on and on but you get the picture dont you?
Debbie and Paul , Herts England

mariamcm2...
Abu Dhabi
“Escape to theescape!”
Reviewed 22 May 2013 for a stay in May 2013

Escape to theescape!

First impressions

My partner and I have just spent 8 wonderful nights at theescapegocek.com. I was so impresssed with everything that I felt I had to write a review on TripAdvisor (as I always check out the reviews on places I would like to go on here). Our stay was nothing short of fabulous, from the moment we were collected at Dalaman Airport, till the minute we (very reluctantly) had to leave. Our hosts, Chris and Susan, who own this beautiful hotel, could not have been more thoughtful and accommodating to our every need. The hotel is nestled in a scenic, natual setting up in the hills, only 10 minutes drive from Gocek Marina. It is an escape in every sense of the word. Beautiful views, with little to punctuate the peace and quiet save the early morning chatter of birds, and the herd of goats who take their morning stroll across theescape's verdant green pastures, ensured that we felt enveloped in a sense of serenity every time we stepped out of our poolside room. We met a huge bullfrog, a lone turtle, a preying mantis, and delighted in watching the swallows soar and dive in the early evening for a dip in the cool, clear, infinity pool.

Rooms

Our room was spotlessly clean and comfortable, with top-quality bed linen and towels, and the mini-bar was re-stocked immediately with our favourite choice of beverages which, we noted, were charged at prices way lower than you would normally expect to find in an hotel of this calibre. The double French windows ensured that we had plenty of sunlight and a superb view of the pool and mountains from our bed! Outside sat chairs and table, where we could enjoy sundowners prior to dinner. Bathroom was nice, with gorgeous Olive Oil products (in HUGE containers - not the usual mini-sizes you normally get) which we were told we could take with us, if we still had room in our suitcases after our shopping sprees - more of which later!

Delicious, fresh, home cooking! Susan enjoyed telling us about the kind of cuisine she would be happy to prepare for us every day. Nothing in this hotel is pre-packed, frozen or artificial. Everything is fresh, locally sourced and put together with Susan's inimitable capacity for providing healthy, hearty, delicious home cooking. Among her specialities are slow cooked lamb, marinated sea bass, superb breakfast omelettes, and we must not forget the legendary 12 minute egg! Ok, that was a bit of a joke we all had, but her Clementine Cake and ice cream dessert is to die for!

Beverages

We (and other guests) were delighted to try the locally sourced organic wine, as well as the very tasty ice cold Efes local beer. We were even more delighted to learn that it is true... organic wine does not give you the morning-after feeling that other wines do!

Shopping

Once you have had a day or two to unwind and soak up the sun, you might fancy a bit of shopping. First off, there's the Gocek Marina - only a short 10 mins drive down the hills and you are there. Beautiful Yachts, boat trips, shops, and restaruants await your pleasure. There are some gorgeous shops where you can browse and find gifts, clothes, jewellery, handicrafts... most of which have been made in Turkey. There is a local market which offers a good variety of items - and some fab pancakes - but if you want a really big market, you must go to the Fetiyhe one on Tuesday. It's massive, and offfers fantastic bargains - I bought about 15 pashmina / silk shawls (superb quality) for an absurdly cheap 10 Euros each. Higher silk but lower pashmina content can be had for just 6 Euros! I also bought shoes, jewellery, clothes... all so reasonably priced and lovely they were too hard to resist - I really struggled to get everything into my cases when it was time to pack!

Sightseeing

From Gocek you are in easy driving distance of Fetiyhe, Dalyan and many other places of historical interst, all within reasonable driving distance from Gocek. Due to its idyllic location, it is essential to hire a car so that you can get out and about easily. Susan managed to get us a very good deal with a local company well known to her.

General

The Hotel itself is gorgeous, but, you don't feel like you are in an hotel. You are really guests in the luxury home of two wonderful people, who will make you feel completely at home too, who will do everything they can to ensure you have a fabulous holiday, but who will leave you in peace when you want to chillax. If you happen to run out of books... don't worry, Susan and Chris (avid readers / writers) have plenty on their shelves which they are willing to share with you. The impromptou music session on our last night was beyond the pale! Music, song and dance ensued... not something they normally do for guests, but under much badgering from the group of us who were there... they gave in, and put on a stellar performace! Who would have guessed that Susan could sing 'No Regrets' by Edith Piaff in French!!!!! Unsurpassed!
Children are not allowed - The Escape is for the discerning visitor who wants something a little (lot!) bit special... off the beaten track, away from the commercial brouhaha of most places. If you are looking to get away from the madding crowd, go-check out theescapegocek.com.... you will not be disappointed.
We are looking forward to our next visit!
Maria & Jim (based in Dubai & Azerbaijan)

amawson
Welwyn Garden City, United Kingdom
“The 'great' escape”
Reviewed 19 May 2013 for a stay in May 2013
people found this review helpful

I and my wife visited with a party of friends for a get away break. What we found (even the photo's don't do it justice btw) was a fantastic place to re-charge the emotional and intellectual batteries.

The tranquility and beauty of the location were matched by the sensitivity and unobtrusive style of service from Chris and Susan. It was all about us ... not about them.

The room was fresh and clean with cleaning and fresh towels every day to fit around our schedule. Breakfast was taken on the balcony overlooking a rugged green countryside and
there was none of the usual pressure to conform to the needs of the kitchen. You could have breakfast when you wanted it......I don't think we made it to breakfast till after 11 each day but the breakfast and service for the last guest was a good as the first. Fresh fruit, meats, tea/coffee, fresh bread and Susan's great omelettes.

We had the place to ourselves on one day and it was like having our own private villa but with service that was unobtrusive and there when you needed it.

Gocek itself is a delight, retaining its own character whilst supporting the sailing community. Chris and Susan organised the most perfect cruise round the Turkish islands for us as well organising as a car and guiding on visits.

All in all a great place to re-charge your batteries. We would thoroughly recommend a visit.

dissappoi...
scotland
“Heaven on earth!”
Reviewed 15 May 2013 for a stay in May 2013

What can I say about the escape except that it is well worth more than 6 stars......having travelled extensively all over the world I didnt think anywhere could be more like home than here...the hotel is immaculate and the pool so clean and overlooking the most amazing scenery. I am the worlds nightmare for chefs but polished off everything that Susan cooked for us with relish. It was like being with family they are such wonderful hosts and nothing is too much trouble. I have never felt so at home or pampered and will be going back soon. Could easily have stayed much longer and Gocek itself has one of the best biggest marinas in the south and amazing shops. There are great places to eat out but nothing would ever beat Susan's meals. Just wishing I hadnt left and was back there listening to the goats and the tortoise in the grass nearby.....what a wonderful delight. Thanks so much to Chris and Susan for one of the best holidays I have ever been on.

Travelling group: Family
sueorr
Dorchester, United Kingdom
“Four happy days of real escape and TLC”
Reviewed 30 April 2013 for a stay in April 2013
person found this review helpful

Booked on spec. couldn't have been more delighted. We were five friends together exploring the hinterland for wild flowers/birds/butterflies and ruins and it was wonderful to return to The Escape each evening to yet another delicious dinner. Susan cooks imaginatively and Chris is a great butler - that's just the icing on the cake. Their welcome is warm and The Escape is run impeccably, every comfort their concern. A thoroughly comfortable base for exploring Turkey and they are full of very good advice. We agreed we couldn't have done better. Too early for the spa but swimming pool very good indeed.

Loubie C
Bakewell, United Kingdom
“The Best Kept Secret - Truly an ESCAPE!”
Reviewed 21 December 2012 for a stay in September 2012
person found this review helpful

When my husband said Turkey I was disappointed I wanted Maldives.... BUT boy was I wrong!
We were treated fabulously before we even left this country by the marvelous hosts Chris and Susan Salmon.
No more attention to detail would have been possible. I'm ashamed to say I don't really want to share this place as I want to keep it all to myself, my own little secret hideaway.

After booking Susan was in contact with various details from flight time, car hire, local things to do and see.
When we arrived even though it was a graveyard shift flight she duly came to meet us so that we could find the hotel in the dark. A nice touch that was much appreciated.
The whole holiday nothing was too much trouble.. nothing! I felt like a celebrity.
Beautiful infinity pool, keep meticulously clean by Chris. This was important for me as I love swimming. Being a swim teacher however and having just completed the summer holidays with many children's crash course and 121 lessons I just wanted somewhere to unwind without kids. The Escape was so ideal, No Children but fabulous company when we wanted/needed it.
I REALLY WOULD NOT HAVE BEEN UNHAPPY TO HAVE STAYED IN THE HOTEL FOR THE WHOLE HOLIDAY AND WOULDN'T HAVE FELT LIKE I MISSED OUT ON ANYTHING!

The room was very private, clean, spacious and very nicely situated for the pool.
The honesty bar was lovely in the evenings. The patio area for breakfast was a great vantage point for watching the swallows coming in for a dip on the pool early evening. I was fascinated by the dragon flies sunning themselves by the pool.

The food was outstanding quality. Susan is an amazing cook. Breakfasts to brunch, Lunch to Dinner. Everything was fresh, tasty, homemade and superb quality v quantity. The prices for everything from the mini bar to table drinks where the best we've known.
I don't think I had an empty glass at any point and yet it didn't break the piggy bank!

Service was such a treat that really it felt like a home from home. In fact one night after we had ventured out to the local town I remarked how I wanted to go "home" meaning the Hotel! Because the atmosphere is so relaxed you can forget where you are! As I sat in the lounge watching a DVD with my feet up and a glass of wine.

The position of the hotel was a concern for me as I wanted a beach front holiday but when we arrived at this mountain top hideaway I felt that my husband had done it again.. he is "the finder" of all things great when it comes to getting away from it all. The views are so secluded you could forget the busy world and just concentrate on you.

I can't rave about this place and the people enough... and yet I still want it all to myself.
Wishing Chris and Susan Salmon all the very best with The Escape. Their attention to detail deserves a place in the top 10 of anyone's wish list. Get booking.. you won't be disappointed!

MY HUSBAND AND I WHERE TRULY SPOILT BY THE STAR QUALITY, VERY SPECIAL HOSTS AT THIS AMAZING HOTEL.

Oh suppose I should mention Turkey's great and the weather perfect but it's the hotel ...
WE SHALL BE RETURNING! :)
Mrs Loubie Challenor ( and Mr. David Challenor)

Your age range 35-49
michael h
Stafford, United Kingdom
“The Escape Revisited”
Reviewed 25 November 2012 for a stay in September 2012

We stayed at the Escape in September 2011 and were so impressed with the place that we had to return in September this year. Twelve months on we were not disappointed, in fact we were welcomed like old friends and immediately felt at home and totally relaxed which is what we want from a holiday. Susan treated us to wonderfull meals while Chris was the perfect host, attentive to our every need. The setting is quite beautifull and sitting on the terrace in the warm evenings was quite magical.

Travelling group: Couples
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing
;