“Lovely food, attentive service and a great location”
Review of Dede Restaurant

Dede Restaurant
Ranked #49 of 493 Restaurants in Marmaris
Cuisines: Turkish
Good for: Local cuisine, Groups, Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Paignton, United Kingdom
“Lovely food, attentive service and a great location”
Reviewed 3 June 2014

I have been going to Dede restaurant on the promenade in Marmaris for over 14 years. The food is great and we always make a point of going there when we visit family. On this occasion, we were a party of 9 - 5 adults and 4 children. The children were very happy with their pizzas - freshly made and about the right size for our 9 year olds. Between us we had the Dede Kebab (amazingly lean meat on a garlic yoghurt dressing with wrap style bread - very yummy); a chateau briand which my family thought was the best meat they had had in years, and lamb shank. All were cooked to perfection and presented beautifully. Aziz the Manager is always welcoming and friendly. The setting is pretty and worth paying a few pounds more to look out at the boats and the passers by. Definitely recommended.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank Joanna C

• Greek first
  • Turkish first
“Anniversary meal”
Reviewed 31 May 2014 via mobile

Holiday in turkey a lot always have a meal at dede - never been as disappointed as I was on my latest trip - slow service as there was VIP from one of the boats so everything went downhill fast - starters came out with main - VIP having the full works the VIP need liked his bread was told to send away the waiter turned with the bread and tried to give it to a normal guest she obviously refused staying not good enough for him then I don't want it - wine was served then dinner arrived very dark tried my food I had chicken it tasted wrong I said to my husband eventually by candle light we made out the chicken was raw - I felt physically sick I couldn't eat and didn't want anymore food - my husband wouldn't eat his so we asked for the bill we was offered a coffee which I refused so we was given 10 % of my meal - the meal I couldn't eat disgusting and so disappointed so before you sit down check there is no vip's in the house - shame the VIP not as regular as us and shame the restaurant do not treat everyone especially the regulars with the same attention - would never eat here again so disappointed !

5 Thank Jade W
Glasgow, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Food great, staff great, view amazing”
Reviewed 31 May 2014

What's not to like. We've been going there 3 or 4 times a week when we're on holiday for the last 6 years and the welcome and food are consistently good. Between us we’ve tried most things on the menu. There isn’t anything I wouldn’t recommend.

Our daughter was married here last year and her day was perfect. We had a mixture of Scottish and Turkish guests. Adults and children and they catered for everyone. We had a fantastic stress free day.

Thank you to Aziz, Volkan, Ibrahim, Abdullah, Gengis and Sadim for making the experience amazing and all the table clearing staff.

chester
“Great Place to Eat”
Reviewed 30 May 2014

I had been here with my wife 3 years ago and on returning to Marmaris decided that we would eat here on the first night. On our previous trip we visitied many times as the food and service were second to none.

Dede's is located in the harbour area of Marmaris and so overlooks the sea.

On this occasion, the place was still good, but didnt live up to the expectations that previous visits had put so highin our oppinion.

The menu is varied - something for everyone from steaks, seafood, keebabs etc. If you order general fish from the menu (bass or bream) then it will be farmed. If you want fresh caught that day then you need to ask and look in the counter at the front of the place. Of course you will pay more for this - but they will then happily cook said fish to your liking (even salt baked if you ask).

I chose to have lamb shish - the lamb was cooked perfectly and tasted great. My wife chose sea bass - which was lovely - but we had asked for it to be filleted and it came as the whole fish. Not a major issue - but the wife does not like the head of the fish staring at her!

Service was also good - but maybe lacked that personal touch we had expirienced in other visits e.g. previously they would have brought out bread whilst you were sitting and deciding what to order. I noticed them doing this for others - but not us.

Overall it was nice - but we didnt return as we fould what we could consider better places.

Its a slight shame - as Dede is just a couple of issues short of being perfect.

1 Thank danweigh
Craven Arms, United Kingdom
“Nice place for a drink in the sun”
Reviewed 25 May 2014

We only stopped here for a drink or two to relax after walking around the shops in Marmaris and the Marina.
We were served efficiently and politely but there was one guy in a white shirt, who might have been the owner, who just would not leave us alone.
He hovered by our table asking questions about how much we'd paid for our shopping, our watches, our shirts etc. etc.
I'm sure he was trying to be friendly and was just making conversation but we were quite happy conversing amongst ourselves.
Nice enough place but please, as with lots of Turkey, stop pestering us!