“Fantastic first couple holiday!”
Review of Ideal Pearl Hotel

Ideal Pearl Hotel
Ranked #12 of 234 Hotels in Marmaris
Reviewed 6 January 2013

It was mine and my fiance's first holiday together abroad and we went on the 13/6/12. There were record highs for the temperature that Summer which was a little unpleasent but nothing that could be done about it.
On arrival to the hotel we were warmly greeted and shwon around by the hotel staff who escourted us to our rooms. We had a room on the top floor with a balcony and a sea view as was requested so a great start. The only bad thing at this point was that the lift was small and had no air conditioning which made it a little stuffy but not a major problem.
The room was brilliant, a little mini fridge to keep our bottled water cold, and the air conditioning was a life saver in the heat. We had a fantastic private balcony with a great view of the city and the sea in the distance with a couple of deckchairs available for us and drying racks outside. There was a television and hairdryer in the room with a couple of English channels available (not that the television was needed).
The pool/bar area was fab but make sure you take down sandals as the floor is very hot! The drinks selection wasn't huge for all inclusive, but we made the most of the free vodka, and the deadly local drink Raki. One amusing point about the stereotype of Germans taking the sunbeds early turned out to be true as the second the hotel staff finished for the night, the sunbeds were soon claimed!
The location was great and our holiday rep (Janine I think her name was) was extremely helpful and couldn't do enough for us, making sure we got the most from the hotel and all the excersions on offer! We were only less than a five minute walk from the beach and there was a market readily available for us every night with crafts stalls and homemade jewellry.
The entertainment man Falcon was brilliant and kept everyone amused the whole week and it would've definitely been a dull holiday without him and his antics! He made sure to get everyone involved in activities which made the trip more enjoyable as we made new friends through it.
The food at breakfast didn't have the greatest variety but it was more than made up for by the mid morning pizzas and chips that were served, the tea and cake break in the afternoon, followed by a fab dinner and then late evening soups were served. Fantastic.

The excersions we took part in were great. Me and my partner went quadbiking in the mountains which was a fab day out and we took home some great souvineers and photos that were delivered to the hotel for us. A group of us that had met up over there then arranged to go on the sunseekers cruise on the day before we went home and I would highly recommend it if you want to catch a great tan on a lovely boat, and have a chance for a dip in the sea. I am not a strong swimmer but the sea where we traveled to was so salty that even I could keep myself up.

The bar staff were super friendly and couldn't do enough for them so I left a generous last day tip for them all to share for their kindness. Not very many people got along with their manager and he tended to walk around pretty grumpy and seemed pretty mean to all the hotel staff which wasn't pleasent.

All in all I absolutely loved this holiday and would 100% go back again, me and my partner are already looking to book with the same hotel as we don't think another would compare quite the same to that one. Fantastic and unforgettable holiday.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Naomi C
melihbas, Public Relations Manager at Ideal Pearl Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 January 2013

Thank you for posting your review on the tripadvisor website.
I am very happy to read that you have enjoyed your first holiday together experiencing the hospitality that the Hotel has to offer from the warm and friendly welcome at check-in and the bellboy service to the free facilities available in the rooms. I would also like to thank you for your kind comments regarding the staff working within the Hotel from reception, housekeeping, bar and restaurant. I would also like to thank you for your recommendation of our Hotel and I hope that we will be able to welcome you again in the future.

Reviewed 16 November 2012

Me and my partner stayed here in October and we found the hotel was good value for money. We couldn't say a bad word about the staff. The cleaning staff were friendly and did a super job, the hotel was spotless everyday. The bar staff were friendly and one started to know what my partner wanted to drink before we even ordered! The servicing staff were always friendly to us, one service staff called savas would do everything he could to make my holiday better! The food was a little repetitive and sometimes not much choice. We both felt the choices of drinks were limited seeing it was all inclusive. We loved the Turkish theme night with the break dancers and the organ man show. All together thought it was worth what we paid for 2 weeks.

• Stayed: October 2012
melihbas, Public Relations Manager at Ideal Pearl Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 November 2012

Thank you for your review posted on the tripadvisor website.
I am happy to read that you have experienced the hospitality of the Hotel from the housekeeping team to the bar and service staff. I would like to thank you for your kind comments regarding the interaction that you have had with the staff within the Hotel. I do hope that we will be able to welcome you again to the Hotel and would like to thank you for choosing Hotel Ideal Pearl for your holiday.

Reviewed 7 November 2012

Stayed here in july for 2 weeks, cannot understand the bad reviews. Hotel was always spotless, every day a wide choice of food varying each time, staff were lovely all work really hard and a good laugh Vodka the entertainment man was halarious always including everyone the staff all work really long hours there at 7 in the morning when i go for breakfast and still there when the bar closes but you wouldnt tell. would deffiently stay here again and again!!!

• Stayed: July 2012
3  Thank kayaaa
melihbas, Public Relations Manager at Ideal Pearl Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 November 2012

Thank you for sharing your holiday review with others on the tripadvisor website.
I would like to thank you for your kind comments regarding the cleanliness of the Hotel provided by the housekeeping team, the variety of food served in the restaurant and of the staff including the animation team at the Hotel. I do hope that we will be able to welcome you again in the future and on behalf of the Ideal Team' would like to than you for your recommendation and for choosing Hotel Ideal Pearl for your holiday.

Reviewed 23 October 2012

We stayed there 15-22 Oct 2012. Tried to make friendly conversation with the bar staff who I found to be completely ignorant, it was one of those if the face fits syndrome. Service was diabolical. The salad was nearly as warm as the hot food which was only lukewarm. Seeing that they mostly cook rice, pasta, chicken be weary how long it's been standing there. Even saw the waiters drop a soup ladle on the floor and just place it back near the soup cauldron. They are forever shaking the tip boxs which seemed to be placed everywhere. The up side to the Hotel is that it is spotlessly clean. It is all inclusive but my wife and I could not sit eating and drinking there due to the ignorant staff, virtually total lack of entertainment and the bloody bingo. Nice little artisan stalls directly outside of the hotel and they DO NOT hassle you, jewelry for 5tl, saw a few lads buying bracelets and such I suppose for their girlfriends, bless em!, splash out lads. One last word, I did see people enjoying themselves and they thought it was OK, other couples from other hotels also commented on the food just being warm.

Room Tip: Do not ask for a road side view, totally in the shade and over looking what can only be described as...
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
melihbas, Public Relations Manager at Ideal Pearl Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 October 2012

Thank you for your review posted on the tripadvisor website.
Guest feed back is important to us especially when given whilst still in the Hotel as this gives the Hotel the opportunity to address any concerns that guests may have before they leave. This can be done by way of Reception which is manned 24 hours per day or with the resort rep who visits on a daily basis. Hotel management and the resort reps do liase on a daily basis and therefore concerns or requests that are raised are resolved usually to the guests' satisfaction.
I am sorry to read that the Hotel did not fully meet with your expectations at this time, all food served with,in the Hotel is of the highest quality and standard and is tested for taste and temperature on a daily basis by the Hotels' Food Engineer as part of the HACCP Policy, controlled and monitored by National Britannica. Animation as advertised is of a soft nature comprising of occasional games, competitions and local shows for all guests who wish to participate.
I hope that with the information provided this satisfies your review and that we will be able to welcome you once again, thank you for choosing Hotel Ideal Pearl for your holiday.

Reviewed 20 October 2012

just got back from a 10 night stay here,it was are first time in turkey, staff we,re very friendly and helpfull food was fine. hotel is very clean and tidy as is the pool.but you have to get up early to get a sunbed. nothing really for kids to do and entertainment was poor.there are plenty of shops,family pubs surronding the hotel. rooms are clean and tidy. only 5min walk from beach,cash machines and shops.

Room Tip: highly recommend the turkish spa well worth the money about £30.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
melihbas, Public Relations Manager at Ideal Pearl Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 October 2012

Thank you for you review posted on the tripadvisor website.
I am happy to read that overall you have enjoyed your holiday with us from the friendly staff, cleanliness of the Hotel and variety of food served. Our guests have enjoyed high temperatures throughout October and we do expect them to consider others regarding sunbeds at the pool as well as using our private beach at Ideal Prime Beach. I hope that we will be able to welcome you again in the future and would like to thank you for choosing Hotel Ideal Pearl for your holiday.

Reviewed 18 October 2012

Just got back a week ago from the ideal hotel yet another good stay and really enjoyed it . Staff where fab and could remember us from last year we even had wine and fruit sent to our room drinks at the bar where great and measures where more than plenty full also some of the cocktails that the head barman made lol must say may me feel a little merry ! Food ok but did eat out also as made friends at bars last year so went to see them room was cleaned daily and always had clean bedding and towels . Weather was great we did go on the shoppers delight trip with the rep at hotel which was great for five pound must say the fashion show at the leather Trevor shop was funny finished at the market at icemer which had many bargains to have . I would like to thank all the staff at the hotel for making this week a great one hope to be back in a year or so a credit to marmaris thanks ideal !!

• Stayed: October 2012
2  Thank Kerry B
melihbas, Public Relations Manager at Ideal Pearl Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 October 2012

Thank you for posting your holiday review on the tripadvisor website.
As returning guests, I am happy to read that you have again experienced the hospitality of the Hotel from the friendliness of the staff to the housekeeping and room maid service. I would like to thank you for your recommendation and for returning to us, also thank you for choosing Hotel Ideal Pearl for your holiday and we hope to welcome you again in the future.

Reviewed 18 October 2012

my first trip to turkey but never again journey from airport nearly two hours were given the fifth floor at the hotel if i banged my head once the ceiling is so low, The breakfast is a nono the last day we got to the resteraunt at opening time 07.30 a whole tray of fried eggs were stone cold as was the rest of the food at lunch and dinner times the food was only warm most people ate out, The drinks was either poor lager or vodka any other spirit you paid for all inclusive it definetly its not, Entertainment was poor we had bingo but most nights we didnt play as people were out eating eleswhere so not enough players, The waiters have eyes only for the women but they work hard, when you go outside you are pestered nonstop and called a few names if you dont respond, the only thing id go back to turkey for is the weather 38% at ten in the morning The old saying you get what you pay for certainly fits this hotel

Room Tip: we had room 514 not ideal for a tall person suuny in the morning

Thank you for your review posted on the tripadvisor website.
I am sorry to read that the Hotel has not met with your expectations for your first visit to Turkey however the Reception is open for 24 hours each day and the resort reps visit the Hotel on a daily basis and are here to help guests with all concerns and requests from room changes to celebrations etc. All food served in the restaurant and snack bar is of the highest quality and standard and is tested and monitored on a daily basis under the Hotels HACCP Policy, which is controlled and monitored by National Britannia. The Hotel does have an International Guest base and the menus provided do reflect this as well providing traditional Turkish dishes. Beverages provided in the all-inclusive package are of local brand spirits vodka, gin,whiskey malt and raki and International Brand Tuborg Beer, Martini Bianco and Rosso as well as Campari, soft carbonated drinks are International Brand Pepsi-Cola, 7UP. The entertainment as described in the agency brochures is of occasional games, competitions and shows and again is for all guests who wish to join in. I do hope that the information provided satisfies your review and I hope that we will be able to welcome you once again in the future. Thank you for choosing Hotel Ideal Pearl for your holiday.