“Great Location”

Ranked #103 of 234 Hotels in Marmaris
Dumbarton, Scotland
“Great Location”
Reviewed 14 September 2008

Stayed here in July 2008. The apartments are in a great location. The weather was amazing. I did find the vodka a bit pricey but to be honest I only used the place as a base for sleeping, etc, etc. Room was ok, clean an spacious, but basic. Shower was tiny, could hardly move but managed! Only spoke to the owners a few times but only because my boyfriend is Turkish and could communicate with them. The pool is small but nice and clean and I never had any problems getting a sunbed at any time of the day. In all if the price was right I would stay at the Nur again but only because the location suits me, not that I thought it was anything special!!!

• Liked — The location
  • Disliked — All the bloody stairs haha!!!!
  • Stayed July 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
1 Thank S.Currie

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
scotland
Reviewed 3 September 2008

I stayed at the Nur apart during my holiday to Marmaris in Turkey in Aug 2008. Marmaris as a place was beautiful, overall the people were friendly and the beaches, bars and shops were great.

Unfortunaltly my lovely holiday was ruined by the owners of the Nur apart. They are the most unfriendly, rude, ignorant and greedy people I have ever came acoss. I Had a very unpleasent experience with them and throughtout my 2 week stay I saw five other bad encounters between different guests and the owners, it made the atmosphere terrible and guests refused to purchse form them because of their bad attituide towards us.

I have two young kids and asked for a lower floor as I have a buggy for my youngest, on arrival my family was put 2 flights up with no lift ,when we complained we were told it was not their problem what scottravel put in the brochure, however by the end of the first week they did offer an alternative but this was too late.

They also do not allow any of their satff to deal with the money, when you purchase drinks from the pool bar! oh, I mean and old freezer that supplies one type of lager !!! the barman has to go and ask them to handle the cash, very embarrising for both the customer and the satff.

Food was also terrible, which made my stay difficult as I have two young children, we were constantly reminded any food eaten around the pool area had to be purchased from them, which was terrible as thier food was disgusting. I personally felt if we complained we would nave been asked to move out. which I had previously witnessed watching other guest complain. All the other guests who were travelling on my bus agreed they would never return to the Nur apart.

Be prepared... they want £2.50 for toilet roll, and £180 for air con for 2 weeks however, this price did change depending if the family liked you or not!!

I read bad reveiews on this family run business before I went to the nur apart never thinking for a min that they could be this rude and greedy. but yes they are, my advice do not go to Nur apart, scottravel should take them out of the brochure as it has put me off using this travel agent again.

3 Thank benz1