“No No No”
Review of Amos Hotel

Amos Hotel
Ranked #102 of 234 Hotels in Marmaris
Reviewed 14 September 2013

On the pictures hotel looked ok, but when we went there..oh noooo! Horrible room. we were 4 friends, booked 2 rooms and got 1 room for 4...actually room was for 3 max, but they put this metal extra bed. There was not enough space at all, bathroom too small and all was soo old and outdated, we wanted to run out from there the very first day! max 1* hotel, food very very poor and staff hardly speak english! But the view from balcony was amazing!and its just on the beach 10 metres away. There was no enterntainment at all, you had to go to marmaris to proper bars and clubs..boooring!!! an dmarket is horrible, these turks grabbing you by the hands and touching you bum! nasty creatures! travelled in september 2010

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
4  Thank tekila bum bum b

Reviewed 20 November 2011

i stayed here it was clean and the best location ever, how ever the managment were very un polite and rude haveing lost my walet there fore al ove my money i asked if the manager could fone the police his answer was is it my fault and walked away i said please help me i could not believe next moorning i was blanked by all the staff apart from the boys at the bar who are always very nice, this manager is horrible unbelievable i was so distresed the last 4 days i lived a nite mare, not one person asked how i was ect i had to walk to a police station alone .without any help what so ever this does not reflect on the turkish locals who are so friendly and one mentions the amos and they frown enough said

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled solo
2  Thank jackie c
Reviewed 11 September 2011

This hotel looked shabby in comparison to it's neighbours.Our room was on the ground floor, our balcony overlooked the staff entrance the dog kennal which contained a large dog continually chained up day & night who barked loudly when disturbed day & night. if you stood on tip toe you could see the sea. The location of the hotel was right on the beachfront.
In the room was a double sided A4 sheet containing lots of hotel rules and when the room would be cleaned, linen changed etc. The daily cleaning of the room consisted of emptying 2 bins! There were rolls of dust and hair in the corners of the room. Beds and towels were supposed to be changed twice a week, I had to ask for clean towels and after 9 days I had to ask for the sheets to be changed. The 24 hour reception evening staff did not understand English so were unable to help with my query.
We booked B&B but only had breakfast once and never bothered again, watered down juice, dried up meat and cheese.
There was a charge of £10 per week for a small fridge and air conditioning, which was essential, was £5 per night!
The positives are the bed was comfortable and there was hot water always available.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
9  Thank liberate
Reviewed 21 June 2011

hi I had read reviews for this hotel,and i had my doubts, but gave it a try. on arrival the staff were smiling and greeted me and took my luggage to the room, they never at any time looked for a tip like some hotels.
This hotel is a 52 room hotel on the beach front. It is owned by a Turkish family and the manager is very efficient as are all the staff. All the staff work very hard to make your holiday great. They do speak english and can understand you.
The hotel is spotless cleaned every day and if you need anything just had to ask and they would help as much as they could. hot water at any time.
The meals were buffet style but you could order a la carte. The menu was varied and typical turkish food. No you won't get bacon and eggs your in Turkey. There are plenty of other resturants selling this. The chef gave you main meal and you helped yourself to the salads etc. I was half board and am fussy but ate every meal, no complaints.
The rooms have a tv and like other hotels they do not have many english channels. you're only in the room a short while. You could pay for small fridge or for air conditioning.
during the day the snack bar had a good choice of food. and if you were on the beach the snacks could be brought to you. The hotel has a bar as well to watch the sun going down at night. But it is quiet not rowdy. Noeone is allowed into hotel after midnight if they are not guests in hotel.
the beach was shallow and plenty of sunbeds for everyone. You paid for the mattress 1.5 lira. The main pool had loungers as well. At the front of hotel the bus stopped for you to go to marmaris or icmeler. There were other bars with entertainment close by. The magic garden is a fun night with elvis, tina turner etc. All in all i was very well looked after and would book again.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled solo
10  Thank lizzie2359
Reviewed 14 September 2010

My partner and I stayed at Amos for a week at the end of August.

I am quite surprised by all of the negative reviews on here about Hotel Amos - no, the hotel is not perfet,but we didn't pay much for the holiday and believe that we got what we paid for. The food in the snack bar was pretty basic (apart from the home made pizza which was lovely) and the drink were not cheap. However, we only stayed B&B and so ate out in different places each day and stocked up on water, juice, snacks etc from the shop over the road (although you need to sneak them in becasue you're not meant to bring in food tht you have bought outside).

Our room was large and on two levels, one for the bedroom and one for a sitting area. It was very clean and tidy and the cleaners did a thorough job on it every day while we were out.

The pool was basic but did the job! If you want a pool with lots to keep kids entertained then this probably isn't for you.

Really easy to get in and out of town - the dolmas buses run every 5 mins from right outside and only costs about £1.

If you just want a cheap and clean hotel to stay in while you explore Marmaris then this is the place for you. If you want to spend all of your time in the hotel and go full board then I don't think you would like it so much.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
10  Thank emskiebeebop
Reviewed 24 August 2010

Just got back from 8 days at the Amos. Having read the reviews before we went we thought we know what to expect. To a large extent it was as we thought. The rooms were clean although the decour needs a face lift. The pool was of average size but as has already been said the edges are in need of repair. The pool gets deep quickly so those with young children be careful.
Hotel is in a great spot away from the full extent of Marmaris night life, views from the rooms fantastic overlooking the bay. Marmaris is very nice, people are friendly and not as pushy as we found them in Side last year. The authorities seem to have clamped down on the music and most stop at midnight.
As for the Hotel,
The food isn't great typical Turkish breakfast and from what I saw the evening meals consisted of every kind of chicken you could think of. The staff were in the main friendly but I felt more could have been done to encourage people to stay in the hotel, no entertainment at all, apparently they dont have a licence.
We had 3 rooms, and asked to keep one of the rooms till we left at 8pm that night, we were refused. Although someone else who was going home at the same time paid an extra £20 to keep their room, the manager would not let us do this.
We also had the air con which cost £4 per night, one of the air cons didn't work properly and we brought it to the notice of the reception desk four times, they had the odd job man look at it and he cleaned the filters but it still didn't work. We asked for our money back for the air con as my sons had slept in our room for 3 nights, the last night the manager gave my boys a fan, the following day he was very abusive to my boys and said they had broken the air con. My wife and I went to speak to the manager, and he abusive to us, shouting and telling us to get out of his office, he told us we were lying and that he had no record of our complaints about the air con. We pointed out who we had spoken to but the clamped up and would not say anything. The manager is also the owner and it struck me the staff were all scarred of him.
His parting comment as he got on his scooter to drive away still shouting abuse, was no more English they are trouble. The rep was contacted but when she came the manager told her we were not their although we were by the pool which can be seen from the reception and she left. I spoke to her but she said there was nothing she could do.
Other prices, Kettle 5TL per day, you can but a kettle from the supermarket for 7TL. Iron 2TL per hour. Other hotels charged £20 per week for the Air Con. You also have to pay for the internet.
Would I go back to Marmaris, yes would I stay at Amos definately not, because of the manager/owner.
Ram.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
3  Thank Ram1603
Reviewed 23 August 2010

The majority of the staff there were friendly and willing to help,shame they could not relax,as the manager of the hotel was a grumpy,miserable old man,all he cares about is getting your money and nothing else,very rude,whilst there so many people complained about a majority of elements and as excpected its not sorted,when it came to the holiday people owing money according to him then it was a different story,he would shout and scream at every one,the workers arew a great bunch shame they can not be seen to be to friendly with out fear of the boss having his say,rooms were a good size,cleaned every day,pool needs to get sorted asap as my son suffered lose of skin to al his fingers and on his hands and arms which caused him distress,the food could be a lot better if the chef was allowed,i understand budget but to so that we would suffer,my words to any one who is english is to stay away,as in the words from the manager is that we are all trouble and he does not want them in his hotel,The drink prices are differant in the reception compared to the bar of the hotel,no entertainment and you can only use the wi fi in the lobby no where else also it will be put on when needed its not on all the time.will be going back to marmaris but will take a wide berth from this hotel,never again will we stay there.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family