“Dont understand why this hotel has so many positive feedback's”
Review of Orkide Hotel

and 1 more site!
Orkide Hotel
Ranked #36 of 234 Hotels in Marmaris
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Dont understand why this hotel has so many positive feedback's”
Reviewed 14 March 2012

How do I start, I had a night flight with Thomas Cook and got to the hotel at 3.00am and guess what the main door was locked and neither I could see a man on reception however after knocking few times a man turned up and finally we got to the room.

It was hot and the A/C was not on so I went down asked him how to turn it on and with very little english he replied "it will be extra" gave him extra £40.00 for 7 days, then went to the room and there was no safe deposit box went down again and asked him for it and the same reply came "it will be extra" gave him I think £10.00 for that too. What a start to a holiday.

Next morning asked him where is the beach is, was wondering whether he was going to say "it will be extra" this time or not, how ever he didnt and told us where it was, its right next to the hotel but the kind of directions he gave us sounded like a mile away. Anyways we went to the beach and sat on a sun bathing seat and a man came up asking which hotel are you from, I replied "The Great Orkide" and he laughed and told us to get up as the Orkide Hotel dont have a private beach, I asked him to get me few drinks and if he will let me use the chairs and he did.

So one thing was confirmed that if you book with Orkide you can only walk on the beach and not sit and relax anywhere, however there were few 3* hotels right next to orkide i.e the club palm hotel and they all had a private beach for there customers, but Orkide dont.

The breakfast is very very very basic and the only thing which was cooked was "boiled eggs". However I cant say I paid a lot for this hotel but when I was booking I was getting a similar sort of price for other hotel's who had there own beach and restaurant, but I didnt book them as they had bad reviews here on tripadvisor.com.

Just want to let people know that if your going at this hotel dont go by the good reviews here as the hotel is not really as good as it sounds like by reading the reviews.

And finally btw on the last day I asked him if I can stay in the room for few extra hours as the coach is not coming to pick us up till late, he replied "it will be extra", then I asked him "whats your name" "it will be extra" he said hahahah !!!!

Alveda

Just

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Sharjeel S
KorkutBaltacigil, Owner at Orkide Hotel, responded to this review, 20 March 2012
First, I would like to thank you for taking time to write a review about our hotel.
We ask our night receptionist to keep te doors locked after a certain time of the night because of the safety reasons. We also ask him to patrol around in the hotel premises to see everything's in order. According to our past experiences this protects us from some unwanted events and keeps our guests safer.
The standard British market contract excludes the AC price. This is not set by us but by the companies in the market. It is your travel agency's duty to inform you about what's included in the price you pay. In all of the hotels who have personal AC you will find that you will have to pay extra for the AC.
Because we are not on the beach front we do not have right to have a place on the beach. We have never claimed that we have got our own part on the beach. Again, this seems to be your agency's lack of knowledge about the hotels they sell.
In all of the hotels at our rank (2*-3*-4*) you will find that open buffet Turkish breakfast is served and we have got a little more than what Turkish breakfast includes in our buffet.
During the high season it is nearly impossible to find any vacant rooms, as all of the check outs and check ins are going back to back. Keeping the room for "an extra few hours" does not cost you anything, but keeping the room until night time means extra work for our housekeepers, meaning, we do not charge for ourselves but for them. We usually advise our guests to check their flight times and make their hotel reservations according to that. Or at least letting us know in advance about their late check out needs.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
  • Turkish first
chester
Reviewed 4 February 2012

ıve already revıewed thıs hotel begınnıng and mıddle of the season last year-my 3rd vısıt was at the end of season.ım pleased to say that the standards and servıce ı fırst encountered were kept up all year.ı was one of only 2 guests on thıer fınal week of beıng open and the staffs enthusıasm never waıvered.ı cant praıse thıs place hıghly enough and wıll be returnıng agaın ı hope very soon.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled solo
3 Thank karen66Chester
Reviewed 7 November 2011

Very warm and friendly couldn't do enough for you booked to go again next year wouldn't want to be any where else. Location near all ementies, food excellant carnt wait to see this friendly staff next year :)x

• Stayed August 2011
Amlwch, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 October 2011

Am just back from 2 weeks at the orkide.
I have stayed at the Orkide many times during the last 7 years, as have many of my friends & family. it is an excellent location situate in Siteler midway between Marmaris & Icmeler, its location behind the main police station and 56 meters from the main sandy beach and paved promenade that extends from Marmaris Marina to Icmeler beach, its location could not be better.
The main road that connects the 2 resorts is only 70 meters from the reception area, for those who know marmaris its down the road opposite Migros supermarket. Dolmus runs every few minutes into town or to Icmeler, Turunc and further afield, additionally Taxi boats run from the beach to a variety of destinations.
In these modern times of all inclusive resorts the orkide is a throw back in time, a true old colonial style family run hotel with a charming tea garden. The rooms are simple oozing Turkish charm, all are en-suite with air con, clean with maid service, with only 50 rooms individual requests such as an extra pillow or towell are allways complied with a cheery smile.

The Manager Korkut (owners son) is an English university graduate and a most pleasing and polite person as you are likely to meet.
The star of the show has to be the bar manager Erdal, he has genuine warmth in his welcome, gives excellent service, and has a penchant for remembering names, a charming man.

I have already booked for May 12 and can't wait to go back, a perfect B&B hotel in a perfect location with staff who treat you like one of the family

Room Tip: Ask for a seaview
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank Colin H
Lincoln
Reviewed 11 October 2011

Second time at this hotel and would choose it every time. Friendly, relaxed atmosphere. Korkutt and all of the staff are extremely helpful. Perfect position, very close to beach and shops. Just far enough away from bars not to be bothered by noise, but still within easy walking distance. Rooms are clean and spacious, and the pool/bar is a relaxed but fun place to be (try the cocktails!!).

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with friends
Ayr Scotland
Reviewed 20 September 2011

There is not really much to add about the cleanliness, service, and ambience of the Orkide. Though I have spent a number of holidays in Marmaris I was unsure of this hotel's location so for those of you like myself I would advise that it is at the end of a side street opposite Migros with the large sign pointing to the Elegance apartments. The only downside I would point out is the lack of a lift for those with mobility difficulties,

• Stayed September 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank Fayrcomment
Hello, thank you for taking time to write a review for us. I'm also sorry for the belated response.
We have got a lift in the building. I wish you have just asked for it.
We are really sorry if this caused you a lot of difficulty.
Amsterdam
Reviewed 20 September 2011

just had my first holiday in marmaris and stayed at the orkide which was a excellent choice , this is a family run hotel very helpful and friendly staff. although a very basic room it was very clean , bedding and towels changed daily had everything you need for a fun filled week, would recommend this hotel and would definatley use this hotel again

georgina tranmere

Room Tip: rooms facing the pool are cooler at night
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple