“Winner of Travellers Choise 2012”
Review of Orkide Hotel

and 1 more site!
Orkide Hotel
Ranked #37 of 234 Hotels in Marmaris
Frederiksberg, Vestsjalland, Denmark
“Winner of Travellers Choise 2012”
Reviewed 26 June 2012

Surpriced ? No, not at all ! Orkide hotel absolutely deserve it ! Out of more 300 hotels in Marmaris it is allways ranked between the upper twenty !

Why ?
Since 1992 i have been travelling all over in Turkey and stayed in many different hotels i have never met such much hospitality ! Which means that i feel me like at home and in way like a menber of family with the hotel !

Well Well i have been a "quest" in my hotel Orkide 8 times over 2 years so i have met Korkut and his family and all the kind and friendly staff - and all of them are my friends !

I do not feel it is necessary to tell about the rooms and facilities because of course that is OKAY. And sitting near by the pool (and the bar) it is like to sit in an botanic garden !

This year i have been In Orkide 2 times and i am looking forward to back again in september !

Kind regards
Svend Aage Klein 26.06.2012

Room Tip: Yes i would not like to have an room at first floor !
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank Svend Aage K

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
  • Turkish first
Lochgelly, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 June 2012

We have just returned from 14 nights in the Orkide Hotel and we loved it,
We have been to Marmaris about 12 times in 9 years and normally stay in 4 star hotels however we decided to try the Orkide and we were not disappointed
Please note this is a budget hotel but what you get for you money is absolutely no pressure to buy more drinks or to eat in the hotel, The staff all try to be there for you to make your stay as enjoyable as it can be, We ate here the food is good and is well priced the drinks are also well priced, the rooms are very clean we always had hot water whenever we needed to use it day or night,
It was great and I will go back in September

Room Tip: I had a pool view and although you heard a bit of noise from traffic it certainly did not disturb my...
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
17 Thank Tom_The_Tailor
Newton Aycliffe, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 June 2012

We have just returned from a week in the Orkide and what a great place it is.

Located about 20 minutes walk from the Marina it was excellent positioned for the better beach and just far enough away from the very touristy area around the Marina.

Our room had two beds pushed together, a dressing table, wardrobe, TV and bathroom with shower. The bathroom had looked as if it had been recently refurbished. The room was cleanded daily, there was the option of aircon for an extra cost but we declined. The safe deposit boxes are in the reception area and cost £10 per week.

The beds were comfy enough and had a pillow each and a throw, I would have preferred a sheet as like to be covered but it really was not a problem.

Sleep quality was OK, more becuase of the noise on the road and the local call to Prayer by the local Mosque at 5am but we are late sleepers and I think if you are normal person who gets us at 8am then the raod noise would not bother you.

Whilst the public areas are dated they are very clean and well maintainted and for £12 per night what more can you expect.

We didnt spend much time around the pool which I actually regretted as we did spend our final day there and were surpirsed by the community atmosphere and overall pleasantness of the space.

The staff were amazing, and worked so hard from dawn til dusk......Although we spent little time in the hotel they all knew which room was ours and recognized us. They helped us sort out return transfer and didnt charge us for the phone (local call).

On our last day we checked out at noon but the (I think it was) Manager came over and said he was sorry we had to check out as normally would let us keep the room on until we left but that a regular was coming and likes our room - he then gave me the key for another room for us to have a shower!! NEVER in all my travels has anyone been so generous about keeping the room on, even when we left he was still apologising!

The food and drink round the pool was cheap and good quality.

Breakfast was the usual Turkish spread, tomatoes, cheese, bread, cereal etc. All served with a smile. I only made it twice as I like a lie in but both times were excellent.

The only thing I would change is if we went again I would ask for a pool view as those rooms have the last of the sun on them, which to me is the best time of the day.

Overall for the price and the * rating it was BRAVO!

Room Tip: Ask for a pool view if you want late sun. Side view if you want a cooler room.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank zedtwed
Sunderland, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 June 2012

Me and my boyfriend stayed in this hotel in august in of last year and we had an amzing time the staff could not be more help, the food was basic but lovely, really nice pool. The rooms were spacious and immaculate they were cleaned everyday. The hotel is a 2 minute walk from the beach and 5 minute walk to mcdonals perfect location with phonebox and shop right next to it. I would recommend this hotel to anyone that wants a relaxing holiday and also people who like to party as the all the bars are only a 5 minute walk too. x

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Amy R
UK
Reviewed 21 June 2012

I was traveling alone to meet some friends who were staying in a different hotel. The location of this hotel was close to the others and very close to the beach front. I chose it because it was very affordable and close to the beach.

The room was clean, tidy and spacious. The basic amenities were there. Actually my friends who were staying in a 4* further up the beach front, said my room was much bigger and clean compared to theirs!

They staff were kind and helpful. The general manager gave me some useful advice as a young, solo, female traveler which was helpful.
It seems like a lot of the guests were regular travelers who came back to the hotel time and time again for familiarity.

The breakfast wasn’t great but ok for a quick start I guess. The only thing I found odd was that they would lock the front door every night s when I returned from a night out I would have to ring the bell so the reception guy could let me in. I always felt bad because I could tell he’d been sleeping. Whether he was supposed to be awake the whole night I don’t know.

But all in all a very good last minute find for me and very well priced.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank FloatingStar
Amlwch, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 June 2012

if you want agood clean low cost hotel within 50 meters of the beach, this is it!!!!

a perfect little boutique hotel with a pool, garden and excellent restaurant, yards from bus stop, shops & beach, tv in room, air con, and clean towels daily.

Since our last visit in October 11 the bar has been refurbished and up-graded, with plasma tv, new lighting and new menu including pork dishes.
One thing has remained the same the staff & the service exellent!!! with a big "E" the head barman Erdal is like a fine wine, he improves with age, nothing is to much trouble and he is prepared to go the extra yard to satisfy everybodiies wishes.

I have no hesitation in writing this review, if you want value, and good old charm, the Orkide and Erdal and his staff are for you, and as a bonus Korkut the owner was educated in London and is the perfect English speaking host.

The worst thing is leaving to go home

Room Tip: ask for sea or pool view
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Colin H
whitehaven
Reviewed 6 June 2012

we have just returned from a 12 night stay at the orkide hotel marmaris and this hotel is one of the jewels of marmaris it is a family run hotel situated at the siteler end of marmaris 120 metres from the migros shopping centre and about 450 metres from the point centre and just at the most 30 metres from the promenade the hotel still holds the genuine turkish ambience what seems to be disappearing from most hotels in marmaris these days, what makes this hotel so special is the cooperation of all the staff and their impecciable manners to guests and no matter what time of day or night whatever you require the staff will get it for you imo this is a 3 star hotel with 7 star rating for customer care, service and cleanliness and as i posted on the marmaris forum if you think "oh they must have spent all their time and money at the hotel" we get up at 07.30 am, breakfast and are on the beach for 08.45am every day and do not return until 17.30 and we eat out every night. most of the guests we spoke to return year after year so that in itself proves a point, and anyone who likes a large cup of tea or coffee with their breakfast take your own cup the lads will wash them for you and bring them out for you in the morning so any one looking for a hotel with a real touch of turkish magic and hospitality you must book the orkide hotel we are returning in august with our daughter, son in law and two and a half year old grand daughter regards, demir.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple