“Fantastic Holiday”

Ranked #32 of 234 Hotels in Marmaris
Sheffield, United Kingdom
“Fantastic Holiday”
Reviewed 29 June 2012

What can I say that hasn't already been said.
On arrival we were greeted by the very friendly manager Korkut. We were show to the poolside bar for a much needed refreshing drink whilst our cases were taken up to our room. My wife is diabetic and has certain needs which were provided by the hotel with no fuss. We were given a top floor room with a magnificent sea view. A perfect start to a holiday that just got better and better. We opted for Air con at £40 per week and a safety deposit box at £10. In all honesty we could have probably done without the aircon as the night time temperature was relatively bearable. The room was spacious and cleaned every day. Our room had 3 beds and tiled floors both in bedroom and bathroom. A decent sized balcony overlooked the sea. This is a budget hotel and yes quite basic but it is more than adequate. The price you pay is a fair reflection.The hotel is located perfectly only 1 minutes walk to the beach. Most days we stayed around the pool as the atmosphere amongst both the staff and other guests was second to none. This was in stark contrast to our trip to Marmaris last year when we stayed at the Flamingo Hotel (see our other review). The Guests at the Flamingo were 90% Russians so the atmosphere around the place was dire. There were a fair mixture of Nationalities at the Orkide, mainly English, Scottish and Irish mixed in with a few Swedish and French who were all very pleasant and sociable. There were a couple of Russians who just kept themselves to themselves (miserable lot). The Restaurants in Marmaris all serve fantastic food wherever you go but I must say that the food at the Orkide was excellent and good value for Money. The chicken casserole and Anatolian Mixed Grill were gorgeous. The bar staff Erdal (manager) and the 2 boys Salih and Fatih were absolutely fantastic. Nothing was too much trouble. They would interact with all the guests without ever being intrusive. After just one visit we would even class them as friends and the same goes for Manager Korkut. I have never stayed anywhere with such a fantastic atmosphere around the place.
I have only one concern about this hotel. The Orkide is rapidly climbing up the Trip Advisor ranking list and I hope Korkut appreciates why. The staff are excellent, Korkut is the perfect host,the prices are very reasonable and the mixture of Nationalities is perfect (mainly British LOL). Please keep this mixture as it is the reason why this hotel will soon be number 1 on here.
If prices increase and the Russians invade the place then I fear that the magic of this little gem will be lost. I cannot think of anywhere I would rather stay when we visit Marmaris again.
Big shout out to Paula Colin and Fred who were amongst the many people we met there and had some great Laughs. England Nil Italy Nil, what a Fix!!!!
Thanks Korkut and hope to see you all again soon
Terry and Sharon

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank terrysharon

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
  • Turkish first
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 June 2012

Just got back from our 2 week stay in the orkide what can i say we had such a great holiday it was in the perfect location for the beach if thats what you want we like to stay by the pool and a great pool it is to we got the sun all day.
The staff are so friendly (salii,farti and erdal) the manager korkut would do anything for you and his wife and little boy artish are really nice to.
We must say salii was always smiling and got on really well with us the food is great value for money and we ate there almost every night (chicken casserole a must have) rooms always very clean hot water on tap shower room tiled very nice and maid cleaned room every day.
The other guest's are so friendly you feel like a big family, we met some great people and will stay friends with them terry and sharon (hi) had some great laughs and will definatley go to this little gem of Turkey again.
GREAT VALUE FOR MONEY !!!!!!!!!!!
Paula, Colin and Fred.

Room Tip: Pool view very nice but rooms can get a little hot would advise A/C
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Paula B
Frederiksberg, Vestsjalland, Denmark
Reviewed 26 June 2012

Surpriced ? No, not at all ! Orkide hotel absolutely deserve it ! Out of more 300 hotels in Marmaris it is allways ranked between the upper twenty !

Why ?
Since 1992 i have been travelling all over in Turkey and stayed in many different hotels i have never met such much hospitality ! Which means that i feel me like at home and in way like a menber of family with the hotel !

Well Well i have been a "quest" in my hotel Orkide 8 times over 2 years so i have met Korkut and his family and all the kind and friendly staff - and all of them are my friends !

I do not feel it is necessary to tell about the rooms and facilities because of course that is OKAY. And sitting near by the pool (and the bar) it is like to sit in an botanic garden !

This year i have been In Orkide 2 times and i am looking forward to back again in september !

Kind regards
Svend Aage Klein 26.06.2012

Room Tip: Yes i would not like to have an room at first floor !
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank Svend Aage K
Lochgelly, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 June 2012

We have just returned from 14 nights in the Orkide Hotel and we loved it,
We have been to Marmaris about 12 times in 9 years and normally stay in 4 star hotels however we decided to try the Orkide and we were not disappointed
Please note this is a budget hotel but what you get for you money is absolutely no pressure to buy more drinks or to eat in the hotel, The staff all try to be there for you to make your stay as enjoyable as it can be, We ate here the food is good and is well priced the drinks are also well priced, the rooms are very clean we always had hot water whenever we needed to use it day or night,
It was great and I will go back in September

Room Tip: I had a pool view and although you heard a bit of noise from traffic it certainly did not disturb my...
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
17 Thank Tom_The_Tailor
Newton Aycliffe, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 June 2012

We have just returned from a week in the Orkide and what a great place it is.

Located about 20 minutes walk from the Marina it was excellent positioned for the better beach and just far enough away from the very touristy area around the Marina.

Our room had two beds pushed together, a dressing table, wardrobe, TV and bathroom with shower. The bathroom had looked as if it had been recently refurbished. The room was cleanded daily, there was the option of aircon for an extra cost but we declined. The safe deposit boxes are in the reception area and cost £10 per week.

The beds were comfy enough and had a pillow each and a throw, I would have preferred a sheet as like to be covered but it really was not a problem.

Sleep quality was OK, more becuase of the noise on the road and the local call to Prayer by the local Mosque at 5am but we are late sleepers and I think if you are normal person who gets us at 8am then the raod noise would not bother you.

Whilst the public areas are dated they are very clean and well maintainted and for £12 per night what more can you expect.

We didnt spend much time around the pool which I actually regretted as we did spend our final day there and were surpirsed by the community atmosphere and overall pleasantness of the space.

The staff were amazing, and worked so hard from dawn til dusk......Although we spent little time in the hotel they all knew which room was ours and recognized us. They helped us sort out return transfer and didnt charge us for the phone (local call).

On our last day we checked out at noon but the (I think it was) Manager came over and said he was sorry we had to check out as normally would let us keep the room on until we left but that a regular was coming and likes our room - he then gave me the key for another room for us to have a shower!! NEVER in all my travels has anyone been so generous about keeping the room on, even when we left he was still apologising!

The food and drink round the pool was cheap and good quality.

Breakfast was the usual Turkish spread, tomatoes, cheese, bread, cereal etc. All served with a smile. I only made it twice as I like a lie in but both times were excellent.

The only thing I would change is if we went again I would ask for a pool view as those rooms have the last of the sun on them, which to me is the best time of the day.

Overall for the price and the * rating it was BRAVO!

Room Tip: Ask for a pool view if you want late sun. Side view if you want a cooler room.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank zedtwed
Sunderland, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 June 2012

Me and my boyfriend stayed in this hotel in august in of last year and we had an amzing time the staff could not be more help, the food was basic but lovely, really nice pool. The rooms were spacious and immaculate they were cleaned everyday. The hotel is a 2 minute walk from the beach and 5 minute walk to mcdonals perfect location with phonebox and shop right next to it. I would recommend this hotel to anyone that wants a relaxing holiday and also people who like to party as the all the bars are only a 5 minute walk too. x

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Amy R
UK
Reviewed 21 June 2012

I was traveling alone to meet some friends who were staying in a different hotel. The location of this hotel was close to the others and very close to the beach front. I chose it because it was very affordable and close to the beach.

The room was clean, tidy and spacious. The basic amenities were there. Actually my friends who were staying in a 4* further up the beach front, said my room was much bigger and clean compared to theirs!

They staff were kind and helpful. The general manager gave me some useful advice as a young, solo, female traveler which was helpful.
It seems like a lot of the guests were regular travelers who came back to the hotel time and time again for familiarity.

The breakfast wasn’t great but ok for a quick start I guess. The only thing I found odd was that they would lock the front door every night s when I returned from a night out I would have to ring the bell so the reception guy could let me in. I always felt bad because I could tell he’d been sleeping. Whether he was supposed to be awake the whole night I don’t know.

But all in all a very good last minute find for me and very well priced.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled solo