“Excellent Food and Service”
Review of Drunken Crab - CLOSED

Drunken Crab
Price range: US$12 - US$31
Cuisines: Seafood, Turkish, International, Wine Bar
Good for: Business meetings, Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 21 September 2013

I had been planning on visiting the Drunken Crab whilst on holiday in Marmaris as it sounded intriguing. I thought however I was going to be disappointed as I forgot to book and also thought I had missed the opportunity as I knew they were closed some evenings and didn't think they would re-open until we had returned to the UK.so it was a great surprise on a visit to Bar Street with my wife to find then open and also able to accommodate us. The restaurant is small with some 20 t 24 covers and is located in an old fishermen's cottage. We had a selection of mezze to start followed by mussels for my wife and beautifully fresh Sea Bream for myself which I was shown in the chiller cabinet when asking what the fish of the day was (there was also the option of Sea Bass and Salmon). We weren't sure which wine to have so were offered a taste of one as there was a little left in a bottle but decided that we wanted something drier. Kim suggested an alternative and said that if we didn't like it she would find something else but it was delicious. We were offered a complimentary dessert of fresh fruit and chocolate brownie which neither my wife or I are fans of but I think we have probably been converted as they were delicious. Don't be put off by the address in Bar Street as it is ht at the start (or end depending on which way you are walking) and is definitely worth a visit for great service and beautifully fresh fish (meat dishes are also available).

2  Thank DJWindy

Reviewed 7 September 2013

the most delicious place in Marmaris. Kim and Mustafa are so kind and friendly,foods are amazing and very fresh. You should try!

Reviewed 5 September 2013

We had a wonderful meal in this beautiful restaurant. freshly cooked food served with an abundance of bread and salad.a complimentary dessert of warm chocolate brownies with ice cream and fresh fruit finished the meal perfectly.at 150 TL for four people with drinks it was an absolute bargain and we will definitely be returning. Fabulous food and friendly welcoming hosts what more do you need ?

1  Thank socksy5199
Reviewed 27 August 2013

A charming place. An example of the restaurant, as it should be. You will not pull the sleeve and does not shout you in broken Russian or English come on, come on. Absolutely fresh food and tasty dishes. Kim and Mustafa are amazingly friendly and caring restaurateurs. The other restaurants in Marmaris can not be compared. Drunken Crab best.

4  Thank PashaVK
Reviewed 23 August 2013

After reading amazing reviews on Trip advisor, myself and my boyfriend thought we must eat here, and we are so glad we did.

The restaurant is on the famous or infamous Bar Street which is the stomping ground of party holiday makers, but at the end of this street is The Drunken Crab. A beautifully quaint restaurant run by Mustafa and Kim (who is a fellow Brit).

We sat down by a massive open window that was beautiful, we didn't hear any loud noise from the other bars, and the breeze was pleasant. We got a few visits from 'Gabby' the cat, who was very tame, even though she's a stray.

For our starter Kim told us we can mix and match so we could try a few things, we went for the salted sardines and dolma. Both were beautifully cooked and presented on lovely plates.

For main I had garlic prawn (5), which came with bread, a lovely dressed salad and rice. My boyfriend had seabass, that came with the same sides...Both our meals were amazing. My prawns were the best prawns I had in Marmaris (I had a lots of fish while on holiday) They were full of flavour and so fresh. My boyfriends seabass was full of flavour perfectly cooked, I had to stop myself from ordering it too.

Our plates were taken away and we were asked if we wanted to have our dessert, as we got a free dessert that came with our meal!

Our dessert came, it was a home made chocolate orange brownie with loads of fresh fruit that decorated the plate....it was heavenly, and I don't even like chocolate and orange....but this was amazing!

After we had our meal we had a chat with Mustafa and Kim about the restaurant. We found out that Mustafa was born in the restaurant that was previously his family home. Mustafa opened up the restaurant and his friend opened up in pub a few doors down. They both worked together and shared the profits. When Mustafa told us this fantastic story it really gave a insight to the area, and I could see he was sadden to see what it has become. While talking to them we spoke about wanting to see more of the real Marmaris, they told us to go to a fabulous beach which we did the next day. We also told them of our negative experience at the Armutalan hamam (we left without getting a treatment as they were trying to rob us blind) Mustafa said he knew a few people with hamams, so he walked up the road to ask his friend the price of his hamam, called another friend and gave us a few places, names and what the real price should be, and what we should expect. We were so grateful, Kim and Mustafa enriched our holiday, and we are so grateful.

We went back on our last night to have dinner, but we forgot they were closed on Monday, I think it was...I was sad not to say goodbye to them, they were lovely.

Our meal and prices:

Salted sardines 9TL
Stuffed vine leaves 8 TL
Sea Bass 24TL
King prawns (5) 35TL
Fresh Orange juice 6TL
2 Beers 14TL
What I think to be a small water 1.5 TL

If your in Marmaris, you must visit this beautiful restaurant

1  Thank Alisha_RW