“Stand out restaurant”
Review of Drunken Crab - CLOSED

Drunken Crab
Price range: US$12 - US$31
Cuisines: Seafood, Turkish, International, Wine Bar
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Child-friendly, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
London
“Stand out restaurant”
Reviewed 23 September 2013

Cosy warm atmosphere, faultless outstanding food and a personal service straight from the owners.

My fiancee and I have just gotten back from a 2 week all inclusive holiday in Marmaris. Our hotel had lackluster food and on a number of nights we went looking to eat in town. Marmaris is filled of samey looking restaurants which try to cater to everyone, selling similar looking meals and trying to be a bar at the same time. Drunken Crab seems to be one of the only places in the area that looks and acts like a restaurant.

We popped by one night to look at the menu - and decided to come back another night for the seafood paella (you need 24h notice)

A few days later we turned up and had our meal. Both my fiancee and I agreed it was the best fish dish we'd ever eaten, I refilled my plate 5 times - my fiancee 3 times ... there was still some left! Side dishes were great too. Dessert was an orange brownie with vanilla ice cream and fruit - another culinary delight.

Credit must be given to the owners, their warm chatty helpful nature leaves you with an even greater experience. The food was superb value for money, we gave a healthy tip - had we'd not been on a budget I'd have happily tipped even more.

Five star.

3 Thank LiamFMurphy

Uckfield
“Excellent Food and Service”
Reviewed 21 September 2013

I had been planning on visiting the Drunken Crab whilst on holiday in Marmaris as it sounded intriguing. I thought however I was going to be disappointed as I forgot to book and also thought I had missed the opportunity as I knew they were closed some evenings and didn't think they would re-open until we had returned to the UK.so it was a great surprise on a visit to Bar Street with my wife to find then open and also able to accommodate us. The restaurant is small with some 20 t 24 covers and is located in an old fishermen's cottage. We had a selection of mezze to start followed by mussels for my wife and beautifully fresh Sea Bream for myself which I was shown in the chiller cabinet when asking what the fish of the day was (there was also the option of Sea Bass and Salmon). We weren't sure which wine to have so were offered a taste of one as there was a little left in a bottle but decided that we wanted something drier. Kim suggested an alternative and said that if we didn't like it she would find something else but it was delicious. We were offered a complimentary dessert of fresh fruit and chocolate brownie which neither my wife or I are fans of but I think we have probably been converted as they were delicious. Don't be put off by the address in Bar Street as it is ht at the start (or end depending on which way you are walking) and is definitely worth a visit for great service and beautifully fresh fish (meat dishes are also available).

2 Thank DJWindy
Ankara, Turkey
“Drunken Crab”
Reviewed 7 September 2013

the most delicious place in Marmaris. Kim and Mustafa are so kind and friendly,foods are amazing and very fresh. You should try!

• Visited August 2013
newport
“absolute delight”
Reviewed 5 September 2013

We had a wonderful meal in this beautiful restaurant. freshly cooked food served with an abundance of bread and salad.a complimentary dessert of warm chocolate brownies with ice cream and fresh fruit finished the meal perfectly.at 150 TL for four people with drinks it was an absolute bargain and we will definitely be returning. Fabulous food and friendly welcoming hosts what more do you need ?

1 Thank socksy5199
Moscow, Russia
“Wonderful rescue”
Reviewed 27 August 2013

A charming place. An example of the restaurant, as it should be. You will not pull the sleeve and does not shout you in broken Russian or English come on, come on. Absolutely fresh food and tasty dishes. Kim and Mustafa are amazingly friendly and caring restaurateurs. The other restaurants in Marmaris can not be compared. Drunken Crab best.

• Visited August 2013