“for the price you pay its okay”
Review of Angels Inn

Angels Inn
Ranked #19 of 80 Marmaris B&B and Inns
Glasgow
“for the price you pay its okay”
Reviewed 11 September 2013

The location was good - just a short walk to the beach or the main road where the buses go to Icemeler, or the marina. The pool was tiny and a bit shaded but we went to the beach as the beach in Mamaris was lovely anyway. The turkish breakfast was lovely, but they also did a nice breakfast for a small cost. The safe was £2 per day, the Aircon £5 perday. The staff were by far this hotels best asset. It is family run and they were so nice, nothing was too much trouble for them. they called to confirm our transfer for us ( no cost for the call) and they always had a smile on their faces. Our room was in need some TLC - but for the money we paid, it was exceptional value. I would have liked to have tried their food as it always looked and smelled good when we went past on our way out or in, but we didnt get the chance to unfortunately. I would choose a higher star next time we go to mamaris, but this hotel did not detract from our holiday one bit - we had a fab time and are planning to go back to Mamaris next year again. There are such a massive variation of the quality of the hotels in Mamaris and they dont seem to go in for big pools that much either.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank dotGlasgow

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Oxford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 September 2013

Have been to Angels inn, and its a great place , lovely food, very friendly staff
and very happy man Manager Murat :)
the place is in a very good location, very close to the sea beach, shops and the bus stop to go to elsewhere.
the food is amazingly fresh, testy and good value.
its a family run business, friendly staff and the management.
had nice and relaxing holidays in this place.
i recommend to you all.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
4 Thank Mkd20
Oslo, Norway
Reviewed 9 September 2013

this hotel ıs amazing !!
staff are great and you can have a really good laugh wıth them !!!
the food ıs nıce and everything ıs clean !!
the pool ıs a lıttle small but ıt does ıt,s job !!

ıts round a quiet environment and you are able to sleep at nıght.!!
there ıs free facilities lıke ınternet and pool also nıntendo!

defıetley come to this hotel. !!!

your bedrooms are cleaned daily and the maıds do a really good job !!i
Highly Recommend !
thanks guys !!! x

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank Sunflower355
Oldham, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 August 2013

My sister and I stayed here for a week from 10th August, the location of this hotel is perfect for a 5 min stroll to the beach where all the sun loungers and umbrellas are free providing you buy a drink from the bar they belong to. Our room was B105 in the older block and was ideal for our needs(showering/sleeping) we did see one of the rooms in the other block and I must say they are much nicer. The pool is small but very clean with ample sun beds around it. We stayed on a half board basis and can honestly say the food was very good, it comprised of a Turkish breakfast and a choice of main courses from the menu for your evening meal, you could pay £2 or 6TL to have a full English breakfast which we did on a few occasions and thoroughly enjoyed it. The staff at the Angels are all fantastic and work so very hard all day long, I find it hard to believe people can write bad reviews about this 2* hotel I can honestly say I would return. Many thanks Murat, Aiysha, Adam and 'George Clooney'.

Room Tip: Although a little more expensive rooms in the main block are the best.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Elizabeth S
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 August 2013

We've recently got back from the Angels Inn and i would definitely go back next year. The rooms were basic and very clean, the staff were friendly and will do anything they can to help you out. There was a lot of choice on the menu for evening meals and the food was very nice. It's only 5 minutes walk to the beach, where we went every day. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone who wants a low cost holiday in which you enjoy every last minute of it like we did. Thanks to all the staff for everything you did for us to make our holiday more enjoyable than we expected.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank nmurphy333
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 August 2013

Myself and my boyfriend spent 7 days at The Angels Inn during July. We were slightly apprehensive about staying there because of some off the negative reviews, but we thought we would give it a go.

We got to The Angels Inn, to be met by 'Simon' The Angels Inn front man. He gave us a warm welcome, introduced himself, took us to the seated area (which was really nice and comfortable) asked us if we wanted a drink and told us to wait to meet Murat.

I ordered an orange juice and 'Simon' came over to give it to us. He sat down, and started to ask us about ourselves. one of his first questions were 'Do you like to party' we replied awkwardly to the question with 'errrmmm sort of' I don't think he was convinced by our feeble reply, he then asked some other questions that started to make me think, hold up, are we being groomed to see if we'll be spending all our TL at the bar day and night? I became a bit worried that we were going to have to sit in the bar for a few hours, before being shown our room, but before long Murat came over.

He was really chilled out less forward then 'Simon' which I liked. we had a chat, he recommend his brother-in-laws restaurant (which was lovely) and told us about the area.

He then got down to business. He asked us if we wanted air-con, we said 'Yes' he asked us if we wanted a safety deposit box we said 'Yes'. He was so shocked, he said 'Great, yes to everything'. We knew we wanted both of these things as it was around 40 degrees in Turkey at the time, and we wanted to keep our things safe. He then asked us if we wanted to go half board for a good price. That's when the 'yes' turned to 'no'. We both wanted to visit restaurants that we had seen of Trip Advisor. He was fine about it when we said no and then were sent to our room. Murat said that the orange juice I had was on the house, which was nice.One of the lovely young male stuff took us to our room, and took our bags. As most people have read there are two buildings one old one, one new one. We were in the old one, on the 3rd floor room 206.

The Room

The walls had been recently painted along with the ceilings they had got new curtains, bedside tables and a dressing table with no chair. There were two side lights a main light, a bathroom room light and a light that didn't work on the balcony.

There was no T.V in the room, not a problem we don't understand Turkish, There was no fridge in the room, that's ok we didn't have anything that needed to go in the fridge. There was an old cupboard with a few mashed up hangers. The cupboard was old and could do with a new one or just new doors as its inbuilt. One of the great things was the mosquito wire built in to the one of the windows, so you could keep the window open (when the air-con wasn't on) with no fear of bugs. The sheets...the sheets were really grubby, they had stains on the top blanket, it would be an idea for the hotel to bleach them or throw them, the bed was quite hard, the carpets were clean, so far ok.....until we saw the bathroom.

The Bathroom

Turkey, is a Muslim country, so you will notice all toilets will have a pipe to clean your bum. I would not recommend using it as we are not used to the water. The pipe in this toilet was covered in limescale, which was really horrible. I brought cleaning wipes with me, to clean things like the sink. The sink had a lot of grime covering it. The unit above the sink was falling off along with the toilet paper holder and towel rack. The shower, the shower....I shouldn't of called this room the bathroom, I should of called it the wet room, as the shower was just in the bath room....there was no shower curtain or shower glass....I could live with that. The water pressure was ok, but it was hard to get the right temperature throughout our stay, the toilet kept refilling with water so we had to turn off the water in the end, because it was so annoying to try to sleep with the sound of refilling toilet water. We couldn't shut the bathroom window, because there's a few wild chickens that make quite a lot of noise in the morning, it wasn't that bad, it wasn't that loud, it just really bothered me one morning.

Air-con

Standard £5 a day. It was over the bed and was controlled by remote. You could change the angle of the air coming out. It was powerful, so powerful we had to turn it of one night....so...yeah value for money. You cant keep it on when your not in the room as the electric fob was attached to the room key, but you wouldn't leave air-con on in your house for 8 hours while your out, so why do it on holiday. its so powerful, it works in moments anyway.

Safety deposit box

Standard £5 a night. It was at reception which was a bit annoying, as we were in the old block. There was one key (which was always at front desk) and your key , you had to turn them at the same time and the box would open. They were safe, I was happy to use it, I just would of liked it if it was in our room.

Breakfast

Breakfast was a traditional Turkish breakfast with a fried egg, not a hard boiled egg (I think to keep British people happy) It was tasty and fresh, great to eat in a hot country. We loved it. The young boys that worked at in the hotel and the lady that wore an Angels Inn blue T-shirt were so lovely, just so friendly. We spoke to them and found out that they were just working in the area till the seasons over then going home. They work really hard, and they're lovely and a credit to The Angels Inn.

While having our breakfast 'Simon' came over, sat down, and started to talk to us once again, I was starting to find this rather annoying, but went along with it, shared a few more words over breakfast nearly everyday..... He asked us if we wanted to do shisha this afternoon, he said 'I'll do a special price, special price' normally its 30TL but he'll do it for 25 TL....While having breakfast we met a fellow Brit. I asked her how was her stay, she looked at me raised an eye toward 'Simon' and as I thought he was designed to get us to spend, spend, spend by whatever means necessary.

He consistently asked us to do shisha. We actually did shisha on the Marina for 10TL, we managed to haggle of 5TL so 10TL....'Simon' was going to charge us 25TL!!!!!!

Location

The location is fantastic really close to the beach and to kipa (ran by Tesco) where I would suggest buying water from, as we were charged a lot for water from our hotel.

Room service

our bed sheets were changed 2 times and our room was cleaned often...we got into our bed after the sheets were changed to discover there was a few blood stains in the corner (it was clearly washed) but the stain hadn't come out. It was in the corner of the sheet, so we kept on making it clear that it was there, buy folding the top sheet so the under sheet was clearly visible but it just was ignored by the maid (who, apart from that was nice) We didn't mention to management as we started to feel a little uncomfortable, and didn't want to cause a problem, but it did get changed in the end.

WiFi

We couldn't get WiFi in our room, which is a bit annoying, we could only get it in the public areas of the hotel. It felt really awkward to ask for the password. We only asked them when we finally ate dinner there on the 5th night....what a mistake.....I wish we NEVER ate there.

Pool

The pool was small, but not busy at all. I actually learnt to swim in the pool!!!!! the shallow end was still quite deep, so if you have children they need to know how to swim. There is a safety ring, and it was clean.

Others

I would suggest if your buying drinks pay straight away. I think because we did that they felt that we didn't trust them, but I did note a few people arguing about bar bills that weren't there's, so we thought pay as we go, so no arguments.

The lights in the stairwell and all of the old block turned off at maybe 11/12 so we had to walk to our room in complete darkness....this is a massive health and safety issue, one trip and you could end up in hospital.

EVERY time you leave the hotel you are asked where your going....and I mean every time 'Simon' would pop up out of nowhere shouting out your name asking you what your doing and where your going...and of course the offer of 'special price' shisha. When we came back to the hotel at night we always saw some poor unsuspecting tourist doing shisha with 'Simon'.

Through out my time at The Angels Inn I felt bullied by 'Simon'. I don't know if bullied is the right word...maybe bamboozled. He lied to us saying that we couldn't walk to Armulatan to the Hamman because it would take us 2 hours...we walked there in 15 minutes, there's even a bus that goes there from outside our hotel for 2TL...He bullied us into eating at their restaurant and having a drink. I feel embarrassed to say that we were bullied, as its my chose, I'm generally a very strong person, but I felt that I needed to be 'respectful' and 'polite'...I lost that during the last few days, so he leached onto some other young travellers.

The hotel is in a great location the young staff and the lady that worked there were lovely. We meet Aysha once and she was lovely and looked very professional. Murat was nice....but 'Simon'.....Honestly is the best policy, when you start lying to your guests....they don't come back, and they don't feel comfortable. I have friends coming to the area, I told them about my stay, they're staying elsewhere. We're going back next year, but we wont be staying here....lost business. When we left 'Simon' hid, one of the staff members (the lady in the blue Angels Inn top) had to shout at him to make him say goodbye....he couldn't even look us in the eye.....That's what happens when your not honest, and you get caught out, you feel shame.

Thank you to the people that made us feel welcome. I would say if you want to stay here its a 2 star hotel, its basic, it functions, not frills great location.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 206. I think in the old block its the best of a bad bunch. Buy your water from Kip...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Alisha_RW
Reviewed 21 August 2013

The staff are very friendly and helpful. The room was basic but very clean. We went half board and the food was really nice we recommend this hotel and we are planning to come back next year. John and lorraine would like to say a big thank you to all the staff for making our holiday so enjoyable. It was ace .thank you

• Stayed August 2013