“poor service..”

Ranked #94 of 234 Hotels in Marmaris
worcester
“poor service..”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 September 2013

we booked this hotel because it looked really nice in the pictures an the location was good, when we got there realised our room was a very small box room, complained that we booked a triple room size, we were told it was a triple room. speaking to other residents it was clear it was a normal size room with just another bed put it. beacuse of that we had no space to walk around the room at all...
fridge did not work from day one an it took them 3 days to replacce it, were told we had a safe in the room for free but had to pay 50 tl for it, very rude an not bothered about our needs, however he listened well to the russian girls who stayed there... complete perve, only took notice of the young hot girls...
wifi was useless, only worked in the foyer an that was for only 3 days.

have to say the best thing was the location as its on the main street thats about it really.

no sun on the pool area most of the day as its at the back with tall buildings around it so if you go for a swim you will need to find some sun to to dry off...

however did enjoy the holiday as we didnt really stay in the hotel much after all that.

Room Tip: Try a hotel off the main street as it will be cheaper an better value for your money, plus the super...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank addy_p2013

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
  • Turkish first
Erskine, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 September 2013

As someone who goes to marmaris and other parts of turkey 3 or more times a year for 10 years I have never been made to feel the way I did on the first night of arriving at the cihanturk.
We were a group of 6 family of 4 (3 and 7 year old children)and myself and my 3 year old daughter.
On arriving we were told there were problems with our rooms! they could put the family of 4 in two different rooms instead of the family room they had booked and myself and my daughter in the hotel next door for one night only! After showing we were not happy and turning down the offer of free safes in each room for the rest of the stay we finally agreed on sleeping in the only rooms they could give us as we had a long journey we accepted the offer of a free meal in the restaurant one night.
My friend put there bags in their room and we were then taken across to the other hotel for my room. Only myself, my daughter and friend went up to the very top floor of the hotel which looks like it hasn't been redecorated in 50years!!! and put our bags in a very small room with tilted roof so at one side even me at 5foot had to watch my head the single beds were not single in any sense even for Turkey! they were tiny and the room understandably at the top floor was stuffy so we quickly left our bags and went back to the cihanturk to get ready for dinner in one of my friends rooms.
As we returned to the hotel around 11, I returned to the hotel beside cihanturk.As I was about to get my daughter ready I decided to check the beds were clean something I don't normally do but I knew several things were just not right with this hotel. The bed and sheets were filthy!! I could then hear every word people on the street or in the bars next to the hotel something I could not hear during the day as it was quiet, so not only had the hotel not seen a lick of pain in 50 years its windows had also not been maintained. I picked up my now shattered 3 year old and went back to the cihanturk who's manager "was not answering" the night shift guy could not help me there were no rooms available and would not give me money to pay for another room in one of the hotels up at the marina I knew would have a room available! I had a 3 year old sitting falling asleep and crying she was tired and he still would not look at me and help! One of the restaurant staff wondered through reception and tried to comfort me by acknowledging the state of the hotel next door but apologising there was nothing more they could do. I had no other choice but to wake up my friend and bring my bags from the other hotel into their room and have 4 of us sleep between 2 single beds.

The next morning we went straight to the manager who then came and sat with us as we had breakfast. He apologised and explained he was in hospital and would have paid personally for a room at a better hotel for me and my daughter if he knew I would be as upset as I was not being able to ensure my daughter was in a safe and clean room. After 20minutes of us complaining and him being as sympathetic and apologetic as he could he then proceeded to fall from his chair, managed to miss hitting his head off the table and floor. The funny thing is none of the restaurant staff who were listening and watching as we were making our complaint ran over to help their manager/Colleague. After shouting for them to help the manager he then came round from his "blackout" grabbing onto his side (appendix area)

This was all fake and after visiting turkey so often I have seen and heard everything now!!! however he did succeed in us accepting the situation. We were finally given,our rooms along with a bag for each room filled with chocolate, snacks and orange juice.

The rest of the stay at the hotel was good except several other people telling us they were put in the hotel next door on their first night. Sounds to me like the cihanturk wants to ensure they are always fully booked and not losing out any business at the expense of the customers first night.

Since returning I have noticed other reviews saying the same.

We stayed from 27th june to 6 july.

We all still love Marmaris but would never recommend the cihanturk even though I should be used to the Turkish / Kurdish tricks with treatment I got that night with a 3 year old on my own in a hotel you wouldn't put an enemy in it still shocked me.

However looking forward to returning next week, maybe even park my car beside the restaurant as it is so close to the point centre and beach before driving to my other holiday resort of the trip.

Room Tip: The rooms at the cihanturk are ok just do not accept to be moved to the hotel across (andys bar as I...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Heather M
Romford, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 September 2013

Got a spacious family room for 6 - arrived at 3.30am and was taken across the road to a cramped room for 3 on day 1 and asked to pay 100TL extra as our room was not ready. Once were in Cihan turk we couldn't fault it - great value and service

Room Tip: corner rooms are more spacious
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Mimi K
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 September 2013

Just returned from a 2 week stay at the cianturk,after a mix up with over booking we eventually got our rooms the following day the manager was ever so helpful.Hassan and his colleagues where brilliant ,we had such a laugth with then an nothing was too much trouble,The location was brilliant everything on your doorstep,the beach i min away ,The maids where fab ,clean towels each day an sheets changed every other,would deafently return and recommend

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking pool area quieter
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Dave F
Liverpool, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2013

the cihan turk was very good value for money
we stayed half board, the food was buffet style all you can eat, breakfast menu was very basic, the evening menu was the same on offer every night BUT we had enough choices of chinese and indian food and only moaned at the extra inches we gained around our waiste line
the hotel rooms were excellent and cleaned every other day with fresh towels and sheets
the pool area is not great but it is ok
the music around the pool area is very loud and needs to be lowered a touch, so you could relax more while having a dip
the location to the beach and shops is 5 out of 5
the only down side to our trip was the fact that the hotel manager came up with some LAME excuse that the hotel was fully booked due to rooms being unsuitable to stay in, so we were placed in an adjacent hotel for 1 night, this hotel was far far from satisfactory
all in all our stay here was enjoyable and the staff were very friendly
I WILL STAY HERE AGAIN

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Low Cost Holidays

Airdrie, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2013

Arrived here on the 24 aug to discover we had no room had to stay across the road in a very small pokey hot room with no fridge finally got our room the next day through alt of arguing the room itself was really nice with a great view and very clean. But theres no entertainment and the food is the very same every single day and night you get sick of it after 2days and have to eat elsewhere but its everyones choice. If you dont like harassed every day whilst trying to shop or go for a nice walk turkey isnt the place to go. If you got kids theres nothing in this hotel for them only a small pool theyll be bored out there skull you cant have a drink at the pool unless you buy it of them which was ridiculous in the very hot water and there drinks are expensive they only put music on at the pool about 3pm every day but all in all it is clean and therre are many other places to go for entertainment so please cihanturk liven up your hotel and give your customers a wee drink with there dinner even a lass of water with out paying for it.

Room Tip: 203 has a lovely balcony with great views
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Volgograd, Russia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2013

Just came back from this hotel. Stayed there for 6 days. Loved it. Hotel location is perfect! Central to everything (close to bars, shops and places to eat) and the beach was literally two minutes away. And if you don’t like to pay for sunbeds you can always go to public beach, which is 7 min. away. Our room wasn’t very spacious but it was cleaned every day. But anyway no one wants to stay in hotel room when you are in Marmaris , so the size of the room didn’t bother us. Food in the hotel restaurant was tasty and those who complain about it….come on! Its not like you have 15 courses of food for every meal at home. The pool is small but clean. The stuff was friendly and helpful always around if you needed anything. So I will certainly recommend this hotel to everyone.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends