“here are only a child, very beautiful, very handsome plate is coming to see him again next year”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Cihanturk Hotel

Cihanturk Hotel
Ranked #93 of 234 Hotels in Marmaris
Moscow, Russia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 October 2013

A very nice hotel in CihanTürk especially if there are children running the halls in England take how many times I said I did not come back, especially in a child's eyes, and her hair is very nice and the physics of my death, I wish I were that kid I would recommend only see him in the name hımza

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank jessika m

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
  • Turkish first
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 September 2013

We have recently come back from cihanturk hotel and I can truely stay I would never stay here again! I have been to turkey numerous times and never had problems like this hotel before.
The night we arrived we were moved to a hotel 10 minutes down the road due to not having any of our rooms available, normally this wouldn't of been a problem but it was 3 o clock in the morning and we had a 3 year old with us! We were told to come back the next day at 11:30 which meant that we missed our welcome meeting. On arriving back at the hotel we were advised that we needed pay for one more adult for the entire week due to Dawson and Sanderson not sending the paperwork, we told him to ring the travel agents as we had all the updated paperwork which we showed him! The manager then started to complain about that we needed to reimburse him due to him moving our hotel on the first night. The room was clean and the air conditioning was free which was a bonus the rooms were cleaned very well daily and the sheets were changed 3 times in the week. The shower didn't work properly and we had to keep pumping the shower for it to work and it only trickled out.
The pool was absolutely the worst part of the hotel, it was completely shaded, no music played around the pool, no bar to get drinks, yet there were posters all over saying that no drinks were allowed round the pool! The pool was bitterly cold and no matter how long you were in the pool you couldn't get warm at all, we found ourselves using the pool next door or having to go to the beach every day.

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank Chelseamcclean
bristol
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 September 2013

on arrival to hotel was told our room wasent ready so was put in hotel next door that was fine , the following morning went back to find our room was ready got our stuff and was taken to the 4th floor room 411 wow what a lovely room we had 2 patio doors leading out to the balcony lovely views , would go back to this hotel no complaints what so ever see you all again next year .

Room Tip: corner room 411 with lovely views faceing main road
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank tracey47bristol
Glasgow, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 September 2013

Booked into Cihanturk as a group of 5 to stay for a week. On arrival we were told there was no rooms and after reading this on Tripadvisor we expected it. The manager Arrison was very helpful but told us this was likely to be the case for 2 days. We were moved to a hotel a bit further along but told him we wanted a hotel beside Cihanturk and didn't want to be living out a suitcase for two days, We said we would be happy with staying across the road in the Gozpinar and the next day it was all organised for us. Our safe was paid for us and to be honest Arrison couldn't have been any more helpful. We still ate our meals in Cihanturk and it was decent food, there was rice, pasta, salad and chicken dishes, something for everyone. The hotel does look nice from what we seen of it and the location is ideal! On our last day while we waited for our transfers Arrison said he would get us all food for the hassle but we were fine. Although it wasn't ideal that the hotel were very unorganised I felt it was professionally dealt with and it didn't ruin any part of our holiday but if you book through them be prepared to get put elsewhere,

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank LauraKerr26
worcester
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 September 2013

we booked this hotel because it looked really nice in the pictures an the location was good, when we got there realised our room was a very small box room, complained that we booked a triple room size, we were told it was a triple room. speaking to other residents it was clear it was a normal size room with just another bed put it. beacuse of that we had no space to walk around the room at all...
fridge did not work from day one an it took them 3 days to replacce it, were told we had a safe in the room for free but had to pay 50 tl for it, very rude an not bothered about our needs, however he listened well to the russian girls who stayed there... complete perve, only took notice of the young hot girls...
wifi was useless, only worked in the foyer an that was for only 3 days.

have to say the best thing was the location as its on the main street thats about it really.

no sun on the pool area most of the day as its at the back with tall buildings around it so if you go for a swim you will need to find some sun to to dry off...

however did enjoy the holiday as we didnt really stay in the hotel much after all that.

Room Tip: Try a hotel off the main street as it will be cheaper an better value for your money, plus the super...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank addy_p2013
Erskine, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 September 2013

As someone who goes to marmaris and other parts of turkey 3 or more times a year for 10 years I have never been made to feel the way I did on the first night of arriving at the cihanturk.
We were a group of 6 family of 4 (3 and 7 year old children)and myself and my 3 year old daughter.
On arriving we were told there were problems with our rooms! they could put the family of 4 in two different rooms instead of the family room they had booked and myself and my daughter in the hotel next door for one night only! After showing we were not happy and turning down the offer of free safes in each room for the rest of the stay we finally agreed on sleeping in the only rooms they could give us as we had a long journey we accepted the offer of a free meal in the restaurant one night.
My friend put there bags in their room and we were then taken across to the other hotel for my room. Only myself, my daughter and friend went up to the very top floor of the hotel which looks like it hasn't been redecorated in 50years!!! and put our bags in a very small room with tilted roof so at one side even me at 5foot had to watch my head the single beds were not single in any sense even for Turkey! they were tiny and the room understandably at the top floor was stuffy so we quickly left our bags and went back to the cihanturk to get ready for dinner in one of my friends rooms.
As we returned to the hotel around 11, I returned to the hotel beside cihanturk.As I was about to get my daughter ready I decided to check the beds were clean something I don't normally do but I knew several things were just not right with this hotel. The bed and sheets were filthy!! I could then hear every word people on the street or in the bars next to the hotel something I could not hear during the day as it was quiet, so not only had the hotel not seen a lick of pain in 50 years its windows had also not been maintained. I picked up my now shattered 3 year old and went back to the cihanturk who's manager "was not answering" the night shift guy could not help me there were no rooms available and would not give me money to pay for another room in one of the hotels up at the marina I knew would have a room available! I had a 3 year old sitting falling asleep and crying she was tired and he still would not look at me and help! One of the restaurant staff wondered through reception and tried to comfort me by acknowledging the state of the hotel next door but apologising there was nothing more they could do. I had no other choice but to wake up my friend and bring my bags from the other hotel into their room and have 4 of us sleep between 2 single beds.

The next morning we went straight to the manager who then came and sat with us as we had breakfast. He apologised and explained he was in hospital and would have paid personally for a room at a better hotel for me and my daughter if he knew I would be as upset as I was not being able to ensure my daughter was in a safe and clean room. After 20minutes of us complaining and him being as sympathetic and apologetic as he could he then proceeded to fall from his chair, managed to miss hitting his head off the table and floor. The funny thing is none of the restaurant staff who were listening and watching as we were making our complaint ran over to help their manager/Colleague. After shouting for them to help the manager he then came round from his "blackout" grabbing onto his side (appendix area)

This was all fake and after visiting turkey so often I have seen and heard everything now!!! however he did succeed in us accepting the situation. We were finally given,our rooms along with a bag for each room filled with chocolate, snacks and orange juice.

The rest of the stay at the hotel was good except several other people telling us they were put in the hotel next door on their first night. Sounds to me like the cihanturk wants to ensure they are always fully booked and not losing out any business at the expense of the customers first night.

Since returning I have noticed other reviews saying the same.

We stayed from 27th june to 6 july.

We all still love Marmaris but would never recommend the cihanturk even though I should be used to the Turkish / Kurdish tricks with treatment I got that night with a 3 year old on my own in a hotel you wouldn't put an enemy in it still shocked me.

However looking forward to returning next week, maybe even park my car beside the restaurant as it is so close to the point centre and beach before driving to my other holiday resort of the trip.

Room Tip: The rooms at the cihanturk are ok just do not accept to be moved to the hotel across (andys bar as I...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Heather M
Romford, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 September 2013

Got a spacious family room for 6 - arrived at 3.30am and was taken across the road to a cramped room for 3 on day 1 and asked to pay 100TL extra as our room was not ready. Once were in Cihan turk we couldn't fault it - great value and service

Room Tip: corner rooms are more spacious
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family