“Poor Overall..”

Ranked #5 of 81 Marmaris B&B and Inns
Manchester
“Poor Overall..”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2011

I'm not a first time visitor to Icmeler so have high expectations of service and customer interaction in this great resort where, This hotel proved very disappointing and to such and extent I had to move out mid way through my two weeks to a more suitable hotel. The Chateau De Ville has some nice features, but is very basic, the bar is right on the main road with conflicting sounds from the Apollo Bar next door and the Huge All inclusive Munamar Beach hotel right across the road. There are some reasonable sized rooms, and some very small rooms, if your stuck in the wrong room it can be frustrating. Our room was too small and very uncomfortable, with noisy doors banging and chairs moving (meant for a very uncomfortable nights sleep) for me this hotel could not meet any of my basic holiday needs, Hot running Water (had one hot shower in a week), Flexibility, Good Customer Service, Good Wifi / Working space, Value for money, Security and comfort. It failed on all accounts. I will not return

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank tonesontheroad

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
  • Turkish first
Southampton England
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2011

Stayed here for two weeks on a B&B basis. We love Icmeler and had noticed the Chateau on a visit last year and thought it looked very nice. The location is great,almost on the beach and easy access to many bars and restaurants and shops.
Our room was on the back and certainly not one shown on their website.It had very little storage space and the bathroom was tatty. View of mountains at the back was fine for us but it certainly wasnt up market.Breakfast was good and Ali the young man who oversaw it was probably the most friendly staff member. Even on the last few days I still had to say the room number to get the key and its not a big place! Never happened before ,normally they remember you fairly quickly. The bar is dead at night and no effort is made to get people to stay there. We called at the Apollon most nights on the way back from eating and shopping,its right next door and very friendly staff.
We used the Chateau beach a couple of times but were really ripped off for drinks and so used coco beach after that.I did tell the owner about it and he said it would be sorted.
Its ok there but we paid more than usual and it just wasnt really any better than where we have stayed before.Wouldnt go back,plenty of other places around.

2 Thank Sweetie3
Street, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2011

Was really looking forward to staying here after reading all the fab reviews - don't get me wrong hotel was ok but not the best I've stayed in. We were put in room 107 - not good - really small & no storage space or views - had to pay extra £10 per night to move to king suite - lovely big room - 2 balconies & great view - could only have 4 nights there before being moved to front seaview room. Rooms at front much better than at back but found it hard to have warm showers at any time of the day or night!!! Also rang for 2 coffees from room service at 7.30am but was told not available til 8am so didn't bother as breakfast was served then so could get it free. Food is great, bar area a bit boring, especially at night... The resort itself was stunning - the prettiest I've ever been to. Entertainment in resort all the same. Lovely meal then at 10pm all the waiters do break dancing & michael jackson, tina turner, freddie mercury tributes!!! OK first night but all the bars are the same so gets a bit tedious. Found 1 bar which had a live singer & Appollon bar next to the hotel has a great rock band 3 nights a week. The beach boys were great & the prices are no extra. Would like to return to Turkey next year but might try Olu Deniz instead. All in all hotel & resort were ok but was expecting more after reading all the fantastic reviews.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Carole D
Falkirk, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2011

We seemed to get a very good deal on our 2 week stay and were very happy with the Chateau de Ville. It is a smaller hotel with 2 small pools and while they looked to be too small at first, we soon found that it was usually fairly quiet aroud the pool area and there were always sunbeds available. In fact we were sometimes the only folk at the pool! Great!
The rooms were adequate and always clean, the linen was changed often.
Breakfast was a buffet affair and again was adequate, we felt we got what we paid for.
The location of the hotel was really good and although there could be noise from nearby premises we found it was usually quiet by midnight. The hotel was ideal for the relaxing holiday we wanted.
Icmeler itself is a lovely resort, the people are all very friendly. The restaurants are great, we had very few disappointing meals. They always try to please their customers. There always seemed to be entertainment in the restaurants and bars and your evening could be as quiet or lively as you wanted. We had a couple of favourite restaurants that we returned to although we usually try a different one each night. The Garden Bar was good for food and entertainment.
All in all we had a fantastic holiday, so much so we hope to go back to Icmeler later this year!

1 Thank Lorraine A
UK
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2011

I was really excited to be staying at this hotel after seeing all the fab reviews but my own experience left me a little disappointed.
The hotel itself is in a beautiful position. A mere 10 steps or so to the beach and is great for all the restaurants & bars.
The room itself was tiny, only one tiny wardrobe which had the safety deposit box in so you couldn't hang any long items in it, they had to go on hooks on the walls which made the room look extremely untidy.
The maid service was good, but we found some of the hotel staff remarkably unfriendly. I believe this was due to the fact that we only used the hotel as a base & didn't actually spend any money in the hotel bar/restaurant etc. Breakfasts were average, the usual toast, cheeses, eggs etc but be prepared for a wait if you want toast, it was the slowest toaster I've ever used, haha.
We had a fantastic holiday in Icmeler as always, but the Chateau certainly didn't live up to my expectations, and I wouldn't make a return visit.

• Stayed June 2011
england
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2011

Went with my mum just for a weeks break, had a great time .
i could not have picked a better location directly across the road from the beach, we arrived early hours and were shown to our room which had a fantastic sea view. All of the staff were lovely and were always on hand to help with anything.
The guy on the beach was great, you don,t have to move from your sun bed he works so hard fetching drinks & food all day!!.
Could not believe our luck on finding this place i hope to return in the very near future.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank Tracey D
Dudley, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2011

As past fan`s of the Efis we wondered where to stay this year as its no longer available?
Having just returned home, I would recomend the Chateau as being a great alternative. The front rooms have a perfect view of the beach my personal favourite, whilst the rear looks out lowards the mountain.
Initially disapointed to be placed in a rear facing room, I confess that it proved very pleasant, being cooler, and quieter. We also found watching the mountain goats quite entertaining. The room was not as large as we expected but by no means small.
A typical, and enjoyable breakfast only slightly marred by a slow toaster, which seemed unimportant when you have a great view of the beach whilst eating.
There are two pools with bar/food service, and staff more than willing to make your stay as enjoyable as possible. We found the choice & quality of food exellent.
Should you enquire if I would I return? There is little doubt as I prefer the smaller, more friendly, family hotels, this suits me better, and for my other Efis fans come give it a try, you can aways go find Erdal Eddie & the lads at Sadik`s restaurant up in the old town.

Room Tip: Front rooms need to be requested when booking