“Very enjoyable (as long as you expect 3 star)”

Club Nimara Beach Resort
Ranked #129 of 234 Hotels in Marmaris
Leeds, United Kingdom
“Very enjoyable (as long as you expect 3 star)”
Reviewed 9 August 2014

We stayed for a week here in June and got it as a last minute deal for £440 each so weren't expecting much (especially given the mixed reviews) but overall we had a great time.
Our room was very bsaic but clean so we were fine with it.

We had such a relaxing time as we could just sit by the sea and read, eat and drink in a beautiful place. The location is definitely the main attraction and if the food was a bit better and the hotel given a spruce up then it could be amazing. Lying by the sea looking out over the water with a book was just perfect! The water was wonderful for swimming as it was so clear.

Marmaris itself was a bit of a shock-it was lovely! I didn't realise the area was so beautiful with the mountains and the harbour (beach looked a bit small and not great sand). Marmaris had a nice harbour and the restaurants looked good and quite reasonably priced. I enjoyed looking at all the huge boats and gawping. We went on a boat trip (£12 for the whole day including lunch and drinks) where again the water was ridicuously clear, I felt like I was in Thailand and went round the castle & museum which was interesting. Lots of shops with the usual rubbish (which I love, bags etc) and I got some beautiful throws and embroidered cushions for my sofa for about £50 which would have cost about £100+ in England.

The pool was large and very clean with lots of sunbeds (although I imagine in July/August it would get a bit crowded by pool and beach bit by sea). The pool did play annoyingly loud music but most hotels seem to do this.
There wasn't really much to do for kids/teenagers and the hotel is very isolated (although only 10 minutes on the bus from marmaris so good as a base). The hotel did encourage people to join in morning stretches/aerobics by the pool, darts, table tennis tournaments and pool volley ball so they did try even though the faciliites weren't great; the tennis court looked like it hadn't been looked at in 10 years.

The food wasn't great, but I've never had an amazing all inclusive experience! It was the usual fruit, salad, bread etc which was all fresh and tasty. Breakfast was pretty good, they cooked fresh omlettes and panckes for you (along with all the usual salad/fruit/cereal/meats etc) so couldn't really complain about the breakfast. Only thing to show its not a high standard is that fresh juice etc isnt included but that rarely is. Lunch was very similar but with some kind of chicken/fish/meat choices, pasta etc and same for dinner (but a different variation) so it did get repetitive but if you didnt pay much for the holiday you could still go out in marmaris every night for dinner and it would be worth doing all inclusive just for breakfast, lunch and drinks. The snacks were cooked fresh but were the same bread with spinach/onion parcels and very dry cakes/biscuits every day (not amazing but filling!) but if they had been nice we would have put on about half a stone each in a week.

The alcohol wasn't great. We amused ourselves trying to see who could handle more than a sip of wine (red or white literally tasted like vinegar and off vinegar) and the gin and vodka seemed likely to burn a hole in your stomach-they would probably be useful for DIY in England. BUT the beer was fine so we had many a refreshing shandy and developed a taste for Raki with lemonade which was very nice (presumably as a local spirit).

The staff seemed to work very hard (they never seemed to go home) and the pool was always being cleaned after dinner and the leaves around the pool swept up etc!I'm not sure how easy communication would be if there was a problem as the staff's level of English seemed to vary quite a lot but they were friendly. Ozzy who works at cleopatra beach bar seemed nice and didnt hassle you at all (despite what the reviews say) or annoy us (and we're quite anti social when trying to read!) He did chat to us for a bit but it was interesting hearing his life experiences!

Overall I'd recommend staying here if you can get a cheap price and expect a slightly shabby but very pretty hotel (and aren't a fussy eater).

FYI-There was free wifi but only in the reception area.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Newport, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 July 2014

The only passable and main focal point of the Sun Maris Bellamare Beach is the pool area but the remainder of the accommodation is much less desirable. The hotel (apartments) caters for mainly Turkish and Russian guests having met only two British persons throughout my eleven day stay. Communication is difficult but the staff always attempt to please and assist to the best of their ability under the circumstances. The general state of the premises is poor and antiquated. There is a lack of cleanliness with infrequent bedding and towel changes. Cleaning staff need to be prompted with no pattern/timetable ensuring continuity and standards.
The companies promoting this hotel advertise many attractions that are simply not true. They say it offers good quality food but this is not the case. Selection is limited with little that pleases the British palate. An ‘Open Plan’ eating area means that flies and wasps infest the food. There isn’t even a toasting facility available! Afternoon snacks are merely bread and dry cake with the poor ‘All Inclusive’ service finishing at 11.00pm sharp.
Furthermore, to say that this is a family hotel is untrue as there is no entertainment other than the same repetitive music by day and night. Trying to keep a thirteen year old content proved very difficult and, on this occasion, was pleased that WiFi was available! For enjoyable eating and entertainment be prepared to travel to Marmaris town centre thereby defeating the object of the all-inclusive package!
The steps to reach the rooms require mobility and fitness as they are extensive, built on the side of a mountain. There is no gymnasium and the tennis courts are a disgrace.
On my day of arrival I contacted the travel company requesting that my spouse, daughter and myself be moved as we believed that this package was miss-sold. On two occasions they did not get back to me as promised and clearly reluctant to discuss the matter. Having waited many hours I was informed that to move premises would cost a further £750.00. This I was not prepared to pay.
Therefore I am of the opinion that this holiday package is not what is advertised and promoted. I will never again book a holiday online as you do not receive any personal attention such as an ‘in house’ travel company representative.
To conclude, the premises require total renovation and in a state of disrepair. Online images flatter the appearance but in reality the Sun Maris Bellamare Beach is an out of date, out of touch hotel. It is a great shame as the view from its terraces is spectacular. It is rated as a 4/5 star accommodation but I think(and English speaking staff) 2 star would be more appropriate. This is my twelfth all-inclusive experience ( third to Turkey ) and by far the worst.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
10 Thank Don R

Travellers are raving about these Marmaris hotels

Siberian District, Russia
Reviewed 25 July 2014

If you want to enjoy a very picturesque place- go exactly to this hotel! Its nature with sea and forests will impress you greatly! The service and all the staff are very pleasant! Even if you go alone (like i did) the entertainment team which is presented by Afghan and Yusif will make your rest full of positive emotions and fun! you will never forget the time you've spent with them!!! Great team! Wonderful mood! Perfect summer!!!! Thank you, guys for this terrific time!!!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
Devon
Reviewed 19 July 2014

Me and my partner have just arrived home from staying in this hotel and although I don't usually I wanted to write a review as a lot of the reviews on here are mixed.
When we first arrived we were greeted by the friendly receptionists who carried all of out luggage up the steps to our room for us (there are a lot of steps and hills so if you aren't able bodied this isn't really ideal) we don't have huge standards but we were slightly disappointed with our hotel room, it was clean but it seemed everything was falling apart, the toilet had a slight leak, shower door wouldn't close etc. But we went straight to bed and thought we would do more exploring in the morning.
When we woke up we went down to the private beach which we saw the pictures for online but again were very disappointed as it was just a tiny strip of dirty grey sand with a few sun loungers which were all taken.
We then went to breakfast and having stayed in all inclusives before and not being fussy with food we expected to find something substantial to eat but again we were disappointed because although there was a wide selection of food and we love trying different cuisine, to us, none of it looked appetising so we stuck to the things we knew. Because of this we ended up eating in Marmaris every evening and just having lunch at the hotel and I must say the lunch is much better and I was told by another family that they enjoyed the dinner too but if you can, try and eat on the marina in Marmaris town at least once because the food is amazing! (You can get a bus from outside that costs around £1.00 and takes around ten mins)
There are snacks all day but it is the same every day, fresh Turkish bread most of the day and then tea and pastries late afternoon.
After breakfast we thought we would stay by the pool which was the first thing we loved. It is a large pool set in beautiful surroundings and over looking the sea, there is music played all day, they do a game of water polo in the afternoon and there is an old fashioned theatre which we never went to but other than this there is no entertainment which we weren't too bothered by but for anyone with children I don't think this is ideal.
We were the only English in our hotel which we liked because it felt like more of a holiday, it was mainly Russian, German etc.
A family did arrive from the U.K towards the end of our stay complaining at the lack of British because they had a teenager that wanted to make friends, so if you are the kind of person that goes away to be with other English people then I wouldn't recommend this hotel or perhaps stay in England!!
We made a lot of friends in the hotel, the bar staff are all very friendly and they love seeing English people in the hotel if you are polite and friendly!
The drinks you can have in the all inclusive are quite limited but as we made friends with the staff they would often throw in cocktails and extra spirits for free.
We also found brothers Ozzy and Hassan that worked on Cleopatra beach opposite the hotel lovely. They all made our stay in the hotel so much more memorable.
Overall, we had a fantastic stay here, but being a young couple we weren't looking to stay at the hotel all day. If you have a family and want to get your money's worth from the all inclusive and entertainment I would recommend staying in Marmaris.

• Stayed July 2014
2 Thank Mimijar
Lincoln, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 July 2014 via mobile

Great place, kool staff yet a bit timid on the all inclusive drink measures (unless you tip them).

Good selection of food for the price we paid

Apologies for all noise made when we came in at 6am!!

Close walk to the beach, small pool however with the beach that close you cannot complain!!

Ryan ;)

Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Ryan R
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 July 2014

I didn't mind the food, we ate well each dinner and night, although a lot of other English people didn't like it. There was rice, chips, chicken, beef, fish, salad and the bread was baked fresh every day on site. In the mornings we went to Cleopatras Beach Bar to sit by the sea eating our breakfast. The food was good there, highlights were Hassans hand cut chips, bacon sandwich and chicken kebab. We thought the Beach Bar would be part of the all inclusive however it was worth the money. We got looked after by Hassan and Yilmaz who treated us like royalty and thoroughly enjoyed chatting to them, they were funny and their English is really good. We also got some photos done by Feyyaz, he managed to make us look good! Staff at hotel were all friendly and talkative but not too intrusive, everyone else had small cups however I got to use a big cup for all inclusive beer thanks to Mehmet, hes a good guy also very funny. When we weren't having the all inclusive we were at the beach bar as we found it more scenic, relaxing and quieter than upstairs. The hotel was quite far from Marmaris but we didnt mind this as it was easy, and cheap to get there. The shuttle bus came every 10 minutes and was about £2 for both of us. The room was a bit of a shock to the system when we arrived and the shower was a bit grim, however we didnt spend much time there anyway. We heard a rumour that there are newer rooms at the top so if you go I would advise to stay in them. All in all it was a really good holiday. Will definitely return at some point for the fake football shirts and handbags!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 July 2014 via mobile

This week has been the best seven days of mine and rachels life!

The hotel is gorgeous and has amazing views, perfect for a young couple.

Some people did not like the stairs and how far away from marmaris it was but what can you expect from a Beach hotel with gorgeous views and the shuttle bus into marmaris cost less than £2 :)

The food here was lovely, some english people got bored of eating chicken everyday but it was always a different flavour so it was all good!

The staff are amazing and are always ready to help where ever you need it, we where able to get food out of catering hours because we where hungry. A member of the reception staff even helped me carry my girlfriend up to our room when she where falling all over the place after a good night out ! :)

I must say, the holiday wouldn't of been the same without the friends and staff we have met!

These guys are brilliant!

Beach bar:
Osman
Hassan
Feyyaz
Yilmaz

Reception:
Mustifa

Thankyou for a brilliant holiday,
I hope to return soon! :)

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Roy Andrew Alan C
Also consider these accommodations in or near Marmaris
Grand Hotel Faros
#35 of 234 in Marmaris
Calipso Beach Hotel Turunc
Calipso Beach Hotel Turunc
#107 of 234 in Marmaris

Been to Club Nimara Beach Resort? Share your experiences!