“You get what you pay for!”

Sun Maris Central Hotel
Ranked #128 of 234 Hotels in Marmaris
“You get what you pay for!”
Reviewed 21 July 2013

After reading some previous comments I was expecting the worse, however me and my partner have just returned from a week at this hotel and found it relatively okay!
The rooms are clean and the views are very average but this is because it is close to other buildings. All rooms en suite with air cons and a comfy bed - what more do you want ?!

The food was "ok". It was very same-ish but it was edible! We ate out a few nights as there were plenty of cheap restaurants very close by.

The location is brilliant, less than 5 mins walk from beach!!

The staff were friendly and didn't hassle us, although you could see that a lot of single girls that travelled together got more attention than those with blokes!! But we saw this a lot throughout our stay in Turkey!!!

Overall the hotel is okay. It was a cheap holiday for us, it had somewhere comfy to sleep, good facilities and provided plenty of good and drink and so it did the job for us! We don't think that a hotel makes the holiday and was only there to eat sleep and get changed. However if you are a snob you probably won't like it as it isn't exactly up market but very basic. But it is cheap and it did the job for us!

• Stayed July 2013

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
  • Turkish first
Birkenhead, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 July 2013

After reading the reviews on here i was expecting a hovel! Was pleasantly surprised hotel spotless,room cleaned every day as many towels as you wanted.Ok food was very samey but drinks on tap all day.I travelled with my twins age 10 and did not feel threatened anyway by staff,infant they went out of their way to chat to the kids.We found it great value for money, Fab location,loads of cafes and bars and beach across the road.Pool was small but kids made friends easily because of this going back next year,so cheap great value !

Room Tip: Top floor beach
Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 July 2013

Sun Maris?? Where is the sun (hidden by tall buildings either side and you don't get the sun by the (tiny pool) till after lunch. If you swim down the pool from deep end to shallow end its about 4-5 strokes. Food is absolutely terrible. Stayed here for 5 nights - problems from the first night - no room available (said had electrical fault). Was transported to sister hotel Sun Maris Beach 5* supposedly (out in the sticks - no shop, buses, transport only once a day into town). Pool better there but nothing else on site and food only slightly better. Rooms were worse than Central hotel. Went back by bus next morning as did not want to be stuck in the middle of nowhere. Finally got to our room, it was cleanish but view was a residential building across the way. Went to sister hotel just up the road Sun Maris City. Sun was around pool slightly longer but not much. ALL INCLUSIVE (what exactly does that mean!!) Wot no water included for you to take up to your room? Oh no, you have to buy a bottle of water from behind the bar!! What's all inclusive about that!! Water is a life line and you cannot drink their water. All drinks are served in a cheap very small plastic tumbler which makes the beer taste awful except wine (I had white) which was served warm in a small glass. They only give you 2 lumps of ice and that melts even before you take your first sip. Would not recommned this hotel to anyone especially with small children. Staff were not at all friendly the exception was a couple of the reception staff who were polite. Had problem with transfers - came to collect us 24 hours too early and refused to come back the next day so WE had to PAY for a Taxi after paying transfer fees. Certainly would not stay in any of the Sun Maris Group Hotels ever again!!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Maggie A

Travellers are raving about these Marmaris hotels

Reviewed 8 July 2013

Want a 1 week holiday in one of the best we have had so much fun hotel, especially the barman Mehmet helpful good man and will come back again The hotel is in a good location,
just 2 minutes from the beach, everything
a short walk away. thank you Sunmaris central

• Stayed July 2013
Reviewed 6 July 2013

Great value for money, I went for 7 days and had a brilliant time! Hotel is in a good location being a 2 min walk from the beach! Staff are very friendly and welcoming, barman mehmet very helpful and waiters can not do enough for you! Reception staff are also very helpful and polite!
Yes the pool is very small but I didn't go on holiday to sit by pool all day plus the beach is over the road!
The food was ok sometimes not to my liking but I imagine other hotels will serve up the same food!
Will be retuning here next year and having another good time I hope!
Also made a lot of new friends :)

• Stayed June 2013
Bolton, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 July 2013

Well I think the review below says it all to be honest. I'm currently sat here in the lounge waiting for my transfer to get me the hell out of here.

The rooms are always clean, the view on the other hand is a bit of a joke. I stayed on the 3rd floor and every morning when I open that slide door to feel the heat, my eyes were faced with a building site!! From what it can see its a hotel that has been half build!!!!! So here's a tip get on to the 5th floor because the view is amazing!

The pool.......what pool!!!! It is very small and I mean small. The sun hits it at around 1ish like the review says below. When it hasn't got loads of rude Russians and Turks around it then its a great place to catch so rays.

Now on to the staff members! The barman known as memo I believe is very weird especially towards young girls that he takes a fancy too I.e. me!! My first day here he told my that I was in his dreams etc etc what man says that to a tourist on holiday?? The other staff pretty much the same although they do it behind your back I.e rude gestures. You can't even sit at the pool with your bikini on without an audience of staff staring at you!!! Ill say it again......is that what a tourist wants when on holiday??

The food!! I don't no if you could even call it food. My dog gets fed better, same things day in day out. I took around £1200 Turkish lira with me so that I could do loads of shopping and sports!! Well that was I joke cause all my money was spent making sure I got a proper meal every day! So what did I pay for when I booked this holiday? Cause all inclusive is a joke.....it has to be!!

Okay so one thing that has made me smile here and that is the young female staff member who cleans. She is the most polite person, when you give her a tip of ten lira ( £3) her face lights up!! That's like winning the lottery to her. You ask her to do something and she's straight on to it!

Marmaris is a lovely warm place to holiday but if I was ever to return then I'd think twice about what hotel to choice!

My last point now! If you do come to this hotel, I'd find all the English people staying in it and get friendly because I've made some great people here and it's them that has made my last fees days a lot better.

Room Tip: 5th floor at the rear! Best view ever
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Amy B
Chernihiv, Ukraine
Reviewed 5 July 2013

I was in this hotel in June from 12-19!! Everything was perfect!! Hotel is not far from centre! The beach is near, the famous "Bar Street" also!! The staff is very friendly, can help with any problem! A special thanks for Burhan, who always makes people smile and not bored!!! The food was good for 3 stars hotel!!!The rooms are spacious and clean!! Dont listen to bad words about this hotel!! People who always dont have mood will not like any hotel, even with 5 stars!!!! I want to come back to this wonderful town Marmaris!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends