“great hotel”

Ranked #22 of 234 Hotels in Marmaris
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“great hotel”
Reviewed 10 July 2011

I went to a holiday with my family, husband and kids, and we loved the hotel. It is a new hotel and looks absolutely fantastic. We defenitely enjoyed our stay there. The food was so delicious, but we did have little problems with the staff there. But generally staff in hotel was ok. We especially liked the animation team. My little kids loved mini disco, they enjoyed that a lot. The animators were nice, Gunes always took care of my kids and they absolutely adored him. We also watched few times night programme in disco and we enjoyed that. The staff in snack bar was also nice.
We were not too happy about the beach, it is not so lovely, so we rather stayed around the pool.
We spend a great week with family in a lovely hotel and we wish we could stay longer.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (505)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Orel
Reviewed 9 July 2011

Good hotel. Design absolutely not not forgotten. The meal very much even nothing. The confectioner's shop Very was pleasant is something!!!! Animators simply super!!!! Junesh very cheerful guy especially was pleasant, Aras knows many cool pieces. Настя very cheerful animator never I will forget as played a turmoil. Well вообщем that and all!!! I wish good rest!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Rapik
Skegness, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 July 2011

this really is one hell of a beautiful hotel, you get pure luxury from the moment you arrive. i travelled with my partner and we was lucky enough to get a fantastic view overlooking the main pool area and bar with abit of a sea view. the down points are sometimes you may be waiting awhile for a drink at the pool bar due to there not being many members of staff serving, also i had to wake up every morning at 6.15 to put towels out on the sunloungers, although there was only a few left at this time! people must be getting up at 5.30! food is avaliable all day although we got very bored with lunch as it was pretty much the same day after day, so i hope you like chips, doner meat and chicken cause theres plenty of it! dinner is pretty much the same story id avoid the fish i took one little bite and there was 4 huge bones in it, also alot of the staff find it difficult to understand you there was plenty of times we ordered drinks and got something completely different, another bad point in the shower room thats avaliable on the last day if you are not leaving until late as night, the room is basically a sauna i tried to dry my hair but it was that hot i walked out with it wet, pretty much ruined the last day for me cause i didnt feel comfortable to travel home, but apart from all this i would still recommend it.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
4 Thank beckz_x
Kiev, Ukraine
Reviewed 8 July 2011

I like this hotel so much... in Marmaris it's the best..
Hotel has a good maintenance.. service was also good...
There is a big assortment of food.
Also in Ideal was their own cake-shop. it was like paradise for candy girls=))))
I like animation team so much...Especially their show - Greese=)) it was wonderful.. Volkan is the best break dancer, Gunes dances so sexy and he is so sweat and funny animator, Alper always make fun on the disco, he also dances so good and sexy, and make everybody happy and funny on the disco...
I want to visit this hotel again*

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank NastiaDolgopolova
Munich, Germany
Reviewed 5 July 2011

Merhaba. Just returned from the best holidays of our life. This hotel is amazing, so beautiful , clean and the food is also good. But the thing that stand out most of all at this hotel is the animation team… Entertainers made us feel welcomed from the moment we arrived and made our holiday unforgetable. The daily activities and night shows are great. All the animators are working so hard everyday, but still keep a smile on their face all the time and entertain guests. We've become friends in so short time. We would especially like to mention Güneş, he's one of the best persons I've meet in my life and the best dancer I've ever seen. He was always super nice to us and everyone else. He gave us everytime a good laugh and we always had fun when he was around. This hotel wouldn't be so awesome without him and the rest of the animation team, they are really great people. We will defenitely come back, so we are looking forward to see them again.
I would like to mention only one negative thing about this hotel… the bar stuff in the pool area is too slow, sometimes we had to wait for our drinks extremely long. However the bar stuff in disco is cool.
I would highly recommend this hotel to everyone. Waka waka ;)

Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank palabra_2
dundee
Reviewed 4 July 2011

I am sitting in the hotel lobby as I write this which on arrival is very impressive but then the problem begins the first room we r given was out of order as the door refused to open so we r left sitting on the stairs for about 20 mins while the bellboy try's to get it open and we are eventually given another room with a view to die for if u look down u see the area the staff have there down time and looking straight ahead u get the electricity pylon very nice. When we get up after a few hours sleep we find the balcony door won't lock and the tiles are broken then the shower starts flooding the bathroom. On to room 3 and only been here a few hours this room is much better now we can start our holiday the cleaners are in every day changing towels and making beds but no sweeping or mopping of the floor during our whole stay which is disappointing the food is plentiful however it is very repetitive and aimed at eastern European guests rather than British and there is very little for older kids to do as pool tables hav age limit over 16s and only 1 table tennis table so bored kids as it is very difficult to get a game the bar staff also need training as everyone at the bar needs to be served not just the young blondes with next to nothing on so all in all very nice hotel with quite a lot of problems that can easily be fixed if they really want to have a first class hotel

• Stayed June 2011
1 Thank dufc168
North Scotland
Reviewed 1 July 2011

A couple in our 50's we arrived at our room which was on the 5th floor of the main block. It only had the one double bed and one wardrobe with 5 hangers. However clean and suitable for the job. Tv had heaps of channels in English including sky and itv/bbc, air conditioning worked fine although the fridge did struggle to keep drink cool. Bed had a thin layer of memory foam but was quite hard. Nice shower. Maid cleaned every day and if you left your yellow towels on floor she changed for using at beach or nip along and ask her to exchange as she changes other rooms.
We arrived very late or early in morning but got woken by animated maintenance men who seemed to be going into all the rooms and doing something with the showers. Got back to sleep only to be wakened by the thomas cook rep.....zzzzzzzzzzzz. We also were overloooking the main street and there was that blasted boom boom music from ''the bar with no name'' however glad to say at 12 midnight it turns off the music. However someone down the corridor was trying to emulate them. Now i don't know if someone phoned reception or whether security turned up, but the noise stopped. The biggest noise after that was folk closing their doors............how difficult is it to close it quietly!!
Two pools - one which has the slides and mainly for kids i would say - although you would probably get a sun bed easier there. Other pool got booked up quickly most days so we headed for the beachl. I don't mind folk leaving there towels to go for their lunch but leaving most of the day is selfish. Pool by the way is lovely - just jump in and be cold for 10 seconds then its great.
So we headed for the private beach and stayed there the majority of days as there were always plenty of beds. Coke etc is on tap from the guys in the booths or you can pour your own orange, pinapple etc with cups provided.
Breakfast i usually had fresh fruit or cereal or both lol, then my fried eggs on toast followed by croissants jam and cafe au lait. Plenty of choice for folks with other tastes.
Lunch was outside near pool bar and was mostly pizza, chips and fried turkey by the looks of it, but to be quite honest it was all you needed for snacking. There was also baked potatoes down at the beach which were fine. Supper had a mixture of mostly chicken, rice, chips, beef, lamb etc. I'm very fussy eater and live on chicken so had 13 different ways to cook a chicken but also had some nice beef goulash. So for me i wasn't disappointed however i could imagine that for most people the choice wasn't as great as some of the hotels i heard mentioned. Throughout the day the coffee shop was open for tea/coffee and a wonderful selection of cakes and biscuits.....hmmm very nice. Basically i never felt the need to eat out and filled my self to satisfaction apart from last night when it didn't look great and we ate out.
Drinks wise you could get used to the tuberg lager..not the best but cooling under the heat. If you liked martinis, gin, vodka and mixer you would be all right but was surprised by the amount of folk drinking cocktails which mostly seemed to contain different coloured juices with little alcohol in them. But the main thing is that if you wished to get drunk you could manage it although i didn't see many drunk people. I also thought the bar man upstairs although mostly on his own was much better than the staff in the lower pool bar although they always served me ok. It was just that there were more of them but usually only two who knew what they were doing.
Overall impressions. I would say everything was clean although there was that iffy smell round the pool bar at times lol. The maid did a good job on our room. The bar staff did serve everyone and not just young blondes as was mentioned by someone else. The waiters overall were good and yes they did whip your plates away but that was more down to efficiency than anything else and we did see it as funny just like the guy next to us who lost his stuff twice.......even he laughed but just went up for more. Well done to that pool guy and the one who wandered round all day picking up everyones rubbish. Really the Turks are a friendly bunch of folk. No doubt in the months ahead everyone will get better at their jobs as they learn new words and interact even more with us the customer but at least they all tried and i don't have anything negative to say about the staff and do indeed praise them. I would say that the majority of people there were Russian/Ukraine with a sprinkling of everyone else and you have to take this in to account when producing food that everyone will like - hence lots of chicken. Oh and the food is served all day so by having an extra 30 mins on the beach you can avoid the queues all day.
For a rating....well. I never saw anything bad that made me want to get up and complain. I was on holiday to relax so wasn't rushing around and was prepared to wait a few minutes taking into account the heat that these guys are working in. I saw a lot of potential in some of the newer workers although the two good barmen need to pass on their savvy....well done again the barman upstairs. I saw a lot of smiles. Free safe thrown in...how often do they sting you for that one. Lovely coffee shop. Basically you can eat drink and be merry all day and the staff were fine so what more do you want.
I think 4 stars is how i would rate it. If the price went up then i would perhaps downgrade a bit but i don't think you can go wrong and there was not one of them OMG things that everyone usually mentions as bad.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple