“Fantastic 2 weeks in a beautiful hotel!!”
Review of Ideal Prime Beach

Ideal Prime Beach
Ranked #17 of 234 Hotels in Marmaris
Reviewed 22 June 2014

We stayed in this hotel from 2nd-16th of June and we had a wonderful time.....

Hotel is beautiful
Free air con
TV in the room
Fridge in room
Free safe too

We had a double bed in one room and a single and a pull down double in another joining room so we had a bit privacy from the kids too :-)

Maid service was fantastic room was cleaned everyday with fresh towels and a new bottle of water, most days not until around 2 but the maid always cleaned even if I was in the room while the little one napped!

Food was nice but we did eat out a few nights of our 2 week stay and most mornings we slept in and went across the road to the no name bar (very friendly and great food) the days we did make breakfast we enjoyed the freshly made omelet and the children loved the pancakes! Ice cream only served between 7-9pm but that suited us fine as kids would of wasted it had it been available too often. Our full family 5 of us 3 kids 13,8,2 always found something nice to eat and we all really enjoyed the Chinese a la carte it was by far the best meal of our holiday!!!

Drinks were not watered down in fact they were a bit strong for my liking but would prefer it that way to the other!

The waiters were always pleasant and great with the children and my 3 all enjoyed the kids cocktails and knew which bar to go to for the best ones :-)

Helpful hint would be to take a card that has a pin in it like a points card as you can keep the aircon on while you are out so the room is nice and cool to go back too :-)

I never waited in any long ques for drinks or food but as it came into our second week the hotel did start to get busy and can imagine as it gets into the summer holidays it will be very busy!

We always managed to get sunbed at the kids pool around 8am never left it any later as we did enjoy sitting at the pool! Pools and slides were fantastic and staff were always around collecting glasses and cleaning up.

Children loved the kids club and going for a snack in the cake bar!

Location was perfect too has a lot of good shops around for bargain clothes bags ect and right in the beach for a nice cool stroll at night time before bed!

I had the best holiday and really enjoyed staying at the ideal prime beach hotel I would recommend and if you are booked or thinking of booking then I would say go for it you will have an amazing time! I read reviews before we arrived and to be honest I was worried but this hotel exceeded my expections!
We traveled as part of a group of 27 and not one of us had any complaints about the hotel or staff we all really enjoyed our holiday we are looking at booking for next year but it will be a different hotel not because we didn't enjoy it but because we would like to see a different part of turkey next time :-)

• Stayed: June 2014
6  Thank Tweediesfaescotland
iphotels, Ideal Team at Ideal Prime Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2014

Thank you for your recent holiday review posted on the Tripadvisor website.
I would also like to thank you for your many kind comments regarding all aspects of your Ideal holiday and of the hospitality that you have been shown by the staff in all areas, your happiness with the free room facilities although we do not endorse the use of a foreign card in the electricity slot (this can be a fire hazard and cards found are removed and the travel Agency reps informed), your enjoyment of the food and beverages served and of the service that you have received. I would also like to thank you for your comments regarding the new kids club featured this season and of the enjoyment experienced by your family group. I know that you have stated that you will visit other parts of Turkey for future holidays and would therefore like to thank you for your recommendation and for choosing I)deal Prime Beach for your holiday.

Reviewed 22 June 2014

I have just returned from ideal prime beach and feel the need to write a review first of all I have never been to turkey before it was our first time so we booked this hotel being a 5 star we paid Thomas cook £1620 for ten nights which I now know was way over any one else has paid who we spoke to when we arrived we thought wow in the reception then we was taken to our room very very basic you could not walk past the bottom of the bed properly has there was no room hardly any drawers one bedside cabinet The beds rock hard very basic considering it was a 5 star
Then there is the issue around the pools you have to be up before half seven if you want a sunbed pool lovely cant say nothing about the pool apart from getting a sunbed
Then i will comment truthly about the standards of the food very poor long queues on each section cold food chips cold every 5 star I been to has had a good choice this is not the case all the same chicken chips ended up eating out most nights Then there is the bar were again long queues again standard basic drinks the bar staff make you feel like rift raft never again will I stay at this hotel for the monet that we paid I am making a complaint with Thomas cook as they told us international drinks what a joke and to top it all a 5 hour delay at airport on the way back some friends of ours stayed in a 3 star further down I can honestly say I would have preferred theres and they paid 500 pound for 11 nights bed and breakfast I feel totally ripped of with Thomas cook please avoid this hotel unless you pay about 500 for 10 nights then you don't expect much and also shop around for trips they ara the same trips but u can be ripped off loads shop around

Room Tip: don't bother with any
3  Thank milly63

Thank you for your recent holiday review posted on the Tripadvisor website.
I am sorry to read that the Hotel has not met with your expectations and would like to take the opportunity to comment on your review. The Hotel offers a customer service department where concerns can be recorded and explanations given for guest questions also the personnel here have daily contact with Department Managers and concerns raised are usually resolved to the guests satisfaction. The resort rep also visits daily and liases with the customer service department working together for the satisfaction of the guests. Regarding food and beverages served in the Hotel, the Hotel hosts guests from many nations and European dishes (including the UK) are incorporated into the 14 day menu as well as the more traditional Turkish cuisine, queues may form on occasions as there are many sections in and around the restaurant and snack bars where food is freshly cooked, for example, the bbq and kebab section. All inclusive alcohol is as brochured of local spirits gin, whiskey malt, raki and vodka with International Brands of Tuborg beer, Martini Rossi and Bianco and Dry, Pepsi, Pepsi Light and 7Up, not to be confused with Imported Brands which are charged as extra in the Nightclub, the Hotel also has several other bars located by the the pool, the pub bar (for guests wishing to savour the views of Marmaris bay) and a bar in the snack area. I do hope that the information provided satisfies your review and that you will return to visit again in the future. On behalf of the team here at Ideal Prime Beach,thank you for choosing our Hotel for your holiday.

Reviewed 22 June 2014 via mobile

Amazing Hotel loved it!! All the staff and the animation team are brilliant and would go out of their way to help you and made my daughters first experience in turkey memorable. Big thanks to mini club, and jimmy in the main restaurant, our maid and simian (helped with out bags explained all we needed to know) all bar staff who all work very hard will be back next year :)

Stayed: June 2014
3  Thank Shellleah
iphotels, Ideal Team at Ideal Prime Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2014

Thank you for posting your recent holiday review on the Tripadvisor website.
I would also like to thank you for your many kind comments regarding your holiday stay with us and the hospitality that you have been shown. On behalf of the Team here at Ideal Prime Beach, I would like to thank you for your recommendation and for choosing our Hotel for your holiday, I hope you will visit us again in the future.

Reviewed 21 June 2014

Stayed for 2 weeks from June 5th. Weeks before hand after checking reviews I was concerned that I had booked 2 weeks of hell. I would not let the reviews put you off yes the hotel does has it down falls but personally we had a brilliant 2 week stay and would definitely return.

There is a choice of 2 pools that do get rather busy. After our first day we realised we needed sun beds near the entertainment stage in the main pool to be able to get the sun all day.Which I did have to get up at 6am to reserve. Even when I did reserve sun beds russian/polish/Ukraine people felt the need to use reserved sun beds and when approached about it they refused to move. Not that it is the hotels fault but it is incredibly rude I personally think something needs to be done about it. But overall we did enjoy our days by the pool.

We did eat in the hotel during the day and one evening out of the 14 nights but that was our choice to do so as it is cheap enough to eat out but I could not complain about the food there was plenty to choose from in the main restaurant and the snack bar. The toasted sandwiches and cakes shop and kebab stand where just nice little extras. We never had a problem finding a seat and the staff where quick at taking rubbish away.

There was entertainment on all day and night which is on a 1 week rota so if you are there for 2 weeks you will see it twice. We are not really ones for taking part but do enjoy watching the pool games and entertainment. On our second week we where asked to join in and we said we did not want to today and one of the girl entertainers said why don't we just go to the beach if we don't like to join in which I felt was a little bit rude as not everyone likes to take part. We did watch a few of the shows in the night club which we enjoyed and most of the entertainers are friendly 1 or 2 of the girls will be friendly during the day but not so much on a night it doesn't take much to smile or say hi. Late on in our second week they did seem to change the pool games and where trying out new games they could play ect....so at least they are working on improving things.

The main problem we had was the maid service. Our room was not getting cleaned till 4pm every day. I do understand it is a big hotel and there is a lot of rooms to clean but 4pm was a bit late on in the day we had no choice but to stay away from our room till after then otherwise our room was not cleaned. Even when it was cleaned they must of washed the floors and brushed it out on to the balcony where there would be clumps of hair and dirty left.Our bathroom was not fully cleaned for the whole 2 weeks. We had to ask for water more or less on a daily basis. We where recommended to tip the maid for a better service (which should not be the case) but we did so on our second week.Did we see an improvement?NO!! Personally I would not leave ANYTHING lying around even the littlest of things as they would not hesitate to take it. On our last day my boyfriends all inclusive wrist band got taken (yes i understand you are meant to keep them on) he approached the Maid and she acted like she's new nothing about it,then reception where going to charge 50euros for a new one.same goes for a list of telephone numbers I had that seemed to just vanish aswel. I know it is just little things but by what we got told off other people in the hotel things did going missing on a regular basis so please do be careful.

The Thomas Cook rep was very helpful.i got bitten while staying in Marmaris she was willing to take me to see a doctor in her spare time to get it checked over. She will also book tables for you at any restaurant if you ask her.

Overall we did have a good holiday the grounds where definitely 5 star pity about the rooms but it certainly did not spoil our holiday. Weather was beautiful. Got hotter as the days went on. Never seen a spot of rain.We met some nice people and will be returning in the nearby future.

4  Thank 1000Gemma0001

Thank you for posting your holiday review on the Tripadvisor website.
I would also like to thank you for your many kind comments regarding all aspects of hospitality that you have received and would like to add here that all issues and concerns that guests may haveshould be discussed with the personnel at customer services who have direct contact with the department managers including house-keeping and service. I do hope that we will be welcoming you both again in the future and on behalf of the Team here at Ideal Prime Beach, thank you for choosing our Hotel for your holiday.

Reviewed 20 June 2014

Definitely not a 5 star hotel- more a 3 star and for £800pp its not worth the money at all! Don't even know where to begin..

Food - hands down the worst part about the hotel! Not catered to english travellers at all, awful quality and the most repetitive all inclusive ive ever been to. Looks massive but when your up there (if you can even pronounce the name of the food) you then see it about 4 times around the buffet with russians pushing in front of you in the queue. Same goes for lunch and breakfast, exactly the same every day - if you can survive on pizza and chips everyday of your holiday twice a day you'll be ok! On top of this the restaurant staff are rude, don't speak a word of english and look like they just want to go home! - serving you is the last thing they want to do! We ate out the majority of days for breakfast and dinner at the no name bar across the street. Lovely staff, more than happy to help and a great english menu! Rather spend the money there than put up with the rubbish served in the hotel!

General Service - Reception staff were rude and un helpful, reported an air con problem and had to fix it ourselves as they didn't come up or even ring for 3 days!!! We had to move rooms after the first night so we couldn't even get settled! Just general help around the hotel was minimal! Maid service was so late on, some days you had to wait around in the corridor for them to finish when you came up from the pool or you could have an uncleaned room for days on end. Even when they did come they didnt always change towels as you could tell they were the same from days before.

Hotel - Not enough sunbeds around pool for amount of guests.. had to get up at 6.30am to even get chance of a bed that wasnt in the shade by 2pm! So much for a lie in on holiday! Foreign people always stealing umbrellas when the beds were left unattended and there was nobody to report it too so just had to melt even though you were up at 6.30am to get them!! All inclusive stops at midnight - cling film the water and juice machines and staff clock off meaning you have to leave the hotel to get a drink - you cant even buy one! It does have free wi-fi however it may as well not as its awful and you cant even get it in the main lobby! Beach is made of stones and just generally unpleasant. There's no air conditioning in main part of hotel - such as lobby or restaurant and for a 5 star its kind of expected? You receive small glasses of fizzy drinks for the bar and most of the time refused large even when you ask - very tight all inclusive!! clearly done on a budget!

I would not recommend this hotel for the price it is,, its mostly clean and nice to look at in terms of decor but is most certainly not a 5 star. Its an hour walk from Marmaris centre so its not even like the location is amazing.. go somewhere else.
Whether was nice though :)

Travelled as 3 couples - 8th June - 18th June.

Room Tip: standard rooms are tiny.. ask for a sea view!
2  Thank Tisha19

Thank you for posting your holiday review on the Tripadvisor website.
Guest feedback is valued and any concerns or questions that guests may have should be given at the Hotel enabling the personnel at the customer service department or the resort rep the opportunity to resolve and answer questions and concerns.I would like to take this opportunity however to add to comments that you have made regarding the Hotel and its services and facilities. Firstly, all food served in the restaurants and snack bars are of the highest quality and standard and are tasted and tested on a daily basis by our Food Quality Manager, the menus are planned on a 14 day rolling plan and incorporate dishes from all over Europe as well as the UK and most importantly, Turkey. House-keeping staff work between the hours of 9am and 5pm cleaning rooms of all guests however if a guest particulariy needs an early clean, this can be requested, all beaches around Marmaris are man-made and are not of natural golden sand. I would also like to add that the cost of all guests holidays can include return flights, return transfers and rep service as well as hotel accommodation. I hope the comments made satisfy your review, thank you for choosing our Hotel for your holiday.

Reviewed 20 June 2014

I just came from this hotel, and all I can say is that it was AMAZING.

"+"
- fantastic localization, magnificent view and well developed infrastructure (shops, supermarkets, bars, discos (bar street), local market (10 min. by Turquoise Line Bus for 2 Turkish lira).
-many restaurants and snack bars inside hotel, delicious food, there are so many tasty cakes (especially 'bachlava') that "farewell my diet".
-gorgeous impeccable interior
-VERY clean!

Recommendation:
-be up before 8 in order to get a sunshade, no problem with sunbeds instead.
-take water shoes
- do not pick Italian à la carte restaurant option
- Coffeelovers may be disappointed because coffee and drinks leave much to be desired.
-leave your laptop at home and enjoy your stay:)

Room Tip: -better pay some extra cash and take a sea-view room, avoid "swimming pool slides"- view...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank Edit P

Thank you for posting your holiday review on the Tripadvisor website.
I would like to thank you for your many kind comments regarding the hospitality that you have experienced during your holiday stay with us. I do hope that we will be welcoming you again in the future and on behalf of the Team here at Ideal Prime Beach, thank you for choosing our Hotel for your holiday.

Reviewed 20 June 2014

Just returned from a 2 week stay at Ideal Prime Beach. We had booked this hotel last year and were really starting to panic given the latest reviews. We need not worry. This hotel was amazing. The staff work so so hard and i've learned that a little bit of manners go a long way with them. I'll give a little run down of our experience.

Rooms
Superb, kept fantastically clean. We were fortunate to have a pool view which was stunning. Only downside is no drawers for clothes, but no big deal as it was only 2 weeks

Grounds
Out of this world and again spotless

Pool
The main pool was the one we used. Sunbeds are lovely and very comfy. only downside is you have to get up early, wasn't a problem for us as we were up most days at 6.30

SERIOUSLY do not know where the bad reviews came from. If you can't find something to eat here then there must be something wrong with you!!! All food was fresh and well labelled! There is fresh meat being cooked outside twice daily, yes you have to que but so what it's worth it. Fresh Kebabs in an afternoon near the pool. A patisserie and a snack bar!!
I can only presume that the people who wrote the awful reviews about the food, must have been wanting table service and gold cutlery!! ITS AN ALL INCLUSIVE HOTEL which means you serve yourself!
The only negative with the dining room is the tables. There are too many tables for 4 and 6 people. If there are 2 or 3 people already on them it's unlikely that someone else will sit there. I personally think they should split them into smaller tables and let people join them up for larger parties. We used to sit at the table and let the waiter know you were there, let him serve you a drink and then go for food so that they knew you were sat there. Never had a problem with not being able to get one

Entertainment
I felt this was the area in which the hotel lacked the most. They had the same programme on every single day, you could set your watch by them! We participated the first couple of days but I didn't want to be doing the same thing every day! The evening shows were ok although they only lasted an hour. And again it was only on a weeks rota, really should have been 2 weeks to save having to see them again. We listened to the live singer in the upstairs terrace and he was really good. Nightclub is ok and very well soundproofed. You have to pay for your drink after 12, we never stayed that late but we were told that it was 47 Lira (£15) for a glass of house wine!

Management
Check in was smooth, used to see a lot of managers (i presume because of their own clothes) walking around and not doing anything, except taking selfies and texting!!! the staff work exceptionally hard at this hotel so being a manager myself they should get the recognition they need!!

All in all we had a lovely stay and met some lovely people, we are looking at returning next year

5  Thank KatieJay1985

Thank you for your recent holiday review posted on the Tripadvisor website.
I would like to thank you for your many comments regarding your holiday stay with us and I am happy to read that you have experienced all that the Hotel has to offer by way of food that is served, service that you have received and the friendliness of the staffç I do hope that you will visit us again in the future and on behalf of the Team here at Ideal Prime Beach, thank you for choosing our Hotel for your holiday.