“awful”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of My Way Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Marmaris
My Way Hotel
Ranked #207 of 234 Hotels in Marmaris
Warrington, United Kingdom
“awful”
Reviewed 8 July 2011

where do i start with this hotel, well me my pregnant girlfriend mother inlaw and brother inlaw arrived at the my way hotel, we had previously asked for a ground floor room as my girlfriend is pregnant, insted they put us in the attic room at the top of the building there was no lift and very steep stairs, there no offer at all to help with are luggage! are room was like a prison it was so small and my self would repeatedly hit my head on the low roof and doorways. 1 side of the door bed was completely caved in which my partner roled out of. we repetedley asked to be moved or the bed fixed everyday and nothing was done , the towles never once got changed!! and when we asked the manger can we move lower as my partner is pregnant he repiled " you will need the exercise" awful hotel,staff and general attitude.
avoid this hotel at all cost!

Room Tip: as low as poss as there is no lift and no help with bags
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank bezza8

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
  • Turkish first
Whitehaven, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 July 2011

Recently returned from a 7 night stay in Hotel My Way in Marmaris , First impressions on arriving was quite good , Check in was effortless and we then proceeded to the 3rd floor apartment which we had been allocated. There is no lift in this hotel and no help with the suitcases.
When we entered the room , my wife and I were a disapointed with the room , it had no balcony and a very small window at the front of the apartment .The room layout and bathroom is what I can only describe as wedged shaped , a bit like a block of cheese . We complained to the manager who then moved us to the 2nd floor which was a normal
room and balcony. We were also informed that you cannot bring drink or food into the hotel , so we needed to smuggle in night time snacks and drinks for our own use
The room itself was clean and tidy , but there is a strange set up with the apartment door and the bathroom door due to a lack of space, you cant open both at the same time and if you need the bathroom then you have to open the door 180 deg before you can enter also with the toilet/shower area being quite small when showering the toilet and sink both get well washed There is a television in the room , but it has no english channels so no point in switching it on .The room itself was small but acceptable but what was a concern was the poor door security , it looked if someone wanted to gain entry into your room it could be done fairly easy with a good push .Towells were only changed once during the week and the room was cleaned only after day 3 and day 6 .
Extras were a Safety deposit box = £10 week Air conditioning £30 week which you do need.
Breakfast was the normal turkish and it was adequate along with either tea or coffee , if you want anything else to drink ie Fruit juice then you have to pay for it.

The pool was okay but missing grids in a couple of places and there was no umberellas for shade, but there was two larger umberellas but they were broken. The staff were quite pleasant especially Arcan would spoke good english , the rest of the staffs english was limited .Out and about is lots of great eating places and we had some fantastic meals. We then usually ended up at the hotel konak over the road for a night cap and a good laugh with the konak boys and also during the day for a full english beakfast for just £2.

and had a balcony

Room Tip: 3rd floor rooms are not acceptable
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank Dave-6

Travellers are raving about these Marmaris hotels

Reviewed 14 June 2011

I just come back from turkey and stayed at My Way hotel. The hotel is a new build with 3 floors. The rooms are good in size. No more then 2 people can fit with a fair size bathroom.
The hotel is located approx 5min walk from the beach, which we liked as the main stirp is very loud with bars and pubs.
The staff are excellent and food is good.

Rooms get cleaned on a regular basis and you get hotel water, that makes a change.

I would go back to this hotel any day, and am considering going back soon.

• Stayed June 2011
9 Thank Ahiarahman
York, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 June 2011

Hotel is small and basic but great and reasonably clean.
Rooms were redecorated last year and are basic and adequate, some are slightly small but if you want space and luxury then pay 5 star prices. Didn't have a hairdryer in the room but when we asked about it the hotel said they often get stolen so now keep them at reception but are happy to loan them out.
Hotel had only been open for 2 weeks this year when we arrived on 20th May so was very quiet, nearly more staff than guests.
Only employed a proper cleaner 3 days before we left but towels/bedding were changed without question on request.
General manager Mitch speaks good English and is more than happy to sort any problems out.
Breakfast is basic Turkish variety ( bread,tomato,cucumber,cheese,olives.jam) but is what we expected, full English is available everywhere for £2-£3 (including the hotel but we didn't try it ).
Only ate at the hotel one night and the food was okay but there was a lack of ambiance due to the lack of other guests, am sure this will change as the season gets busier.
About 10 mins walk to the beach and 20 mins to the harbour area, 2 or 3 minimarkets and a chemists within 50 meters of the hotel.
We would certainly go back as we were made very welcome and location was ideal for getting out and about the Marmaris area.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple