“Stunning resort with great staff”

Club Adakoy Resort Hotel
Ranked #27 of 234 Hotels in Marmaris
Reviewed 20 June 2014

Adakoy is a beautiful resort - the location is simply stunning. The resort is small and pretty, designed in the style of a traditional village with painted exteriors. It overlooks an undeveloped island and tree lined hills. We had a wonderful time and the staff couldn't have done more to be helpful - they were knowledgeable, keen and passionate. The food was excellent too. We would definitely return! The only slight downside is that the wind there is not great, influenced by wind direction from the various hills and tends to swirl in the bay a little, so really only suits beginners / intermediates, which was fine for us. Had a great week overall!

Room Tip: ask for a room with outside space (some have patios/terraces/roof gardens)
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank olga t

Reviewed 19 June 2014

Well guys what can I say yet another amazing holiday with Neilson's. This was our seventh holiday and our second visit to Adakoy!
Alex & Adam you are certainly captain's of a fantastic piece of Paradise and should be very proud!
We returned again this year after a fantastic time last year and the experience just got better!
The Head Chef Resul Erol and his team provided us with an amazing selection of mouthwatering delicious food. Haluk in charge of a fantastic group of very friendly bar and restaurant staff.
Which team should I mention first.. Katie in charge of her fantastic beach team, there to help and provide excellent tuition to all peoples capabilities! My husband Gez was so happy to find Koray was in Adakoy once again in charge of Windsurfing tuition.. He is very patient and extremely knowledge and cares for everybody's safety.
Most of our family time was spent down on the jetty with John and his water ski-ing team, they are very experienced and gave lots of encouragement to both my children Max aged 9 and Charley 5.
Emre you are the best at Zumba you had me in stitches!!
The most important team for parents is the Nannies and Mannies providing excellent care and fun!. Lizzie what a fantastic team you have, Max and Charley had a truly owe some two weeks... Jaz what patience you have, looking after Max the only Sharkster the second week, very special memories. Paul hope you have recovered from Charley' s non stop football on the last evening you were fantastic with him!
If you enjoy a Spa go and visit Vicky and her team and be pampered... Loved the Temple Spa products!
We also had a fantastic day on a yacht in the hands of Mally, her knowledge of sailing was amazing and the boys had a lovely day!
I think you can say we had a great time.. Thank you Neilson's.
Itching now to book 2015 ... Amazing holidays for all the family you won't be disappointed!

Room Tip: Sea view rooms have a better view on the high floors, the hotel is very compact so nothing is too fa...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Jane C
Reviewed 19 June 2014 via mobile

I wanted to give more than four but less than five for this review. The only minuscule criticism would be the evening entertainment which tended to focus a little too much on the staff at times. Would have liked some music and dancing (last night was rather heavy on the Zumba) my friend and I spent a week here. My first time, her fourth (she takes her husband and teenage sons). I will definitely be going back with my family. The activities are endless and there is a constant message from all staff that they want to do better for you. Sadly they are not in control of the weather, so novice sailors had a frustrating time with little or no wind. Still we were taken out in dinghies and given what insight was possible. Brad got me playing tennis for the first time in years and the Booze and Balls is possibly the best laugh I have had in ages. Best sporting attitude was on the volleyball court where all and sundry vie to beat the staff team (we won!). My personal star was Laura the swimming coach who after only two sessions had cured my face in the water fear. Thank you! Food is amazing. Around a dozen different Turkish mezze dishes at lunch and dinner - a dizzying and ever-changing array, plus fresh fish and meat dishes too numerous to mention. The spa is small but perfectly formed. Naomi's magic hands helped my ageing muscles cope with my over-indulgence on the volleyball court, and the manicure and pedicure she gave me are still going strong a week later. Wow! Will be back very soon!

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Yankeegir
Reviewed 17 June 2014

Travelling with a family with different ideas about a perfect holiday and coeliac disease can be rather tricky and it was with some trepidation that we booked this holiday as those on the Neilson helpline were rather vague about the food choices for gluten free. As it turned out the gluten free stuff we took with us should have been left at home as the restaurant there was brilliant and the food and beverages manager and chefs all made it remarkably easy. After the first night when I identified myself as gluten-free they ensured all food was gluten free where possible (so just things like pasta, pastry and noodle dishes were not) and where things were not gluten free I was able to request almost everything as a gluten free version. Gluten free pancakes for breakfast, gluten free pizza for dinner, nothing was too much trouble.
The location is just beautiful and delightfully hidden away from the busy Marmaris coast which is still an easy river taxi ride away. The staff of the hotel were thoughtful and the little details like the maid making the towels into hearts with flower petals scattered in them were really sweet. There was some noise from the beach bar at night, but we were all so worn out it didn't have any effect on us.
The equipment was all in good condition, although sometimes various ropes on dingys had been left in odd locations by previous guests. Not much staff can do about that. The wind was rather flukey, making it tough for beginners to get the hang of stuff and even I was rather bemused by going across the bay close hauled, doing a 180 degree turn and going across the bay close hauled.
The kids clubs were very well run by the nannies and mannies, giving a vast variety of different activities and my youngest absolutely adored them. If she could have packed Laura into a suitcase and brought her home with us she would have. I wish they had sent out club information in advance, though, as it changed between booking and arriving and so she didn't have any evening socials which she was expecting. My oldest we paid extra for to go into Hot Shots to get some qualifications as he was really keen to do so and he also had great tuitition, despite some rather grotty children with him. I think a more advertised bullying policy may have helped, but even the manager was rather aghast at the behaviour so I don't think it is too common. Even those staff not on kiddy duty were great with them, and they all went the extra mile to make sure it was a really amazing holiday for them.
The Spa was a haven of tranquility and I was left ready to have a quiet nap after my chilled out afternoon, and the princess sparkle package (toenails and finger nails painted) for my little girl is still being talked about now as she felt very special!
Overall the activities available were amazing and as a family we sampled the cycling (easy level only!), Stand Up Paddleboarding (lots of fun for all), dingy/cat sailing, windsurfing, sit on kayaking, snorkelling, tennis, waterskiing and pontoon jumping. Need a holiday to recover...

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Cjs_family
Reviewed 16 June 2014

As a keen sportsman and subather this holiday was suggested by my girlfriend who had been on similar watersports/activity holidays growing up, and wanted a relatively cheap and care-free week-long holiday abroad.

Adakoy is a beautiful small resort, within an 20minute taxi boat ride to the main town of Marmaris. The complex is a nice size, with roughly 200 people at maximum capacity staying on the island, making it feel secluded but also sociable. Our room was clean and spacious, and a very short walk to the beach, activity centre and pool area.

There is a staggering array of activities available to guests; from sailing, windsurfing, gym classes and tennis, and guests are encouraged to take part as much or as little as they desire. The beach club is well staffed, with excellent equipment, and the enthusiasm of the staff could not be faulted.

We were concerned regarding the evenings being too quiet in Adakoy, however the entertainment put on by the team at Neilson was very good, and the beach bar is a very sociable area where people are keen to chat and share a drink or two! In fact the two nights we ventured to Marmaris we found it quite loud and brash.

In summary a fantastic holiday in a lovely location, ideal for the more active holiday maker, and far more competitively priced than companies like Marc Warner. Would certainly visit again.

3  Thank Oliver M
Reviewed 16 June 2014

We arrived in the dead of night at club Adakoy by boat. The candlelit walk along the pontoon into the resort was amazing. Little did we know, this would just be the start of one of the most fun weeks of our lives!

Everything was amazing, couldn't fault the food, the sheer range of things to eat left you quivering and worrying you wouldn't be able to try everything in a week. The equipment was all immaculate, the sea was blue and the sun shone.

I would recommend this holiday to absolutely everyone, there was a completely blind lady there the week we were there and the staff all went out of their way to ensure she could get involved in everything on offer!

Absolutely fantastic all round (the bed could have been a touch softer though)

Room Tip: The restricted view rooms are further away from the bar and therefore a bit quieter if you like catc...
2  Thank Matthew R
Reviewed 15 June 2014

Lovely small resort, thoroughly enjoyed our week with Neilson here. Starting with the BA flights, then arriving by boat into the pretty village like beachclub, everything went smoothly. Our room was clean and spacious with a tiny balcony overlooking the pool and out to sea. Huge range of activities included in the price - my husband loved the sailing and instruction every day, while I loved lounging around the pool which was quiet and large.
The beachclub is very well staffed - the Neilson staff can't be faulted. We found them all to be tremendously helpful and friendly - not just the "professional friendliness" you expect, but genuinely warm, open and cheerful. They seemed to be having fun and genuinely enjoying their jobs and it permeated throughout the beachclub.
It was notable how wide the age range of guests was at the club - from toddlers to pensioners and everyone in between! All seemed to be thoroughly enjoying themselves - I honestly didn't hear a moan or complaint all week. We headed over to Marmaris a couple of times, once on the organised 'Sunset cruise' which was really enjoyable, and once on the water taxi under our own steam. Marmaris is loud and brash - the complete antithesis of Adakoy - glad we went and saw it but even gladder to get back to Adakoy!

3  Thank Lou_Mike