“Not that good, but not very bad.”
Review of Pasabey Hotel

Pasabey Hotel
Ranked #35 of 234 Hotels in Marmaris
Antwerp, Belgium
“Not that good, but not very bad.”
Reviewed 15 September 2013

We have just returned from 8 nights in the PasaBey and prepare for a long and honest review. We arrived late (after midnight) and we were given a twin room on the ground floor. ( I have sent a mail to the hotel to ask for a double bed but did not get any reply.) We decided not to complain and pushed our beds against each other. The next day, the housekeeping gave us a double sheet and made our bed up as a double. We were very happy! The room was very well cleaned every day.

The food is very nice, plenty of choice. I do not get why people complain about the food. What did you expect? Go to the Mac Donalds if you want to have chips and burgers. There is sooo much more to eat. We had a different main course every day, so many desserts..

The staff in the Restaurant/bar is also very polite. They work hard, they are always happy, they always help you when you are looking for something.

The reception staff on the other hand were soooo uninterested. Especially the big lady. There was another man at the reception and he looked so depressed. What a shame, comparing to the happy restaurant staff. Don't bother ordering sandwiches before 06.00 PM on the day of departure. The night guard and the night receptionist where LAYING (!!) in one of the seats at the entrance. he checked us out and asked for our sandwiches and he said ' the cook will be here in 10 minutes'. 30 minutes later, we were sitting in the bus for two hours without breakfast. The night staff were still laying on the seats. We were trying to get coffee, but the machine was not on yet. The night staff looked at us from their seats and did not say a thing. ... Thank you uninterested, lazy, depressed night staff!

The problem with the sunbeds... what can I say. We did not get up at 06.00 am to get a sunbed. We had a walk in the morning and at 3-4 Pm a lot of sunbeds were free again. Once, we were lucky to find two beds at 10 am.

The spa area is very nice! Good customer service. I have spent 40 EUR for 1.5 hour massage, turkish steambath, scrub, foam massage etc. Which was very good value and very nice young staff!

the entertainment was very poor. The entertainer was just one man so it was difficult for him to do something exciting. The night entertaiment did not take longer than 10 minutes. I was very interested in the Breakdance boys, but I was dissapointed when they finished 10 minutes later.

Overall, it is a decent hotel. Our room was facing the inner courtyard, on the ground floor so we had a lot of noise with a group of people walking in the inner courtyard after their night out. The night guard told them to go away. That is why noisy people did not like him I guess. If you are friendly to the staff, they are friendly to you. that's just how it is.

If you can take care of yourself and you do not need to pass by the reception very often, I really recommend this hotel. Good value, good food, clean rooms, good location, near the marine and the beach.. I would go back because we had a good time in there.
If you are a type that needs a lot of information and attention from the reception staff, do not go here because they give you a really really bad feeling.

1 Thank Aledis738

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (105)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
cheshire
Reviewed 15 September 2013

We recently stayed at the Pasa Bey Hotel in Marnaris (2/09-12/09/13) and had a really good holiday!
The hotel is well presented with modern décor throughout, the staff we're friendly and polite and the food was great with an excellent variety of freshly cooked food.
Although our room was on the compact side (322), it was really clean and had all the usual amenities which included air conditioning, mini fridge & safety deposit box (charge payable at reception). With being on the top floor our room was really quiet, the downside being that our balcony had a disappointing view onto the balcony of the hotel next door but as we didn't spend a great deal of time in our room this was not a problem. On arrival our fridge was stocked with two small bottles of mineral water which we could top up using the mineral water dispensers located around the hotel, In our bathroom there was a selection of complimentary toiletries on arrival, the shower was really great, lots of hot water and really powerful and our towels got changed daily.
The food in the restaurant couldn't be faulted! Breakfast was buffet style there was a big selection of both continental and hot choices and a chef cooking eggs / omelettes to order. Lunch was buffet style choice, big salad bar and choice of several hot dishes. Afternoon snacks typically hamburgers were served out by the pool area around 2-3pm and coffee and biscuits were served in the Atrium area around 4-5pm (although we found the cakes and biscuits to be a bit tasteless). Dinner was served from 7.30pm onwards, there was a huge choice of food both in the main restaurant area and outside by the pool bar. We were really impressed by the variety and quality of the food and couldn't find fault - the desserts were especially delicious! A minor irritation was that the staff were sometimes a bit too enthusiastic in clearing away your plates and glasses.
The pool and pool area are a lot smaller than they appear on photo's of the hotel, our only really annoyance was that there are not enough sunbeds/area for sunbeds around the pool for the hotel guests. This resulted in guests queuing up at before 7.30am to ensure a bed!
Apart from this the hotel is ideally located, it is only a ten minute stroll into the centre of Marmaris which is really pretty, and it is far enough away to ensure you can have a peaceful and relaxing holiday if you so choose. We had a great time and thought it was good value for money!

Room Tip: Get up early to secure a sunbed!
1 Thank Sungodsrus
Scotland
Reviewed 13 September 2013

My wife and I shared a two week period of opposites; from relaxation to stress, laughter to complete disbelief and agitation, excellence to downright incompetence, and to top it all off some of the extraordinary behaviour by some guests.

Like most reviews, people will reflect on what their personal experiences have been over a period of time and use this to judge whether a hotel is generally good or bad. I suppose this one will be no different however some of the good points I will describe are probably good because of particularly dedicated individual members of staff. Some of the negative aspects that I will outline are indicative of management failure and lack of customer focus.

The communal areas are kept very clean, the bedroom we were in (316) was spotless and linen, towel changes and room cleaning services were excellent; comments about lack of storage are valid so if you can, try to squeeze a couple of additional coat hangers into your case. Food we found to be excellent, plentiful and generally we found the restaurant to be fantastic. The staff in here are brilliant and work like Trojans; there was always something that suited my taste. The courtyard is a really nice feature too and the swing-seats are great for relaxing in.

Now to the difficult bit to write. Reception staff we found to be consistently uncaring to the point where they are rude. The night shift security staff (both of them) are particularly odious wee men and I wondered if their arrogance was in some way relative to their height....... The shorter one was nastier and more objectionable than the other. The hotel, if it cares about relationships with guests, should sever their employment. There are too many complaints about them for this to be ignored. There was one very nice disabled lady at the hotel whilst I was there whom (and I have only anecdotal evidence of this) paid one of the night duty mafioso 50tlr to reserve her a subbed. This seems incredulous but having seen these guys, I am not surprised. I was also present when another female guest complained that one of the male cleaning staff had been taking photos of her on his mobile phone.

"Operation Sunbed" is something else. Be prepared to queue from 06.30 each day, in a claustrophic corridor while having to await the night duty mafia guy to come around to unlock the starter gates ...... Then stand by to be trampled under the rush of guests trying to salvage their microscopic piece of poolside territory for the day. Most guests then promptly disappear for the remainder of the day and not even use the Sunbed until the afternoon ...... I kid you not. However this queue, whilst I was there is where the Jeremy Kyle reference in the title of this review comes From. Allow me to quickly skip over the experiences I endured. One lady, entered the gents toilet and paddled her feet in the puddled floor and then proceeded to wipe her toes against the legs of guests standing in the "Operation Sunbed" queue. She eventually stripped off and paraded herself in the hotel restaurant and was eventually taken to hospital. I think she was ill however her so called friends who stood idly by and watched her should be ashamed!!

Another guest, who begun queuing from 05.30 (told you it was Jeremy Kyle stuff) regaled us with wild conspiracy theories about any subject anyone cared to raise ..... What a blathering wee idiot he was. Another middle aged Irish couple spent the fortnight getting absolutely hammered and abused other guests without any intervention by management despite numerous complaints. They even argued with guests during the day in front of children using language that can only be described as "creatively french". I appreciate the people experiences here are not directly about the hotel necessarily however I did say at the start that this was a reflection of my two week period.

In summary, if this hotel had not had the people in it at the time I was there, I would probably have been bored to be honest, they gave the majority of guests something to talk about and a few friendships probably came out of our tittle-tattling. The hotel could be fantastic if all areas functioned as well as the restaurant ..... But it doesn't. Would I return to Pasabey? Probably, but only if the same lunatics were there too as the entertainment they provided was priceless. The fact that this is my overriding memory says all I need to about the hotel itself.

Room Tip: Take a chest of drawers, a few coat hangers, an alarm clock, an open mind, sneak a few tumblers from...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
9 Thank LeBossScotland
Scotland
Reviewed 12 September 2013

I can only agree with the comments from Izzwhiz below, looks like we were there around the same time.
We had room 338 which had a good sized balcony that served as an excellent sun trap in the afternoon with views of the mountains.
There were 3 main issues for us which were, lack of sunbeds, lack of storage space in the room and drinking from plastic beakers in the evening. Solution could be that perhaps some of the seating area at the restaurant side could be sacrificed to provide more space at the pool? This would not completely resolve the situation as the fundamental problem is available space and the behaviour of guests who leave towels on beds and don't return to them until late afternoon. This needs to be policed better by hotel management/staff (1to2 hour curfew then towels off?).
The lack of storage could be improved if not resolved by moving the fridge out of the cupboard to under the dressing table (or remove it all together due to it's limited use).
I appreciate that as the evening entertainment is also at the pool that this is why plastic beakers are used, perhaps the hotel could invest in better quality plastic glasses for use in the evening and allow proper glasses for drinks being consumed in the courtyard?
Having stayed in several hotels in Turkey including the 5 star Hilton, I have to say that the standard of the food at the Pasa Bey was very good, it might not always have been to my taste but was always fresh and regularly replenished. We never had the same soup or main course twice during our 11 night stay.
When I see other reviews complaining about the choice of food and drink I have to ask myself how much did these guests pay for their holiday as I certainly feel that for the money we paid including flights to Turkey in a very clean hotel with a good selection of fresh food within walking distance to a lovely marina not to mention the sunshine was an absolute bargain. If anything the hotel might need to review their pricing policy to make it less attractive for the people who have been commented on in previous reviews who abuse the all inclusive drinks package and other guests. These are not young people and include a party of 6 who arrived at the end of our stay who felt it acceptable to behave in an inappropriate manner towards the entertainment organiser causing embarrassment to him and other British guests around the pool. Please don't be put off by comments around badly behaved guests, 98% of people staying at the hotel were of mixed age groups and were there to enjoy their holiday.
Overall we had a great stay at the Pasa Bey, restaurant and bar staff were superb in particular the head lady who kept everything ticking over like clock work, the twins mentioned in previous reviews and the maids/cleaning staff who keep the hotel spotless.

Room Tip: Higher floor, 336, 338 were good for afternoon sunshine
1 Thank JAMScotland
Blackburn, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 September 2013

We have just returned from a two week stay at the Pasa Bey with two friends and overall the holiday was good, the food was excellent, good choice and often newly produced, service within the restaurant was also very good, the staff within the restaurant were very very helpful in attending to your every need. The rooms modern, not very large and not very well furnished, being short of space for average take of holiday clothes, rooms were cleaned daily by the helpful and friendly maids. The staff on reception were helpful but not over enthusiastic. It is a 10/15 minute walk to the beach area and the majority of the shops and bars. The pool area which also doubles up as the entertainment area of an evening is far to small for the size of the hotel, I counted that the area would accommodate no more than 35 sunbeds, but there are a small number of tables and chairs also. Marco the entertainment officer is on duty 7 days a week around the pool area, he attempts to "whip up" some interest in the activities of an evening, which consisted of a Turkish Evening, A Bartender show Break Dancing show and Bingo (one game), the whole entertainment of each evening lasted no longer than 20 minutes.

Room Tip: The better and larger rooms are hard to come by, we managed to change our room to a larger size with...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Chrisbri2013
Bridgend, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 September 2013

overall hotel was very clean with some very nice features,especially a really nice shower in room and a lovely seating area to chill night or day.Main problem was definately not enough sunbeds,I asked rep "was there enough beds per guests" to which the reply was"yes,if you get up early" in other words no then.People were queueing as early as 6.30am-this is not my idea of a holiday,there definately was not enough beds per guests,some guests having to sit on plastic chairs to sunbathe in front of restaurant,not very comfy,surely they expected and deserved more after paying for a well deserved holiday.Either this or get up really early and scramble for a bed when the security guard opened doors!Drinks.....well,they didn't have their own brands in anything apart from vodka and rum,my daughter wanted baileys,had to pay 14tl and same for bicardi etc.Some all inclusive oh and no cocktails either!Food Court too small to service guests so expect queues here as well,also a very regimented feel to everything,like kids in school waiting for school dinners.Evening entertainment limited though Marco worked hard with little he had.A long,long way behind other countries doing A/I.Also,soft drinks served in tiny plastic beakers half full,not enough to quench your thirst then in high temperatures and not much choice of food either.As well as lack of sunbeds there weren't enough seats for everyone in night either.Came home shattered after queueing for beds,when your're up early for work etc back home it would be nice to relax and have a wee lie on away but,as said,ALL beds gone by 7.45am.Will not return

Room Tip: End rooms on third floor had larger balconies.We had room 313 and were facing other peoples balconie...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank 114pam114
Seaham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 September 2013

overall the hotel was lovely and most of the staff very friendly and hard working, however the night security guard is a terrible man, bullying and rude, tried to complain to manager, he said he would have a word but he did not, also the male receptionist who checked us in was shouting at us to get to our room when he had finished checking us in even though I was trying to explain I was waiting for him checking in the other rooms where my children were staying in, i wanted to make sure I knew where their rooms were and they were safe but he was crazy shouting at me to leave and get to my room.

Bar staff and restaurant staff keep everywhere immaculate and are constantly cleaning around you.

Drinks get smaller as the night goes on, you are allowed a large beer when you have your meal but by 10pm you are having drinks in small paper cups, no drinks at all after 12pm, sometimes they refuse you from 11,30.

entertainment was rubbish, nothing on for adults or children and although you arent a million miles away from the main resort its not on your doorstep either and there is nothing around the hotel, Trying to get a sunbed is a joke queing at 6.30-7am on a morning, pool area is too small for the size of the hotel

our first time in turkey and I would go back there but I would not stay at the Pasa bey again.

we stayed her at the end of august, myself partner and 5 children aged 9-19.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family