“Accommodation” 3 of 5 bubbles

Scotland, UK
“Accommodation”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 August 2013

I stayed at London Blue with my 2 kids. Lots of various pros & nets
Negs - the hotel room didn't have a fridge, which meant we couldn't keep anything cool for longer than 10 mins. It was given a basic clean every day, but fresh towels was always done daily. Tv didn't work, so took up much needed space. Shower was a constant problem, working when it wanted too. Took a week to get fixed. Air-con leaked water. Barking dogs & a cockerel, which at 05:30 in the morning is not a good start to the day.
Pros - all the staff were extremely friendly. Excellent with my children also. Food is faultless & they will change order to suit customer. Beach & amenities are all within walking distance. Prices are reasonable for drinks & foods. Nightly entertainment for all ages (finishes at midnight).

Basically you get what you pay for. If I were to return, I wouldn't take my kids. But I would rather try other accommodation.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
  • Turkish first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2013 via mobile

This hotel came to my rescue when my original hotel was let's just say really bad. I turned up at London blue. And they let me have a room at a moments notice. At which I was very grateful. The staff are more than happy to help. And the rooms are very adequate. They're clean n tidy. The pool I's only small but you can have loads of fun. And you only need to jump out to get to the bar. Iv allready booked up for next year. A brilliant ten days with very good company.

• Stayed August 2013
3 Thank Peter S
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2013

My wife and I have just returned from a twelve night stay at the Hotel London Blue. We found everyone to be very helpful,attentive and fun. The Manager was very good,the staff at happy brothers restaurant on site were great. The pool wasn't very big granted but my wife paddled about safely which was great. The rooms are basic but clean and tidy. All In all I would recommend The Hotel London Blue to anyone going to Marmaris. The menu was excellent, economical and very good value for money especially local alcohol two for one advice to anyone don't miss out on any of it.

Room Tip: corner suites are large and sunny. ask for a fridge.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Alan s
st.helens merseyside
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2013

We stayed at the hotel London blue for 12 days had a great time the staff was very friendly and the food was lovely the only let down in this hotel is the pool it's very small there wasn't much room for sun loungers either

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank leah28
ellesmere port
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2013

hiya I have just returned from 14 nights at London blue I have been to marmaris 15 times staying at different hotels and this hotel was one of the best basic but you get what you pay for room cleaned 11 days of my stay food was excellent pool very clean the waiters were very friendly alan. bob marley. mashum .look after you and arkhan who has now left I cannot understand the bad reviews given bit everyone is different change your money at eddies the excursion booking agency next door also any trips you want and not through your rep,if your barter with them in the shops take a tio from me half the price they ask for then add a third don't go any higher than that if you want value for money try cousins restaurant just around the corner or a change thankyou for reading my review and enjoy your stay at London blue

Room Tip: pref first floor right hand side of hotel
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
7 Thank shaunn s
Wakefield, England, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2013

Good hotel .Rooms basic but cleaned every day.Food was lovely.Waiters worked very hard and made our stay enjoyable,only fault was they could have done with putting a bucket under air conditioning pipe to catch the water as we werent able to sit on balcony as it was swimming with water all the time.Good nights at the bar though with the other guests there as well.One word of WARNING .If the waiters wife asks you at the bar if you have got a 20 pound note for some change DONT give them your english money.I DID and got pound coins(which were ok) some 20p pieces (which were ok) and a 10 pound note (WHICH WAS A COUNTERFEIT NOTE).... I didnt realise until i got home (I know i only had that 10 pound note in my purse from them).When i tried to buy something in England with it and it was refused.So thanks to the person that works the till every night i am £10 worse off !!!!!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
wales
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2013

Staff were nice at hotel and food was fresh and tasty. Apart from that , no redeeming features. I am well traveled and this is my 4th holiday this year staying in a wide range of hotels. My 5th time to Turkey so I knew what to expect. Room was not cleaned once during the time we stayed, bins were emptied in bathroom and pillows turned over and that was extent of cleaning. Floors filthy, shower stained even though they looked newly fitted.Fridge not working in room ,TV not working (we wouldn't have used it anyway), but waste of space in small room .Aircon dripped onto our balcony which was a constant puddle of dirty water. Loud music until mid night meant we couldn't return to room until after that time if we wanted to sleep. We ckecked out 4 days early and paid for another hotel.Would not return

Room Tip: Try Pine Wood Apart hotel ,Icmeler. Same price rooms
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank WalesJilly

Travellers are raving about these Marmaris hotels