Casa De Maris Spa & Resort Hotel
Poseidon Hotel(Marmaris)(Great Value!)
US$66
Hotels.com
  • Pool
Maris Beach Hotel(Marmaris)(Great Value!)
US$44
US$43
Hotels.com
US$209
US$135
Hotel Cettia Beach Resort(Marmaris)(Great Value!)
US$94
US$84
Orsmaris Boutique Hotel(Marmaris)(Great Value!)
US$73
US$39
US$80
Agoda.com
Club Aida(Marmaris)(Great Value!)
US$49
Green Nature Diamond Hotel(Marmaris)(Great Value!)
US$119
US$99
1,571 results
All reviewsanimation teamselma jewellery shopturkeypool areamini barturkish bathgala nightmodern hotelbag shopsea viewa la carte restaurantbeach boynext yearfantastic hotelgreat holidaybar staffwaiter service
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 6 November 2012

Arrived very early Tuesday (no thanks to unhelpful flight times) and the hotel staff were great and very courteous. As a five member family the two rooms were of good size and well equipped. The third bed was short and unusual looking but more than comfortable.

The breakfast was great, plentiful and tasty catering for all tastes including eggs which were fried, boiled, scrambled and omelettes. There was a huge variety to suit any pallate. The lunch and dinner were equally good and again no cause for any complaint. The desserts were out of this world and I think that an inch may have been gained around my waist.

The view from 2 sides of the hotel is a side view of the sea and if you are lucky there is the full sea view and also of the pool. The pool is of a good size, well equipped with sun beds and swimming aids for all. There is a good pool bar. During our stay there was a kids entertainer throughout to keep my 3 suitably amused. As an all inclusive hotel the drinks were flowing all day from 10 am to midnight.

The rooms were cleaned regularly, the beds and matresses were good if a bit firm, the A/C worked, the linen clean and the bathroom of a high standard.

Finally the major plus were the staff serving everyone daily - they always always served with a smile on their face and were always looking to help.

The sauna, jacuzzi and Turkish Hamaam is complimentary although the massages do cost but a fraction of the UK cost (as confirmed by the wife). I would go again next year.

Room Tip: Although most rooms have side view of the sea - go for ones that overlook the pool as that will give you ful sea view
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank DaFamilyMan
Reviewed 6 November 2012

Just back from casa de maris (oct 15th-22nd) weather was very nice 31c every day travelled with a party of 4 people (all retired) on arrival at check in well impressed with hotel speedy book in by pleasant staff as was to be the case all week with the staff. food was very good service was good plenty of sunbeds for everyone bar service exellent entertainment every night rooms were very good. Clean.bed linen every day
Will definately be back next year
Rm prior

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank tuckprior
Reviewed 5 November 2012

Went for a week to Marmaris on 17 October 2012. Wanted to avoid screaming children and so booked out of season. The weather was in late 20s and reached 30 degrees during the week.
OK so the hotel is modern and clean. Staff were all very friendly although on a couple of occasions noticed that serving men first was more of a priority than serving women which prompted me to say something.

The rooms were very comfortable. Only problem was that you cannot alter the air con and it is set at 24. I highly rate the rooms and have no cause for complaint. You have complementary soap, shower gel, shampoo, conditioner, slippers etc. Mattresses very comfortable and pillows of high quality.

The food is delicious and given that this is an all inclusive hotel the alcoholic drinks were not of a bad quality. Tip: the best G&T is found in the Physkos Bar!

The views are beautiful. This hotel is located further our from Marmaris. You can walk or get a bus into town if you like but it is a good location as it is away from the commercial centre. You can also walk along the promenade to Icemeler which is 40 minutes on foot and you can stop for a cool drink on the way and then get the boat back to Marmaris harbour for 10 lire each. This is well worth doing.

The spa is also very nice. For £58 I had a 90 minutes spa session which included a 30 mins Turkish bath, face mask, 10 mins reflexology, and 40 mins Balinese massage. This was a bargain given that I usually pay £35 for a 40 minute massage in the UK. There is also a sauna and jacuzzi that you can use.

Would recommend this hotel to anyone who fancies recharging their batteries in the Turkish sun without the hassle from touts etc

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank LucyC915
Reviewed 4 November 2012

I always review the hotels I stay in and am as generous as I can be in my review. Although there were many good things about this hotel, unfortunately the fact that I barely had any sleep for the entire week I was there has meant that I feel two stars is appropriate - after all it was meant to be a holiday, not an endurance test!
The sleeplessness was caused by several things - firstly a crowing cockerel from around 3.30am which was audible from both sides of the hotel (I changed rooms to try and escape it) and, likewise, a dog which barked incessantly from 6am each day.
If this wasn't bad enough, every night between 1am and around 3.30am there were late arrivals at the hotel who made no attempt to be quiet. Lots of door slamming and staff moving beds from room to room because they had obviously not processed the bookings properly.
I understand that the hotel has little control over the dog and the cockerel, but the late arrival noise and bed shifting was inexcusable.
When we made our complaint known we were offered wine and fruit in our room which we declined because we were on an all inclusive basis. We were then offered an upgrade to the a la carte restaurant for one evening which wasn't due to be open until after our departure. In the end we were given 25% off an Indian Head massage which equated to about £5 each - totally inadequate really.
That aside, here's the rest of my review:
The room was nicely furnished and very clean - lovely shower.
The beds and pillow were a bit firm for my taste, and we were only given a rough feeling cover for the bed. We requested a top sheet which we were given to put on the bed ourselves. When we were given a clean change of bedding we were given a top sheet but again had to remake the bed ourselves (not 5* service).
The pool area was nice, though the water too cold for swimming in October. No problem getting sun beds at the beach or pool at the beginning of the week, but by the end of the week the hotel was packed so beds were harder to find.
The best thing about the week was the food - absolutely lovely, particularly the desserts. All very well presented too.
Sometimes a struggle to get a table in the evenings and frquently had to share with others.
The hotel is in a good location - away from the centres of Marmaris and Icmeler but a pleasant 30minute walk to either along the promenade.
One thing we hadn't realised (and it was totally our responsibility) was that you have to pay £10 each for an entry visa. This is £10 English pounds - they will not take Turkish lira.
If it hadn't been for the sleepless nights, which completey ruined my holiday, I would have awarded 4 stars.
We did fill in the comment card and give it to the customer services lady (who was fully aware of the problems we had) and I had hoped to report that I had been contacted about these issues, but unfortunately that is not the case.

Room Tip: If you want any sleep choose a different hotel!
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
6  Thank RansleyBarn
Reviewed 4 November 2012

Arrived at 3am with my mother and two sons aged 10 & 12. We had booked a standard 3 bed room with an extra bed. The extra bed had not been put in the room and we had to wait whilst the bell boy fetched the bed and set it up.

The rooms for families are situated along the side of the hotel facing a scrubby orange tree orchard containing lots of rubbish, the service entrance to the hotel is below, which means large vehicle mouse throughout the night. And there is a busy, noisy road that runs alongside. Please beware when booking the family rooms, as they are all the same. You can't see the sea either.

Following morning I requested a move and settled for a smaller room on the opposite side of the hotel which had a large king size bed, which my kids and I shared) and they put a proper single bed in there for my mum. It was much quieter and had a lovely view.

Each room has an excellent powerful hair dryer, so no need to take one. There are also ample bath & face towels which are changed daily. There is tea & coffee provided and a kettle. Turkish tea and Nescafé with coffee mate. We got some milk from a supermarket down the road and kept it in the mini bar. They provide free bottles of water & soda, everything else in the mini bar is at an extra cost. There is also a flat screen TV with BBC World news free of charge. English channels such as ITV etc can be purchased for £10 per week. All rooms have balconies with two chairs & a little table. Toilet is separate with a frosted glass door and separate shower also with frosted glass. Shower is a wet room with overhead rain shower and a separate hand held shower head. Nowhere to change in private - we were changing in the toilet. It's all very modern! Air con is fab and also free!

Beach towels can be hired from reception at a cost of £15 deposit each. You can then change them as many times as you like in the spa. The deposit is fully refundable at the end of your stay.

The restaurant is fabulous and food is out of this world. Excellent value for money. Something for everyone including my fussy kids! Indoor and outdoor dinning available and also an a la carte restaurant at extra cost - we didn't feel the need! Wine, water, beer & sift drinks available on waiter service in restaurant, food is buffet self service.

There are a two small bars, one by the pool and one inside. Both very busy - would imagine you could wait a while to get served during peak season.

Pool was lovely but very small, no slides etc for kids and not heated so was very cold during October. Sunbeds all sandwiched together and again struggled to find anywhere to sit. Although this is a five star hotel I felt the outdoor amenities let it down somewhat. They need to extend the pool area. There is also a poolside snack bar providing lunches: pizza, chips, burgers.

There was an entertainment crew but all we saw them do was wonder around and then put up Water Polo nets for adults to play each afternoon. There was nothing for the kids to do. During half term, there were lots of kids, but all they did was open up a little room that catered for under 5s; this also had a tiny kids splash area as well.

The hotel is situated on the far edge if Marmaris, about a 45 walk to the main part of the town, so it is nice and quiet. Hotel has a tiny strip if beach which is like carpark gravel on the front with a few sunbed. We weren't impressed with Marmaris as a resort but the hotel for couples is superb!

They have a lovely spa area with Jacuzzi, sauna, hammam, massage rooms and rest area. It could be quite noisy at times. Masseurs are all Female. Treatments cost around £40-£50. The hairdressers advertised was closed. They also have a little kiosk selling sweets, papers etc and a lovely jewellers.

Taxi to Marmaris shops is around TLR12-15.

Transfer time from Dalaman is 1.5hrs.

All Inc alcohol available: beer, red, white & rosé wine, vodka, rum, brandy, whisky and lots of soft drinks. Cocktails are extra.

• Stayed: October 2012