“Good hotel in Marmaris but”

Ranked #15 of 234 Hotels in Marmaris
Reviewed 9 September 2013

We went to Grand Azur hotel for a vacation in August. When we arrived there we found out that our room was landview although we reserved a seaview.The reception staff were not that friendly and not willing to help. It was until the third day that this issue was fixed. You could wait for 20 minutes at their desk before anyone talks to you. The room service was also very slow. We had to call several times and wait for an hour in the room to get a tooth brush. Now the good points, the room was nice and clean, with great view. The pool was also great, but you had to come very early to be able to find a place near the pool. The breakfast and dinner was very good, with very classy atmosphere. The looks of the hotel and the lobby were very nice. Though the rates are 5 star rates, yet I have to think twice before reserving at this hotel if i get back to Marmaris

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Roger K
Zeynep T, Guest Relations Manager at D-Resort Grand Azur, responded to this reviewResponded 26 March 2015

Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We truly value the opinions of our guests and we apologize that we did not meet your expectations completely. Providing our guests with the best possible hospitality and service has always been our mission. We have addressed the issues, and spoken with the staff and the department in question. We want you to know that we truly enjoy sharing our passion for our destination with visitors and want you to walk out the door feeling refreshed. If you come back to our hotel, I would love to have the opportunity to speak with you directly, so please ask for me. We hope to see you again in the future and wish you the very best.

Reviewed 6 September 2013

had a great stay at the hotel,its big and one of the most luxurious hotels in marmaris, not really far from the center,pool is really nice, break fast and dinner are excellent theres a great variety of food, rooms are good, staff are helpful.

• Stayed: August 2013
3  Thank Tiama H

Dear Valued Guest;

First of all I would like to thank you for having chosen the D-Resort Grand Azur for your stay in Marmaris.
Thank you for taking the time out to post a review about our hotel, I am very pleased to hear that all our services were to your satisfaction, and please be assured that your positive comments have already been shared with all team members.
I look forward to welcome you back in not a too distant future to the D-Resort Grand Azur.

Reviewed 5 September 2013

To be fair I have to start by saying that hotel standards in Marmaris are lower than in other places. So a hotel classified as a 5 stars, does not have all the features and qualities you expect from a 5 stars hotel somewhere else.

Reception: the reception staff are not the friendliest people around, they are not disrespectful though; they just do their job, no more no less. Not exactly what you expect from a 5 stars hotel. We were given a twin room instead of a double, and when we complained, it didn't seem to bother them that much. They said they could try to find us another room the next day. We never bothered to ask again.

Hotel facilities: The hotel has a gym, spa and multiple restaurants. The staff at all these facilities are extremely friendly and helpful. The hotel also had a private pool and garden, something other neighboring hotels seemed to lack.

Food: The hotel was on half-board basis. So we ate breakfast and dinner at the hotel. The food quality was excellent, with many varieties available and in generous quantities. However, the same varieties were provided every day. So after a couple of days, it becomes boring and repetitive. Live entertainment was available each night at dinner.

Entertainment: The hotel had a live show every night. We didn't attend any of them.

Location: The hotel is perfectly located between Icmeler and Marmaris. You could walk to Icemeler (takes around 40 min with very easy pace), and you could walk to the Marmaris marina, again around 40 min walk. You could also take the buses which cost around 2TL (1$) each way.

Room: we took a see view room on the second floor. It had quite a pleasant view. Although higher floors had better ones. Rooms are clean with modern designs.

In summary, the hotel had a very good value/price. If you are looking for more luxury and do not mind the far location, then you should consider hotels in Icmeler. However, the hotel's location, price and services are the best among the ones on Marmaris.

Room Tip: Choose a higher level room if possible.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Rasha_Abdallah

Reviewed 4 September 2013

Booked this hotel through Jet 2 was one of the more expensive hotels listed but well worth the money.
Kids loved the large pool area, hotel was spotless as you would expect.
Meals were great, good quality and tasty, dining room could be busy but tables always avialable.
Drinks on the expensive side, my advice would be to purchase drinks in the supemarket, cool overnight in the mini bar fridge and take down to the pool lots of poeple doing this hotel staff were aware but said nothing.
location good for a family many shops, bars & a water park situated close by while the centre of Marmaris was a 20min walk.
Did read before going some comments before going that some staff were rude/ impolite did not see any evidence of this myself as all staff I had dealings with were frindly & courteous.
Would recommend private transfer from airport to the hotel if you can afford much better then the regular bus transfer.

Room Tip: Book a suite with a sea view definately worth the extra
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank vwmad

Reviewed 4 September 2013

The perfect holiday destination , great view ( but make sure you get full sea view room ) , good location ( out of the city fuss and pubs noise but surrounded by all kinds of shops and restaurants) , food was great , private ( but not crowded beach ) , state of the art gym , spacious lobby , room impeccable , totally renovated , helpful staff , and so on .
If I want to point out some minor issues they would be : internet not so great , beach umbrellas are bit small so you have to keep moving if you want the shade .
Next to a beautiful broad walk so great for jogging and walking - 2 km from down town Marmaris .

Room Tip: Ask for full sea view though partial sea view are not bad .
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 3 September 2013

Great week at Grand Azur was had by all my party.
The public areas were fantastic and the staff at the pool bar, beach bar and in the restaurant were great. All areas were very well maintained.The sunbeds were plentiful and not overcrowded, there was an opportunity to sit in many places - beach, garden and pool areas.
The rooms were large and the biggest beds with lovely linen. No duvet for the extra bed - just a sheet which was strange.
Bathroom is on small side but great walk in shower.
The rooms are perhaps not as clean as you would respect from a five star resort - some marks on tiles were there for several days.
Entertainment is good and not too much, Gizem and her team were very pleasant and not too pushy. Shame the pool aqua aerobics were not longer though.
Food is excellent - huge choice, amazing selection. Lovely waiting staff.
Great gym and spa - wish I had made more use of it.
My one recommendation to the hotel is to perhaps have somewhere in the rooms for people to dry their wet swimming stuff on as there is no where literally to dry your stuff.
I look forward to returning but do hope they might have spent some money on the awful reception area - like something out of the 70s! Maybe some creative lighting to soften the biege plastic pillars might be a start! Only part of hotel that let it down.

Room Tip: Most rooms are good if you face the pool / beach. Land view I would not want to be on the main road...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank HelenaWL

Reviewed 2 September 2013

Staying here was excellent. The staff are helpful and the general areas clean and very well cared for.. It's at the top end, price wise but actually, my rate was inclusive of breakfast and dinner and I felt it offered good value. Turkish 'star ratings' are not often the same as for other destinations but I felt, in this case, it held true. The food was varied and think that even the most discerning travleller can find something good to eat - an extremely small gripe was that when you're travelling alone it is nice if the waiting staff attend to you more quickly in the restauarant as you can feel more self concious than those eating with others.
The pool is lovely and although I didn't use the beach and beach bar, it also looked very attractive.
My room was very nice - I hadn't booked a sea view as this was a last minute booking but my view was of a neighbouring hotel's pool so quite attractive. The balcony has nice furniture on it to sit out with a drink. The bed was extremely comfortable with fluffy pillows and duvet and all the furniture in the room is of a lovely quality and very practical. For example, all the mirrors had electric sockets next to them for hairdriers/straighteners - sounds a simple thing but a lot of rooms I have stayed in, don't have. There are tea/coffee making facilites and, as expected, a mini bar so your in room needs are taken care of. One more small issues was that the wardrobe did not have a hanging space for maxi dresses which would have been nice but didn't stop my enjoyment of the room or the hotel. I didn't take advantage of the many additional amenities due to the short duration of my stay but it's a great place to stay and you feel a million miles away from the less attractive side of Marmaris.
I plan to stay here on all future visits to Marmaris

Room Tip: Because of the location of the hotel, there are no badly appointed rooms. If you can, though, get a...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo