“Never fails to impress.”

Ranked #14 of 234 Hotels in Marmaris
“Never fails to impress.”
Reviewed 14 September 2013 via mobile

We have just returned from our 2nd visit to the Grand Azur. And yet again we have returned rested, relaxed and over weight :)
I cannot recommend this hotel enough, from location, cleanliness to the food and service delivered by the Staff. We will definitely be returning again next year, 10 out of 10.

• Stayed September 2013
3 Thank Carlosfandango1
Zeynep T, Guest Relations Manager at D-Resort Grand Azur, responded to this review, 26 March 2015

Thank you very much for this candid feedback and for your custom.
I thank you once more for choosing the D-Resort Grand Azur for your stay in Marmaris and remain at your disposal for any assistance you may require in the future.

D-Resort Grand Azur

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (297)
  • Finnish first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 September 2013

This hotel is perfect for all age groups and holidays types. The staff were all so friendly and go out of their way to make sure you are happy.The animation team were AMAZING! They really bring the right upbeat attitude to the hotel. The activities they provide are enjoyable although a bit sparse and include separate activities for the children. They really made my holiday the best it could be and I became good friends with them all. There is a range of entertainment suitable for all ages. The hotel is situated in the perfect area to be near enough to the action but not kept awake by it. The hotels private beach is beautiful with on call waiters. The hotel and surrounding area is kept clean. The food offers a lot of variety with the most extensive choice of bread I have ever seen. The pool bar and beach bar are both fantastic. The indoor pool and spa area was an unexpected extra for its serenity. The gym is top class with a view towards the pool and sea. The rooms were lovely. The actual beds are very comfortable, the camper beds for extra sleepers (that was me) not so much but I still slept well.
Honestly all in all it was a beautiful hotel situated in a beautiful country. Id recommend it to everyone who wants great value for money!
I would advise going to this hotel when the activities and animation team are around as I cant believe it would be as enjoyable without them!

Room Tip: You really want to specify that you want a room facing the pool or the beach as there are a few room...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Ilana M

Reviewed 14 September 2013 via mobile

Stayed again at the Grand Azur the staff as always were fantastic. The refurbishment of the hotel is first class and the Steak restaurant is must.
The sea front bar is a lovely way to relax and chill out after your meal. Can't wait for next year.

• Stayed August 2013

Reviewed 14 September 2013

I first went on holiday to this hotel in 2012 and loved it. I returned in June this year and they had renovated the hotel and it looks amazing! Most evenings we spent in the beach bar where we listened to live music which was brilliant, really good entertainment! The food was second to none where they had different theme nights. You were spoilt for choice. Our room was overlooking the sea, we had a great view and the cleaners were spotless! The staff were very friendly and helpful making our holiday extra special. I would recommend anyone to go here. We had such a nice time we will be returning next year! Thank you.

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank dfevin

England
Reviewed 13 September 2013

Check I was slow and some of the Reception staff do seem to have an attitude but our room was huge with a massive balcony and the bed was amazing and the linen excellent. We were half board - the only complaint was that there was only one toaster that didn't work properly and the waiters weren't very attentive. Would recommend - go for a sea view and would go again

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a sea view
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank lorraineck

Kirkcaldy, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 September 2013

first visited this hotel in 2010 when it was the maritime grand azur and on booking for 2013 this was still its name however in between it changed its name to D Resort Grand Azur still 5 star with an upgrade. I loved this hotel in 2010 but sadly in 2013 it has changed.The room we were allocated was next to a main road so you couldn't use the veranda and right next to the hotel next door approx. 30 feet , the music played there very evening very loudly so if you fancy an early night forget it its deafening. The rooms unfortunately are very dirty and dusty, there is service every day but that's just a quick bed make clean and out the dust in the corners and under the bed was disgusting. there was a mark on the toilet wall approx. 6 inches long and it was never cleaned off, yes it was still there even when we left, the floor was never cleaned and as it was a wet room the hairs etc were never removed from the floor. on 3 separate occasions on returning to our room late in the afternoon we had to go to reception and request that the room be tidied bed made and towels replaced as no one had been in the room at all that day, in fact on several occasions I made the bed myself and went and met a maid and replaced the towels myself. I must admit the food standards in the restaurant are amazing the choice will always please everyone this is the only saving grace of this hotel as the staff them selves depending on who is around can be very rude especially in restaurant and when getting your towels from the pool everyday on several occasions we said good morning and thank you but with no return but that wasn't the case with all some were nice but unfortunately human nature you always remember the few who weren't. on reflection this hotel is definitely no longer 5 star 4 at best its a pity because it used to be a wonderful hotel I believe the take over means thing have changed but unfortunately not for the better, I did speak to several other guests in the hotel who also mirrored my views. Oh yes just a quick thing in a 5 star I have always dressed and made an effort for dinner don't bother here the majority seemed to come down to dinner in the beach wear shorts t shirts etc ther is no dress standards here at all this is definitely in my eyes not right when you are paying for the 5 star experience you definitely expect and deserve it

Room Tip: if you are going to use this hotel upgrade to a pool or sea view room or you will end up with a road...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank margaret j
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We truly value the opinions of our guests and we apologize that we did not meet your expectations completely. Providing our guests with the best possible hospitality and service has always been our mission. We have addressed the issues, and spoken with the staff and the departments in question. We want you to know that we truly enjoy sharing our passion for our destination with visitors and want you to walk out the door feeling refreshed. If you come back to our hotel, I would love to have the opportunity to speak with you directly, so please ask for me. We hope to see you again in the future and wish you the very best.
Reviewed 11 September 2013

We were very very pleased with this hotel and their private beach was an amazing bonus! Catering staff were very polite as well.
Mass amounts of food which was lovely, although more variation each evening would of been even nicer.
I would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank KirstyMay3
Dear Valued Guest;

First of all I would like to thank you for having chosen the D-Resort Grand Azur for your stay in Marmaris.
Thank you for taking the time out to post a review about our hotel, I am very pleased to hear that our services were to your satisfaction, and please be assured that all your comments have already been shared with all team members.
I look forward to welcome you back in not a too distant future to the D-Resort Grand Azur.