“Best Summer Holiday at Grand Azur Marmaris Aug2013”

Ranked #14 of 234 Hotels in Marmaris
Sheffield, United Kingdom
“Best Summer Holiday at Grand Azur Marmaris Aug2013”
Reviewed 18 September 2013

We have been to Marmaris several times before. However on our holiday in August 2013 for the first time me, mywife and our 2 kids stayed at D-Resort Grand Azur Marmaris and was the best Hotel we have ever stayed in. The staff at the Hotel Reception were excellent with well presented and had excellent manner also very helpfull. The security Fatma has been great every time we came in and out of the Hotel with her smiling and friendly attitude made us feel comfortable. The hotel is 5 Star and its 5 Star I must say: very clean with very modern rooms sea view and the food was excellent. They have hundreds of different variety of foods, deserts and fruits every day with different type of foods. The hotel has private swimmingpool, gym, sandy beach and very close to shops and to main restaurants, bars. The room we staed in was bid with balcony, aircondition, safebox all included.
The Hotel also have the best Steak restaurant at the top of the hotel.
We would recomend the hotel to all visitors travelling to Marmaris and definately we will stay at D-Resort Grand Azur every time we visit Marmaris Turkey.

Room Tip: Junior Suite room was excellent very spacious with balcony, big LCD TV and big bathroom.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank ozidyn
Zeynep T, Guest Relations Manager at D-Resort Grand Azur, responded to this review, 26 March 2015
Dear Valued Guest;

First of all I would like to thank you for having chosen the D-Resort Grand Azur for your stay in Marmaris.
Thank you for taking the time out to post a review about our hotel, I am very pleased to hear that all our services were to your satisfaction, and please be assured that your positive comments have already been shared with all team members.
I look forward to welcome you back in not a too distant future to the D-Resort Grand Azur.

D-Resort Grand Azur

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (308)
  • Finnish first
  • Turkish first
Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 September 2013

We've stayed at the Grand Azur many times and the staff have always been wonderful. One of the top guys there is Necmettin (or you can call him Nigel if you can't pronounce Necmettin!!) who is the Assistant Food and Beverages (F&B) Manager. Nothing is too much trouble for him, and he always has a smile no matter how busy the Restaurant or Beach Bar are. The food is pretty good, too, especially the Yoghurt Kebab in the Beach Bar. Delicious. We'll be back soon, Nigel :-)

Room Tip: You HAVE to ask for a sea view room - it's stunning.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Tony F
Dear Valued Guest;

Almaty, Kazakhstan
Reviewed 17 September 2013

We were staying in Marmaris for 7 nights and we loved it!!!! We didn`t get sea view deluxe rooms because we booked late from Istanbul. The room was spacious and clean. The window looked to the parking area and to the main road which wasn`t nice at all. Bathroom wasn`t big but shower was great with an extra towels. PROS: Breakfast and dinner buffet are excellent! Private beach was very clean. Outdoor swimming pool was good, kids friendly. The gym, sauna and steam bath were great, especially Turk body wash and massage - it was very relaxing. I would recommend you to get washed in turkish style with scrubbing etc. to become nicely tanned ;)))) CONS: Nobody helped with our laggage when we checked-in. Wi-Fi was rubbish. Windows wasn`t sound proof, we could hear main road and drunk people in the early morning )))) i had to get up several time to check if the window was left open it was that bad. But overall we went to Marmaris not to lay in the hotel but to rest under the sun and enjoy the cool evenings. We had an amazing time, fully rested and relaxed...We will defo come back to Turkey again!!!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Zeynep T, Konuk İlişkileri Müdürü at D-Resort Grand Azur, responded to this review, 13 September 2014
Dear Guest,

First of all, we would like to thank you for choosing D-Resort Grand Azur for your stay in Marmaris.

Thank you for taking your time out to post a review about D-Resort Grand Azur, we are very pleased to hear that all our services were to your satisfaction and please be assured that your positive comments have already been shared with all our team members.

We look forward to welcoming you back to D-Resort Grand Azur Marmaris again.

Yours sincerely,
D-Resort Grand Azur / Guest Relations
Durham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 September 2013

we are due to go to this hotel please could anyone tell us if they provide beach towels this would be a real big help as to keep the weights down it does not state in the brochure and we can not find an email address

Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank 373steve
grandazur, General Manager at D-Resort Grand Azur, responded to this review, 16 September 2013
Dear Guest,

We do provide towels for beach and pool. Each guest will be given a towel card when you check in.
We look forward to welcoming you.

Tripoli, Lebanon
Reviewed 15 September 2013

This Hotel is considered to be the best in Marmaris. Yet it wasn't one of the best hotels I visited.
We were 5 friends: 2 double rooms and 1 single room. We spent 5 nights there.
I wanted a sea-view deluxe room but it was not available during the first two nights so I took an inland view room for these two nights and then moved to the deluxe room for the remaining 3 nights.
Upon arrival, things began to be unpleasant:
- Nobody helped us with our luggage.
- Our room (one of the 2 double rooms) was smaller than the other 2 rooms (about 60% of the space). and its balcony looked at the parking. Our friends got more spacious rooms (well decorated and very comfortable) with balconies looking at the swimming people of another hotel (much more better view). Although we were on the same floor and we paid the same. Not a big deal since I was moving after two nights to another room.
- We had a baby bed in our room !! removing it took lots of time and phone calls to the reception.
- Our friends in the single room got a room with two single beds instead of one queen bed (as described in the reservation). The lady at the reception offered to join the two beds to replace the queen-bed room. Even this did not happen till 10pm.
- The hotel's policy is to offer shampoo, shower gel and two towels (no hair conditioner, no bath robes, no slippers..etc). If you want anything else they will pass it to you but you have to wait and wait and to talk to almost everyone in the hotel to get what you want.
This leads me to the most important issue: the staff. I never encountered such hostile staff anywhere else. The lady responsible for cleaning my room didn't speak English and was very mad because I didn't understand Turkish (she almost yelled at me, so I left her and had to go the reception just to tell them I needed an extra towel). My friend also had a problem with the same lady. I don't remember the details but she was so rude that he had to go and tell the hotel manager about what she did.
I am still not sure about the concierge desk. Although they have one in the lobby, I never seen anyone behind it. I asked for the concierge three times during my stay. In the first time they made me wait in the lobby while they called a lady who came and introduced herself as the concierge. In the second time, the gentleman said (very reluctantly) he could answer my questions. In the third time I got the answer: we have no concierge and that desk is for decoration purposes.
The staff everywhere in the hotel are over occupied, not friendly, don't know how to smile and are very reluctant helping you.
Breakfast and dinner buffet are fine: wide variety, good food (just good, no more no less). Yet very crowded and the waiters were overwhelmed with all the guests they need to serve.
Swimming pools are nice (tried both indoors and outdoors). The beach was more calm and less crowded than in other hotels. The gym, sauna and steam bath were great (all for free).
Wifi service is so and so. Sometimes it works good (slow though), sometimes it keeps disconnecting and asking to re-enter password. We could not complain since it was for free and they had no other (paid, better quality) option.
Finally, the good news: The sea-view deluxe room was superb. Amazing sea view. Very spacious: separate sitting area, large bathroom with a Jacuzzi overlooking the sea and mountains (the Jacuzzi didn't work, you can use it as a bathtub). One last "evil" note: Deluxe rooms are found in the 5th floor of the hotel. Here, in this floor (the rich people floor) , staff are more friendly and they speak English.

Room Tip: Try to have a sea-view deluxe room .. It is worth the expense. Check the last paragraph in my review...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
4 Thank wassim n
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We truly value the opinions of our guests and we apologize that we did not meet your expectations completely. Providing our guests with the best possible hospitality and service has always been our mission. We have addressed the issues, and spoken with the staff and the department in question. We want you to know that we truly enjoy sharing our passion for our destination with visitors and want you to walk out the door feeling refreshed. If you come back to our hotel, I would love to have the opportunity to speak with you directly, so please ask for me. We hope to see you again in the future and wish you the very best.
Reviewed 14 September 2013 via mobile

We have just returned from our 2nd visit to the Grand Azur. And yet again we have returned rested, relaxed and over weight :)
I cannot recommend this hotel enough, from location, cleanliness to the food and service delivered by the Staff. We will definitely be returning again next year, 10 out of 10.

• Stayed September 2013
3 Thank Carlosfandango1
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for this candid feedback and for your custom.
I thank you once more for choosing the D-Resort Grand Azur for your stay in Marmaris and remain at your disposal for any assistance you may require in the future.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 September 2013

This hotel is perfect for all age groups and holidays types. The staff were all so friendly and go out of their way to make sure you are happy.The animation team were AMAZING! They really bring the right upbeat attitude to the hotel. The activities they provide are enjoyable although a bit sparse and include separate activities for the children. They really made my holiday the best it could be and I became good friends with them all. There is a range of entertainment suitable for all ages. The hotel is situated in the perfect area to be near enough to the action but not kept awake by it. The hotels private beach is beautiful with on call waiters. The hotel and surrounding area is kept clean. The food offers a lot of variety with the most extensive choice of bread I have ever seen. The pool bar and beach bar are both fantastic. The indoor pool and spa area was an unexpected extra for its serenity. The gym is top class with a view towards the pool and sea. The rooms were lovely. The actual beds are very comfortable, the camper beds for extra sleepers (that was me) not so much but I still slept well.
Honestly all in all it was a beautiful hotel situated in a beautiful country. Id recommend it to everyone who wants great value for money!
I would advise going to this hotel when the activities and animation team are around as I cant believe it would be as enjoyable without them!

Room Tip: You really want to specify that you want a room facing the pool or the beach as there are a few room...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Ilana M
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for this candid feedback and for your custom.